May 11, 2017

A recent ABC News poll found that 67% of Americans think the Democratic Party is out of touch with average working Americans. So some Democratic politicians ventured forth into the wilderness, to Pennsylvania, a blue collar state that Hillary Clinton had foolishly assumed was, like the White House itself, hers by divine right. They sat for a panel discussion hosted by CBS’ John Dickerson (host of “Deface the Nation,” as President Trump calls it) to listen to what longtime (but not last time) Democratic voters thought. And boy, did they get an earful!

One man told them that by continuing to blame Russia and WikiLeaks, they’re proving they’re not just out of touch but uninterested in correcting the problem. Besides, all WikiLeaks did was confirm that Democrats were trying to game the election, so what they’re basically saying is, “If we hadn’t been caught lying, we’d be running the country right now.” A woman told them that Russia had no impact on the election and that it makes them look desperate and drives her “absolutely mad” to hear them go on as if Russian spies were driving around from poll to poll, hoodwinking the voting machines. Another man said voters in his city were mostly concerned about jobs, and Trump was the only one talking about that. He said the Democrats’ only economic solutions were taxing the rich, which doesn’t create jobs, and raising the minimum wage, when people “don’t wanna work at McDonald’s their entire life.”

There’s more at the link. It shows that – surprise! - voters between the coasts are not stupid, and they’ve had enough of being manipulated. They want to see some real results for a change. If Democratic leaders keep serving up nothing but smoke and mirrors, they might be the ones who end up working at McDonald’s for the rest of their lives.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Michael Dunn

05/11/2017 02:20 PM

I am not a Democrat either. But I would say these views and attitudes of abject Frustration can be applied to Rhino Republicans as well. Paul Ryan talks a good fight but seldom gets the job done. "Not one more dollar for planned parenthood", to quote him from a year or so back. Look what has happened since. McCain is gaining traitor status and at the very least might as well be a Democrat. His backstabbing childish rants and obstructions of progress makes myself and everyone I know angry and frustrated beyond belief. Lindsey Graham is close to being as bad. These two and Snowden broke rank and went against the Republicans on a bill which would helped jobs by lowering the expense of drilling gas and oil. All based on faulty "climate change" data. This bill along with regulations here in Colorado creates an additional 33% higher cost in drilling a well. This kills jobs and also raises the cost of gas at the pump when they do accomplish a well. But back to your point. Both groups are out of touch. I don't agree with all Trump does but he is the President and he is keeping the deals he made with myself, the voter. Thank you Mr. Huckabee for your comments and staying involved with what is happening. I wish there was some way I could work for our cause.

• Thomas Pierce

05/11/2017 02:14 PM

The article about the Democrats being out of touch is right on the mark. On a spiritual note, the Republicans are not too far behind them. Our nation, and the whole world is in trouble. ALL of the issues boil down to MORALS - Biblical morals! I truly mean ALL. Terrorism, abortion, fair taxes, health care costs, and all the way down the line to mundane things like running red lights (Me first while everyone else needs to wait) - it is all about morals. Prayer. Public prayer. No more "Moments of Silence". We do not need silence. We need to actually Pray. Then we need to teach our children good morals. It begins at home, not at school, or anywhere else. MOM and DAD working together as one to teach these young children. I can go on for hours. This is just a taste. Thank you.

• Elizabeth Musham

05/11/2017 02:04 PM

I'm so tired of the Dems lying and whining. Reminds me of playground bullies...never their fault, blaming everyone else when caught engaged in bad behavior! The American people are fed up and we are not stupid!

• Samuel Crees

05/11/2017 02:02 PM

They are out of touch due to a SIN problem. Everything they justify is like the fine print in a feel good advertisement. The advertisement shows half truths and whole lies of how their ideas will change humanity to equalize everyone. The fine print reveals the corruption of their greed, ambitions to become powerful, and their desire to become a god by attempting to control and manipulate everyone that does not fall into the New World Order. How does anyone call themselves a Christian if they believe abortion is ok? The Holy Spirit does not live in them, no conscious. I am preaching to the choir I am sure, but all we can do is stand up for what is right, do what is right, and pray for those that have been deceived by Satan himself. These non-believers believe their own ignorance. They are strong in their own ignorance. Everyone of them have egg on their face. Sad thing, most of them go to church. Preachers in the pulpit need to preach the Gospel and conviction instead of serving coffee, ice tea, donuts and avoiding stepping on anyone toes. Long story short, I don't see the rhetoric changing anytime soon on the left and it is as simple as Christ don't live in them. Tell them, Pray for them, Love them, Act for God and Give it to God! Thank you Governor Huckabee for being that example in the public eye!

• Karen Chilton

05/11/2017 01:57 PM

Why did I vote for President Trump? Because he understood where America was going and how to turn it around and make us a Strong Country again. I would never have voted for Hillary Clinton, her stupidity caused the death of a US Ambassador and other heroes. She will never get my vote. I am on Social Security and soon will be on Medicare. I have not been able to afford health care for the last couple of years. I do not cry - I take care of myself. I work and I hope to be able to retire one day. It's coming - I am paying off old debt and my car. Then I can move and retire. I am tired of the Democrats whining. They need to pick up their toys and get on with life and work with the Republicans and the White House and fix the problems. We also need to get rid of a few late night comics that seem to think that they are so smart. I am tired of them. Keep up the Good Work Governor!

• Pamela Mixon

05/11/2017 01:55 PM

Democrats do not realize that the average person today is more informed today than they were years ago because of the Internet. The MSM can no longer control everything for them. People were sick of being manipulated and it showed in the last election. They just do NOT get it!!

• robert broderick

05/11/2017 01:54 PM

They have totally lost control . They can't even keep up with all the lies they tell. The MSM has gone completely insane. Conservatives in the spotlight such as yourself need to keep doing what you can to inform the "normal" people of the real truth. Thanks for what you do Gov.

• Letha J. Bichrest

05/11/2017 01:50 PM

There are a large number of moderate Democrats who are switching parties because of the delusion of the far left. I call it "delusion" and wonder if it's part of the "Great Delusion" the Bible speaks of during End of Days. I will be 60 in September, and I cannot remember a time in our history like this. I know conservatives will prevail. Still it's very sad to see the far left destroy the Democratic Party. I have always been Republican since the first time I heard Ronald Reagan speak, sealed me as a conservative.

• Patsy Kenney

05/11/2017 01:46 PM

They didn't need a poll to tell me they are out of touch with the people, they are out of touch with reality!!! I voted for Trump and I'm willing to wait and see. He can't get all the problems taken care of over night. It took the dems 8 years to create this train wreck. And even GW did his part. 25 years worth. The snowflakes need to get inside before they melt.

• John LaFollette

05/11/2017 01:42 PM

Mike, the scariest part is that despite Dems are so out of touch with traditional America, there are a lot of them and they are fired up. I mean, there were 3 million more of them at the ballot box. That's scary. These people are not just bitter, but dangerous. I am convinced they would have no problem destroying the country if that's what it takes to regain power. Whatever it takes. Dangerously out of touch.

• Karen Mauss

05/11/2017 01:24 PM

I always enjoy seeing you on Outnumbered or wherever else you might pop up. Some of your analogies could only have been devised by someone from the south. :) Speaking as one who occasionally used to cross party lines, it's very sad to see what has become of the Democratic party. Their "leadership" has learned nothing from the drubbing they got last fall, and in fact seem to have doubled down on dumbness and deafness. The vast majority of people do not care about the things they are collectively foaming at the mouth about. And no, most folks do not believe there is a Russian behind every bush now - or care. People care about whether they have a decent job, whether they can put their kids through college, whether they have anything left over after they've paid the bills.

• Jo Hall

05/11/2017 01:20 PM

Just so horribly upset at how the Dems refuse to grow up and act like adults and do the jobs they were elected to do. I will never vote Democratic again. They are out to destroy this country. I thank God every single day that Hillary lost. These riots and being paid to do so must stop. Soros must be jailed for doing this plus back taxes along with Al Sharpton. The rules must be the same for everyone. I hope they bring justice for Hillary's crimes as no one should be exempt. We never realized all the corruption. It must stop. I pray Trump cleans it all up. So sad.

• Donna Siebert

05/11/2017 01:19 PM

IMHO, the dem/libbers are NOT interested in We the People. Only themselves and they're continually feeding us corruption daily. The lies they tell are forced fed to us daily. Well we force fed them in the November 2016 polls.. and we stand by our man, President Donald J. Trump. He is draning the swamp slowly but surely.

• Diane Henderson

05/11/2017 01:12 PM

Hello mr. Huckabee . I like Spicer but could we trade Sean in for Sarah?
    Unfortunately we even heard Juan Williams say that if an investigation is going on Trump must be guilty of something. I believe that's why Schumer wants a special prosecutor now so that they'll be three and how could anybody believe that Trump isn't guilty of something with THREE government investigations going on after all? Let's forget what Clapper said, what Yates said and even what Comey said. (There's nothing to see here.) It's sad to think that the Democrats are going to push this with such conviction The damage that the Democrats are doing to our nation with their complete disrespect for our POTUS is so dangerous for our nation. The world lost respect for us with Obama and now they have lost respect for us because the of the way we treat our legally elected president. If we don't respect our POTUS why should they. I also want to know when the right time to fire Comey might have been. After the investigation? And when would that be? How many years? Once again the Dems try to take the president's authority away from him. And why are we giving so much authority to the Democrats? Schumer issues orders of how it's going to be. I thought we won. We're doing nothing but enabling them like spoiled children. I would be so embarrassed to be a Democrat right now.
    Mr. Huckabee please keep our voices loud and strong. Praying for the country, our POTUS and our people.

• Vicki J. Smith

05/11/2017 01:03 PM

I believe that their behavior further underlines the comments made by Hillary Clinton during the campaign...that the majority of voters who catapulted President Trump to the White House are not only irredeemable and deplorable, but are ignorant as well. We are being dismissed on a daily basis, our thoughts, our ideas, our voice. The Democrats pummel our President and remain silent about the rioting, violence, blocking of roads, and vile hatred being spewed in the streets of America. Their silence actually puts a stamp of approval on this behavior. They care absolutely nothing about our democracy and the people, only their political careers. They cave to those with big pockets, celebrities, George Soros and the Clintons the same way our Party caves to many on the left. Our Party needs to take heed and support our President and his agenda. We need to ensure healthcare meets the needs of the people instead of just putting a plan together to say "we did it." We need to keep the backbone displayed in the confirmation of Judge Neil Gorsuch. In Tennessee, our Senators put a FB statement out regarding Comey...that while he should have been fired, the timing was not advantageous. This was merely another example of appeasing loud voices and failure to support our President. If our Party does not come together, we will find ourselves losing the "majority" we now hold and wasting the opportunity the voters provided. We need to encourage our President to move our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. We need "not an executive order" for freedom of religion, but an overturn of the Johnson Amendment. We need tax reform and an actual budget, that protects Social Security and Medicare. There is much to be done to keep the promises made to your constituents during the campaign. I hope it was not all for nought.

• Kathy Freeman

05/11/2017 12:57 PM

This is exactly what people have been telling them for months now, but they either do not want to hear it or they need to have their hearing checked. It is over 6 months since the election and they just refuse to face the reality of why they lost. If they are out to destroy the Democratic Party more power to them. It would be OK with me. If they want to deny reality fine, but quit acting in an obstructionist manner so the Republicans and President Trump can get on with governing the nation and fixing its problems.

• Sheila J. Copas

05/11/2017 12:54 PM

It's like they've gotten on a Merry go Round with no desire to stop and get off....saying the same things over and over again, with no regard to how ridiculous they sound! I guess their philosophy is, if we continue to keep repeating the same lies, they will magically become truths! I don't think they truly understand how old all this rhetoric is becoming to everyone!

• Ricky Stacy

05/11/2017 12:44 PM

They are more than "out of touch" they are touched in the head. In all of my life I have never seen a party flip flap like they do. It's like we are not suppose to remember what they said the week before.

• Betty Helland

05/11/2017 12:42 PM

I agree 100% with what you said Mr. Huckabee.
    Also love seeing you on Fox.You have a nice way of saying the truth!!
    Wish we had more people like you!!

• Rick Jones

05/11/2017 12:41 PM

A one word comment ! "Duhhhh..."

May 11, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Michael Dunn

• Jo Hall

05/11/2017 01:20 PM

• Donna Siebert

05/11/2017 01:19 PM

• Diane Henderson

05/11/2017 01:12 PM

Hello mr. Huckabee . I like Spicer but could we trade Sean in for Sarah?

• Vicki J. Smith

05/11/2017 01:03 PM

• Kathy Freeman

05/11/2017 12:57 PM

• Sheila J. Copas

05/11/2017 12:54 PM

• Ricky Stacy

05/11/2017 12:44 PM

• Betty Helland

05/11/2017 12:42 PM

I agree 100% with what you said Mr. Huckabee.
    Also love seeing you on Fox.You have a nice way of saying the truth!!
    Wish we had more people like you!!

• Rick Jones

05/11/2017 12:41 PM

A one word comment ! "Duhhhh..."

May 11, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Michael Dunn

• Jo Hall

05/11/2017 01:20 PM

• Donna Siebert

05/11/2017 01:19 PM

• Diane Henderson

05/11/2017 01:12 PM

Hello mr. Huckabee . I like Spicer but could we trade Sean in for Sarah?

• Vicki J. Smith

05/11/2017 01:03 PM

• Kathy Freeman

05/11/2017 12:57 PM

• Sheila J. Copas

05/11/2017 12:54 PM

• Ricky Stacy

05/11/2017 12:44 PM

• Betty Helland

05/11/2017 12:42 PM

I agree 100% with what you said Mr. Huckabee.
    Also love seeing you on Fox.You have a nice way of saying the truth!!
    Wish we had more people like you!!

• Rick Jones

05/11/2017 12:41 PM

A one word comment ! "Duhhhh..."