“The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”

--- H. L. Mencken

About a week ago, I wrote to warn about what Democrats plan to do to go around the will of the voters should Trump win, even if his win is decisive. VOTE IN PERSON, I said, to make as sure as you possibly can that your vote will count, and be ready for anything after the votes start coming in. That’s especially true if your state is considered to be, even possibly, a “swing” state.

Democrats aren’t even bothering to be secretive about their plans; Madame Defarge herself (Hillary) says that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should Biden concede. And the WASHINGTON POST ran an op-ed saying that only if Biden won in a landslide would there be no rioting and looting afterwards. It was like saying, “Vote for us, the looters and rioters, so your life won’t be destroyed by looting and rioting.”

Since I brought you that story, the threat has been clarified even more. What the left is trying to do right now is straight out of a George Orwell novel. Recall that in “1984,” the “Ministry of Truth” is actually in charge of just the opposite: maintaining a fiction.

An excellent piece by Michael Anton in THE AMERICAN MIND (thanks to Dan Bongino for calling attention to this) explains just how Democrats have been setting the stage for a coup in the case of Trump winning the Electoral College. This is a must-read.

Over the summer, Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) began laying the groundwork by suggesting Trump wouldn’t go quietly if he lost. Why, the military might have to save us from him. Pieces like Zachary Cohen’s for CNN first tried to cast doubt on Trump’s fitness for office, asking “Can military commanders refuse an order from Trump?” Cohen reassured his frightened readers that with the “layers of safeguards” we have, the President can’t unilaterally deploy a disproportionate nuclear attack. I’ll provide the link to this ridiculous commentary, but read it only if you’re absolutely sure you can keep your head from exploding.

Here’s another completely crazy one, by a couple of retired Army officers wanting to further the scenario of Trump playing “dictator” and refusing to leave the White House if he loses. This is based on nothing other than Trump warning about mail-in ballots and election fraud. (News flash: Trump is absolutely right about mail-in ballots and election fraud. Why do you think Democrats are pushing so hard for mail-in voting? It’s so they can discredit the results if Trump wins, and also to set the stage for chaos.) People actually read this piece of drivel, and I’m sure some took it very seriously.

Then there was the WAPO story we talked about last week: John Podesta’s George Soros-funded “war games” seminar at which about 100 Democrat leaders and some anti-Trump Republicans –- so they could use the word “bipartisan” –- looked at all the possible election scenarios. (Here’s the Orwellian part: this was called “the Transition Integrity Project.”) In the scenario of Trump clearly winning, Podesta, playing the role of Biden, refused to concede (just as Hillary has advised), pressured even states won by Trump to send a Democrat slate of electors to the Electoral College, and “trusted the military to take care of the rest.” In other words, vote for Trump and bring on the coup.

What would follow a Trump win, they said, would be “a street fight, not a legal battle.” Recall that we GOT a legal battle in the aftermath of the George W. Bush/Al Gore “hanging chad” election, with Democrats using the legal dispute forever after to claim that Bush wasn’t a legitimate President. That mess will look like a picnic in the park compared to 2020 if Trump wins, they’re warning. This time, it’s gonna get rough.

And, of course, it will be all Trump’s fault.

So the second part of the plan is to make sure we think it IS all Trump’s fault. The AMERICAN MIND piece goes on to explain why the Democrats have chosen to speak so freely for months about the likely need for an anti-Trump coup. That one’s easy: they’ve got to get the idea of a coup out there –- A COUP CAUSED BY TRUMP –- with the threat that we’ll have “a repeat of this summer, only much, much bigger.” Then, when the time comes, “crank the propaganda to eardrum-shattering decibels and fill the streets of every major city with ‘protesters.’ Shut down the country and allow only one message to be heard: ‘Trump must go.’” And you know the media will do it, blaming Trump for the whole mess.

So, how does the Trump administration prepare for a clear electoral win in which Biden won't concede, when Democrats are already busy twisting the story into the opposite of that? Maybe the Republicans need to play out their own “war game” scenario. In case there is a coup, they also need a clear idea of who is on their side. And the President needs ways to communicate with the American people that can go around most of the major media. (Tweets won’t do it; he’ll be banned, of course.)

Trump had better be ready, and we need to be warning about this from now till Election Day. I believe, just as I did in 2016, that Trump will win. It’ll have to be a landslide to overcome the inevitable mail-in ballot fraud, but he will win. I just don’t believe that THAT many Americans have utterly lost their minds. Democrats will insist Biden really won and that any “coup” is Trump’s fault, but it’s a lie they’ve been setting up for months.

I’ll leave you with an opinion piece about this that is guaranteed not to make your head explode, by Jonathan Tobin in the NEW YORK POST. But take heed: it is very much a warning.

• Christina G

09/08/2020 08:11 PM

Hello Governor,
    I enjoy your articles that I get everyday. They are a breath of fresh air in a world of complete nonsense, so thank you for sending them! My question is: I’m not on social media anymore. I got rid of my Facebook account over 6 years ago and never signed up for Twitter etc. because of political bias. So, with that being said, is anyone convincing President Trump of his dire need to switch to a trusted free speech platform (like Parler) in order to communicate with the American people after the election? The democrats are rabid and I’m sure they would shut his communication down. Maybe if he switches now, it will give people time to follow him. Just a thought.

• Carl T Smith

09/08/2020 08:03 PM

Am I Missing Something? In a nation where the 4th Estate was Investigating and Reporting the REAL News, this Election would be a slam dunk for the sitting President. The Problem is the Media and I mean ALL the media is just a political propaganda arm for the Democrats. Sorry Fox, your letting the Liberals control the narrative. I'm guessing to Please LURCH Murdoch so his spouse can be invited to the "A" List Cocktail Parties? The POINT is everything you and a few that are watching Know what's going on but the 'Undecided' are NOT seeing what WE SEE. I have people that actually Believe anything the Socialist Media spouts! Stupid is not strong enough to describe the vacuum that must exist between their ears!

• Debra Crase

09/08/2020 07:44 PM

I signed up for Parler June 2019...but have only recently started to learn how to navigate it...other friends are signing up as well...I'm wondering why Trump has not weighed in on Parler...it seems to be an avenue for when we are all kicked off of every other media? Is it likely that Parler will not be an option for communication closer to the election also?

• Judith Horan

09/08/2020 07:40 PM

I think the Republican Party should rerun all of the wonderful Patriotic speeches given at their convention! Keep running them because they were so awesome. They said they swung some of the undecideds our way. It could help to do even more of that! Repeat them over and over! They hold the truth of what's true!

• Terry Stephan

09/08/2020 07:40 PM

Dear Governor,
    This is off topic but I wanted to get this info to you as you can escalate it to President Trump’s group if you think worthy; With regards to all the wildfires in CA. right now and sporadically throughout our nation; It would be a real benefit if the President can address these wildfires and present a PLAN to stop them from becoming the disasters we have seen. To me, it would be somewhat SIMPLE to have the US purchase and maintain a fleet of six 747 supertankers that could reach anywhere in the USA in a matter of hours, laying water or retardant a mile long and 1/2 mile wide in one pass; it wouldn't take more than a few passes to extinguish most fires, especially if an alert system is setup to quickly identify potential devastating fires. The 747’s can be based at a military base and be flown by military pilots (the best there are!). So for maybe $100 million to set it up and $5 million/yr to maintain; this would be something that all Americans would be proud to see; the President addressing and actually DOING SOMETHING about these devastating fires. PS: the aircraft can also be leased/loaned, etc. to other countries when possible. I may be crazy, but why can’t the USA fix this controllable problem? Thanks for ALL YOU DO!!

• Linda Baese

09/08/2020 07:13 PM

They need to be arrested for treason immediately! No more nice guy crap!

• Ernest John Kizer

09/08/2020 06:55 PM

I've been a born-again evangelical Christian for 50 years and I'm not a pro-violence person...never have been...but I honestly believe that if by hook or by crook Biden wins we patriots must wage our own civil war. I believe we will have to take out, or lock up, every elected democrat state or federal including state legislatures. Then we need to arrest ever anti-America professor, and the leftist news media. Antifa and BLM will also need to be dealt with. If we don't do this we will have to resign ourselves to living in a Marxist/communist country and America will be forever destroyed. I do not believe we have a choice in this matter. The demonrats are nothing but Satan's minions doing his work and they have to go. I pray that enough patriots will rise up and get this job done if the demonrats try to force Marxism and their agenda upon us. Do you see any way out of this demonic mess other than smashing the demonic minions? I do think Trump will win and then the civil war will be waged against us, but either way it's gonna take a war to deliver America from this present evil.

• James Covey

09/08/2020 06:38 PM

On Monday"Labor Day" I was at Rubinio's, a local Italian deli, the ones that smell sooo good. They were very busy making submarines (Rochester , NY) for a big samwich. I had the pleasure of chatting with two EMT's who were just ahead of me in the line and behind me were two Rochester police officers. These four were providing emergency services and working diligently and selflessly on the holiday. I asked the young woman police officer about the unusual and unique device on her for tool belt near the radio. She explained that it was a tourniquet, enough said! I am really proud of all of our first responders. The people that would save your life when needed most should be supported. I think you and I whole heartedly agree on that! Happy birthday from a 1955 model, I turned 65 this year too. God bless you and your family, I love the show and watch you every week. Sincerely, James Covey. I am a retired crane operator in the construction trades.

I thanked them each for their service and wished them a happy holiday!

• Robert

09/08/2020 06:35 PM

If God made America special, which I believe He did, then we must rely 100% on your Bible quote from this morning..."Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. PROV 3:5."

• Danny Browning

09/08/2020 06:18 PM

If the punks want war, then we will give it to them if necessary. I personally don’t care if they burn some of these democrat cities to the ground.
    Better yet all the liberals are so scared of the COVID vaccine, they may all get COVID on pass silently in the night

• Evelyn Cross

09/08/2020 05:22 PM

Trump/Pence 2020

• Lewis Cleveland

09/08/2020 05:21 PM

Hi Gov. Huckabee,
    Thank you so much for sharing. All along the way you share is very accurate. Trump for America or democrats for regime against us. Im in Isaiah, seeing his days are so much like todays. Praying for this nation. And Trump wins. God bless you and family.

Sincerely yours,
    Lewis

• Judy McGlothlin

09/08/2020 05:20 PM

The problem of communicating with the public after a Trump win has me worried. Short of dropping pamphlets from planes what to do? Maybe establish an email communication network. A message from the President will be emailed to certain individuals who will each have an email list to send the message to and so on and so forth.

• James Forsythe

09/08/2020 05:06 PM

Mike, You are absolutely correct! Trump will win, and the crazies will be promoting every lie they can think of to damage his administration.

• Joan Mangum

09/08/2020 05:04 PM

All this is so terrifying. After this summer of violence
    I have had no doubt of ANTI FA and the militant Marxists intimidating voters and the have been threatening a siege of the White House. What with the Covid and blue state shut downs and massive mail on voting. we could well be in a national crisis. Are these anarchists possibly the citizen army Obama was referring to when be was in office?
    As a Christian I am PRAYING.

If I weren't

• Robert Godfrey

09/08/2020 04:50 PM

I have been concerned about this for a long time, like decades. I have watched as the what used to be democrats, and many republicans, now known to me simply as communists, have laid the groundwork in schools, businesses, churches, you name it. I personally believe that ever since I was old enough to vote there have only been three presidents that have truly loved this country... Harry Truman, JFK, and now, Trump. Some would include Reagan, but for me, he was a controlled mouthpiece to allow the progression to continue. All others, regardless of party, have allowed, and assisted, the progression of hating the country to be instilled into the hearts and minds of the young, and we are seeing the result manifest itself in the last, and in this, election, even more openly. One thing no one mentions is the possibility of violence at the polls on election day... beatings, drive by shootings, car bombs, things like that, to scare aware Trump supporters from even voting... I am an old man, and I will not live to see how horrible it will become if there is open revolt, but if one wants a preview of what will happen if there is, read about the Spanish Civil War, and you will see how brutal it might end up... And, it carries with it the distinct possibility of WW III, depending on which countries side with freedom, and which choose to be red, rather than dead...

• Lena Estep Gipson

09/08/2020 04:29 PM

What can we do to STOP the Democrats from changing the way we vote to massive mail in?
    I propose curbside voting or at the heart turning in ballots in person curbside for oneself !!

• Pam Crispell

09/08/2020 04:18 PM

Governor, I ran across this article online which was written by Miranda Devine in the New York Times. It is very similar to the article you have posted. I just was curious if you had seen this one and how much credence should be given to this plot and what, if anything, can be done to stop it or at least let them(the Democrats) know we are on to it. This is really disturbing. Click on the link below to see the article.

Regards,
    Pam (a closet Republican)

• ken moore

09/08/2020 04:12 PM

Biden conceding is not necessary numbers tell the story
    close the southern border

• Denise Moses

09/08/2020 04:09 PM

What platform/social media will the Republicans communicate?
    We need a united place to communicate!

• Rosemarie Kaupp

09/08/2020 03:21 PM

Either way, there will be riots after the election. If Trump wins, cities will no doubt burn all over America like you have never seen. And I believe he will win in an in person voting landslide he is that loved barring some unforeseen catastrophe. Should Biden win, I think there will still be demonstrations by pro-Trump supporters who will suspect fraud and who are not going to take it anymore. And the rowdy Biden supporters will yet use this as another excuse to loot and burn and exercise their usual lawlessness and hatred for America and love of chaos.

• Sylvia Williams

09/08/2020 03:19 PM

Your must-read and other articles you linked to are absolutely scary. I hope you will use your influence on the President to prepare for anything and everything that will happen when he gets elected. The democrats will stop at nothing to regain power. Praying!

• Marcia Ribordy

09/08/2020 03:10 PM

I agree!

• Betty

09/08/2020 03:08 PM

This is a separate comment..have voters check their status before election day! Why? Because some long time voters in our county that have voted for years did that..and found their names where no longer on the voter registration list..I can only guess party affiliation

• William Kintner

09/08/2020 03:07 PM

You always give timely and pertinent news. THANK YOU! Would you please consider doubling the font size of your email letter. The small font print is hard for some of us seniors to read. Thanks.

--- H. L. Mencken

And, of course, it will be all Trump’s fault.

• Christina G

09/08/2020 08:11 PM

Hello Governor,

• Carl T Smith

09/08/2020 08:03 PM

• Debra Crase

09/08/2020 07:44 PM

• Judith Horan

09/08/2020 07:40 PM

• Terry Stephan

09/08/2020 07:40 PM

Dear Governor,

• Linda Baese

09/08/2020 07:13 PM

They need to be arrested for treason immediately! No more nice guy crap!

• Ernest John Kizer

09/08/2020 06:55 PM

• James Covey

09/08/2020 06:38 PM

I thanked them each for their service and wished them a happy holiday!

• Robert

09/08/2020 05:20 PM

• James Forsythe

09/08/2020 05:06 PM

• Joan Mangum

09/08/2020 05:04 PM

All this is so terrifying. After this summer of violence
    As a Christian I am PRAYING.

If I weren't

• Robert Godfrey

09/08/2020 04:50 PM

• Lena Estep Gipson

09/08/2020 04:29 PM

• Pam Crispell

09/08/2020 04:18 PM

Regards,
    Pam (a closet Republican)

• ken moore

09/08/2020 04:12 PM

Biden conceding is not necessary numbers tell the story
    close the southern border

• Denise Moses

09/08/2020 04:09 PM

What platform/social media will the Republicans communicate?
    We need a united place to communicate!

• Rosemarie Kaupp

09/08/2020 03:21 PM

• Sylvia Williams

09/08/2020 03:19 PM

• Marcia Ribordy

09/08/2020 03:10 PM

I agree!

• Betty

09/08/2020 03:08 PM

• William Kintner

09/08/2020 03:07 PM

--- H. L. Mencken

And, of course, it will be all Trump’s fault.

• Christina G

09/08/2020 08:11 PM

Hello Governor,

• Carl T Smith

09/08/2020 08:03 PM

• Debra Crase

09/08/2020 07:44 PM

• Judith Horan

09/08/2020 07:40 PM

• Terry Stephan

09/08/2020 07:40 PM

Dear Governor,

• Linda Baese

09/08/2020 07:13 PM

They need to be arrested for treason immediately! No more nice guy crap!

• Ernest John Kizer

09/08/2020 06:55 PM

• James Covey

09/08/2020 06:38 PM

I thanked them each for their service and wished them a happy holiday!

• Robert

09/08/2020 05:20 PM

• James Forsythe

09/08/2020 05:06 PM

• Joan Mangum

09/08/2020 05:04 PM

All this is so terrifying. After this summer of violence
    As a Christian I am PRAYING.

If I weren't

• Robert Godfrey

09/08/2020 04:50 PM

• Lena Estep Gipson

09/08/2020 04:29 PM

• Pam Crispell

09/08/2020 04:18 PM

Regards,
    Pam (a closet Republican)

• ken moore

09/08/2020 04:12 PM

Biden conceding is not necessary numbers tell the story
    close the southern border

• Denise Moses

09/08/2020 04:09 PM

What platform/social media will the Republicans communicate?
    We need a united place to communicate!

• Rosemarie Kaupp