May 30, 2019

I said in my first-take on Robert Mueller’s appalling public statement that I was not a legal expert, so it was just my research on this subject and my experience in dealing with ruthless political hacks that led me to conclude it was a shameless and desperate attempt to throw red meat to the impeachment-crazed Democrats on his way out the door and muddy the waters to take the focus off the corruption in his own agency.

Well, as expected, Jerry Nadler and other Democrats scurried straight to the nearest TV cameras to rail about this new proof of Trump’s many (but still unnamed) “crimes.” They conveniently ignored the comments already appearing from people who do have legal and prosecutorial backgrounds, slamming Mueller’s last minute Hail Mary bomb throw.

There are many such articles appearing, and I’ll point to more later, but for now, let's start with Sean Davis’ piece at the Federalist.  He lays out the myriad ways in which Mueller’s statement violated both laws of conduct for prosecutors and his own agency’s regulations, contradicted his own report, and turned the basic American right of presumption of innocence on its head.  In case you think he’s just being a Trump partisan, he describes Mueller as having become a Mini-Me clone of James Comey, who pulled the same unethical abuse of power on Hillary Clinton by declining to prosecute while still leaving a big cloud of suspicion over her head.

You see, in America, it's not up to the target of an investigation to prove that he or she did not commit a crime, nor is it the place of a prosecutor to publicly imply that someone should have been charged with a crime even though the investigation unearthed no evidence.  Presumption of innocence means that if the investigator can't find enough evidence to take to a grand jury, get an indictment and convince a jury to convict, then he folds his tent, shuts up and goes away, and that person is considered innocent.  The prosecutor doesn't call a press conference to declare that person is "probably guilty, but we just couldn't quite prove it" or "would've been found guilty if only I had brought charges."

Davis' conclusion: "Mueller’s performance made it clear for all to see that what he ran for the last two years wasn’t an independent investigation pursuant to the rule of law so much as an inquisition motivated by political animus."  And - oh goody! - now it will be probably used as the basis of impeachment hearings in the House that are exactly the same thing.

Davis also includes comments from former FBI supervisors and federal prosecutors who immediately began flooding him with outraged calls and emails.  One ex-prosecutor said that if he had ever pulled anything like what Mueller just did, he would have been “crucified.”

Read the full piece at the link below and brace yourself.  The impeachment-mad Democrats think they’ve tasted blood and are howling for more.  They’ve yet to realize that if they give in to their ugly partisan impulses, the political bleeding they cause will be their own.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• joe Wilkerson

05/30/2019 03:54 PM

It's just like Trump said, "Mueller is a true Trump hater" and believe me if he could have fastened his teeth on something he would have not only because he is a Trump hater, but it would have given him and his cohorts on his team a life time job. The dems wanted nothing more than to put Trump in jail. By the way, I have never seen hate like Nadler has for Trump. I know it must keep him up at night. He has a vendetta to hurt Trump. The dems will never give up on hurting Trump even after he ceases to be president. I have come to the conclusion that it's not about Trump, but about power and Trump merely stands in the way of them achieving it.

• James Howard

05/30/2019 03:51 PM

Gov. Huckabee, I read your commentary every day with both interest and hope. I rely on you to see behind the veil used by the media in their editing rooms and I hope that your voice of reason is more prevalent. RE this story, presumption of innocence means that "if the investigator can't find enough evidence to take to a grand jury, get an indictment and convince a jury to convict, then he folds his tent, shuts up and goes away, and that person is considered innocent." In Comey's FBI, this meant obstruction of justice, and a chargeable crime, a ploy he apparently built his career on. Perhaps their is a book out there that delves more fully into this broad statement.

• Patricia A. Miller

05/30/2019 03:51 PM

I think has been corrupt for a long time. He was so cowardly that he waited until Attorney General Barr was out of town to betray him and all Americans. I wouldn't be surprised if he skipped out of the country just to avoid being forced to go before the house republicans,

• Cheryl L Jones

05/30/2019 03:36 PM

Thank you!!! I am a registered Democrat who has become disgusted with my party. I don’t even like Donald Trump but he is gaining my support...

• Cheryl L Jones

05/30/2019 03:36 PM

• Eleanor Early

05/30/2019 03:30 PM

I believe that Mueller is just another Pontius Pilate who said “ he found nothing that suggest Trump was in collusion with the Russians,” & he’s washing his hands clean of the report, but suggesting Congress to turn out Barabas, & we know full well who this criminal/s are!

• Patricia McMahon

05/30/2019 03:24 PM

This is such a mess. If you saw the Ingraham Angle last night, Laura had a visual panel
    with pictures of Colmey and Mueller. The pictures showed Mueller's face morphing into Colmey's face. It was an excellent prop; showing a visual of the situation. Just when I think the Witch Hunt into President Trump was done; some one throws a hail Mary hand grenade. When will they let this die. I know this will go on and on - until the Investigations into HOW all this "RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA!!" started is released. I just thought Mueller was done-gone. Sigh... I do wonder if anyone is going to be charged, then tried for their crimes.
    Since Schiff, D-CA, fervently told us all he had SEEN evidence that "Trump is guilty! He's going to jail." Is there anything he can be charged with? He LIED. I guess congressmen don't have to be responsible for their actions and words.
    Gov. Mike - how long do you think it'll take for the DA in Conn. to investigate this hot mess? I'm sick and tired of the witch hunt. However, I'm looking forward to seeing the Witch Hunters getting their just desserts. When you INTENTIALLY cause harm to some one and his family...it's better to receive your punishment here vs facing judgement in Heaven.

When the DA in Conn. is done investigating, charges presented, trials held, and judgements delivered; do you think the Elite Dems will admit their mistakes? Nah, probably not.

• Pastor Lisa Carlson

05/30/2019 03:19 PM

I was absolutely appalled at his statement. He was way out of line. He's out to get Trump. But no matter how hard he tries, Trump will prevail.

• Ellie Early

05/30/2019 03:18 PM

I think Mueller is another Pontchis Pilate as he says he’s found no guilt but let the Congress run with statement & turn Barabas (sp?) loose & we know who these real criminals are! I think the American people as a whole know what their game is.

• robert hicks

05/30/2019 02:53 PM

When I heard Nadlers comments after the Mueller statement, I felt like I was hearing a statement that was prepared at least two years ago and was what the Dems "hoped " the Mueller probe would find.

• Bob Conrad

05/30/2019 02:41 PM

Sad day when we see injustices continue by the derp state operators and sycophants..God protect our President!!

• Laurie Woodson

05/30/2019 02:36 PM

One statement that struck me was when Mueller stated that although it was the DOJ’s policy not to charge sitting presidents, investigations must be done while memories are fresh and documents are available for the possibility of charging co-conspirators. If in fact a crime was committed, certainly Trump was not operating independently. Where are the charges against his co-conspirators? Is it possible the fact no one has been charged indicates no crime was committed by Trump and/or his campaign/White House team?

One additional point, if a team of Anti-Trump investigators can spend two years looking under every rock he ever touched and couldn’t find compelling evidence of a crime, I think one must at least consider that there is nothing to discover because no criminal wrong-doing occurred.

• Carol Kloberdanz

05/30/2019 02:36 PM

Mr. Mueller is a political hack and a spineless coward! May he ask God to forgive him and his ruthless heart!

He knows exactly what he’s done! He will be held responsible for the potential of a civil war here in the USA and the first to go will be these devil-lead communists! We need to run these people out of Washington and bring sanity and common sense back to the government. Seriously, these people aren’t even acting human. They are revealing their true feelings for the people of this country. They have all been involved in a coup. They all need to be in prison or stand before a firing squad for treason. They are all guilty! How else could they have been mentioning the word “impeachment “ even before our President took office! I felt in my heart of hearts they were all involved. Now they’re trying to take take him out office! And for what? Because they’re trying to “get him before he gets them!!” They are working very hard to destroy this country! For most of them, it’s almost all about Israel. Well, it’s about him showing them just how things should be done in Washington! He is actually getting things done! Unlike those other corrupt politicians living in the people’s house. I have always wondered why things never got done in Washington. Year after year. One President after another. Never seeming to get anything done. I pray God intervenes and puts a stop to all of these corrupt, egregious, vile politicians! Praying for my President and this country. May God have mercy on us.???????????????????

• Marie Simmons

05/30/2019 02:35 PM

I cannot believe these despicable political men and women who are ruining our country. I thank my God that I am where I am in my life, 84 years old. My heart grieves for my children and my grandchildren.
    There is nothing wrong with country but politicians have created. They all look and act like rulers shame and disgrace on them. Seems the only thing that will clean up this mess is that God shows His Hand.
    and they know how evil they are but men and women have been this evil before!

• Wynnie Sleziak

05/30/2019 01:35 PM

At first I thought he might have been "bought" by the Dems but now am wondering if he didn't say what they wanted he might have to commit "suicide " like some others supposedly did.....hmmm...
    Love you, Mike Huckabee!!!! You are the best!

• Charles Alexander

05/30/2019 01:23 PM

Do you truly believe the garbage you are regurgitating? Barr’s duty, according to his own department guidelines, was to receive Mueller’s report and deliver it to Congress. It was not his prerogative to issue an opinion for or against. Just like Mueller explained, it is up to Congress to perform that function after they complete their own investigation which Mueller’s report would be a part of. It is Barr’s action that should be scrutinized for possible censure or impeachment.

• Daniel Alvies

05/30/2019 01:01 PM

Where 59% of the people want money from those that work. I think those that work should have a higher say, more vote by how much they make. If this is left to stand the non workers or free loaders will make this great county into South America type wreak.

Daniel Alvies. What we need above all else is this county Come back to God. Believe in Jesus as savior.

• Leonard Bagdol

05/30/2019 12:21 PM

I have read the report that Muller put out, knew before hand the outcome of said investigation I am so sorry of them from the past from the Bushes down to MR TRUMP, we must get rid of them who are allowing this invasion and that is the reason they want our PRESIDENT GONE, he must be on his toes and I AM sure he has street smarts for when you are dealing with the whores in our government you must deal in different ways with them. thank you.

• Elizabeth Becker

05/30/2019 12:18 PM

I've been hearing "impeachment" for almost two years... but not one democrat has given me their reason for impeachment.
    Governor, what is their reason? I'd like to know... the American people would like to know. What crimes has President Trump committed?
    My husband says... it's just politics. But they spread their impeachment cries all over the media and people with no information believe it all.
    It's getting to be so tiresome to hear them every day, every day, criticisizing Trump and not one word against their dear Hillary.
    Thanks for your time. Elizabeth Becker (82 this year.... loved the America I grew up in)

• randy becker

05/30/2019 12:17 PM

Hi,
    Outside of the Swamp in DC, The crazy Hollywood crowd and some media based New Yorkers. No one in America cares about this bullshit. There are floods, border & health care issues and JOBS! Move on we all did.
    Thanks for listening.

• Victor R Van Tress

05/30/2019 12:02 PM

I'm no lawyer either but can one obstruct without a crime? And can one be impeached without high crimes and/or treason?

• rodney burke

05/30/2019 11:49 AM

I think the comments of Mueller told us exactly what a pathetic man he is. Rush was Apopletic and he and you should be. Mueller lied yet again. He doesn't know what his job was and he obviously holds all principle of our justice system in utter contempt. I pray there is a cell awaiting him at GITMO and an execution date for treason and other crimes. What has this country come to? Yes Joe De Genova, I ask the same question. Blind hatred has caused people on the left to go crazy. Bob Mueller has no shame, no decency, no manly courage at all. He's Nathan Hale and Joseph Stalin combined. Yesterday proved he is NOT a man of integrity but a man like Comey Page and Strozk, to be a man of complete dishonor. Nadler and schiff? There are no words strong enough for them. They and the entire congressional delegation from NY (D) should be in jail in NV. Add the senate to that.

It's time to quit TALKING about GITMO and tribunals and DO it! There needs to be some empty seats, homes without husbands, brothers and fathers. There needs to be some news reels of people being loaded into that barge we hear about and newsreels of arrivals at GITMO. We have a disease in this country and it's called communism. The only sure is eradication. It's past time to send the message loud and clear: "There will no longer be a two-tier justice system in the USA!" Treason, sedition and violations of the Logan act will NOT be tolerated. The rats have revealed themselves, time to TREAT them like rat. Dirty, diseased rats!

• Joe Analco

05/30/2019 11:27 AM

I wonder how many in the Senate and Congress, would like the honest media attention, of evidence regarding their involvement into this hoax against a sitting president, and are suspected of criminal activity. I truly believe they would show their true character if public outcry insisted on their prosecution. I personally believe Mueller investigation was not a fact-findingf for evidence of misconduct but another level of this injustice to cloud or destroy the truth and protect the criminals.

• Annita Bilger

05/30/2019 11:26 AM

When I first saw him I felt He was a evil person. The more I see his actions, & learn about what laws he willing to change to suit his agenda to hurt someone & completely destroy their Life is beyond me how he even got this far in his life without someone putting it to him to return the favor. God Forbid He should Go To Jail.

• Sue Lilley

05/30/2019 11:22 AM

Mueller just showed yesterday with his statement that he was totally working on the Democrats side and not acting an an independent counsel seeking the truth. To me as an American citizen i find that our justice system is totally corrupt. If he thought all this why didn't he say it on his report. No he felt pressure I believe from the Democrats or else receive monetary payment for saying this. He just iost all credibility as far as I am concerned. What a shame at the end of his career.

May 30, 2019

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• joe Wilkerson

• Laurie Woodson

05/30/2019 02:36 PM

• Carol Kloberdanz

05/30/2019 02:36 PM

• Marie Simmons

05/30/2019 02:35 PM

and they know how evil they are but men and women have been this evil before!

• Wynnie Sleziak

05/30/2019 01:35 PM

Love you, Mike Huckabee!!!! You are the best!

• Charles Alexander