February 15, 2018

Trump Derangement Syndrome has become such a pervasive malady that it may be time to add it to the DSN (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders). There is seemingly nothing that President Trump says or does that doesn’t send TDS sufferers into spasms of foul-mouthed fury, from cutting taxes to lowering unemployment to praising the troops. Latest case in point: what seems to be a fairly brilliant innovation for the food stamp program.

The White House just unveiled a proposal based on popular “cook-at-home” services such as Blue Apron. People on supplemental food aid could enroll in the program and instead of getting all their benefits in the form of a debit-like card that lets them buy food, they would receive regular shipments of food direct to their doors. The boxes would include staples such as pasta, juice, canned goods, cereal and peanut butter.

This innovation would eliminate a number of problems with the food stamp program. It would help cut fraud by people who use their EBT cards for things other than food. It would reduce costs both to consumers (the government could get the food wholesale rather than individuals having to buy it retail) and to taxpayers (it’s estimated that it would save $129 billion over a decade.) It would help create jobs for American farmers and food producers.

It would even solve problems liberals have long complained about, by helping eliminate “food deserts” (the alleged lack of stores selling healthy food in urban areas) and obesity among the poor (by sending healthy food direct to their homes instead of having them buy fattening processed foods (remember the whole Michelle Obama school lunch kerfuffle?) It would help working single parents by saving them shopping time. We know it could work because the government already directly provides food to students and seniors. And it wouldn’t eliminate choice, since part of the benefits would still come on an EBT card; it would just replace some of them with convenient deliveries of healthy staples.

This proposal is such a win-win-win-win, it’s hard to believe nobody’s suggested it before now. So what’s not to love? Only one thing: it was suggested by (cue the scary music) the Trump Administration!

The proposal was immediately attacked from the left as a “risky scheme” (trademark registered) that would “threaten families’ ability to put food on the table” (how, considering it would literally deliver food right to their front doors, which I have to assume are fairly close to their tables?) Like cutting our taxes, delivering healthy food directly to the poor is somehow going to make people DIE!!

As an experiment sometime to find out just how pernicious the effects of TDS are, the Trump White House should announce that it’s arranged for magical unicorns to fly over America, pooping out $20 bills, just to see how many liberals will run to the CNN cameras to declare that it’s a horrible thing that will kill us all.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW. I READ THEM!

• Emily Faircloth

02/16/2018 03:21 PM

I actually REALLY love this idea! This has the potential to be so great for so many people, it's hard to understand how anyone would be opposed to it. Saves taxpayers money: check. Provides healthy foods to families in need: check. Promotes job growth: check. Families still have partial benefits on an EBT card: check. This is brilliant! Win-win-win for American citizens, once again proving that POTUS is for WE THE PEOPLE!!!!

• Kathy Hopkins

02/16/2018 03:19 PM

I think it's a great idea and a workable solution toward ensuring that Americans have food on their table. This may eliminate the more popular choices by decreasing the amount of ready-made foods available. Decrease of choice will be one of the chief complaints, I'm betting. Many will have to actually learn to cook! I believe that will be another complaint. It does take time to plan and prepare a meal. Tired single parents who work will miss the ready-made, microwave in a minute meals? How many on food stamps or EBT do actually work?
    I believe that this program should be extended summarily to all military families below the rank of E-5 as well. I will never forget being denied food stamps as a young military family in 1978. Families all aroun dus were on Welfare, always had food, and heat (when our oil was gone, we just had to wait until payday!) and air conditioners running with doors and windows open all the time! We were living below the poverty line, in a low cost of living state as well. We had enough money budgeted for a certain dollar figure of oil, electric, and water each month. The rent had to be paid. We had a 5 month-baby who was supposed to have formula, if I could afford it. If not, she got milk. That left $36.00 leftover to buy meals for my husband and myself for a month. We lived for 2 years on 2 peanut butter sandwiches a day, except Wednesdays, we had spaghetti. We worked and earned everything we did own. Now for the kicker: We were denied food stamps because we were paying our bills. First! Well, we had to! It's punishable under the UCMJ to fall behind on bills and that would have meant disciplinary action and fines! Therefore, we were penalized for being the responsible Americans -in the service of our country- that these programs were instituted to aid.
    Sitting in the office waiting for our applications to be reviewed, my neighbor and I heard how these others were working the system and had for generations. It was their family business. It was intended to help families during the Depression who needed temporary help and also for families of and for former slaves who really didn't have anything. Their $40.00 and a mule never appeared. We did let them down, and that debt has long since been paid, but the Family Businesses continue to thrive and are so systemic that there is no longer any racial overtone. Abuse and fraud encompasses all of our society.
    This fraud has to stop. We need to go back to the original intentions of these programs. These are good programs, and necessary; however, they were meant to be temporary assistance. They should be made temporary again, and the monies paid for housing, welfare, and other so-called entitlements should be given with the understanding that they are, like unemployment, a finite term, and with the understanding that it must be repaid, like a loan, even if only on a sliding scale for a minimum percentage of the debt to the Government.

• Betty Funk

02/16/2018 03:08 PM

Why do we have to spoon feed people by providing table ready food? People need to learn how to prepare their own meals from staples provided them. There is usually someone in the family who could do that. The main problem with many people is that they are lazy and expect every thing handed to them. They need to be educated to make their own meals. Children can help with some of those chores instead of playing video games and playing on their cell phones.
    Debit cards allows non-essential things such as alchol, carbonated drinks and junk foods. We, who are taxpayers often cannot afford to purchase those items ourselves. Tired of paying unnecessary taxes.

• Royal Copeland

02/16/2018 03:06 PM

They not only miss use the EBT cards, but I have had them come up to me in the parking lot of the supermarket and try to sell them. And anybody signed up for food stamps should be e-verified to make sure they're not illegals.

• Tina Addison

02/16/2018 02:54 PM

I typically agree with Trump. While I agree there are issues within the food stamp program with fraud and such I do not believe sending food to the recipients is the answer. Some people and children have dietary restrictions and allergies. It shouldn't be up to government to choose the diet for people just because they are in need. Instead crack down on the fraud by asking for identification of card user and prosecute businesses and people attempting fraud with 0 tolerance. It's ridiculous to say a mother or father cannot buy cookies or a cake for children. It really is not any business of government or anyone to restrict the foods that are purchased.

• Sherry Garcia

02/16/2018 02:52 PM

I dont understand some of it. Who chooses what food gets delivered and how is the food delivered?

• debbie graham

02/16/2018 02:42 PM

LOL...you are so funny.....I loved your comment. this actually sounds like a good plan and will benefit the
    poor because they will be getting healthy food instead of processed food. fresh veggies, fresh meat,....
    I wonder how this works for cleaning products, toilet paper, paper towels? Maybe they can use the EBT
    card for those things. Hopefully they won't complain because they don't know how to cook...it wouldn't
    surprise me.

• Kathryn Caputo

02/16/2018 02:38 PM

Wonderful idea. It would help it many ways. Children and adults benefit with the receipt of good, healthy food. Americans benefit from less fraud with EBT cards. President Trump was blessed with a brain that sees a problem and has the ability to conjure a viable solution.

• Leonard Lugo

02/16/2018 02:37 PM

Be fine! The freeloaders, lazy,etc won't like it!??

• Deborah

02/16/2018 02:31 PM

I think it's a great idea. That's what he government used to do, only it was called commodities. A lot of people were ashamed to get them (Not like food stamps). I used to work in retail. We could always tell who had food stamps and who did not. The ones with food stamps would have buggies piled high with name brand items and the best cuts of meat. I have seen customers come in buying food for a birthday party. They would usually spend over $100 with food stamps. My husband and myself we're both working and we couldn't afford to do that. Then again, I have been asked if I wanted to buy food stamps at 50 cents on the dollar so they could buy drugs. I didn't do it but there were a lot of people that did. I know that a lot of people abuse the system. Maybe this would stop some of that.

• Patricia A. McMahon

02/16/2018 02:25 PM

Fantastic Idea! Boy, the elite liberals with TDS must have their hair on fire! Hope this goes through.
    Wonder what Nancy Pelosi will say? The bonuses were crumbs...hmm...real food delivered to the door of the needy... This ought to be very interesting :). I'm a very satisfied Deplorable who just loves
    crumbs.

• Paula Gardner

02/16/2018 02:17 PM

I've only got 1 word for this - BRILLIANT!!!!!

• Debra Stahl Morales

02/16/2018 02:16 PM

It’s absolutely genius! I love it and yes totally eliminates the fraud. And the recovery in ten years omg. Go for it! They won’t be able to claim 10-20 cards any longer it’s for Food nothing else. Do it.

• Barbara Raley

02/16/2018 02:15 PM

We LOVE you Reverend Huckabee. Your tongue-in-cheek style is refreshing and most delightful to read!!! Thank you! BTW, GOD is with our POTUS, surrounding himself with many counselors, and we know the rest of the story, being victorious already. The enemy HAS been defeated and now we look forward to the JOY set before us!

• Winnie Witt

02/16/2018 02:07 PM

Wonderful idea....A God given idea, if it was given by the Trump admin....I pray each day for God to give our President Trump the wisdom he needs to run this country, and to do what needs to be done to get rid of the "ENEMIES" in the administration, including the ones in the democratic and the republican congress, AND the Mainstream media....TOO MANY PEOPLE in this country DO NOT KNOW what is really happening...People turn on their LOCAL news channels to hear the local news and they also get the FAKE news and nothing else...
    Please people, PRAY for something to be done so people can hear the truth when they turn on their TV....

• Doug Saball

02/16/2018 01:55 PM

President Trump announced Monday, low-income Americans who receive at least $90 a month — just over 80 percent of all SNAP recipients — would get about half of their benefits in the form of a "USDA Foods package." The package was described in the budget as consisting of "shelf-stable milk, ready to eat cereals, pasta, peanut butter, beans and canned fruit and vegetables." The boxes would not include fresh fruits or vegetables.

This does not address individuals with special dietary needs. I can not eat any of these items except the shelf stable milk. Last December I had gastric bypass surgery. This was suggested by my PCP for me to continue to live. I have severe complications from diabetes and have been hospitalized 5 times since August 2016.

Social Security had determined that I am 100% disabled but due to my years of DEP and Federal employment I did not make enough quarters to get SSD. I am receiving Supplemental Security Income of $750 per month. This is about 1/3 of my living expenses. If it were not for others paying my electric bill and being on a Medical Moratorium for my USDA home loan ($1,000/mo) I would be on the streets.

• DEBRA EVANS

02/16/2018 01:53 PM

Sounds like a great idea as long as the food that is delivered isn't like the junk food most food banks offer. White bread, mac and cheese, donuts etc. Maybe you could hook up with Co-Op local farms that deliver food. I'm basically for it.

• Nancy Pajunen

02/16/2018 01:50 PM

Ingenious. May be a problem for grocery stores seeing their sales going down. Or no one being home when the food is delivered. In northern MN there is a food distribution where people can get large boxes of cheese and other items - and these people aren't always needy. Drain the swamp, Mr. President. And thank you, Mr. Huckabee, for your insightful comments and sharing them with us.

• Karen McKee

02/16/2018 01:45 PM

YES!! This idea can be tweaked a little. Those with food "concerns" re: autism, allergies, blood preasure, cholesterol, diabetes, etc. could fill out special needs applications for special needs boxes. While the program may not be crime proof per se, it could help more than harm those who truly need it. The able bodied "poor" could actually be employed to fill & deliver these boxes in their communities. Those who are complaining lead me to believe they may be the ones abusing & enabling the abuse of the system. Let's work to IMPROVE the idea instead of squashing it. Other "hand out gov't programs", Medicaid, Welfare, etc. could benefit from similar brainstorming ideas. All of them should require drug testing IMO.

• Holly Romer

02/16/2018 01:37 PM

Of course this makes way too much sense for the lunatic left and their accomplices in the media.
    P.S. You must be very proud of your daughter. She is nailing it in those daily briefings.....Love it!!

• Kathy Nogle

02/16/2018 01:32 PM

This is how senior citizens used to get food subsidies and may still get that way. And the food wasn't as good as the President is suggesting but at least they got help.

• Jeanne Osterhout

02/16/2018 01:31 PM

While I agree this is better than the current system, after years working as a volunteer in church supported food pantries, this just addresses some of the problems. There is an entire culture of multigenerational families who have relied on such programs all their lives. My experience is many are not interested in changing their diets for the better, are not willing to learn how to cook, are not willing to learn to shop wisely. To be more successful, an incentive to learn and make better choices must also be in place. I recall growing up in rural PA farm. There was always plenty to eat of good healthy food. House rules said you ate what was put before you - like it or not. It seems reasonable to me that if taxpayers are paying for the groceries, the same rules apply - you eat what is provided. If you don’t like that buy your own groceries with money you earned at a job.
    As a home health nurse, I saw many seniors receiving Meals on Wheels not particularly liking the fare, but eating it with gratitude- some because that was their only meal of the day. Compassion without accountability is too often a hand out and enabling of poor choices rather than a hand up. I pray for wise decisions for these difficult situations.

• Lynn Broesch

02/16/2018 01:30 PM

Dear Governor,
    I hope President Trump reads your articles because the way you put things in perspective and your sense of humor doing so, would be a great boost for him after having to deal with so many loony tunes day in and day out! Thank you!

• Shirley Hudgens

02/16/2018 01:29 PM

I do find a problem with this, what about toilet paper, tooth paste, paper towels necessary products needed in every home. Laundry soap
    bleach, cling free. over the counter medications, baby aspirins, tylenol.

• patricia rentz

02/16/2018 01:24 PM

It would be a disaster-considering all the different diets people are on, it would be impossible to get everybodies right. Example- heart, high carb, low carb, veggie, vegan, there are alot more. I get food stamps of $75 a month, which is not alot, so i have to be careful how i spent it and know what i spent it on. They need to quit letting people get cash off the card and that would make a difference. They need to get just food, like i do. It doesn't do any good to give people certain food if they are not going to eat it. For example, if they were to give me a box worth half of my food stamps, say $35, that would leave me only $40 for stuff like milk, meat, tea. oil. it won't go very far.

• Greta Esplin

02/16/2018 01:23 PM

I think it's an EXCELLENT idea! Less fraud and healthy benefits!??

• Clay Beiser

02/16/2018 01:14 PM

A great idea! However, a lot of people do take advantage of local food banks. Either way, people get to eat.

• Ginger Lyons

02/16/2018 01:14 PM

So, if its tried and doesn't have the positive results it appears to generate, then go back to the old way. I like the idea and think it should be done. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Tim Warga

02/16/2018 01:13 PM

Great idea but, it needs to include paper goods ie : t.p., tissues, diapers (where applicable), napkins. And things like vitamins.
    It should really push the small farmer.

• Worda Lovett

02/16/2018 01:12 PM

I think it is a great idea,it will cut down on a lot of junk food buying with the EBT card,it makes me so angry to go and do my shopping and see a cart in front on me with,steak,shrimp,crab legs and all kinds of cokes,cookies,ice cream,chips and I can only afford to buy what I need,it is about time something was done about this,if they want that kind of things then make them work for it.

• Patricia Jose

02/16/2018 01:08 PM

I think it is a great idea, the family prepares the food together and eats healthy foods instead of junk! Some people don"t know how to shop or cook healthy this would teach them! iIt would also eliminate dishonest people from selling the cards and using the money for ciggeretes and pop and drugs and alcohol!

• Rosalie Gilliland

02/16/2018 01:05 PM

Of course the Democrats are against this reasonable plan. What else would you expect from the same people who cried Trump's tax reform plan would result in apocalyptic catastrophe? When it comes to over-the-top insanity we know who we can always count on.

• pennie wicklund

02/16/2018 01:00 PM

years ago when my dad was hurt in a logging accident we lived on what then was commodities Cornmeal Flour rice canned meat and dry milk and yes peanut butter which we'd never had before. This was sent or picked up from county level. We lived very well and learned from recipes which were included. My mom and dad made cornmeal pancakes cornmeal hot cereal and cornbread with syrup. There were 5 kids and we never were hungry this is THE SMARTEST IDEA THAT SOMEONE HAS COME UP WITH.

• Ann Bruce de Pineda

02/16/2018 12:55 PM

I read that sweetened beverages, including soft drinks, have been allowed since 2008, and account for the largest expenditure by those who have food stamps. I think processed white sugar and corn syrup are almost as addictive and harmful as drugs. In my opinion, neither sweetened beverages, bagged snacks, cookies, candy, nor even sweetened cereal should be allowed. Not even the canned goods should contain sugar. Include quinoa, steel cut oats, red and black beans, lentils, brown rice, nuts, and seeds to plant their own avocado plants, bell pepper, tomato plants, etc. Cereal can be sweetened some with the milk, cinnamon and a little apple or banana. Hire the young woman who, according to CNN, cured her dad's diabetes II by cooking with vegetables. Take students from the inner city on field trips to farms where they can take their bags and buy fresh produce.

• Judy Mark

02/16/2018 12:45 PM

Sounds good in theory but I knew a poor family who received food boxes that included big jars of honey and some other things (like beans) that they couldn't use.

• Judy Weaver

02/16/2018 12:45 PM

Ditto everything Goodale Pamela said.

• Lisa Roloff

02/16/2018 12:43 PM

This is NOT a good idea at all! I use Link. I am full time care giver to my 87 yr old Marine Vet father. I am extremely careful with my purchases, cook from scratch on everything and haven't purchased anything in cans or frozen since I got on the program. We don't eat pasta, the preservatives and additives in pre packaged stuff are not good for my father. I saw the stuff shown in a graphic of an example box and I wouldn't allow that in my kitchen. I do far better with careful shopping and watching sales and freezing and canning things myself. Yes pasta fills your tummy, but at what cost? It causes weight increase, carbs lead to other health issues like diabetes, this is not a solution! The stuff I saw listed is NOT what I would call healthy. Not what any seriously health conscious person would call healthy! Have any of you people that are praising this proposed change ever been on Link? Seriously? Ask those of us that use it and we will happily tell you! This is NOT a solution!

• FRank Novak

02/16/2018 12:41 PM

Years ago when I lived in Arkansas the people who would now be getting EBT cards were getting commodities on a monthly basis which included dried beans, flour, dried milk, canned meat, peanut butter, and even government cheese which was cheese purchased by the government to help keep the dairy producers and cheese manufactures in business . I was just a kid at that timed my parents made to much ( dad made $180.00 per month before taxes) to be able the able to receive them but I knew several families that did, Don't know what happened to them but I think that it would be a better use of our money because people would be getting food rather than the cards that can be traded for drugs alcohol or almost any thing.

• Debbie Bookout

02/16/2018 12:40 PM

I think this is a good idea, if the family has some choice of the foods that are sent. Not everyone likes the same foods. Some has allergies to some foods. They should have an 1-800 number to call with a list of meals to choose from and how many they are feeding so enough is shipped for a week at a time. Each night they could prepare a healthy meal and have a healthy breakfast each morning before school and work. Pres. Trump is not a stupid or insane man. He’s smart or he wouldn’t have gotten where he was before he became president!! Personally, I think the idea is great with a little tweaking!!!!

• Jeanne Gardner

02/16/2018 12:40 PM

At first glance, this strikes me as a great idea. It saves the government/American people money. It puts food in the homes of the poor. That's what we want . . . well, it's part of what we want. It also puts the government in my pantry deciding what is "healthy" for me to eat. It robs my dignity. Even if I'm poor financially, I'm not in need of anyone telling me what I like to eat, or what's good for me when it comes to food. You mentioned cereal, pasta, canned goods. That sounds like the usual American diet, the one that made me a type 2 diabetic. Cereal and pasta are death to me. That food is totally wasted at me house. I also have several allergies to deal with. Choosing food is rather complicated at my house, and I have been poor enough to be a food stamp recipient. I'm not right now, so I have a little more dignity at the grocery store, but I do remember what a pleasure it was back when we had food stamp coupon books, and I could hold them in my hand and know that at least some of my buying power could only pay for food. It was a good feeling. But then, my family really needed the food, and we didn't abuse the system. I generally like the idea of cutting costs in the food stamp program, but not at the expense of the individual freedom to choose. Another question, if a person opts out of the food delivery, does he have enough food stamp money to allow him to pay retail for the stuff he must purchase to replace the delivered stuff? I guess the devil is in the details. I'm sure people will find a way to abuse this delivery thing as well. They can always sell the delivered food and spend the money on drugs. And as for children needing "healthy" food in their homes . . . there's not much point in it if no one is cooking. Our little town had a lunch program in the park during the summer, not because the children didn't have food in their homes, but because no one was fixing lunch for them at home. People are not all the same, with all the same values, and skills, and energy for life. The struggles of the poor in America are often much more than the struggle of low income. Giving them more money does fix anything if the family is dysfunctional, if Dad's unemployed or absent or abusive. Oops . . . I guess there's a book to written here, but really, this is not the best solution to fixing SNAP in this country. It's a great start, though.

• Robin Quick

02/16/2018 12:40 PM

Excellent idea! Reminds me of what once was called commodities in rural Arkansas. Cheese, dried milk, cereal, rice, pasta was given out once a month at a church or other convenient location to those in need.
    Certainly will eliminate a lot of fraud.

• De Smith

02/16/2018 12:39 PM

Another possible benefit: could less cash or no cash = less drugs or no drugs?

• W Ann White

02/16/2018 12:36 PM

1. Great plan. I suggest that the recipients pick up their pre-packaged food from the distribution/ food center. This would eliminate the additional funding for home delivery. The recipients must go to the grocery/ food centers now so why set up an expensive complicated delivery service for them?

2. Re: Safety in Schools. Based on news reports, Israel has solved this very problem in their school system. My question: Why have we not been told how Israel solved this problem and we (the U.S.) follow their solution to protect our children? The school in Florida with 3000 students had one 'security guard'. My suggestion: It has been stated that "we do not want our schools to become jails". I suggest that with all the technology we have, why can't we have schools equipped with doors that after the students arrival in the a.m. the doors automatically lock to prevent any outside entry, but allows anyone inside the school to exit as needed. Leave one door, near the main entrance near the school office available for entry with the 'security guard' posted here that will get the individual's proof of identity and a valid reason for entering the school. This would deter many would be terrorists/ shooters from considering a school as a 'soft' target for their evil deed of killing innocent children. Our court systems have similar systems. Why not allow our children the same safety mechanism as our courts/ judges? The safety of our children should be number one priority at any cost.

3. FISA court. Never aware of such a court until recently. Why does America have a 'secret' court. This is the way of a Dictatorship country. The judge(s) is (are) appointed by Supreme Court Justice.. this becomes a political court at that time as the individual could use his political preference to appoint such a judge(s). The court does not allow anyone including our representatives in Washington to have access to the court's records to determine what was used to base the case on, how the outcome was decided (on what evidence), nor any information re. the case... this is totally Dictatorial.. giving the Judge(s) sole decision making and without any accountability to anyone. This ignores the Freedom of Information to all citizens of America even our representatives in Washington. This 'court' should be abolished!

• Winnifred s ross

02/16/2018 12:30 PM

I think it is a creative idea and I know for a fact that more food would get into the households than does now. Food stamps were supposed to be temporary help for those looking to do better. The EBT card was the worst thing ever. Fraud is rampant.

• Gary Drummond

02/16/2018 12:22 PM

Common Sense is so refreshing (after 8 years of none at all). This is a great idea, as long as the Clinton Foundation is not involved. Oops, Shepard Smith is sure not to like it....no way it can work.... another TDS idea. Why does he not move to msnbc, so he can roost with birds of a feather & flock together?

• cindy haase

02/16/2018 12:17 PM

This proposal has much merit. It makes sense, saves money, helps people. Precisely why it won't pass. Let me be clear...the Democrats are not for helping people just using them and this legislation would require the help of the Senate in order to pass which would make it more difficult. So how does the President intend to portray and market this so it passes?

• Tom Bennett

02/16/2018 12:17 PM

Simple Common Sense which to left LACKS.

• Grace Mckeown

02/16/2018 12:15 PM

I feel the food stamp program should continue as is! I know people that are on food stamps that cook and prepare very healthy meals and use them wisely. However, this terrible plan is a disappointment and would not allow people choice to buy their own food. THIS PLAN OF MR. TRUMP'S IS NOT A GOOD ONE OR VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT!

• Christina E

02/16/2018 12:14 PM

This is a great article! My only concern with the whole issue is that, in the wrong hands, the families (who actually need this program) would start getting the Worst foods delivered to their doors like a mysterious box of cream-colored powder and a block of "cheese" that leaves much to be desired.
    I know there is fraud in the system but I don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water...there are real [good] families who have fallen on hard times that really need this program, and I just want to make sure we don't forget that fact when we look at change, long term, if (God forbid) liberals regain control (please God, no).

• Dusty Hickey

02/16/2018 12:11 PM

What can be done to get people off food stamps. ? Yes, there are people who have to have this but able body. I know of a friend in Fla. her son works and his girlfriend have jobs but they go get food stamps they know how to do this? We give food stamps here in Georgia to the immigrants I have seen used in my stores? I have seen people use food stamps and buy popular well known expensive food items while I buy the store name items for years to save money raising 3 kids? How can they stretch their money if they buy these things unless they are abusing the system.? Say in LA area 40% are on welfare.? Yet there are jobs out here so why? Who is ck out these systems and their use? One couple I know in their 30 working and taking food stamps? Parents of the one are millionaires? I had a mother in law in Phila who would not get food stamps and she could per her income?

February 15, 2018

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW. I READ THEM!

• Emily Faircloth

02/16/2018 02:42 PM

surprise me.

• Kathryn Caputo

02/16/2018 02:38 PM

• Leonard Lugo

02/16/2018 02:37 PM

Be fine! The freeloaders, lazy,etc won't like it!??

• Deborah

02/16/2018 02:31 PM

• Patricia A. McMahon

02/16/2018 02:25 PM

crumbs.

• Paula Gardner

02/16/2018 02:17 PM

I've only got 1 word for this - BRILLIANT!!!!!

• Debra Stahl Morales

02/16/2018 01:31 PM

• Lynn Broesch

02/16/2018 01:30 PM

Dear Governor,

• Shirley Hudgens

02/16/2018 01:29 PM

bleach, cling free. over the counter medications, baby aspirins, tylenol.

• patricia rentz

02/16/2018 01:24 PM

• Greta Esplin

02/16/2018 01:23 PM

I think it's an EXCELLENT idea! Less fraud and healthy benefits!??

• Clay Beiser

02/16/2018 01:14 PM

• Ginger Lyons

02/16/2018 01:14 PM

• Tim Warga

02/16/2018 01:13 PM

It should really push the small farmer.

• Worda Lovett

02/16/2018 01:12 PM

• Patricia Jose

02/16/2018 01:08 PM

• Rosalie Gilliland

02/16/2018 01:05 PM

• pennie wicklund

02/16/2018 01:00 PM

• Ann Bruce de Pineda

02/16/2018 12:55 PM

• Judy Mark

02/16/2018 12:45 PM

• Judy Weaver

02/16/2018 12:45 PM

Ditto everything Goodale Pamela said.

• Lisa Roloff

02/16/2018 12:43 PM

• FRank Novak

02/16/2018 12:41 PM

• Debbie Bookout

02/16/2018 12:40 PM

• Jeanne Gardner

02/16/2018 12:40 PM

• Robin Quick

02/16/2018 12:40 PM

Certainly will eliminate a lot of fraud.

• De Smith

02/16/2018 12:39 PM

Another possible benefit: could less cash or no cash = less drugs or no drugs?

• W Ann White

02/16/2018 12:36 PM

• Winnifred s ross

02/16/2018 12:30 PM

• Gary Drummond

02/16/2018 12:22 PM

• cindy haase

02/16/2018 12:17 PM

• Tom Bennett

02/16/2018 12:17 PM

Simple Common Sense which to left LACKS.

• Grace Mckeown