Democrats are acting crazy

January 7, 2019

Prof. Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit likes to say that all the Democrats had to do to regain power was not to act crazy, and they can’t even do that.  That may be the understatement of the year.

Democrats regained the majority in the House as of last Thursday, on promises to lower health care costs, rebuild infrastructure and return civility to politics. But in just their first four days, they managed to set a new land speed record for careening from “reasonable impersonation of a rational human being” to “full-on, bat-poop loonies.”  By this time next Thursday, I half expect them to be climbing to the top of the Capitol dome while screaming gibberish and waving flaming torches.

Here’s a recap of their MAGA (Make America Groan Again) agenda:

Within the first couple of hours, Democrats filed articles of impeachment against the President with no grounds, moved to abolish the Electoral College, and put out notices that they would be hiring lots and lots of lawyers for investigations of Trump, his businesses, family members, friends, acquaintances, chamber maids, dogs, cats and Chia Pets.

Rep. Rashida Tlaib stood in front of a crowd and said she was quoting what she told her young son when she declared that they were going to impeach the “BLEEP,” using possibly the most vile profanity in the language.  The Washington Post ran an op-ed defending her, and Nancy Pelosi refused to criticize her.  I’m so old, I can remember when Pelosi said that only if the Democrats won would civility return to politics.  That was a few months ago.  But then, she was also on Stephen Colbert’s show a week before the election, promising that when Democrats won, they would lower the temperature of political discourse and “we will honor the vows of our founders. E Pluribus Unum. From many, one.”  So far, all we’ve gotten from many Democrats is one big childish, partisan clown show.  It’s like watching a gaggle of first-graders who were left unsupervised in a candy store and are now tearing up the place on a sugar rush.

Speaker Pelosi seems to be having her own mental short circuit, having declared walls to be "immoral" and claiming that the Constitution makes her the equal of the President, since the Executive and Legislative are equal branches.  Yes, except that Trump is the sole leader of the Executive branch and the nation in general, being the only official elected by the entire country and having garnered nearly 63 million votes nationwide.  She got just over 275,000 voters in one of the most far-left districts in America, and is the leader of one-half of Congress and one of 435 Representatives. I'm not surprised that she’s fuzzy on the Constitution, since I get the feeling it’s been a long time since she’s read it (if she ever has.)  But you’d think she’d at least know the difference between a President and a Representative, having lived through 20 Presidential elections.

Democrats also announced a bill demanding that the President hand over 10 years’ worth of his personal tax returns. John Hinderaker at the Powerline blog noted that if Pelosi thinks she’s the equal to the President, then shouldn’t she have to turn over 10 years’ worth of her own personal income tax records?

Of course, any discussion of wack-a-doodle Democratic antics isn’t complete without Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.  She hadn't held her first job in politics for more than 48 hours before calling for a radical “Green New Deal” and other massive programs that would vastly bloat the government, crush individual freedom, blow tens of trillions of dollars and remake America into a socialist Utopia.  She also made her debut on “Sixty Minutes,” where she called the President a racist and proudly accepted the title of "radical," saying that only “radicals” like Lincoln and FDR have altered the course of history and made progress in America.  Of course, in far more cases, from Russia to Cuba to Venezuela, it’s been radicals who have destroyed entire economies and oppressed and killed tens of millions of people, but let’s not split hairs.

She still tends to bristle when anyone brings up the fact- and math-challenged aspects of her statements or asks how she would pay for her radical socialist agenda.  But I’m happy to report that at least she’s moved beyond saying that we “just pay for it,” and now is being honest enough to admit that she wants to raise the top income tax rate to 70%.

Of course, even that wouldn’t pay for her grandiose visions, so the New York Times’ economics columnist and failed stock prognosticator Paul Krugman helped her out by calling for raising the top tax bracket to 80%.  Economist Bill Anderson wrote on Facebook, “At the 2004 Southern Economic Association meetings in New Orleans, I asked Krugman in a room full of economists if he believed we should go back to the 1980 top rates [of 70%]. His answer: ‘Oh, no! Those rates were insane!’ His exact words. So, it is official; Krugman now endorses insanity. How appropriate.”

Okay, we have 80%, do I hear…90%?  Even an 80% tax rate isn’t insane enough to pay for the Democrats’ insane vision of a border-free, everything free, socialist America.  So former Obama HUD Secretary and Democratic President hopeful Julian Castro came to AOC’s defense by calling for a 90% top rate. (Bonus: he also cited the old saw about making corporations “pay their fair share,” which means they’ll raise the prices of their products and pass the cost on to consumers.  You, that is.)

But hey, why stop at 90%?  Back during the ‘60s and ‘70s, British rock stars such as the Rolling Stones and Rod Stewart complained that they paid 90% in income taxes, then when you added in the annual property taxes and other taxes, they were being billed for more than 100% of their incomes.  Many owed debts from their early years of struggle and found it impossible to repay them when the government was taking all their money and then some once they became successful.

Their response, along with that of other high earners in all fields, was to hightail it out of the UK, so the government got 0% of their money, along with none of the economic benefits of having them live, work and hire in Great Britain.  As Keith Richards said, “We left, and they lost out. No taxes at all.”  This is why George Harrison wrote “Tax Man.”

This wave of tax exile by high achievers in Britain became known as the great “Brain Drain.” Judging from their first four days in office, I assume that a loss of brains is something few Democratic members of the new Congress are worried about.

I will note, though, if they keep up their current levels of disconnect from their constituents’ lives and concerns, and from reality in general, that there are 33 House seats currently held by Democrats from districts Trump won in 2016 that will be up for grabs in 2020.  By then, Republicans will be itching to have Representatives who don’t need straitjackets.  And they now know not only to vote like the future of America depends on it, but to be on high alert for fake news campaigns, ballot harvesting and “uncounted” votes discovered in various car trunks.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM.

Immutable laws of life

Sarah's story

• Jackie Strange

01/07/2019 06:39 PM

they are not acting. God has already sent them a powerful delusion, so that they should believe THE LIE. They are unreachable at this point.

• David

01/07/2019 06:35 PM

I always appreciate your posts and often share. I especially hope the lie about demorat “civility” is in the spotlight. The hypocrisy needs to be emphasized.

• Vickie Fisher

01/07/2019 06:35 PM

These Democrats are on Highway to Hell and don't care about anybody or anything except destroying President Trump and everything that he has done to Make America Great Again. So scary.

• Linda Mack

01/07/2019 06:24 PM

Thank you so much for bringing truth to us in your news letters. With your platform and influence, please keep doing everything you can to help our country from being consumed by these idiotic socialist politicians. They all need to go! I’m praying for our nation!! And I think president Trump is doing a wonderful job! God has surely put him in this position. God Bless America!! God Bless you Mr Huckabee ?? Oh and I just love your daughter, Sarah, and think she is awesome too!! ??

• Rita M Geller

01/07/2019 06:20 PM

I Read Them

• Susan Waycaster

01/07/2019 06:08 PM

The Democrats are Not 'acting' crazy. They ARE crazy. This country is getting ready to do some reaping from the last 20 or 30 years of sowing. I don't believe God is pleased with this country anymore, that's for sure

• Janet Woodworth

01/07/2019 06:08 PM

Liberalism IS a Mental Illness !!! We MUST find a way to STOP the bastardizing of Our Elections. These people will NOT STOP !! FRIGHTENING what is happening to Our Great Nation ! May God bless and have mercy on U.S. A. and POTUS .

• Bill Codner Sr

01/07/2019 05:57 PM

Liberals, both DemocRats and sleazy RINOS, have zero concern for this country and it’s people. They want their power back. RINOS are perfectly happy for DemocRats to be in the majority because they’re on the take from the same operatives and lobbyiststs as the DemiocRats. It goes on here in GA with our state politics.
    It’s time for conservatives to join the President and take the corruption on in the biggest political fight ever and continue to drain as many reptiles out of the Washington Swamp as possible.

• Carol Brown

01/07/2019 05:48 PM

Oh Mr.Huckabee,
    One thing for certain. Is that God has placed president Trump. Here at the right time. Things are changing so quickly. The middle east, our own government etc. This world is fading away. It's up to us. To teach the eternal gospel. Let's keep government shut down for 3yrs. Just in time. For the 2020 election. Blessing my friend. Great work! Keeping us informed. Carol

• Kathleen Duke

01/07/2019 05:24 PM

Greatest phrase ever ...
    "Full on bat poop loonies"!!!
    Love [email protected]

• Karen Bozeman

01/07/2019 05:19 PM

Mike: thanks for keeping us up to date on the circus in Washington, DC. I stand amazed at the way the Dems carry out their duties as elected officials. I keep hoping it’s a bad dream and I will wake up and it won’t be real. Nasty Nancy is a modern-day Jezebel. She’ll make sure nothing of significance takes place in the House. Poor AOC is proposing to raise taxes to astronomical levels when she is sitting in a room with some of the richest people in America who will be directly impacted unless they can legislate their way out of having to pay taxes as elected officials. They will shut her down soon enough, but for now she’s good for comic relief.
    I’m still amazed that NO ONE has suggested that the representative from Michigan is in need of parenting skills since she clearly has no qualms about using expletives in a conversation with her son. And grins about it from ear to ear. I thought the Supreme Court drama was as bad as it could get but we are now all getting schooled in what crazy really looks like. Incredible.

• Joseph

01/07/2019 05:06 PM

What can an intelligent person say to this except those in todays Democrat party are the real Zombies from the Hollywood films come to life. I guess what I learned in Economics 101 has been re-written by imbeciles masquerading as American Politicians. They are on both sides of the isle even though they are called by different names. This gibberish reminds me of a comedy movie called Idiocracy and should be must viewing for all politicians before taking office or even running for office.

• Kathy Nauman

01/07/2019 05:02 PM

I am still reeling from the first time Obama came on TV when we had a shooting here in central FL. A neighborhood watch guy - never a racist - saw someone looking in windows wearing a hoodie. He came in contact when he started following in the dark and the guy jumped him. There were witnesses. We have a stand your ground law here. He shot the guy. It turned out he was suspended from school in south Miami and was staying with his folks in this guarded community. He was made out to be just a young fella doing nothing wrong. Sweet pictures were published and the racism was fanned. That is when it was no longer local. When the "president of the United States" comes on TV and says "that could have been me" I almost fainted. The man had not even been tried and found guilty, and he was later tried and found NOT GUILTY. Right then, I knew - something was no longer right in this nation. Never, and I am no longer young, had any president or any elected washington swamp dweller talked about a defendant before the facts were in......Obama is a racist and he started this division while making the swamp even worse with the help of criminals that will never see justice. I pray for our president. He is so good to try and save this country, because I know he loves it. There is NO ego big enough to want the abuse he has taken for us, and still keeps doing the right thing. I don't care who he slept with, paid off - bla bla bla. I know he is not in bed with the Russians, but I know Hillary was and so was Obama and Iran too. He managed to trash our FBI, the IRS and God knows what else in the process. I only wish I would live long enough to see the guilty get justice. But, I know, that will likely never happen. I am so sad for our nation. Truly, near despair. I can barely watch news at all. I know we really need the wall. I lived through the death of Miami Fl as an American city and culture. It was heartbreaking.

• Robert M Dispensa

01/07/2019 04:52 PM

Governor,
    Not to give the Democrats any ideas, but why do they still pay for guards and security at our airports? If our southern border is secure enough as it is, why do we need airport security? Now I know this is an insane question, but why do we spend enormous amounts of money to check out who flies in and out of America but continue to leave our back door wide open? If you know the front door is being guarded but not the back, which door would you choose to sneak through if you were up to no good? I stand with the President, Congress needs to protect America and it's citizens.

Thanks for Reading

Robert Dispensa

• Karen Conder

01/07/2019 04:11 PM

Love you and your article, However, very concerned about 2020. In the next two years does our President even have a chance???

• Elaine Umphrey

01/07/2019 04:10 PM

Mr. Huckabee, you've hit the nail right on the head. The Democrats all supported a wall when Obama & Clinton were in office; now they've did a 180..and I believe that it's because Mr. Trump is president (and doing a great job, by the way). I pray every day for our president and also for your daughter, Sarah. She's Terrific in handling those reporters, who, for the most part, are as nuts as the Democratic party. Thank you, Mr. Huckabee, for being a voice of reason. Sincerely, Elaine Umphrey

• Alice Newbern Davis

01/07/2019 03:59 PM

I love Mike Huckabee's Show and Newsletter. Thank you. I also love seeing his daughter Sarah and her leadership as she talks with reporters. Maybe she is in training to be the first Lady in the White House, of course, as our President.

• Diane Hogan

01/07/2019 03:58 PM

Mike:
    You are right on! I totally agree with everything you said in this piece! We all need to start praying like there’s no tomorrow because the way the Democrats are acting there may not be!

• Nila Moore

01/07/2019 03:57 PM

Could it be they are in total panic mode? Everything is slipping away from them. I am sure if Trump releases FISA many of them are going down. They are fighting for their very existence. Many Americans are waking up and the Democrats just don't know how to react.

• christy l virgil

01/07/2019 03:50 PM

We are praying here in Eastern Oregon! It seems as though "they" have all forgotten our past and make their minds up out of hate! May God Bless America and may God Bless our President!

• Cherie Gift

01/07/2019 03:50 PM

Great article about the
    Loony Tunes Dems!

Praying for President Trump, Flotus, Barron, their families.

This is a DISCRACE

• Frank Melick

01/07/2019 03:47 PM

I didn't think people would be crazy enough to vote for a Democrat in 2018 election either. Oh'well so much for thinking. I can only hope that they see the light in the 2020 election. Again wishful thinking.

• Faye Bland

01/07/2019 03:24 PM

All I can say Mr. Huckabee is God Help Us!!

• Donna Miller

01/07/2019 03:24 PM

This has all gotten out of hand. It is like the Democrats no longer see right from wrong. Quit stopping the wall to be built because you don't like the President. What is so hard for them to understand we need help ! As a citizen I am tired of not being heard. As for the 2 Muslims being voted in, they are already stating what they are going to do or at least want to do. The one using filthy language offends me. Come to think about it, most of the Democrats offend me. I think we are heard, they are just ignoring us. I say. pray, pray, pray, that God will smite them before this gets out of any more hand.

• Mary Harris

01/07/2019 03:23 PM

God help our nation! Staying in prayer. No accountability for words or actions. Our great country is wounded and many in power are cutting deeper each day. The insanity has to stop because if this nation dies, we all die with it! Vote them OUT and build the wall! It is not Trump's wall. It is OUR wall, the citizens of The United States of America!

Democrats are acting crazy

January 7, 2019

Here’s a recap of their MAGA (Make America Groan Again) agenda:

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM.

Immutable laws of life

• Carol Brown

01/07/2019 05:48 PM

Oh Mr.Huckabee,

• Kathleen Duke

01/07/2019 05:24 PM

Greatest phrase ever ...
    "Full on bat poop loonies"!!!
    Love [email protected]

• christy l virgil

01/07/2019 03:50 PM

• Cherie Gift

01/07/2019 03:50 PM

Great article about the
    Loony Tunes Dems!

Praying for President Trump, Flotus, Barron, their families.

This is a DISCRACE

• Frank Melick

01/07/2019 03:47 PM

• Faye Bland

01/07/2019 03:24 PM

All I can say Mr. Huckabee is God Help Us!!

• Donna Miller

01/07/2019 03:24 PM

• Mary Harris

01/07/2019 03:23 PM

Democrats are acting crazy

January 7, 2019

Here’s a recap of their MAGA (Make America Groan Again) agenda:

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM.

Immutable laws of life

• Carol Brown

01/07/2019 05:48 PM

Oh Mr.Huckabee,

• Kathleen Duke

01/07/2019 05:24 PM

Greatest phrase ever ...
    "Full on bat poop loonies"!!!
    Love [email protected]

• christy l virgil

01/07/2019 03:50 PM

• Cherie Gift

01/07/2019 03:50 PM

Great article about the
    Loony Tunes Dems!

Praying for President Trump, Flotus, Barron, their families.

This is a DISCRACE

• Frank Melick

01/07/2019 03:47 PM

• Faye Bland

01/07/2019 03:24 PM

All I can say Mr. Huckabee is God Help Us!!

• Donna Miller