On Tuesday night, the WASHINGTON POST reported that Attorney General Bill Barr “has told people close to President Trump --- both outside and inside the White House --- that he is considering quitting over Trump’s tweets about Justice Department investigations, three administration officials said...”

The spokesperson for the DOJ, Kerri Kupec, tweeted this in response: “Addressing Beltway rumors: The Attorney General has no plans to resign.”

We don’t know what’s really going on, as WAPO has often gotten stories wrong –- especially when they involve Trump –- and this is another one of those “anonymously sourced” stories. But no matter what the stresses are, Barr has got to hang in there. He is the Last Great Hope for reform in our justice system. If he goes, for whatever reason, I think we may as well pack it in and say goodbye to America as we once knew her. The two-tier justice system is still very much alive and well and must be leveled.

As Constitutional scholar John Eastman said on Tuesday’s THE INGRAHAM ANGLE, “The tensions may be high, but...the WASHINGTON POST is a bit of a propaganda tool, trying to create a wedge or [throw] gasoline on the fire of what might have been a minor tension, and trying to blow it into a major tension. I don’t think it’s a major tension, [judging from] President Trump’s comments today and Attorney General Barr’s spokesman as well. Look, the President is extremely frustrated with what’s gone on, and the unequal treatment under the law --- you know, the President’s friends ought not to get special favorable treatment, but neither [should] they be targeted for special UN-favorable treatment, merely because they’re the President’s friends. And that seems to be what was going on out of the Mueller investigation [and] the indictment of Roger Stone, [with its] grossly excessive sentencing recommendation...”

Eastman thinks Stone’s sentence recommendation “quite frankly, was a set-up,” citing a report that the night before they filed it, prosecutors falsely told their DOJ superiors that it was going to be relatively modest. So what happened? Seven to nine years in prison for a 69-year-old nonviolent offender is not even close to modest. Naturally, Trump was going to Tweet about this. Eastman suspects WAPO is trying to “fuel the fire” on this story.

He described the line a President has to walk: “The President is right; he has the Article II power. He is the head of the Executive Branch. But there’s a reason every President normally stays out of individual cases, because of concerns about interjecting politics in the normal functions of justice. And speaking of “interjecting politics,” he pointed out that “twenty to one, the Department of Justice lawyers backed Hillary Clinton over President Trump with their [campaign] contributions.” He also pointed out that the DC jury pool is “90 percent hostile to Trump.” Yes, there’s good reason for the President to be frustrated, but according to Eastman, “the President needs to redirect that frustration away from Twitter tweets in particular cases.”

In other words, if the President’s running commentary really is causing problems for Barr, he’s got to rein himself in a bit. There's too much at stake, and Barr needs some space to do his job. On the other hand, the media are surely blowing this up into much more than it might actually be. President Trump has acknowledged that his commentary has made Barr’s job harder, and he seems to support Barr one hundred percent.

But the Swamp and its accomplices would like nothing more than for the rumors that Barr might leave his job to be true. That’s the story they want to tell, so it’s the story they WILL tell. Barr is their worst nightmare. We don’t know if there will be accountability for those who abused their power, but if Barr goes, chances of that are slim-to-none.

Just look at what we have going on at the moment. In the Roger Stone case, even though the jury foreman at his trial has revealed herself as an outspoken anti-Trump zealot, presiding Judge Amy Berman Jackson has announced that he will still be sentenced on Thursday as scheduled. That is stunning; Roger Stone absolutely deserves a new trial, as there is just no valid argument that his conviction resulted from a fair trial. It’s hard to believe the judge didn't dismiss the case entirely or at least order a new trial for Stone. Unless she’s planning to offer him probation --- which seems very unlikely --- this is a travesty of justice that Stone’s lawyers surely will appeal.

Then there’s the Michael Flynn case. As we reported yesterday, Barr has appointed federal prosecutor Jeffrey Jensen to review it, and on the heels of that, Flynn attorney Sidney Powell has just filed a new brief to dismiss the case “for egregious government misconduct.” Here are the details of this breaking story.

We also had the story yesterday about Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz’ claim that he has evidence President Obama personally directed the FBI to open an investigation at the request of leftist/globalist billionaire megadonor George Soros. (In his Tuesday podcast, Dan Bongino speculated that the “someone” was a Ukrainian oligarch named Dmitry Firtash, a business rival of Soros.) So it seems some investigators are finally sniffing around the Top Dog (Obama, of course --- or is that Soros?).

Barr has noted that the intelligence agencies have come to identify “the national interest with their own political preferences.” No kidding. We knew that for years they were wary of Michael Flynn because he wanted to limit and downsize them (and we’ve seen what happened to HIM). The problems are bad enough that some are even recommending abolishing the CIA and the FISA court entirely. Here’s one very detailed article about that, for when you have some time…

Abolish CIA & FISA

Going through the letters I get, it’s dismaying to see readers giving up on ever seeing accountability. I think we’re going to see it eventually, and possibly some tremendous changes in the system. YES, it takes a long time; the wheels of justice have to slog through vat after vat of molasses. Resistance will never let up. And along the way, it’s hard to see things like Judge Jackson’s latest decision on Roger Stone and the ruthless pursuit of Michael Flynn when serious liars and abusers of power go unpunished. It’s maddening and discouraging.

But as responsible citizens of a republic, we have to make ourselves look. The biggest take-away for all of us has to be this: “Elections have consequences.” The judge in Stone’s case was appointed by Obama. Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder were appointed by...Obama. Most of the State Department holdovers worked under Hillary. Congress is majority Democrat and will NEVER stop its insanity and compulsive impeaching until they are drop-kicked out of the Capitol building and down all those steps. Most importantly, if President Trump doesn’t get a second term, things will go right back to the way they were in the summer of 2016 when Hillary Clinton was the “anointed one.” Business as usual.

We can’t let that happen.

• Pat J Green

02/19/2020 03:46 PM

It just seems to me that if you're a political personer in our country then you go to jail for a long time. But if your a rapest or a muderer you get off really easy and in new York you get out of jail free.

• DENNIS M THOMAS

02/19/2020 03:41 PM

I agree with you completely. Barr is the best AG we've had for at least the past decade. He seems fair, and totally in tune with the idea of due process, no one being above the law, the presumption of innocence and everything else that was squashed by Obama's wing man, Eric Holder. And he and Trump seems to be on the same page, although it is discomforting to have your boss tweeting before and after every important judicial decision is rendered.

• Richard Edler

02/19/2020 03:40 PM

These great articles keep us motivated and the truth is instrumental to save our republic. We will not give up because we know we cannot. You are right; this is our last chance. We must take the House and keep the Senate and re-elect President Trump. We need 4 more years to eliminate people who are still serving Clinton and Obama and Soros in malicious ways. The article about the CIA and FBI was excellent. They have become administrative behemoths with their own nefarious goals and these bureaucrats are too dangerous bc they are selling out America for their own greed and misguided Ideas. They all need to go - a clean sweep. Being run by commies & Soros et all for 8 years via Obama was horrible and they are still trying to run a shadow gov. & want our gov. once again in 2020 - the answer is NO! Also shame on Bezos who became uber wealthy due to people buying his stock and he used capitalism thanks to living in America. As thanks to living in a free capitalistic country he then tries to destroy our republic via the Washington Post. He must hate American deplorables as well or is using us as tools. Rich gov/ contracts & every day hard working Americans made him wealthy but he is a greedy bitter man and constantly attacks President Trump. He doesn’t deserve the Jedi contract. His stepdad helped to make him wealthy via gov. contracts for data storage aka the cloud. Good old boys network and now he is pouting. Former hedge fund guy with no soul. Money does bad things to people. We will not give up on AG Barr and will continue to believe that justice will prevail! Patience is a virtue. We will also continue to pray for General Flynn’s exoneration and would love to see him regain a Cabinet post in 2020! Onward Christian solders!

• Chelsea Martin

02/19/2020 03:35 PM

"Going through the letters I get, it’s dismaying to see readers giving up on ever seeing accountability."

I am sorry, but I truly do not see how will be. Accountability will only be possible if the Deep State is brought to light and torn up by the roots and the law becomes universally applicable to all citizens equally, which I just cannot see happening. Between the media being in lockstep with the leftist party, the formation of a veritable foaming-at-the-mouth demagogue, the legion of liberal college indoctrinated and the radical divergence of accountability seen for the common citizen (i.e. Antifa gets to toss milkshakes at people, block traffic and commit assault and battery at will with virtually no consequence and rabid college SJWs get to declare unilaterally that "speech" equals "assault" and similarly form violent screaming mobs to assault and harass those with different viewpoints... but heaven forbid a conservative of any kind so much as raise their voice in protest! Clearly said conservative is a racist neo-Nazi deserving of public castigation, proposed physical harm and the loss of their jobs and livelihoods!) it's just not going to happen. How can anyone expect high ranking un-elected leftist bureaucrats to be held legally accountable for their "nominally" illegal actions when the average leftist citizen is not held accountable for assault, battery, harassment and the making of death threats? I am 33 years old, and for my entire life this double standard has been the norm. I don't know if it's a matter of us "letting" anything happen so much as it's a matter of the inevitability of social, legal and economic collapse under the strain of a system that too often elevates the rights of the perpetrator well above the rights of the victim. The system has become largely devoid of justice.

• Debbie Robbins

02/19/2020 03:31 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee, While I deeply appreciate your daily analysis, and the analysis of other great conservatives, we the people want to see action and consequences. I write, I call, I comment, I vote, I work the polls, etc., etc., etc., but I am only one. People who have been provided a larger platform like yourself, Need to “step up to the plate” even more and ask for our help and we strategize on what to do. Of course we have to re-elect our president and get a Republican Senate and Congress but we also have to DEMAND that these “conservatives” do what we elect them to do. We cannot be burned again and we have to fight so very hard. We have to get Senator McConnell reelected from my home state of Kentucky and I am just sick in my heart over even some of the most conservative voices whining about our president. He has every right to be thoroughly disgusted and even discouraged... But I will not give up and will continue to P-U-S-H (Pray Until Something Happens!). Please give us ideas on how we can be heard outside of the ballot box with strength andvigor. If anyone can help us, I know you can. Respectfully, Debbie Robbins

• Karen Minnich

02/19/2020 03:15 PM

I pray for God’s direction and protection for the Attorney General Bill Barr. He is at the forefront of exposing the Deep State and swamp in our government. The criminals and corrupt will be intimidating and threatening him to prevent the exposure of their crimes. I am praying he stays focused and bravely continues his fight against the national crime syndicate once and for all. Hopefully he has trusted protection as he goes forward.

• Lucille Jarzynka

02/19/2020 03:14 PM

COURAGE Bill Barr -- you know the Democrats are afraid of you that's why they want you to leave! GOD GIVE HIM COURAGE!

• Michael moody

02/19/2020 03:13 PM

Dear Mike:

It is good to be able to write to you and sound off on things that are relevant to the current scene in the political world. I have not been able to read your articles in some time because the current version of my software is currently dying. High tech monopolists are definitely interested in keeping the business, no matter how philanthropic they are or wish to appear.

I did want to turn aside from national politics for a time to hopefully get your feedback or perhaps a future commentary on an issue that has come up in Alabama. I speak not from the political standpoint but from that of a Christian leader.

I live in West Georgia not far from the Alabama line. So we get a lot about what is going on in the state. I am sure you are aware of the Heart beat bill that has passed in Alabama to much controversy.

The reaction to this action says something about who Democrats really are these days. One Democrat in the Alabama legislature filed a bill to mandate that all men over the age of fifty have a vasectomy. This is her way of paying back men for this pro-life action. It indicates a deep, quite frankly, spiritual problem as far as I am concerned. She wants to take vengeance on people who did nothing to her.

I am sure that the bill will get nowhere. But I am deeply troubled and angry that the Democratic Party will speak all manner of evil about the Heart Beat bill but will say nothing about the evil spirited woman who wants to punish all men for something they had nothing to do with for the most part. It is a case of age discrimination and sex discrimination. It is an overreach that will serve as a great example of what America can expect from the National Socialists, Nazis who are trying to take over the Democratic Party.

It made me so angry that I thought about writing the head of the Democratic party and bless all the Democrats out as empty headed fools. This is obviously something that a Believer in Jesus Christ should not do. I am afraid, as stupid as this is, that it will soon get worse, as the Nazi take over proceeds and the Democrats abandon any pretense of Judeo Christian principles altogether.

So I would appreciate it if at some time in your future commentary that you give us alll some counsel on how to conduct ourselves in the evil days when the lust for power has become an idol and hypocrisy has become an expected reality of today's way of life.

Mike Moody

P.S.: Global Warming is starting to come back in as an issue and that is one thing I think I do know a lot about. It won't take $3 to 14 trillion to do what can be done and actually needs to be done. I would say $20 to 50 billion at the very far outside.

• Charles Fikes

02/19/2020 03:11 PM

Thanks Mike for your "on target" opinions.

• Jerry Korba

02/19/2020 03:10 PM

Mike you are right the non action of Investigating the Mueller gang the Obama mob Pelosi led Anti American group all of these thugs do seem to either slip thru the cracks or basically ignored by the DOJ and other Justice Departments. I still have hope one reason why is I wrote about the low life Obama hold overs underming the White House that Trump had them watched and on Tv the other day said he knows who they are gave me confidence he will get some of these criminals sooner or later hopefully before they take that dirt bath.

• PATRICIA WHEATON

02/19/2020 03:01 PM

Praying for Pres. Trump & Barr! The enemy is doing everything possible to turn people against this president

• Emma Williams

02/19/2020 03:01 PM

You are so right. Things will go back so something HAS GOT to be done prior to the Nov election.

• Lana Dahl

02/19/2020 02:52 PM

Please don’t declare negativity over us / America. God bless us and He is the God of the impossible!!! What the enemy tears down more will be raised up! Your declarations are powerful! Please join us Jesus lovers in only declaring God’s goodness/ the intentions of God in every situation! Thank you!!!
    Lana

• John Chiero

02/19/2020 02:40 PM

I agree with you especially your ending paragraph! But I am to the point where I am not totally confident in Barr because I believe he is being threatened by the deep state This has to conclude by the end of elections, because if the demonrats get back in all hell is going to break loose!! If Barr dosent conclude and trump loose then he is immediately replaced and it is all swept under the rug and our nation will be officially run by demons and evil! The militias will then rise up! Personally, I do not think God will allow this to happen. He has appointed Trump for a time to heal our land, and I believe He will reinstall the rule of law for all and bring this treasonous party down! I hope I am correct! If I am wrong and trump really starts gaining traction then I feel the Iranians might pull us into a huge military conflict, not allowing the president time to concentrate on re-election! Israel will be in their sites! If this scenario takes place then the final stages of prophecy may occur or a civil war first! If the AG’s investigation is terminated now for any reason then I am afraid this nation is going to rise up! And if it keeps going with a trump victory then we will have to contend with the traitors of the other side!

• Mary J Pedersen

02/19/2020 02:34 PM

Absolutely! We cannot let that happen! Get out the vote. Just don't assume that people will go vote. We MUST do out part to make sure our people go vote in November!!

• Faith Matsuoka

02/19/2020 02:31 PM

I agree with your assessment, Governor Huckabee. I have been feeling that the Democrats are trying to make this a bigger problem than it is because they want so badly to have Barr impeached. I feel President Trump and AG Barr are on the same page and they HAVE TO work together and help each other. We can't lose either one of them. Let's pray that they will submit to the Lord and to each other, and that the devil won't get a foothold in either one of them. And that Satan will be defeated in his desire to make trouble. Ugh!

• Donald Franck

02/19/2020 02:27 PM

Our family supports Mr. Barr. It would be a disaster if he left the job.

• RICHARD P. FROHOCK

02/19/2020 02:26 PM

I'm in complete agreement with this. If Trump truly wants to drain the Swamp he best let Atty General Barr do his job. Some times restraint of tong and pen is best. Being a Democrat I have a great deal of respect for these two men and the job they're doing on behalf of "We the People" and I fully intend to vote for Trump again. I pray these two working together will bring equal justice back into this country. As for me the Democratic party has become hateful and vindictive causing people like me to leave and become an Independent. God Bless America, President Trump and Attorney General Barr may we all survive the hateful vindictive actions of today's political atmosphere.

• Lana Smith

02/19/2020 02:25 PM

Amen. I agree with you!

• Daniel Kraft

02/19/2020 02:22 PM

Trump MUST clean house in DOJ and State!

• Kevin J. Cook

02/19/2020 02:14 PM

The other real possibility in the Trump Barr ‘dust up’ is to make the weak minded Enemedia think Trump and Barr are feuding! Democrats are so easily triggered and fooled because they have the mental maturity and stability of a bratty whinny two year old. LMAO!

• Robbie Mize

02/19/2020 02:10 PM

I am glad you addressed my worst nightmare (at the moment), there have been so many in the last 4 years...it is like a different nightmare every week. I don't know how the "good guys" can hang on sometimes. It does get tedious. I just pray and try to trust that God will in His time, handle every bit of it. It might not be to our liking and we may all suffer but I can hope at least!

Abolish CIA & FISA

We can’t let that happen.

• Pat J Green

• Michael moody

02/19/2020 03:13 PM

Dear Mike:

Mike Moody

• Charles Fikes

02/19/2020 03:11 PM

Thanks Mike for your "on target" opinions.

• Jerry Korba

• Mary J Pedersen

02/19/2020 02:34 PM

• Faith Matsuoka

02/19/2020 02:31 PM

• Donald Franck

02/19/2020 02:27 PM

Our family supports Mr. Barr. It would be a disaster if he left the job.

• RICHARD P. FROHOCK

02/19/2020 02:26 PM

• Lana Smith

02/19/2020 02:25 PM

Amen. I agree with you!

• Daniel Kraft

02/19/2020 02:22 PM

Trump MUST clean house in DOJ and State!

• Kevin J. Cook

02/19/2020 02:14 PM

• Robbie Mize

02/19/2020 02:10 PM

Abolish CIA & FISA

We can’t let that happen.

• Pat J Green

• Michael moody

02/19/2020 03:13 PM

Dear Mike:

Mike Moody

• Charles Fikes

02/19/2020 03:11 PM

Thanks Mike for your "on target" opinions.

• Jerry Korba

• Mary J Pedersen

02/19/2020 02:34 PM

• Faith Matsuoka

02/19/2020 02:31 PM

• Donald Franck

02/19/2020 02:27 PM

Our family supports Mr. Barr. It would be a disaster if he left the job.

• RICHARD P. FROHOCK

02/19/2020 02:26 PM

• Lana Smith

02/19/2020 02:25 PM

Amen. I agree with you!

• Daniel Kraft

02/19/2020 02:22 PM

Trump MUST clean house in DOJ and State!

• Kevin J. Cook