May 16, 2017

I don’t mind the political media exhausting themselves every day, making up fake news and running madly after every whiff of anti-Trump scandal like a pack of hyperactive Chihuahuas trying to chase down every car in a Walmart parking lot simultaneously. But it’s nearly as exhausting for the rest of us, just having to watch them.

For instance, after a solid week of yapping about James Comey’s long-overdue firing that they were all in favor of until Trump did it (sort of like how they admit his terrorist nation travel ban would be Constitutional, if any other President had issued it), the Washington Post set off yet another round of frenzied barking with a story claiming that Trump revealed classified information in a meeting about joint anti-ISIS strategy with top Russian officials. It had barely hit the news before dozens of Democrats were rushing to the cameras to demand an investigation and to call it “disturbing” and “reckless” (I’ll say this for them: they can’t govern worth a darn, but they have an amazingly efficient buzzword focus-group testing system.)

They were right about one thing: if it’s true that Trump inadvertently revealed classified data that might identify our intelligence sources to Russia, that would be a serious problem. I can say that with some credibility, because I also said that when Hillary Clinton did that very thing via her unsecure email server, back when all these people who are calling for Trump’s impeachment were brushing that off as nothing and trying to make Hillary President.

But this story set off “smell test” alarms from the get-go, in ways that even the writer noted. For instance, WaPo admitted that even if it were true, it likely wouldn’t be illegal because as President, Trump has the power to declassify information. Also, the story was based on unnamed “current and former officials.” Consider: we’re talking about an ultra-secure meeting of top leaders of two super powers to discuss classified anti-terrorist strategies inside the White House. How many “former officials” were likely to have been in that room?

We do know exactly which “current officials” were in the room: National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster, Deputy National Security Advisor Dina Powell and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. All three had to take time out of their busy schedules to state to the press in no uncertain terms that the story was false, it did not happen, and that no intelligence sources or methods were discussed that weren’t already part of the public record.

Was that clear enough to end the controversy? If you believe that, then you’ve never had to try to calm down a pack of Chihuahuas.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Larry Godwin

05/17/2017 12:29 AM

The President desperately needs you in the White House to ferret out the insidious LEAKERS who are undermining his administration. If he doesn't get this under control, his presidency will be short lived I'm afraid.

• Jim Bridger

05/17/2017 12:03 AM

No video, no money, no sex, no dead bodies means no scandal

• Gary Whaley

05/16/2017 11:54 PM

For Decades if not Centuries Leaders would meet and confer about mutually confidential issues establishing some level of trust. It appears the media is to some degree undermining trust between these leaders and interfering with the people's business. The corrupt media appears to be undermining national security the most along with those leaking information. We the people have faith in Trump and note and reject the media's corrupt and continued bad faith behavior.

• Alice Hudman

05/16/2017 11:44 PM

#1) please leave Chihuahuas out of this as my dogs are Chihuahuas and I love all of them.
    #2) I agree with you as far as everything that Trump says or does is always blown out of proportion. As we all remember all the corrupt things that Obama did and none of the Liberals or even the establishment blew up like they are doing to the President. The President might as well accept this as he wanted to be President and it all comes with the terrortory! PS: we loved your daughter and she done a great job!

• Gary Whaley

05/16/2017 11:17 PM

For Decades if not Centuries Leaders would meet and confer about mutual confidential issues establishing some level of trust. It appears the media is to some degree undermining trust between these leaders and interfering with the people's business. The corrupt media appears to be undermining national security the most along with those leaking information. We the people have faith in Trump and note and reject the media's corrupt and continued bad faith behavior.

• Tim Arvidson

05/16/2017 10:57 PM

In order for the President to govern, the WH needs to change the rules of engagement for the Press and how information will be exchanged. Additionally, Press credentials need to be suspended for unsubstantiated reporting or "fake news"; using unnamed sources or information that cannot be corroborated or confirmed to be accurate.

• Cheryl Nichols

05/16/2017 10:31 PM

It's a sad day in America when simple gossip is considered news. The mainstream media has lost all credibility. No longer do the people hear the news and come to their own conclusions, the opinion-ist's tell people what to believe. Also the 24-7 cable news, internet and social media cycles are creating ratings based rabid reporting. Otherwise simply known as greed. Not an easy problem to fix, it would take a sudden enlightenment of integrity and honor plus a few other lost social skills.. Even the MSM TV shows are laced with progressive propaganda. I once thought subliminal persuasion was deemed immoral, times have changed. When I stand back at look at the monster, I'd sum it up by saying the progressive left which includes many democrats have ODD - Oppositional Defiance Disorder. I'd rather call it a disease because it's seemingly contagious. Trump is going to have to stop feeding the monster by fixing communications and staying off of Twitter. Thanks for the ear Gov. Mike Huckabee. - I posted this on FB earlier. Just realized you asked us to post on your website.

• linda hart

05/16/2017 10:05 PM

I am trying my best to keep informed but all these Trump hater histrionics are wearing me out. Their voices drive me crazy so I read rather than listen to news. Trying to keep my sanity. Ugh!

• Talmadge Crawford

05/16/2017 09:46 PM

This why I can't watch MSM. I'm tired of trying to weed through articles/reports to figure out what may be the truth. I don't see where they care if they lie or get caught lying.

• Jeanne Denton

05/16/2017 09:44 PM

Thank you Governor Huckabee!!! I feel so helpless for our awesome President Trump! He is a great American, like you and I want to help him with the dishonest press. They are relentless and my prayer is that the public is catching on! Thank you for defending our President! By the way, your daughter does an incredible job and she can handle the stupid press briefings brilliantly! She's a chip off the ole block??

• V Steuwe

05/16/2017 09:38 PM

Mr. Huckabee, when they did all of the corrupt things with the government during the last administration including possible murder of Seth Rich, and the meeting between Lynch and Clinton, the money drops to Iran, etc...they NEVER expected they'd have anyone other than a Democrat in the WH in 2016 and therefore they would not have to worry about it. They were arrogant and sloppy (Seth was robbed, but nothing taken. Clinton meeting Lynch, no big deal). Even had someone like Bush or Kasich won, they'd have buried this stuff. Things are coming out now and they (the swamp including McCain, McConnell, Ryan) are scrambling to keep the corruption hidden.

• Carol M Martin

05/16/2017 09:38 PM

I am getting totally exhausted with the constant stream of attacks on President Trump. And I mean, CONSTANT!!! It is so obvious that these attacks are orchestrated, relentless and evil. No one is perfect and this President will not be perfect, but he cannot even catch his breath and do his job without having to daily fight the insanity of those who oppose him with one insane story after another! Makes me want to scream!

• Amy Allen

05/16/2017 09:38 PM

Thank you for this . All these "allegations" are really starting to get to me

• Anthony Fronzaglia

05/16/2017 09:29 PM

Well it seem like those against Trump are in a hurry to damage him. There is a new leak every night on the evening news. Down deep inside there is the sense that they are fake or highly exaggerated stories.
    But I can see right through their attempts. Now is the time for Trump to push harder on cleaning up Washington. He is God's man for this time and if God be for him, those against him will not succeed.

• Teresa Moore

05/16/2017 09:07 PM

I have to tell you that your thoughts are very comforting to me. When I heard this story today, I thought "baloney!" Once the bad guys get hold of something, they don't let go! I thought we'll be hearing about this forever. The bad guys have one agenda...discredit and get rid of President Trump. It's sad that the president has so many obstacles in his way, constantly! I hated hearing about Russia constantly as I was in elementary school. I hate hearing about them now. Let that go, people! Our biggest enemy is Islam and their determination to take over the world by lies and fear mongering.

• Linda Helms

05/16/2017 09:02 PM

It is exhausting. No work getting done. Worse will be the long list of these non-issues that the Liberals will drag out and spin as truth at mid-term elections and in 4 years...
    It's all about the appearance of impropriety or innuendo, spun into Truth. Leakers need to be found, fired, and prosecuted!

• Louise Winter

05/16/2017 09:01 PM

And now they are barking that Trump might have asked Comey if he could "just go easy on Mike Flynn." LOL! Can't imagine that a comment like that was said other than jokingly because otherwise Comey would have and should have reported at the time that Trump tried to influence the investigation by threatening him. And also, why would Trump need to seriously ask for that when he could, as POTUS, pardon Flynn even if they did happen to find something to convict him of? The boy who cried wolf story is wasted on these media hacks!

• Debra Reynolds

05/16/2017 08:55 PM

Praying for President Trump, his family, his cabinet, his advisors...trusting God. And grinding my teeth when I watch too much news.

• LYNDA CARRIGAN

05/16/2017 08:45 PM

WaPo (owned by Jeff Bezos) is being used as a front for Jeff Bezos who is worried about his Amazon business being charged with antitrust laws. As usual with libs, it's self-serving.

• Rhoda Fox

05/16/2017 08:37 PM

Thanks for being a credible voice of reason in these crazy times of a country so divided we cannot unite as "just Americans" for the good of our country. Why can't the left realize they lost the election and just give our president a chance. We are sick, nauseous, to hear attack after attack, day after day. He is not a politician but I hav faith in him and whst he could do for our country if the left would stop its lies, nitpicking...

• Catholyn Dianne Gallman

05/16/2017 08:26 PM

You are right Mike.... It's just as exhausting for us to watch the DEMS scramble to try to destroy President Trump as it is for them to be doing it! What a miserable bunch of high school kids running our nation!!!! And we wonder why nothing is done.... Arn't they there to help Americans especially from the districts and states that voted them in..... Give me ONE thing they have done since President Trump took office.........

• April Starkey

05/16/2017 08:17 PM

Trump becoming president was not by happenstance. The Lord heard our prayers and knew exactly who he would use. He will show His might through this seemingly hopeless situation. He is sustaining President Trump.

• Nelda stockstill

05/16/2017 08:15 PM

A little knowledge about what is today's liberal mainstream media and democrat party, to use Jesus' expression, speaking truth to the pack of hyenas that represent the modern press and Washington's elite democrats is like “throwing your pearls before pigs.” Not only will they fail to appreciate your words, they will “trample them underfoot and turn to attack you” (Matthew 7:6).
    The perfect the description of the behavior of late in the democrat Party and mainstream media liberal propagandists! I would love to have written this but, a lady posted it and I asked her If I could forward it. It didn't let me forward her name. Well anyway it's right on the money. God wanted President Trump in office, that's plain to see. I will always trust The Lords decision and will always pray for the president and all of you. The left need a lot of JESUS in their life. I actually pray that they will seek Him before it's to late. Just a note to tell you that I actually wanted you first and then Ben Carson as president. But, I love who is president now. We need someone who will stand up for us. May God bless you and your family in the work you do for us. Love your daughter too. I hope this is not too mushy, lol. Best regards, Nelda Stockstill

• Maureen Richards

05/16/2017 08:15 PM

I am so tired of this constant resistance mode of the left. We need to have our own attack dogs on the right that come together to fight this. How can we get this to happen? Can you lead the new counter resistance?

• Ingrid Gula

05/16/2017 07:48 PM

Has anyone discovered who the "official" was that leaked this information to the Post? Does anyone care? How will the President plug these leaks? If they are not plugged the presidency will actually be destroyed, and whether the left and the media want to believe it, democracy goes with the destruction. No one with any discerning mind will trust anything.

• Betty hall

05/16/2017 07:12 PM

Their job. Is to destroy this President , And when one story doesn't stick , they just move on to another. Hoping this will be the one. Nothing is more important then getting their position back. And continue ruling people . Instead of leading people. They are very scary group. May Gods hand be on this nation and this President.

• Carol LaVonne mikkelsen

05/16/2017 07:11 PM

I think it is so terrible the way OUR PRESIDENT is treated by the democrats and some republicans!!! I wish they would listen to a song and memorize it, THE MORE WE PULL TOGETHER, TOGETHER, TOGETHER, THE MORE WE PULL TOGETHER THE HAPPIER WE'LL BE FOR YOUR WORK IS MY WORK AND MY WORK IS GOD'S WORK AND THE MORE WE PULL TOGETHER THE HAPPIER WE'LL BE!!!!!! I AM SO TIRED OF FAKE REPORTING, IT IS MEANINGLESS, AS IN LOONEY TUNES!!!!!!

• Bob Schumacher

05/16/2017 07:07 PM

This is so unbelievable. The NY Times, Washington Post, CNN & MSNBC have one goal in mind and that is to take down President Trump. If they can't do that they seek to at least minimize his effectiveness in getting his agenda passed through Congress. It is very frustrating and depressing at the same time. Please just let him just do his job! The Democrats and the press/media are the ones creating all the chaos and crisis. The hate Trump and will go to any means possible to discredit him. I hope Trump supporters will continue to back him and not be disillusioned by all the "fake" tainted news.

• Joy Hakes

05/16/2017 07:07 PM

I am so sick of everyone that's a Trump hater trying to sabotage this President. So tired of the news media's one sided stories and the Democrats stirring up trouble. I am a middle-class American living in the mid-west, (Illinois) we work hard for our money. We are tired of Washington throwing it away. We are also not stupid, Washington needs to get to work and stop crying fowl....move on...grow-up...get back to business. Trump is a breath of fresh air, he's working hard, a true American. Why is no one questioning Obama giving away billions of unmarked bills on a airplane in the night. Hillary lying, bleaching her emails. We are tired of the Ole Washington fat cats....we can see what your trying to do to Trump... stop working against him and us who voted for him.

• Marnie Lopez

05/16/2017 06:48 PM

To say it is exhausting to the rest of us is an understatement. I would love to have just one week where we are not bombarded with another "scandal" that turns out to be a non-scandal. I would love to have just one week where we did not have to witness the blatant disrespect for the president. Perhaps we could have just one day without the mountain of hypocrisy heaped upon us.

• Kathryne James

05/16/2017 06:48 PM

Mike, why is no one suing these jerks for defamation of character, liable, treason, or just plain being public nuisances? If it is illegal to falsely shout fire in a crowded establishment, surely there is some way to stop these diabolical destroyers of national well-being!

• Lisa Algarin

05/16/2017 06:46 PM

The MSM's ranting and raving is getting old. I have to admit that it makes me heartsick to continue to see our President maligned on a daily basis by hypocrites and liars. Why is it too much to expect truth? I hope and pray that a change in the political wind is coming and the Republicans in Congress wake up and defend the man that is in the White House. I know American's eyes are being opened to the corruption in Washington. I believe many of us knew it was bad but I don't think we expected it to be such a cesspool of duplicity and full of self-serving politicians. We need a revolution (to steal Bernie's word) among conservatives in this country. We need to heed Paul's words in the book of Ephesians 5:14 "Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light". Pray for eyes to be opened and for people to take their place in history before it is too late.

• Sharon Rose

05/16/2017 06:19 PM

I believe that these mutts need to be neutered ASAP!!

• Lanette Darrow

05/16/2017 06:19 PM

As a Trump democrat (44 years as a democrat) I couldn't be more happy with President Trump and more mortified by the majority of both parties. Comey said their was enough evidence to bring charges against Hillary, but not intent.

I want this American nightmare to end ASP! The President needs to charge Hillary and arrest her immediately for multiple counts of treason and if found guilty the death penalty is on the table, no bail. Offer her a free walk for her testimony on every corrupt politician in government. Fastest way to drain the swamp. Citizens have a right to a transparent government. Bullying the President must come to an end.
    HILLARY WILL ROLL OVER

• Cinde Gressel

05/16/2017 06:14 PM

I am so weary of the out of control bickering -- I say to President Trump -- charge on - We need all of the 'Washington Old Guard' out of Washington -- It is time for CHANGE -- I love that PRESIDENT TRUMP is shaking things up -- I only hope he has the thick skin of an elephant to withstand all of this nonsense ---

• Joseph Lapierre

05/16/2017 06:09 PM

Mike
    I really appreciate your articles. Can you please explain why all the criminals from the previous administration are not being charged or at least being investigated. Obama is supposed to have committed treason. So, why isn't he in federal prison?
    Why is George Soros still free? Why isn't the Justice Dept. going after him? I don't understand any of this. Back in my time (I'm 83) there is no way these things would've happened. Thanks

• Judy Espeseth

05/16/2017 06:08 PM

Does our nation need classes on recognizing when you're being bamboozled!! Discerning news people seems to be missing in many. Maybe logic might help as it is so crazy how news is being twisted. Sickening. Open your eyes folks!

• Beverly ODell

05/16/2017 05:48 PM

Fake news is indeed a problem, but far more damaging is the lack of support and loyalty from the GOP. A united defense is absolutely necessary to stop the MSM immediately when a new attack is levied against the President.

• MorbidlyCurious

05/16/2017 05:41 PM

One should go easy on such comparisons, out of respect for chihuahuas... :-)

• Michael Fanger

05/16/2017 05:37 PM

If there were not anarchy over insignificant items, the press would be trying to undermine the significant things President Trump is accomplishing.
    No crimes, no collusion, etc. and yet all the focus is on the emotion these things cause.
    While I wish sometimes he would not have said some things, I get it.
    I am a bit tired of listening to the MSM further degrade our President and I see the predatory game they play to an emotionally challenged nation for ratings.
    I also understand that given the condition of the World and our nation, change could not happen quickly any other way. Trump is beating the World at the game they have created, and it has them confused.
    It looks like nothing is happening and yet....the World is about to change and change quickly. Look how Every world leader reacts after coming out of a meeting with President Trump.
    Yes, nothing has happened.....yet. But look, LOOK.... did you hear what Trump said about transgendered squirrels. Of course you didn't. But you may soon and it will keep you aghast for weeks.

• Marsha Gallow

05/16/2017 05:36 PM

So if it was only the three in that room besides Trump, one must be the leaker? Or was their others in there beside those four? I would think they could start eliminating individuals until they catch the leaker, set a trap, or fire all. He needs to get rid of these type of people. Revamp his advisors and communications teams. He's got one of the best cabinets ever, then falls on his face with the two other that are equally important to be successful.

• Pauline Warren

05/16/2017 05:34 PM

After almost 6 months in office now I would have assumed that the leftist media pitbulls would have given up by now. They are so mad that Hillary didn't win and our President called them out for what they were, LIARS!!!!Trump is smart like a fox and I think he is doing what he is doing because eventually someone, somewhere will screw up and they will be caught. It cannot go on forever. Problem is will anyone have the guts to press charges and bring down the elite that are at the top of this. The american public is not stupid, unless your a democrat. So I guess it will be wait and see. I for one hopes he splits DC wide open and it bleeds out all the bad blood its been harboring like a cancer for years.

• Lela Wessner

05/16/2017 05:17 PM

I am so tired of the "bickering". It really needs to stop to make our country strong. I have no problem with accountability but every sentence and action is scrutinized and something fabricated from it. When Obama was questioned he ignored it and I think President Trump needs to do the same. Drop the Twitter responses and serve the country to the best of his ability without trying to defend every acquisation and lie. Haters are going to hate and they are bullies. I keep praying!!

• Joseph Luttmann

05/16/2017 05:14 PM

I am not a US citizen, but I follow up your politics very closely.
    I have been a conservative person for all my adult live, and I am conviced that following logic principles is the base of my succes.
    Unfortunately for the liberals there is no logic in their arguments and for this reason they have to use all this violence, fake news and wetherever they can to get the attention. Been such an ilogical people they have not realice that must of the intelligent people are turning against them and the best proof of it is the red US map in which about 95% of the counties vote republican.
    They know they are in bad shape, and out of arguments and this is the reason they have to go with this stupid behaviour insted of building for a better country.
    I used to watch you in Fox News. Your program was excellent. I hope you get back in the news to educate your fellow americans.

• JOnn Vee

05/16/2017 05:13 PM

If the Republicans are smart they will stand their ground AGAINST appointing a special prosecutor. The Dems have wanted one since their first witch hunt against Trump. Why? Because it's easier to bribe an individual or blackmail and individual than it would be to bribe and blackmail and entire committee, governing body or intelligence agency.

NO TO ANY SPECIAL PROSECUTOR. #bornatnightbutnotlastnight

• Steve Hopkins

05/16/2017 04:56 PM

All I have to say is that all of these news medias can't have there narrative stories ruined by facts .

• Jamie Garrett

05/16/2017 04:47 PM

'A house divided against itself cannot stand'- Lincoln (and Mark) Either the WaPo completely fabricated information, or we have an information leak that must be flushed. I personally believe the latter is true and it's been shown that the President can't speak freely from even the Oval Office. He must find this hull breach immediately, because we all know what loose lips do.

• Dr. Cliff Brickman

05/16/2017 04:46 PM

Blaming-and-Shaming and other terrible firms of communications are destroying the foundation of this country.

"The fiscal cliff by Dr Cliff"
    Shut-down and Deadlock

Just released today my concise book on Audible, about what's going on, why, and how to fix it! The new subtitle will be "DEADLOCKED - What-Why-Can-we-fix-It?"

Actually I like the subtitle I just wrote to you right above.

Governor Huckabee, have any comment or Reviews or dialogue?

Greetings & blessings!,
    from Dr. Cliff

• Mark gibs

05/16/2017 04:36 PM

Again, way off base. Trump admitted he did it. If the meeting was suppose to be so open, then why was the American Press kept out of it. Only the Russians attended and surprise, Kisliack was in the meeting. The individual who is deeply tied to Flynn, Kushner, Sessions and who know who else and their illegal contact with him, which they all conveniently forgot to mention or confirm on security clearance forms or when testifying before Congress. So we don't know what information Trump gave the Russians, and that's what needs to be investigated. Why is Trump so friendly with the Russians? What do they have over him? Is that dossier by the MI6 agent really factual? Trumps sons have both said that they get a lot of their funding from Russian sources, so we as Americans need to see Trumps taxes so we can find out who he is indebted to. It's not about Democrats or Republicans, it about America!

• Cherie rystrom

05/16/2017 04:33 PM

I read your posts every day and will not listen to any of the media.only the Lord can control these things and we pray always foryouand all the others that stand for truth

May 16, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Larry Godwin

• Kathryne James

05/16/2017 06:48 PM

• Lisa Algarin

05/16/2017 06:46 PM

• Sharon Rose

05/16/2017 06:19 PM

I believe that these mutts need to be neutered ASAP!!

• Lanette Darrow

05/16/2017 06:19 PM

HILLARY WILL ROLL OVER

• Cinde Gressel

05/16/2017 06:14 PM

• Joseph Lapierre

05/16/2017 06:09 PM

Mike

• Judy Espeseth

05/16/2017 06:08 PM

• Beverly ODell

05/16/2017 05:48 PM

• MorbidlyCurious

05/16/2017 05:41 PM

One should go easy on such comparisons, out of respect for chihuahuas... :-)

• Michael Fanger

05/16/2017 05:37 PM

While I wish sometimes he would not have said some things, I get it.

• Marsha Gallow

05/16/2017 05:36 PM

• Pauline Warren

05/16/2017 05:34 PM

• Lela Wessner

05/16/2017 05:17 PM

• Joseph Luttmann

05/16/2017 05:14 PM

I am not a US citizen, but I follow up your politics very closely.

• JOnn Vee

05/16/2017 05:13 PM

NO TO ANY SPECIAL PROSECUTOR. #bornatnightbutnotlastnight

• Steve Hopkins

05/16/2017 04:56 PM

• Jamie Garrett

05/16/2017 04:47 PM

• Dr. Cliff Brickman

05/16/2017 04:46 PM

"The fiscal cliff by Dr Cliff"
    Shut-down and Deadlock

Actually I like the subtitle I just wrote to you right above.

Governor Huckabee, have any comment or Reviews or dialogue?

Greetings & blessings!,