May 16, 2017

I don’t mind the political media exhausting themselves every day, making up fake news and running madly after every whiff of anti-Trump scandal like a pack of hyperactive Chihuahuas trying to chase down every car in a Walmart parking lot simultaneously. But it’s nearly as exhausting for the rest of us, just having to watch them.

For instance, after a solid week of yapping about James Comey’s long-overdue firing that they were all in favor of until Trump did it (sort of like how they admit his terrorist nation travel ban would be Constitutional, if any other President had issued it), the Washington Post set off yet another round of frenzied barking with a story claiming that Trump revealed classified information in a meeting about joint anti-ISIS strategy with top Russian officials. It had barely hit the news before dozens of Democrats were rushing to the cameras to demand an investigation and to call it “disturbing” and “reckless” (I’ll say this for them: they can’t govern worth a darn, but they have an amazingly efficient buzzword focus-group testing system.)

They were right about one thing: if it’s true that Trump inadvertently revealed classified data that might identify our intelligence sources to Russia, that would be a serious problem. I can say that with some credibility, because I also said that when Hillary Clinton did that very thing via her unsecure email server, back when all these people who are calling for Trump’s impeachment were brushing that off as nothing and trying to make Hillary President.

But this story set off “smell test” alarms from the get-go, in ways that even the writer noted. For instance, WaPo admitted that even if it were true, it likely wouldn’t be illegal because as President, Trump has the power to declassify information. Also, the story was based on unnamed “current and former officials.” Consider: we’re talking about an ultra-secure meeting of top leaders of two super powers to discuss classified anti-terrorist strategies inside the White House. How many “former officials” were likely to have been in that room?

We do know exactly which “current officials” were in the room: National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster, Deputy National Security Advisor Dina Powell and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. All three had to take time out of their busy schedules to state to the press in no uncertain terms that the story was false, it did not happen, and that no intelligence sources or methods were discussed that weren’t already part of the public record.

Was that clear enough to end the controversy? If you believe that, then you’ve never had to try to calm down a pack of Chihuahuas.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• bill convay

05/16/2017 04:32 PM

I see where all of the critics of President Trump, were at one time his friends, (publicly) and had their hand out for contributions come election time...Having just read "the big agenda" by David Horowitz, you get a pretty clear picture of the motives behind these attacks, and they will stop at nothing in their attempt to destroy Mr. Trump...Pogo said, "We have met the enemy and he is us", in this case the progressive, globalist, Democratic party!

• Mike Lynch

05/16/2017 04:27 PM

The media claimed multiple sources! I would like to know how multiple sources, who we hope were not in the room when those things were said, would have any idea what was said in a closed door meeting. It seems to me the only way this is possible is if the intelligence community was listening to the meeting via remote activation of cell phones, or they have bugged the WH, or were using some other method of surveilance.

• She Clarke

05/16/2017 04:24 PM

I am really tired of all this game news and where are the republicans backing him up? I really believe with each passing day the republicans are behind a lot of this. They knew they had no one to beat Hillary other than Trump and now are doing everything they can to obstruct him so that maybe he will resign and they can replace with someone else. I have never been more disappointed in the republican party. I am proud to be a conservative but embarrassed to be associated with the republican party.

• geraldine mulhern

05/16/2017 04:18 PM

I totally agree, our government is not allowed to do important work due to these malicious stories. I wish they would find the liars and take away their credentials. It is unforgiveable what is being done to President Trump and his Staff.

• Cecilia Moore

05/16/2017 04:18 PM

Mr. Huckabee, I don't think the Democrats will ever be happy till we are all dancing in the streets wearing rainbow colored tutus and singing praises to allah. I sure wish there was some way, that they would get the big wake up call that the silent majority are not falling for their brute force tactics, and are not giving up the good fight for America. I truly do not believe President Trump made any mistakes, just the liberal Democrats barking up an imaginary tree as usual. God Bless you and God Bless America, because we need him more now than ever.

• Mike Lesinski

05/16/2017 04:17 PM

It's sedition Mr Huckabee. Plain and simple. We have never seen anything like this, an actual coup attempt of a sitting and duly elected President of the United States (or what used to be the United States). You know what is most alarming Mr Huckabee? The complicit silence of the RNC and GOP Congressional members. They should be marching to the WH in unison and demanding, as one, that this attempted coup end. Instead, they are showing their true colors. SWAMP creatures, every last one of them. Thanks for your posts and defense of the President. This country needs more like you.

• Nancy Wright

05/16/2017 04:10 PM

These people make up their own stories. I think that The President is too smart to disclose something that is classified. They love to put out their own version out, usually something made up.

• Barbara Rush

05/16/2017 04:05 PM

I automatically disbelieve every story from MSM, should I accidentally learn of it. I don't watch or read MSM. I listen to Fox but do not always accept every word of it. The best way to get to the truth about Trump is to listen to Trump himself. He is truthful, trustworthy, and is not grandstanding to the press. The MSM is committing slow suicide with unreliable stories, biased reporting, and outright lies. I believe news reporting will be taken over by those internet news reporters who the public can trust.

• Richard Leedy

05/16/2017 04:02 PM

Even if there is an investigation concerning Russian collusion by an independent counsel selected by the Democrats, if that person doesn't conclude that President Trump is guilty, they will claim it was an invalid investigation and will demand another one until they get the verdict they want.

• Lee Kedin

05/16/2017 03:59 PM

Not sure if it's irony of sheer stupidity but if we are talking about the potential threat of bombs in laptop then that has been in the public domain for over a month. The behaviour of the liberal press is nothing short of scandalous and any free-thinking half-intelligent person will see lies and lunacy and dismiss their nonsense. The 'protesteth too much' if there is a Russian issue put up the evidence not anecdotal heresay...otherwise be quiet.

• Sandra Bennett

05/16/2017 03:59 PM

As was stated in the press conference - What took place was "wholly appropriate". The media refuses to hear that. They look rather foolish to me. On another related topic: I commented earlier on a different post in agreement on doing away with these ridiculous press briefings -- But, something occurred to me today as I watched. The rebuttals have been SPOT ON and informative. What is happening is like "free publicity" in defense of the president, and against the biased media for the benefit of those outside the media to see and hear. The media clearly attempts to undermine the president in every question an insinuation ...and anyone watching the circus, can see 1st hand how absurd they are! I'm thinking now it works in our favor - Perhaps keeping them is strategic for that purpose. Your thoughts??

• Joan Patch

05/16/2017 03:56 PM

I am beside myself having watched the press conference this morning. What's the most frustrating to me is how the press try to hammer their belief of this leak to be true as to go so far as asking if President Trump should be trusted to meet with leaders of foreign countries if he indeed revealed highly classified information (more fake news in the near future). I seriously could feel my blood pressure rising as I watched. President Trump and all the others that were in the room said he did not do this and that's enough for me. Will this ever end?

• Linda Liontos

05/16/2017 03:56 PM

I'm afraid I would liken the Dems to coyotes. They howl in the night, but won't come out in the light of day. They are all baying at the moon. I accept that Trump has made some missteps, but hasn't everyone at one time or another. He had Tillison in the room as well as McMasters, I'm sure Trump has the expertise handy to handle the situation.

• Christopher Miller

05/16/2017 03:54 PM

Mr. Mike, I don't know how those Democrats can be so childish. That's all it is, just being plain childish. Why can't they just keep their mouth shut and do their jobs instead of always trying to cause problems? They were elected and are being paid to go to work every day, and they can't possibly be able to focus on their work when they are constantly analyzing every little thing and looking for anything they can find to make Trump look bad. If Trump is that bad of a person and they just absolutely can't stand him, how bout FIND ANOTHER JOB!!! They need to quit wasting our money on a bunch of bull and instigation and go to work and do the job they are paid to do!

• Mike Spencer

05/16/2017 03:54 PM

Mike, these are my thoughts on this matter. I am leaning towards the idea that someone was given false information in the hopes that they might leak it to the Post or another fake news outlet. This may have been a ploy to catch the insider responsible for the leaks coming from the White House.

• Donna Bunning

05/16/2017 03:49 PM

Dems are hiding something BIG!! Bigger than emails, IRS cover up, Benghazi......all of it. I fear it's murder. Just saying....Smoke screens, hoping truth not to be discovered!!

• Linda Kerns

05/16/2017 03:49 PM

When I opened my tablet this morning I saw the yahoo and Facebook headlines/trump/Russia/blah-blah!! What a bunch of crap! It's a shame all The MSM are out to destroy the man I and america voted for!! I applaud his efforts to talk to other leaders around the world this is his job! Thank you Mike for stay true to America!!

• Patricia L Martin

05/16/2017 03:43 PM

Hi Mike,
    Every day we hear another leak. We see the MSM vultures turning the spin for the Liberal Dems. What they don't see is that America and American's between California and New York are sick and tired of their spin. We see President Trump working tirelessly to protect us and our nation. Ironically, these leaks always seem to come out right before another breaking scandal involving the Dems. So let's get to the real scandal in this, the Democrats, Hillary Clinton, Loretta Lynch, Susan Rice and James Comey. Comey, a limelight hog, who was protecting the entire pack of these wolves. I pray for an investigation into the latest "new" breaking scandal into the Murder of "Seth Richards." I truly believe in my gut...that the reason that the DNC's computers were not scrutinized was because there was something there on the lengths that the Dem's go to - to protect their pack. Let's add to this mess by Senators like McCain always running spin in the wrong direction, he has become the rat in the middle trying to decide if he is a Dem or a Republican. Then we have my home state Republican Senator, Pat Toomey, who is an ACLU attorney, trying to press charges against our President for the wrongful firing of Comey - Shouldn't that be some sort of ethics violation with a "Senator" acting as an Attorney to the ACLU, to go after a sitting president? Mike, I want nothing more than to see our DOJ start prosecuting all of the people I have named above - and I know, that many of my friends and acquaintances in Western Pennsylvania agree with me. We need and want the horrible "Swamp" in Washington, DC - Drained! May God Bless our President, Trump!

• Donna Warren

05/16/2017 03:41 PM

I'm so sick of the MSM. I don't believe a word they say. Everybody needs to watch OANN to stay informed.

• Marilyn Gast

05/16/2017 03:36 PM

People need to leave the president alone and let him be the President! Enough with all the hysteria already!

• Debra DeWitt

05/16/2017 03:32 PM

Spot on, as usual!

• Theresa McNee

05/16/2017 03:28 PM

I just think the democrats are doing everything to bring Trump down. There are so many more important issues to focus on and tired of hearing about these subjects! There are people out here struggling and some about to lose everything due to Obama. Some who were middle class! I am not saying that some things were due to my choice but this has gone passed my choice way too!

• Marijo Kirkland

05/16/2017 03:27 PM

Didn't Obama remodel or paint the Oval Office BEFORE he left? (Who does that?) Maybe he installed wireless bugs in every nook and cranny. They should scan for them daily! From: Marijo Kirkland, Miss OBU 1969 (the 3rd ever after Sharon Evans and Helen Rose Gennings)

• Margaret Evans

05/16/2017 03:24 PM

This may be a little bit off comment. You said you read these so here goes. I am the same age as President Trump. Have been hanging on to my home and my dignity since 2008 when all the lay offs started. At that time, I lost my job of 24 years and I tell you I have been scrambling to keep it together. This is the first time I have felt any hope for the future of this country and for myself. I have experienced age discrimination big time. We all need jobs! The last 8 years have been a nightmare. I have said lots of prayers and just kept on going. It all gets down to jobs and the safety of our great country. Mr. Trump is trying and I know he is working hard. But with all the crap that the media throws out there, there isn't enough coverage on the good things. What I would like to see is more people finding jobs. So here is one way that I don't see covered. Find jobs for the seniors. Make more jobs available for seniors with all their wisdom.

Experience Works is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of older people through training, community service, and employment

Our Strengths

• Helping employers take full advantage of the talents of older workers

• Helping older people who are low income or at risk of becoming low income

• Using community service as a pathway to employment

• Building strong relationships in local communities

• Addressing the challenges facing older people in rural America

Our Beliefs

• Older people should have an opportunity to learn new skills and contribute to their communities throughout their lives

• Employers who hire, train, and retain older workers will be most successful

• People who are productive and active will have better health, increased longevity, and a positive effect on their communities

• Gloria

05/16/2017 03:24 PM

I can't stand what's going on. I use to be a democrat because that's what my dad told me to do. After the last 8 years and the direction this country was going in I for this election switched parties. I never really followed politics but after seeing what the liberals do and what they are really all about I was embrassed. It's all about them not us. They are giving our country away and putting us so far in debt we will lose our country our way of life not to mention my kids and grandkids. We are so divided I'm scared. I think they are all out to get President Trump. No matter what he does won't be good enough. I believe what the people in the room said and I hope all this fake news stops. All the leakers need to be prosecuted. No claiming the fifth.No one should be able to claim the fifth. PRESIDENT TRUMP IS OUR PRESIDENT and he should be respected. For all politicians that won't work with any president should be fired and replaced. Work together or get out of government. One other thing what is good for the people should be good for them. No special 401 pay social Security like we do and they need to get same insurance. I bet if they all had to live like us they wouldn't vote for half this crap we are stuck with. Notice how many go in broke and come out millionaires. I wonder how that is. Them and there family members. We need people in office to fight for our rights. AMERICA FIRST.

• Glen Alan Graham

05/16/2017 03:21 PM

Mr. Huckabee, I once considered you one of the best of presidential candidates running under the GOP label. I also heartily agreed with your criticisms of Donald Trump back during the primaries. However, since Trump bought that victory in the electoral college (which flew in defiance of the fact that 3 million more voted against Trump than voted for him), you have blatantly turned head cheerleader for the dude. One might say that you sold your soul to the devil! And no, I didn't vote for Clinton; she is almost as unfit to be POTUS as is Trump. I voted for somebody much more centrist: Gary Johnson. At least when Trump is impeached and driven from office I can truthfully say: "Don't blame me, I voted for Johnson."

• christine giannini

05/16/2017 03:19 PM

Dear Mike please convey to our Dear President Trump: please Address, a select weekly press without Q&A. in rotation. Media hype is crippling your Agenda. Foreign countries can see through the BS as well as you and I. Run silent, run deep. Shunning works. no tweet, no balk, no side steps.
    He has our support!

• Leroy George

05/16/2017 03:18 PM

Has anyone considered it was the Russians that leaked the story? We know they wish to cause as much confusion as possible for our Government. When the media and dumacrats are chasing after this, and the Trump team addressing it they can do other things unnoticed.

• Susan Watson-Smith

05/16/2017 03:18 PM

I appreciate you clarifying this situation. When three high ranking officials are in the room and they all state that no classified info was leaked I feel confident they are telling the truth. It's such a shame that uber wealthy CEOs like the Ceo of Amazon, needs to buy newspapers and use them for his liberal and manipulative voice. His paper has lost all credibility. The sad part is he doesn't seem to care. Well thank you for continuing to provide clear and honest communication.

• Verna S. Clancy

05/16/2017 03:17 PM

Never fear. "smack" Ralph Peters, "smack" is on the screen telling us all "smack" we need to know and I figure it is anti-Trump. "smack"

• Elaine Stepinski

05/16/2017 03:16 PM

I haven't heard one democrat say anything good about our country. I feel all these politicians who forever go on about the president shouldn't have a paycheck. They are not doing ANYTHING for their constituents. People are far to quick to make a judgment about what is going on instead of what is going on behind the scenes. The White House should ignore 99.9% what news etc are saying.:-)

• Irene Erickson

05/16/2017 03:15 PM

Gov Huckabee. I voted for Preident Trump. I have stood behind him and I am proud to be Deplorable. I am getting so tired of this all. I do not watch any MSM news only OAN and Fox(except for Shephard Smith). But I must say I am to a point where I don't know what to believe anymore. God Bless America and watch over us????????????

• Alva Wayne Longino

05/16/2017 03:09 PM

Every day, several times a day, the main stream news attempts to disparage the president. Everything from collusion with the Russians to two scoops of ice cream and a diet coke. Let them continue with the nonsense until no one is left to listen to or read their lies.

Hopefully, the democrats will continue to believe the Russians and Comey stole the election, and ignore the truth - they are on the wrong track with most of us.

• Dr Belinda Gomes

05/16/2017 03:09 PM

Hello Gov. , you are always on point and explain the TRUTH so perfectly ! I can not add to your post but I wish you were President .... Or at least you could help this administration with communications !!!!! How did our media go from reporting news to pontificating their bias beliefs ???? We need you in this country ! I love reading your posts. Love you. Bless you.

• Sarah Priston

05/16/2017 03:03 PM

Enjoyed reading this. to bad our congress cannot agree with our President. Praying he will get the Swamps drained....soon. And then get on The Clinton case about all the so called friends of theirs that has come up missing. They need to come up missing along with Obama!!

• John Miller

05/16/2017 03:01 PM

Thank you Govenor! Someone with some common sense. A rarity in the media these days! Also, kudos to your daughter filling in for Sean Spicer. She was magnificent!

• Amy Pritchett

05/16/2017 03:00 PM

Mike, can you get some air time on an MSM outlet and put this utter nonsense to bed?

• Robin Ricker

05/16/2017 02:58 PM

The Democracts and media will refute ANYTHING that's has to do with Trump favorably. They refuse to acknowledge his accomplishments and commitment to this country. I see no way to combat this, you have to correct each attack or they push it as true. Of course they are slowly losing their party members as a lot of them don't want to be associated with their tactics. What else can we do?

• Patricia Towles

05/16/2017 02:56 PM

I could not AGREE with you more Gov. Mike Huckabee!!! You are so spot on!!! They are only making themselves look worse & worse, and more childish & deceitful by the moment! I cannot believe ANYONE would believe ANYTHING they say anymore, since they are bent on ONE thing and that is undermining anything and everything our President Donald J. Trump does right and making up the bad stuff!!!

• Linda Krief

05/16/2017 02:54 PM

The three U.S. officials that were actually in the meeting all stated that Trump did not reveal any classified material. Isn't that enough to close this story down?

• Maria Brock

05/16/2017 02:53 PM

Thank You Mr. Huckabee for veritas. I do not understand how the Mainstream Media keeps getting away with pure slander. When I saw that WaPo was the source of the story I guessed it was hogwash. Of course Facebook has it at the top of the Trending bar, which doesn't mean jack. Dr. Michael Savage says that if President Trump were to give every American below a certain income $100,000 each, the MSM would be insulted and say he should give 200,000.

• Patty Deleski

05/16/2017 02:52 PM

First I want to say I have the upmost respect for you and love reading your comments. I agree with you on the way the media treats President Trump. I am so tired of liberal crybabies. I know I am not alone, and that is why I don't watch or read any of the mainstream media anymore. Thank you for telling it like it is. Keep up the good work

• Larry Chavis

05/16/2017 02:52 PM

I agree, the WaPo story stinks to high heaven, and I have never seen such insane rage drive a whole political class to near-treason (appeals to foreign agencies to overthrow the president??!).
    That said, The administration and president do themselves no good when it appears they are shooting from the hip when these issues arise. And President Trump does neither himself nor the country any good when he seems to be swayed by the denizens of the swamp he was elected to drain--especially the ones with a big 'R' after their names: McConnell, McCain, Graham, Ryan, et al. We didn't elect him to preserve, protect, and defend their power and prestige. He has an opportunity--swiftly evaporating--to return us to a measure of real Constitutional governance; but not if he continues to let these self-important pretenders to power run the agenda. And, for God's sake, don't listen to Mike Lee and Lindsey Graham on who should be appointed as FBI director. No to Merrick Garland!
    Larry Chavis (formerly of Pine Bluff, Ark.)

• Rhonda Stepp

05/16/2017 02:50 PM

I am A firm believer that it all depends on who's name is attached to it. Look how they treated the Hillary leaks that they KNEW was true. they brushed it under the rug like it never happen. And NOW that the "ALLEGATIONS" have come out about President Trump they are out like A pack of dog's. I will say like I said with Hillary if he is guilty of doing something illegal I will be the first to say he should face the punishment. I told my husband I feel like we are living in A episode of '24 I am waiting for Jack Bouer to come on the scene and shut them all up. Love you mike and May God continue to bless you =)

• John Silva

05/16/2017 02:45 PM

Spot on Mr. Huckabee! This none stop harassment and obstruction is way past old. One good thing about it. America get's to see the lefts true colors, and it's embarrassing that the democratic party has fallen so low.

• Holly Travis

05/16/2017 02:44 PM

Where are the counter-active measures to these insidious fake stories, calling for constant investigations, saboutage of the office of the president, etc., etc. Why are there not more consequences for falsely undermining the POTUS, or falsely printing/ disseminating information to undermine POTUS? That's not free speech, that's propaganda.

• Keith Christner

05/16/2017 02:43 PM

Dear Mike Huckabee;

We are all tried of this stuff going on and on , if the elected people would spend the energy that they do to unite as they do to fight, then maybe we could have a great Country once again.There is right and there is wrong, too many politicians have made a good living off our backs and sweat and have not done a damn thing to help this Country they just take and then want more. ENOUGH time to drain the swamp.

• Wayne Andres

05/16/2017 02:37 PM

We are living in an age when what was formerly right is not viewed as wrong and what was formerly wrong is now seen as right. Common sense is no longer valued. Everyone now does what is right in his own eyes. Our times are those of lies, deceit, scandal, selfishness, obscenity, vulgarity, disrespect of authority. We can no longer trust most of the news most of the time. Stories that we see and hear that relate to government and world affairs are heavily biased; in fact, little more than propaganda from the left-leaning, liberal media. But here's the thing and we need to keep reminding ourselves of this: God is still on the throne and He will do what is right in His eyes.

• Lola Smith

05/16/2017 02:34 PM

My understanding about the freedom of press is that the Press has so many rights because they have to get the truth out there. However with them spouting so many false fake libelous news stories it might be time to look at charging them for liable fraud Criminal Intent to libelous speech xcetera? Why aren't we doing that? This text was done with a speakerphone so I apologize for any punctuation errors.

• Cheryl J Bottass

05/16/2017 02:34 PM

Gotta laugh at pathetic media. Wouldn't know a real story if it bit em in their chihuahua tails, but boy they jump on the lies. Thanks for standing with the President and the truth. It's important.

May 16, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• bill convay

• Maria Brock

05/16/2017 02:53 PM

• Patty Deleski

05/16/2017 02:52 PM

• Larry Chavis

05/16/2017 02:52 PM

Larry Chavis (formerly of Pine Bluff, Ark.)

• Rhonda Stepp