Trump-ist language

August 17, 2018 |

I’ve said many times that I wish President Trump would think twice before hitting the “Send” button on Twitter.  Even as someone who generally agrees with his policies, I often wince at the unpresidential language (I liken it to the culture shock from the language I encountered as an Arkansas-bred Baptist the first time I visited New York City.)  But if you’re going to criticize Trump’s tweets, at least do it honestly and criticize him for what he actually said.

Example: his recent blast at turncoat former aide Omarosa Manigault Newman in which he referred to her as a “dog.”  I certainly understand his anger, but if he thinks she’s a dog, he should remember that when you lower yourself to get into a dogfight, all you end up with is fleas.  So that was unfortunate enough without some in the media making the stretch that the term dog was racist and/or sexist.  As this link shows, Trump has previously used the word “dog” to describe a number of people he was feuding with, mostly white males, including Mitt Romney, Bill Maher, David Gregory, George Will, rapper Mac Miller, Michael Wolff, David Alexrod and the list goes on and on.  It’s obviously not racist or sexist, it’s just Trump-ist.

In fact, if anyone should be offended at being compared to politicians and media celebrities, it’s dogs.  Why slander dogs?  Harry Truman said if you want a friend in Washington, get a dog, and I assure you he meant a real dog. Dogs are selfless and noble creatures. Trump would have been much better off giving that White House job to an actual dog than to Omarosa.  The dog would have been hard-working, fiercely loyal for life and never bitten the hand that feeds it.

It also probably would have done a better job.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Katherine Bulaski

08/17/2018 08:27 PM

I love President Trump's Tweets, but I have to admit that I wish he would read them before he hits the Send button. Maybe he should write them to get it out of his system and then delete them. He'll feel better and no one will ever know the difference. I hate to see him discredit himself like that when he is doing so much for the Country and his positive Tweets mean so much. I hope he will resist the urge to hit that Send button when he is upset or angry about something. Believe me I know how easy it is to "get it off your chest". Either way, I am still a loyal supporter and will vote for him again in 2020. He's the best.

• Tracy Nutt

08/17/2018 08:09 PM

I agree with you sir! I support our administration but I often wonder why President Trump just wont take the high road at times! By the way, I adore your daughter!!

• Elizabeth Pinkocze

08/17/2018 07:01 PM

I agree, wish he would just count to 10 before he hits send, but when I read and hear what the msm is saying about him, family, people who work for him, I do get it. I have read the comments on this page and I am overwhelmed with the hatred, pure hatred people have for this man. I have never seen in my entire life (71yrs) or read the comments and vulgar hate by people. I pray every day, I don't know what else to do. I am also amazed that these folks think they can tell us that we have to get rid of a man that we elected?

• sharon jenkins

08/17/2018 06:49 PM

I agree with you. I am glad to an extent that he is not PC but I think he goes to far. I will continue to support him.

• Lila Mallonee

08/17/2018 06:24 PM

Mike, many people online are insulted for their dogs over being compared to this woman..

I would enjoy if President Trump would tone his talk down also.
    However we are not under constant attack by every idiot in the country..and he did get to the office by fighting back.. maybe he could choose his battles better..

• Brenda J Books

08/17/2018 06:23 PM

Agree!! I do wish he would just let some things go, sometimes better off not reacting or acknowledging some of this "banter" .... but, I get he is a fighter, which I like and can relate too .... but even myself have learned to not always react .... believe me, it's not easy!

• Maria Marcu

08/17/2018 05:48 PM

Well said

• Cynthia McLean

08/17/2018 05:46 PM

I totally agree. I wish he'd chosen another animal that is comparably dispicable rather than our beloved dogs. However, I generally enjoy the Trumpisms!

• Ann Webb

08/17/2018 05:38 PM

I agree in that I too wish he would think before speaking, but I love my President Trump and what you see is what you get.

• Sheri Sanseverino

08/17/2018 05:36 PM

I agree, his words can at times leave you with your mouth gaping open. However, he’s real. The reason we voted for him was because he didn’t hold back. He was actually being ‘nice’ when he called her a dog, because I’m pretty sure the word ‘bitch’ was probably going through his head. So toning it back to dog was refraining for him. However, what if he had called a guy a dog? Don’t think people would have reacted to quick. Women are wanting their equality with guys, then no special soft treatment should be allowed.

• louis wachsmuth

08/17/2018 05:30 PM

Dear Mr. Huckabee, maybe the problem with the rude terms that Trump uses is that, in his soul there is nothing 'presidential.' Maybe this man is completely over his head, lacking the brains, morals, and heart to be a leader of people. Why not admit you were wrong and ask your readers for forgiveness in the promotion of a unstable, wicked, self-centered human? Do you not care that the whole non-christian world is speaking badly about the name of Jesus because of the moral compromise the evangelical world has made?

• Beverly Jones Miller

08/17/2018 05:23 PM

You are as sharp witted as ever, Mile. Keep up the good work. (We were concerned fir your health a fre urs ago and thrilled all if yiy are doing so marvelously).

Love to your entire family from the Miller kids and myself (and their familes) from ole BSFBC in Ttown.

Ethel died in 2006.
    I stopped at 12 lids, have 11 gks and 1 ggk. Ended up a Nurse Practitioner and naturopath. Spent 15 yrs in NoVA, 10 in raleigh, and headed back to Dulles soon.

How about that little Satah of yours?!? What a gangbuster. She has Janet’s momma traits and yiur wit. I join with 100,000,000 patriots to send love and respects!

• Jim childs

08/17/2018 05:19 PM

Governor, I completely agree with you. Mr Trump should get off Twitter for a while or use common sence when tweeting. I cringe when I read such responses as the one to Omarosa.

• Terri deere

08/17/2018 04:52 PM

I have followed you for years and went to your campaign stop in Davenport. I follow your tweets, your show and I am so impressed with your daughter Sarah sanders. I voted for you in the primaries. So few people can still be a Christian and live in the swamp of Washington. I know trump is crude and edgy but I do back his policies. I much rather read your tweets than his! Don’t lose fighting for truth with kindness and dignity. You are my man governor huckabee. Run for anything and you have my vote!

• Theresa Green

08/17/2018 04:32 PM

Trump is actually speaking to liberals in their native tongue when he tweets things that make southern baptist Christians wince. It’s the only language they understand.

Trump-ist language

August 17, 2018 |

It also probably would have done a better job.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Katherine Bulaski

08/17/2018 08:27 PM

• Tracy Nutt

08/17/2018 08:09 PM

• Elizabeth Pinkocze

08/17/2018 07:01 PM

• sharon jenkins

08/17/2018 06:49 PM

• Lila Mallonee

08/17/2018 06:24 PM

I would enjoy if President Trump would tone his talk down also.

• Brenda J Books

• Terri deere

08/17/2018 04:52 PM

• Theresa Green

08/17/2018 04:32 PM

Trump-ist language

August 17, 2018 |

It also probably would have done a better job.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Katherine Bulaski

08/17/2018 08:27 PM

• Tracy Nutt

08/17/2018 08:09 PM

• Elizabeth Pinkocze

08/17/2018 07:01 PM

• sharon jenkins

08/17/2018 06:49 PM

• Lila Mallonee

08/17/2018 06:24 PM

I would enjoy if President Trump would tone his talk down also.

• Brenda J Books