This will come as shocking and sad news for fans (and for HGTV), but Chip and Joanna Gaines have announced the upcoming season of their smash hit show “Fixer Upper” will be their last. The show has made the couple into beloved TV stars, wealthy entrepreneurs, and easily the most famous couple in Waco, Texas. So why walk away at its peak? Because unlike many celebrities, they know that some things are more important than TV stardom.

They say their family is healthy and their marriage has never been stronger. But their lives aren’t led by fame, money or pop culture, they are led by Jesus Christ. They said, “This is just us recognizing that we need to catch our breath for a moment. Our plan is to take this time to shore up and strengthen the spots that are weak, rest the places that are tired and give lots of love and attention to both our family and our businesses."

I’m sure all their fans wish them the best, even if they’ll miss the show. Here’s hoping they enjoy the rest and the time with their family, and will someday decide to return to TV if it again feels right for them. Television not only needs the kind of entertainment they offer, it’s in even more desperate need of role models like them.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM.

• Nancy Carolan

10/02/2017 02:37 PM

I just discovered Fixer Upper this past winter and am disappointed to see it end. I completely understand and admire this couple for putting family first. I wish them all the best. I wish we had more television programs like this

• Marie Morris

10/02/2017 01:59 PM

We have enjoyed you all so much. Do what is right for your family. Praying for wisdom. God Bless you.

• Robbie Mize

10/02/2017 01:57 PM

If only there were more like them! I appreciate their decision and you are never wrong when following God's leading. Blessings Chip & Joanna! I will just watch reruns if there are any!

• Linda Kay Bingham Cornett

10/02/2017 12:58 PM

This is very admirable of them, putting family before the tv show. God bless them and their children. I will miss the show, however.

• BJ

10/02/2017 12:53 PM

Your last statement could not be more true! Missed indeed.

• Karen Harper

10/02/2017 12:53 PM

I love Fixer Upper and will miss new episodes but their decision just makes me love and respect them even more. They are honoring God when they value their marriage and family more than the money and notoriety. God bless them and I wish only the best for them and their precious family.

• John Clark

10/02/2017 12:33 PM

They are a very entertaining couple, and one could tell how solid of a relationship they had by how they worked together. Blessings on their future; they have everything to gain. As far as HGTV is concerned, remember this is the network that ousted the Benham brothers just because they didn't support gays. So, if HGTV is the loser here, that's fine with me.

• Christy Anne Vaughan

10/02/2017 11:45 AM

Amen! God's continued blessings on the Gaines and Huckabee families!

• B.j. Matthews

10/02/2017 11:24 AM

Thank you for your article, well said! It seems to me that HGTV & others would take hold of the need & popularity of 'family programming and especially Christian ethics!

• Ingrid Forsberg

10/02/2017 11:19 AM

Amen to what you said. The Internet sure is trying to make this seem/imply that Chip & Joanne are in a scandal. The truth of the matter is they are the kind of people who make America great and they are raising their children with the values they live, not just spout.

• Sharon A Theriault

10/02/2017 11:05 AM

Yay!! for them. They are leaving a legacy of wholesome and fun entertainment, along with some fabulous ideas for us to incorporate into our own homes. Can't tell you how many I have talked to that now want white cabinets in their kitchens... including me. May God bless their future endeavours.

• Lyn Smitgh

10/02/2017 11:01 AM

Love this show!! But more important, love that they have faith and love their family. God bless you!! PS come to Utah and do more home on the QT :)

• Carolyn Simansky

10/02/2017 10:46 AM

I'm sure all they have said is true. Doing a show like this and running a business has to be taxing to a family. But in my mind, in addition to the above, I feel pretty positive that the very liberal HGTV may be pushing them into working with non-traditional "families" including those who live together, etc. And they see it is no longer worth the fight with HGTV or the Gaines may be being totally pressured out by HGTV for not kowtowing to the liberal agenda.

• Mary Dagley

10/02/2017 10:45 AM

With all the negative and provocative shows and ads on television these days, I feel is not a atmosphere for such a respectable couple or there family. I pray God give you a lead and a road to travel to help others....Good luck with your future and your family......stay in touch.

• becky

10/02/2017 09:41 AM

well said.....they are standing on solid ground

• Debe Deehan

10/02/2017 09:14 AM

I would love his couple and enjoy the show. It all the natives press,. They probably eo need some downtime. I hope they return. And, aI love Sarah Huckabee Sanders!

• Jill Mize

10/02/2017 09:06 AM

Love this show! My family will miss them and their family.

• Linda Heath

10/02/2017 09:01 AM

I agree. I will miss new episodes of Fixer Upper....especially Chip's goofiness. I pray rest and redirection for them. Even Jesus went to a place alone to pray and be with the Father. I wish them well.

• Linda Green

10/02/2017 08:58 AM

God bless them and good luck to them.

• Patti Driskell

10/02/2017 08:57 AM

I agree. GOD FIRST FAMILY SECOND. I WILL MISS THE SHOW BUT I'M GLAD THEY ARE PUTTING GOD FIRST. WE DEFINITELY NEED MORE SHOWS AND PEOPLE IN THIS FALLIN WORLD LIKE THEM. PRAYING FOR THEM AND THEIR FAMILY

• Trudy Tedder

10/02/2017 08:40 AM

Good for them. They know what's really important.

• Lynn Faulkner

10/02/2017 08:39 AM

While I have treasured the time spent watching Chip & Joanna make silk purses out of sows' ears, I fully understand the reasoning behind their decision and trust that God will honor their decision to put Him and their family before commerce or fame. He is faithful to those who honor Him.

• Shellie

10/02/2017 08:37 AM

You are so right. I support them and will look forward to their return if it is God's will.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM.

• Nancy Carolan

10/02/2017 02:37 PM

• Marie Morris

10/02/2017 01:59 PM

• Robbie Mize

10/02/2017 01:57 PM

• Linda Kay Bingham Cornett

10/02/2017 12:58 PM

• BJ

10/02/2017 12:53 PM

Your last statement could not be more true! Missed indeed.

• Karen Harper

10/02/2017 12:53 PM

• John Clark

10/02/2017 12:33 PM

• Christy Anne Vaughan

10/02/2017 11:45 AM

Amen! God's continued blessings on the Gaines and Huckabee families!

• B.j. Matthews

10/02/2017 09:41 AM

well said.....they are standing on solid ground

• Debe Deehan

10/02/2017 09:14 AM

• Jill Mize

10/02/2017 09:06 AM

Love this show! My family will miss them and their family.

• Linda Heath

10/02/2017 09:01 AM

• Linda Green

10/02/2017 08:58 AM

God bless them and good luck to them.

• Patti Driskell

10/02/2017 08:57 AM

• Trudy Tedder

10/02/2017 08:40 AM

Good for them. They know what's really important.

• Lynn Faulkner

10/02/2017 08:39 AM

• Shellie

10/02/2017 08:37 AM

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM.

• Nancy Carolan

10/02/2017 02:37 PM

• Marie Morris

10/02/2017 01:59 PM

• Robbie Mize

10/02/2017 01:57 PM

• Linda Kay Bingham Cornett

10/02/2017 12:58 PM

• BJ

10/02/2017 12:53 PM

Your last statement could not be more true! Missed indeed.

• Karen Harper

10/02/2017 12:53 PM

• John Clark

10/02/2017 12:33 PM

• Christy Anne Vaughan

10/02/2017 11:45 AM

Amen! God's continued blessings on the Gaines and Huckabee families!

• B.j. Matthews

10/02/2017 09:41 AM

well said.....they are standing on solid ground

• Debe Deehan

10/02/2017 09:14 AM

• Jill Mize

10/02/2017 09:06 AM

Love this show! My family will miss them and their family.

• Linda Heath

10/02/2017 09:01 AM

• Linda Green

10/02/2017 08:58 AM

God bless them and good luck to them.

• Patti Driskell

10/02/2017 08:57 AM

• Trudy Tedder

10/02/2017 08:40 AM

Good for them. They know what's really important.

• Lynn Faulkner