From the Interesting-But-Not-Surprising Department: The Democrat establishment, including Obama-era “deep state” bureaucrats such as former FBI Director James Comey, former National Security Advisor Susan Rice, and former CIA Director John Brennan have something in common besides support of Hillary and hatred of President Trump. They've come out solidly in support of Joe Biden.

It didn’t require Obama’s official endorsement of Biden for them to know he was the one to back, the one who would best serve their interests.

Comey was proud to tweet that he had voted in his first Democrat primary because that was the party dedicated to “restoring values” in the White House. (I’ll pause while you fall to the floor, helpless with laughter.) He went on: “We need [a] candidate who cares about all Americans and will restore decency, dignity to the office. There’s a reason Trump fears Joe Biden and roots for Bernie.”

So, Comey wants to restore decency and dignity to the office of President? Who did he think was going to restore decency and dignity to the office of FBI director after he screwed it up so badly?

Andrew Bates, director or rapid response for the Biden campaign, reportedly tweeted this (according to THE HILL): “Yes, customer service? I just received a package that I very much did not order. How can I return it free of charge?”

After getting some pushback on that tweet, he clarified: “I forgot the #1 rule of politics, which is if you talk about anyone or anything related to 2016, common sense goes out the window. It was meant to be a lighthearted joke – not a rejection. We appreciate the vote of anyone repelled by Donald Trump.”

Bates was in a quandary, as a Comey endorsement during the primaries doesn’t necessarily help Biden. That’s because of Comey’s announcement, shortly before the 2016 election, of the FBI’s re-opening of Hillary’s email investigation, widely seen by Democrats as damaging to her prospects. (I believe he was actually trying his best under the circumstances to minimize the damage Hillary had caused to herself with the use of a private server and the appearance of her emails on Anthony Weiner’s laptop, but what can you do when someone has flouted the law so egregiously?)

Susan Rice tweeted a picture of herself embracing Biden, with a message from the heart: “I’m proud to endorse Joe Biden for President. Here he is comforting me on 1/4/17 just after my mother passed away. There is no one kinder, more empathetic and caring than Joe Biden. He will lead America with the same deep compassion and decency.”

Biden would naturally support a friend after the loss of her mother, and he surely has moments of extreme kindness. On the other hand, I know we can all think of many things Biden has said that did NOT show a glimmer of compassion or decency or even comprehension of reality. One that quickly comes to mind for me is something horrible he said about Republicans: “They’re gonna put y’all back in chains.” He plays the race card. He calls people names. He picks fights at town halls with those who disagree with him. Plus, on many occasions he doesn’t seem to know what state he’s in, what the Declaration of Independence says, or what media personality he’s talking to.

John Brennan tweeted that “Joe Biden is one of the most honest, decent, practical & experienced individuals with whom I have ever worked. If nominated and elected, he is capable of unifying our country & restoring America’s standing around the world.”

Not to imply something truly nefarious about Biden personally, but with that line coming from Brennan, I can’t help but be reminded of a similar line from THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE: “Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.”

The article from which I took these pro-Biden tweets makes a good point: that this group is part of a vast network of powerful figures with assets in the media, Hollywood, and political party offices who will do everything they can to get Biden the nomination. I would add that if he gets it, they’ll be pushing for him to win in November like we’ve never seen before. Even if he’s gradually losing his mental faculties --- I can’t say for a fact that this is happening but it increasingly seems to be --- they’ll push for him anyway. A feeble-minded 80-year-old figurehead is fine with them if he has the right “figures” behind him, running things.

With the party and the bureaucracy pushing Biden as the nominee, it strikes a nerve whenever someone suggests their convention will be rigged to keep Bernie off the ballot in November. In case you haven’t seen it, former DNC chairwoman and current FOX NEWS contributor Donna Brazile totally lost her mind when this was brought up by RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel. She actually told McDaniel, repeatedly, to go to hell.

She said Republicans “don’t have the kind of democracy we see on the Democratic side.” (Pause for laughter.) She also said Republicans were using “Russian talking points” in order to “sow division among Americans.” That was when she sowed division by telling Ronna to go to hell on live TV.

"We are not trying to prevent anyone from becoming the nominee,” Brazile insisted. “If you have the delegates and win, you will win. This notion that somehow or another Democrats are out there trying to put hurdles or roadblocks before one candidate, that’s stupid.”

And then she goes full-on with the phony “Russia” narrative: “[Republicans] need to be [focusing on] preventing foreign interference in our elections. Stop using Russian talking points, Madame Chairwoman. Period. Stop using it.”

McDaniel tweeted later: “It’s ok...I’d be having a bad day too if my party was still hopelessly divided. Talk of a brokered convention and the DNC trying to stop Bernie Sanders obviously hit a little close to home.”

Indeed. Recall that it was Brazile herself who slipped Hillary three questions in advance of one of the 2016 presidential debates. No wonder this struck a nerve.

But be ready to hear about “Russia” whenever Biden is challenged by Republicans. The same people who originated the false “Russia” narrative against Trump will use it to help Biden now. Conveniently, the real hard-core Russia aficionado, Bernie Sanders, is assisting in that effort by going pedal-to-the-metal Castro-loving commie.

Oh, and just to end with something really hilarious, here’s Hillary Clinton in a Super Tuesday appearance on ABC’s GOOD MORNING, AMERICA, in which she slams the Sanders campaign and stresses the importance of following the rules. You have to admit that any time Hillary lectures other people about following the rules, that’s pretty funny.

• Ronald J Hart

03/04/2020 11:14 AM

While I don't like "name calling" (after all, that's what Democrats tend to do), at this point I associate Democrats with the adjective "despicable."

• Elva Ewell

03/04/2020 11:13 AM

Still think they are trying to hang on to the Democrat establishment which is not their party any more.
    Just like Republicans fought against change but in our case, it was good. Their far left is farther still..

• Susan Holden

03/04/2020 11:13 AM

I am a Trump supporter in Missouri, but I sure wish I knew a way to get him to stop tweeting demeaning comments about competitors. I am glad he tweets information that the news might report incorrectly, but it is so unprofessional some of the comments that he makes about other people. Even I am getting tired of it and embarrassed--and afraid it will hurt him. It just makes him look small. If you have any input to his inner circle, I am sure that you get this feedback from others also.

• Brenda Robinson

03/04/2020 11:12 AM

Good morning Govenor...My opinion has always been that all roads lead back to Obama. Brennan is big in the deep state. They’re all liars. It’s frightening because I feel they’re for a one world leader. And I will continue my fight. Not for myself but for my grandchildren and great grandchildren.

• James Robert Huffman

03/04/2020 11:10 AM

Once again you are right on the money

• Jackie S Wolf

03/04/2020 11:09 AM

Wow your right the talk about following the rules when they talk about anyone but themselves. Sad day in America when you have a socialist or a less than sharp person running for president for a political party. I’ll trade Trump for President any of the other candidates. I’ll take Trump for anyone considering a run for the presidency. Donald J Trump may not be as polished as people in government because he speaks truth and I’m standing in the wall for President Trump!

• Rick Locke

03/04/2020 11:08 AM

What are they smoking back there in D.C.? This is the lesser of two evils? They want "Quid Pro Quo Joe" as their candidate? (Did they see the video?) Yikes!

• Mary Jill Busam

03/04/2020 11:06 AM

Every one of these deep state criminals have got to be held accountable. President Trump has got to win in November and the deep state will do whatever it takes to keep that from happening. If they were in prison, where they should be, we could actually elect our President without worry of deep state interference.

• Steve McDonnough

03/04/2020 11:04 AM

It seems to me you may be insinuating that Comey, Rice and Brennan huddled up and had a great big group hug, and decided it may help to save their own a$$e$ if they back the one as dirty or dirtier than they are. That's a good strategy and their only hope. I pray that it backfires.

• Steve Turman

03/04/2020 11:00 AM

It’s just about to be spring time, the swamp will bloom like you have never seen before. I think it all that extra manure it’s getting from likely sources. Chicken is best!

• Anne Turner

03/04/2020 10:58 AM

The DNC best be very picky about whom they pick for BP. If Biden is indeed slipping. That person will become President. I suspect it might be Buttigieg. That would be so politically correct and he has an appealing personality. I can see the GOP watching fir every slip Biden makes. There is such a thing as being too old. I am near eighty and although I am very active and productive, I know that I am not as sharp and energetic as I once was. A President has to be able to react very fast many times a day.

• Norman Leal

03/04/2020 10:58 AM

How can Biden run for President? He admitted to bribing a foreign country on TV.

Disgrace how California voted for a Socialist, Sanders. Wages are good for most people working in California yet they vote Socialist. Take from those working to give to those who don't want to work. Our schools aren't teaching students properly.

• Charles Simmons

03/04/2020 10:52 AM

With crystal clarity, we now see that a vote for any democrat candidate in any capacity is a vote to fully upend USA in favor of just another totalitarian dystopia, a nation-wide version of a Potemkin Village.

• Ronald J Hart