May 11, 2017

Here’s a proposal that will ruin a lot of TV commentators’ expensive hairdos when it makes their heads explode: How about Trump appointing South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy, the pitbull of the Benghazi Select Committee and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, as new FBI Director? He’s tough, qualified and would work well with Attorney General Jeff Sessions to accomplish Trump’s goal of restoring the FBI’s and DOJ’s reputations for no-nonsense law enforcement. Even one former Democratic member of the South Carolina legislature said his fellow Democrats would hate him for saying this, but Gowdy would be the best choice: he’s a straight shooter and honest as the day is long.

I’m trying to decide whether the Democratic leadership in Washington would think that Gowdy’s part in investigating Benghazi or his being “honest as the day is long” is a bigger disqualification for federal office.

• Jamie Lapp

05/12/2017 10:05 AM

I love Trey Gowdy, but I would like to see Sheriff David Clarke chosen for the next FBI director. Wisconsin is proud of Sheriff Clarke.

• Dana B. Ross

05/12/2017 10:01 AM

Absolutely!!

• JanC

05/12/2017 09:39 AM

I would support Trey Gowdy in whatever capacity he served!! Let's ruin some dos!

• Phyllis Larimer

05/12/2017 09:28 AM

I think Trey Gowdy would do an excellent job in this or any other position.

• Lesa Prince

05/12/2017 09:00 AM

I think this would be an excellent pick for FBI director. He needs to continue to drain the swamp in the FBI of anyone who was a proponent of Comey. The agents all need to be totally unbiased and bring charges against all the Clintons and their croanies including the Obamas, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Susan Rice, Rob Emmual etc. Trump has got to make good on his promise of "locking her up". The sooner the better so they can have no impact on anything in the future to bring socialism to America. George Soros need to be caught in the criminal net cast over these dispicable politicians.
    And our insurance system, legal system (tort reform and and jail sentences), and pharmaceutical companies have got to be rendered ineffective in ruining lives due to their power to control our lives with their greedy practices and demands.

• Vivian Cooper

05/12/2017 08:44 AM

Absolutely, Trey Gowdy is the best choice for FBI DIRECTOR. He's completely honest and trustworthy for one thing, and he's a true Patriot. He never gives up! Trump would be crazy not to name him above anyone else.

• Tammy Hipsher

05/12/2017 08:26 AM

Trey Howdy would be my first choice!!!!

• Harriet Steele

05/12/2017 07:35 AM

I agree with you Mike! Trey Gowdy would be the appointee that finally makes the liberals heads explode! What a sight to see!

• ann musselwhite

05/12/2017 06:58 AM

Yes!!! I love the idea! Trey Gowdy would be great.

• Nancy Bradley

05/12/2017 04:51 AM

Trey Gowdy is a political rock star! He would be great as FBI Director.

• Kevin Sigler

05/12/2017 04:38 AM

Where have you been Mike? America has been recommending him for FBI director since the email crisis started.

• Peggy Anderson

05/12/2017 04:07 AM

I totally agree with your choice . Mr. Gowdy has earned my respect with his direct no nonsense approach through his enormous wealth of knowledge regarding the laws of the nation. One might also consider Condaleeza Rice, if she would be willing... Last note...please tell your daughter what a great job she does handling the press!

• Peggy Anderson

05/12/2017 04:05 AM

• Carmen Dorrell

05/12/2017 03:50 AM

Strongly Agree!!!!
    A man of Law and respects our Constitution!
    Highly educated, high standards and a man that will get things going!

Trey, doesn't leave any stone unturned, and does not care what the opposition thinks! A strong constitutional leader!

• Ellen McGuire

05/12/2017 03:11 AM

Absolutely!

• Teresa Moore

05/12/2017 02:32 AM

Trey Gowdy is the most honest and knowledgeable of everyone affiliated with the U.S. government. I believe everything he says. He doesn't miss a beat and anyone he interviews or questions is between a rock and a hard place if that person is considering lying or withholding the truth. Mr. Gowdy should serve in the position that makes the best use of his amazing skills.

• Peggy Wood

05/12/2017 12:59 AM

Yes, Trey would be the best and had earned it!

• Diane Hilton

05/12/2017 12:37 AM

Trey Gowdy should be FBI Director

• Linda Wiesner

05/12/2017 12:32 AM

Governor Huckabee I doubt you could be more correct in your opinion of Trey Gowdy. He seems like a very capable and trustworthy man. Our country needs people in power that are honest and uncorrupted. People who love our country enough to do what is just and right.

• Kurt Farnkoff

05/12/2017 12:31 AM

Trey Gowdy would make an awesome FBI director! He knows the law so well!

• Linda Wiesner

05/12/2017 12:30 AM

• John Pearson

05/12/2017 12:29 AM

Governor, being from SC I gotta say Trey would be an excellent choice. He's very professional and I'd like to see him in that role. He'll help drain the swamp.

• Nancy Harvey

05/12/2017 12:16 AM

I think Trey Gowdy would be a great FBI Director,he is honest & trustworthy &I think he will bring out the real truth of all this Russia mess &Hilary needs to face the turth &be prosecuted.

• Jen Ikeda

05/12/2017 12:11 AM

Trey Gowdy as FBI Director would be great!!! Please make sure President Trump knows that this is who the people want!! We also want our elected GOP to fight back-stop cowering! Get a backbone-we are tired of it! If u can't fight them get out of politics. BTW-I love your funny tweets-keep them coming!

• Tammy Baker

05/11/2017 11:56 PM

I like Trey Growdy and yes he be great but I like to see sheriff Clark as FBI director because I like Trey Growdy to stay in Congress because the corruption is so deep and he will hold our Congress accountable and does not have problem calling them out for their wrong and we need that. Both men be great.

• Jody Bruno

05/11/2017 11:34 PM

Yes, love Gowdy for FBI director. Always thought he was honest and non-biased... He has my vote ! ??

• Lynda Creed

05/11/2017 11:31 PM

Unfortunate that when making a sound decision, today it must always be weighed against HOW it will be received by the media and Democrats. Trey Gowdy is qualified, and would be an excellent choice for FBI or a number of positions. Let's choose the best person to represent us with whom we can have confidence.

• Lynda Creed

05/11/2017 11:30 PM

• Linda Moore

05/11/2017 11:13 PM

I agree!
    Trey Gowdy would be great and make the FBI an organization America could be proud of again.
    The problem is the crazy Democrats will never agree to it. Guess it would be another vote requiring nuclear...

• Desiree lake

05/11/2017 11:13 PM

I'm frustrated at how Washington is doing everything to try and make Trump fail. He fails. We all fail. Praying for you all.

• Pat guthrie

05/11/2017 10:51 PM

Yes, he would be great. He's just what we need.

• Kit White-Thomas

05/11/2017 10:47 PM

I would like to see Trey Gowdy for the new FBI Director. If you have any doubt, take a look at the grilling he gave Clinton over Benghazi. If Trey Gowdy isnt a choice, then I would choose Rudy Giuliani...Trey Gowdy is a upstanding defender for Justice.He is tough and he pulls no punches. He gets right to the issues at hand and he doesnt back down until he is satisfied with the answers. If President Trump chose him, he would have someone in place in the FBI who will take their job very seriously and not waiver from getting at the truth. He will make sure Justice is served correctly and the Constitutional Laws are followed just as they are written.

• Jim Dozier

05/11/2017 10:45 PM

Exactly what I said when I heard Comey was fired.

Allow me to offer this suggestion to whomever is appointed; Create a panel of only Democrats, to continue the Russian investigation. If there is nothing to find, then they will own the results and hopefully stop complaining about it.

• Kathy Mohne

05/11/2017 10:31 PM

Trey Gowdy would bring back respect to the FBI as Director. I will be ecstatic if President Trump chooses him!

• Helen Jarrell

05/11/2017 10:28 PM

I think he would be a great choice. Dems. will not go for it, but he would be the best, and still young enough to deal with 10 yrs,

• Betty Keever

05/11/2017 10:01 PM

I would love to see him be the FBI Director.

• Robin Botner

05/11/2017 09:36 PM

Excellent choice!

• Michael Carroll

05/11/2017 09:35 PM

Hey Governor.....Trey Gowdy would be the greatest choice. That will be a nice step on the way to his future presidency. Additionally, wantef to congratulate your daughter on the job she's done... especially the last couple days. Anderson Cooper is getting beat up a little for his eye roll while interviewing KC. But that paled in comparison to the two main hacks at MSNBC! Not sure I have seen such disrespect. MIKA Whatshername is a real hack and Sarah handled herself like a real pro, though next time Sarah needs to hit her with a few of her awesome verbal assaults.

• Beverly Anderson

05/11/2017 09:35 PM

I'm in for Goudy!! Would be a great choice!!

• Georgina Molnar

05/11/2017 09:18 PM

I think he would make a terrific FBI Head. I think he is great.

• Patricia Vatakis

05/11/2017 09:18 PM

I would LOVE to see President Trump choose Trey Gowdy as the new FBI Director. Mr. Gowdy is one really smart man!!

• Dawn Crull

05/11/2017 09:14 PM

Where can he best serve the people....we need a lot of Gowdy's

• Susanne Elston

05/11/2017 09:00 PM

Mr. Huckabee I think that is a wonderful idea. I would like to see you in a crucial role in President Trump's cabinet as well. God Bless.

• Diane Arguin

05/11/2017 08:45 PM

Love Trey Gowdy!!! He would be an excellent choice!

• Linda Redondo

05/11/2017 08:40 PM

Trey Gowdy was the first person that came to my mind! We need someone who is an advocate for the law and not a partisan. Someone who follows the FACTS and let the chips fall where they may!

• Nancy Andretta

05/11/2017 08:25 PM

I think Trey Gowdy would make an excellent Director of the FBI; however, I like Trey Gowdy too much to see him going through the hysterical inflamatory vitriol that would come at him from the Left.

• Dennis Kuempel

05/11/2017 08:19 PM

Trey Gowdy was made for this job. Honest, fair and dedicated.

• Sonya Robinson

05/11/2017 08:17 PM

I think it has to be Trey Gowdy if you want to restore the reputation of the FBI. It is well known that he believes in Law and Order and is incorruptable.

• Sonya Robinson

05/11/2017 08:13 PM

I think if you want to restore the reputation of the FBI and shut down the narrative from the Democrats that Comey's firing was about the Russian Investigation then Trey Gowdy has to be the guy. It is well known that he is all about Law and Order and that he is incorruptable.

• Paula Payne

05/11/2017 07:59 PM

YES!!! Trey Gowdy is the man!!! I had always hoped Trump would give him a job when he won. He is awesome! Also just wanted to say Mike that your daughter is fantastic filling in for Sean Spice. I've watched her everyday and she doesn't take no crap. She's one tough cookie and tells it like it is. She was phenomenal today!

May 11, 2017

• Jamie Lapp

05/12/2017 10:05 AM

• Dana B. Ross

05/12/2017 10:01 AM

Absolutely!!

• JanC

05/12/2017 09:39 AM

• Phyllis Larimer

05/12/2017 09:28 AM

I think Trey Gowdy would do an excellent job in this or any other position.

• Lesa Prince

05/12/2017 09:00 AM

• Vivian Cooper

05/12/2017 08:44 AM

• Tammy Hipsher

05/12/2017 08:26 AM

Trey Howdy would be my first choice!!!!

• Harriet Steele

05/12/2017 07:35 AM

• ann musselwhite

05/12/2017 06:58 AM

Yes!!! I love the idea! Trey Gowdy would be great.

• Nancy Bradley

05/12/2017 04:51 AM

Trey Gowdy is a political rock star! He would be great as FBI Director.

• Kevin Sigler

05/12/2017 04:38 AM

• Peggy Anderson

05/12/2017 04:07 AM

• Peggy Anderson

05/12/2017 04:05 AM

• Carmen Dorrell

05/12/2017 03:50 AM

Strongly Agree!!!!
    A man of Law and respects our Constitution!
    Highly educated, high standards and a man that will get things going!

• Ellen McGuire

05/12/2017 03:11 AM

Absolutely!

• Teresa Moore

05/12/2017 02:32 AM

• Peggy Wood

05/12/2017 12:59 AM

Yes, Trey would be the best and had earned it!

• Diane Hilton

05/12/2017 12:37 AM

Trey Gowdy should be FBI Director

• Linda Wiesner

05/12/2017 12:32 AM

• Kurt Farnkoff

05/12/2017 12:31 AM

Trey Gowdy would make an awesome FBI director! He knows the law so well!

• Linda Wiesner

05/11/2017 11:13 PM

I agree!

• Desiree lake

05/11/2017 11:13 PM

• Pat guthrie

05/11/2017 10:51 PM

Yes, he would be great. He's just what we need.

• Kit White-Thomas

05/11/2017 10:47 PM

• Jim Dozier

05/11/2017 10:45 PM

Exactly what I said when I heard Comey was fired.

• Kathy Mohne

05/11/2017 10:31 PM

• Helen Jarrell

05/11/2017 10:28 PM

• Betty Keever

05/11/2017 10:01 PM

I would love to see him be the FBI Director.

• Robin Botner

05/11/2017 09:36 PM

Excellent choice!

• Michael Carroll

05/11/2017 09:35 PM

• Beverly Anderson

05/11/2017 09:35 PM

I'm in for Goudy!! Would be a great choice!!

• Georgina Molnar

05/11/2017 09:18 PM

I think he would make a terrific FBI Head. I think he is great.

• Patricia Vatakis

05/11/2017 09:18 PM

• Dawn Crull

05/11/2017 09:14 PM

Where can he best serve the people....we need a lot of Gowdy's

• Susanne Elston

05/11/2017 09:00 PM

• Diane Arguin

05/11/2017 08:45 PM

Love Trey Gowdy!!! He would be an excellent choice!

• Linda Redondo

05/11/2017 08:40 PM

• Nancy Andretta

05/11/2017 08:25 PM

• Dennis Kuempel

05/11/2017 08:19 PM

Trey Gowdy was made for this job. Honest, fair and dedicated.

• Sonya Robinson