May 11, 2017

Here’s a proposal that will ruin a lot of TV commentators’ expensive hairdos when it makes their heads explode: How about Trump appointing South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy, the pitbull of the Benghazi Select Committee and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, as new FBI Director? He’s tough, qualified and would work well with Attorney General Jeff Sessions to accomplish Trump’s goal of restoring the FBI’s and DOJ’s reputations for no-nonsense law enforcement. Even one former Democratic member of the South Carolina legislature said his fellow Democrats would hate him for saying this, but Gowdy would be the best choice: he’s a straight shooter and honest as the day is long.

I’m trying to decide whether the Democratic leadership in Washington would think that Gowdy’s part in investigating Benghazi or his being “honest as the day is long” is a bigger disqualification for federal office.

• Dean Haas

05/11/2017 07:50 PM

Yes, absolutely!

• Dawne Larkin

05/11/2017 07:44 PM

Of all the truly competent & patriotic legislators left in government, Trey Gowdy has risen before us, the people, as a true bright and shining beacon of wisdom, soundness and valore. He personifies our desire for truth, justice, fairness upheld for each and every citizen, beautiful & diverse from coast to coast.

• Norma gilson

05/11/2017 07:39 PM

Yes he would be a good one

• Dianne Cannon

05/11/2017 07:37 PM

Trey Gowdy is the right choice that can quickly find the truth in all these rediculous allegation. Plus he is not afraid to reopen cases...

• Sandra Blanz

05/11/2017 07:26 PM

Would love for Trey Gowdy to become FBI Director.

• Diana millard

05/11/2017 07:26 PM

Yes, Mr. Huckabee, I can see him in that roll. The Dems will probably say it is a conflict of interest since he did participate in the Benghazi investigation but to me it makes him all the more qualified to finally axe Hillary for her many misdeeds. I respect you and trust you completely. Thank you for giving your time to us little citizens so we will know the truth. P.S. I voted for you first but am happy with Pres. Trump's performance.

• Jean Sigut

05/11/2017 07:19 PM

I agree 100%
    I was hoping from the start that Trey Gowdy would be something like that. I really respect and admire him. Maybe after trump he could be president one day!

• Roberta Bannon

05/11/2017 07:09 PM

I certainly feel that Trey Gowdy would be an exceptional Director of the FBI, and I know that my opinion is shared by many. Unfortunately, I think we all realize that anyone President Trump nominates will be unacceptable to the left. Sad for all of us.

• Rosemary Scott

05/11/2017 07:00 PM

Mike, I love your comments and your humor, we could use more humor these days! I also love how you see deeper inside situations and come up with such common sense, logical solutions that don't seem to enter the minds of most of the politicians and media. All they seem to think about is their political affiliation, not what is best for America! You get right down to the heart of it all. Trey Gowdy would be an excellent choice, if he would consider taking the job. He's a straight shooter, doesn't take any bull (from anyone!) and has the intellect and background to do an outstanding job. Keep up the great work, love seeing your posts!

• William schiller

05/11/2017 06:59 PM

Trey Gowdy for FBI Director...for sure!
    There are so many memes on Facebook asking for this.
    Please, make it happen!
    By the way, your daughter's doing a great job at the press conferences. She needs to stay!

• billie mitchell

05/11/2017 06:42 PM

Yes, I think Trey Gowdy would be an excellent FBI Director.

• James Domenech

05/11/2017 06:37 PM

Please... tell TRUMP to put Sarah in for Spicer. We love her!

• Dixie Shaffar

05/11/2017 06:35 PM

Trey would be good. I wish they would somthing to stop big mouth of Dems. Why can't they work together do the work we elected them to do? This country has spoken cry babies need to get the big girl and boy panties on and go to work. The election is over deal with it or go home and shut the heck up '!!!!##??

• Carolyn Martin

05/11/2017 06:30 PM

I think TRey would be excellent as FBI director. However I do think we need him in Congress since it is so screwed up. It is such a shame how they are treating our president. It is as if none of us Americans mean anything to them. We hired Donald Trump to help us, and they don't seem to care about the people. So maybe Trey should stay there.

• Karen tongate

05/11/2017 06:29 PM

America needs trey gowdy for FBI

• Annie Schneider

05/11/2017 06:21 PM

Trey was an excellent prosecutor, if you've ever seen the two episodes of " Forensic Files" where he appears. When interviewed on camera he is professional and doesn't betray confidential information. He has great knowledge of and respect for the law. He'd be a great FBI Director!

• Vera Kinsey

05/11/2017 06:15 PM

Absolutely thing Trey would be great!

• Manor Hill

05/11/2017 06:11 PM

He's THE BEST pick for sure, 100%! YES for TREY GOWDY??????

• Joseph Stansell

05/11/2017 06:11 PM

I think your daughter does a great job feeling in for Sean. She don't let them get away with anything.

• H J Williams

05/11/2017 06:08 PM

Trey Gowdy ' s knowledge of the law does the country excellent service where he is. Giuliani is a proven investigator and is the right man for the job.

• Virginia bader

05/11/2017 06:06 PM

TREY GOWDY WOULD BE PERFECT FOR REBUILDING THE TRUST OF THE FBI AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. HE IS A STAND UP MAN.

• Gerald Schumacher

05/11/2017 06:03 PM

It is my understanding that Trey Gowdy is one of three being considered, the other two being Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani. If that is true than I would prefer Gowdy over those two liberal traitors. That being said apart from that Gowdy would not be in my consideration. Gowdy is an actor to make it seem like the republicans are trying to get something done to get votes all the while he gets nothing done. He is loud and speaks with a big stick, but never uses it. In the last 8 years of hearings even when the republicans had control he had absolutely nothing to his credit in being done except spend tax payer money on worthless hearings. Lastly he is not a Christian which means he is not being led by God. I would rather see someone like General Norman Schwarzkopf who is a Christian and would get things done.

• Michael Quigley

05/11/2017 06:01 PM

I love The Gowdy. A ton. But I think we need him in a much more public view. We need clear, articulate, genius spokespeople. Gowdy is always crystal clear and always completely up to the minute informed.

• Lou Dalrymple

05/11/2017 05:56 PM

My belief is that he is saving Gowdy for the Supreme Court. Governor Huckabee, you would be an excellent choice for Director of the FBI. Your daughter did a good job today in Spicer's place. She would do well as his replacement if that is being considered. Kindest regards.

• Karen Hollifield

05/11/2017 05:53 PM

Trey Gowdy would be excellent but he is needed to take Paul Ryans place as Speaker of the House, I think he more valuable there.. I think Sheriff Clark would be great or even Allen West. There is also a judge that was taken off the bench as they tried to remove him too. Sorry but don't remember his name... Even Sheriff Arpaio but I do think someone younger to hopefully stay in....

• Kim

05/11/2017 05:52 PM

I absolutely love the idea of Trey Goudy as the next FBI Director. My only concern is that he is a Republican. The man is a bulldog and fiercely upholds our Constitution. But you know the Democrats will make it nearly impossible for him to be confirmed. They are so entrenched in their conspiracy theories that most can no longer differentiate fact from fiction or good from bad.

• Suzanne Cuthbert

05/11/2017 05:47 PM

I have a lot of respect for Mr. Gowdy, he would be an excellent choice. Which is why the democrats would never go for it. On a completely different subject, your daughter is doing a fantastic job dealing with the press!

• Concetta Burfeind

05/11/2017 05:41 PM

Mr Huckabee: Trey Gowdey would be an EXCELLENT choice to head the FBI. He pulls no punches and I trust that he would be the pit bull this country needs to fix this mess we are in. Please push out this message. Thank you.

• Elliot Sartin

05/11/2017 05:38 PM

I want to keep Mr Gowdy as our senator. he can do more as a Senator. i nominate sheriff Clark for the post of FBI director.

• Eric Fara

05/11/2017 05:36 PM

Hell yeah. I'd be all for this Trey. He doesn't put up with any bs. That's exactly what we need right now.

• Vicky Borges

05/11/2017 05:32 PM

Mr. Trey Gowdy was the first person that came to my mind after learning that President Trump had fired Mr. Comey. He is an honest man, always has been. He is direct and to the point and most importantly, values our constitution above all. I think he would make an outstanding FBI director.

• Dana Bratcher

05/11/2017 05:31 PM

I nominated Trey Gowdy on Twitter Tuesday when story broke. He will be awesome.

• Cindy Dister

05/11/2017 05:30 PM

I would love Trey Gowdy as FBI director but the Dems will never approve it!! By the way your daughter is doing a great job hammering the press ! Love her!!

• Barbara A Abshere

05/11/2017 05:26 PM

Trey is the perfect person for the job with is bulldog tenasity he is my first choice.

• Pj gibson

05/11/2017 05:26 PM

He is a good choice. Regardless of who it is, the democrats will probably filibuster and make a big issue. They are so partisan that they refuse to do any work but complain and attack. Trump just needs to pick who his advisors and he decides and go with it... praise Jesus for the Nuclear option since they is the only way things are getting through congress right now. The democrats refusing to vote for anything Trump/Republican makes getting anything done in Congress a challenge... hopefully the Republican will band together. McCain needs to be reeled in along with the other few stragglers... so far, Trump/Pence are doing a great job of keeping things moving despite the pushback and constant attacks from the left.., you Mr Huckabee also keep the logical, moral and ethical positions out front. Thanks.

• Ivy Sandstrom

05/11/2017 05:25 PM

Yes! He is the man for the job. He has clear thinking and knows how to cut through the mud that is thrown out to confuse the issues!! He is not swayed and knows what is and isn't important. I would be so pleased if he was the FBI director.

• Scott G.

05/11/2017 05:23 PM

No on Gowdy. Although all of us GOP cheer... Gowdy known as a dog on Dems by national voters. If the GOP is not scared we need to get a lifer FBI person who we know will pursue the truth no matter what. Look what we did for the VA! Trump elevated a long time VA person even though the VA is totally mismanaged! Shulkin the head of VA also received 100 - 0 vote in the Senate! So a lifer FBI person.

• Kathy Barnes

05/11/2017 05:21 PM

I think he would be a great choice. This doesn't have anything to do with Trey Gowdy but I wanted to tell you I think your daughter has done an excellent job covering for Spicer. You should be very proud of her.

• Sid Lejeune

05/11/2017 05:21 PM

I like the choice of Gowdy and I believe he would vigorously pursue the best interests of the American people, as well as the executive mandate of this administration: drain the swamp!

• Robin Cashio

05/11/2017 05:20 PM

I would love to see Trey Gowdy as FBI director. I would never doubt any of his findings.

• Denize Whitsell

05/11/2017 05:16 PM

Trey Goudy would be a dream come true to alot of Americans like me. May God guide President Trump on this and all decisions he makes.

• Joel Casoria

05/11/2017 05:14 PM

Yes Mike....Trey Gowd
    y is the logical choice for FBI Director....

• Elaine Abraham

05/11/2017 05:12 PM

Trey Gowdy is perfect for the job.

• Lisa Grayson

05/11/2017 05:02 PM

Trey Gowdy is an invaluable asset to this country, and his expertise and moral fortitude make him the perfect person for FBI Director.

• Susan Jones

05/11/2017 05:02 PM

I like the idea of Trey Gowdy but I feel he is much more useful where he is.

• James E. Madison

05/11/2017 05:01 PM

Trey Gowdy is a good man, but please leave him in Congress. There are thousands of qualified people to run the FBI. Most retiring judges spring to mind. The appearance of partisanship is not good. Politicians are by definition partisan.

On the other hand, if you appoint a Democrat senator from a state with a GOP governor, say Liz Warren... that would be wonderful. Of course, you can always fire the newly appointed FBI director for incompetence, too.

• Marcia Scott

05/11/2017 05:00 PM

Absolutely Trey Gowdy. He seems to be a no nonsense kind of guy. What we need to head the FBI right about now. So frustrated by all the corruption in our government. I love our President Donald Trump. He's doing a great job and are insurmountable circumstances.

• Rebecca Sorensen

05/11/2017 04:55 PM

If my previous comment is posted, thank you very much (not) auto-correct for changing Mr. Gowdy's last name to Goodyear. Trey Gowdy would be an excellent choice for director of FBI.

• Brenda Copeland

05/11/2017 04:51 PM

I love the idea. I posted it on a friends wall yesterday morning when all this started going nuts. He seems to really be interested in the truth and not campaigning all the time.

• Michael Taimi

05/11/2017 04:50 PM

Congressman Trey Gowdy will be the perfect man for the job @FBI Director. Trey Gowdy will bring trust back to the US. Government after all these damages has been done.

May 11, 2017

• Dean Haas

05/11/2017 07:50 PM

Yes, absolutely!

• Dawne Larkin

05/11/2017 07:44 PM

• Norma gilson

05/11/2017 07:39 PM

Yes he would be a good one

• Dianne Cannon

05/11/2017 07:37 PM

• Sandra Blanz

05/11/2017 07:26 PM

Would love for Trey Gowdy to become FBI Director.

• Diana millard

05/11/2017 07:26 PM

• Jean Sigut

05/11/2017 07:19 PM

I agree 100%

• Roberta Bannon

05/11/2017 07:09 PM

• Rosemary Scott

05/11/2017 07:00 PM

• William schiller

05/11/2017 06:59 PM

Trey Gowdy for FBI Director...for sure!
    There are so many memes on Facebook asking for this.
    Please, make it happen!

• billie mitchell

05/11/2017 06:42 PM

Yes, I think Trey Gowdy would be an excellent FBI Director.

• James Domenech

05/11/2017 06:37 PM

Please... tell TRUMP to put Sarah in for Spicer. We love her!

• Dixie Shaffar

05/11/2017 06:35 PM

• Carolyn Martin

05/11/2017 06:30 PM

• Karen tongate

05/11/2017 06:29 PM

America needs trey gowdy for FBI

• Annie Schneider

05/11/2017 06:21 PM

• Vera Kinsey

05/11/2017 06:15 PM

Absolutely thing Trey would be great!

• Manor Hill

05/11/2017 06:11 PM

He's THE BEST pick for sure, 100%! YES for TREY GOWDY??????

• Joseph Stansell

• Eric Fara

05/11/2017 05:36 PM

• Vicky Borges

05/11/2017 05:32 PM

• Dana Bratcher

05/11/2017 05:31 PM

I nominated Trey Gowdy on Twitter Tuesday when story broke. He will be awesome.

• Cindy Dister

05/11/2017 05:20 PM

• Denize Whitsell

05/11/2017 05:16 PM

• Joel Casoria

05/11/2017 05:14 PM

Yes Mike....Trey Gowd
    y is the logical choice for FBI Director....

• Elaine Abraham

05/11/2017 05:12 PM

Trey Gowdy is perfect for the job.

• Lisa Grayson

05/11/2017 05:02 PM

• Susan Jones

05/11/2017 05:02 PM

I like the idea of Trey Gowdy but I feel he is much more useful where he is.

• James E. Madison