August 8, 2019

Many Trump supporters have reached their breaking point from all the groundless accusations of racism and white supremacy being leveled at the President –- and, by extension, at THEM. Count me among that group; I’ve never seen anything like this in my life. If you are unfortunate enough to be watching CNN (maybe you’re stranded at the airport), you will think the whole world has gone freaking crazy. But it really hasn’t. We know what’s going on: Democrats desperate to retake power are caught in the grip of a mass hysteria.  They've simply shifted focus from "Russia" to "racist."

Trump is no more a white supremacist than he is a Russian agent, yet that nonsense was all we heard for three years. Breathless reporters accused Trump of conspiring with Vladimir Putin to get elected President, which would make him a traitor to his country and subject to punishments up to and including execution. When that fantasy fizzled, and the dream of impeachment faded (until they can stir it back up), it had to be replaced by something else just as baseless and far-fetched. Now, instead of being an election-stealing puppet of Putin, Trump is a card-carrying, hood-wearing, cross-burning, code-talking, immigrant-hating white supremacist. And so is anyone who supports him, or even just doesn’t sufficiently hate him.

I know Donald Trump well, and have gone on record saying I don’t believe he’s racist. In order to maintain that he is, his political enemies have had to twist his words and say he meant something other than what he did. Prime example: For the thousandth time, Trump was NOT talking about white supremacists in Charlottesville when he said there were “good people on both sides.” He was talking about the good people who disagree on whether or not to take down historic Confederate monuments. There ARE good people speaking from their hearts on both sides of that argument. When I hear people distort what Trump was talking about here, it leads me to dismiss everything else they have to say. They are helping perpetuate a lie, either deliberately or through ignorance. There are countless examples of this.

How do you prove someone is not a racist? They say it’s impossible to prove a negative, but, actually, in this case, it looks to me as though we pretty well can. There’s just no evidence that Trump is a racist, but plenty to suggest that he is not. Andrew J. Stein, a former president of the New York City Council and former president of the Manhattan Borough, says in a new piece for THE HILL that he’s known Trump since 1973 --- that's close to half a century --- and has “never seen any indication of any form of racism.”

Trump certainly doesn't always choose his words in the most sensitive way, but he has shown he cares about people of all races by what he has DONE. (Why is it that, to Democrats, paying politically-correct lip service to “oppressed” groups is so much more important than actually helping them?) According to Stein, when black or Hispanic groups have needed help, Trump was there –- typically without publicity. For example, when Stein needed to get donated materials down to Puerto Rico after a devastating hurricane in the 1980s, he called Trump, who provided them with a 727 jet. Gosh, he must have forgotten that Puerto Rico is full of “brown people.”

When it’s money that will help solve the problem, Trump will write a big check. Trump helped pay for the senior center for the largest black church in Queens. Sometimes it’s to help an individual or family, as when he helped get an African-American woman with two young kids off the street and into low-income housing, also in Queens.

Stein points out that Trump’s criticism of Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland had nothing to do with Cummings’ race, though Cummings is doing all he can to further the false “Trump is a racist” narrative.  I'd put it this way:  Trump said Baltimore was a rat-infested mess because Baltimore is a rat-infested mess. He was speaking an obvious truth. Trump is no more racist than the rats, who don’t notice the color of the people in a homeless camp or trash-strewn sidewalk or slummy apartment complex before deciding to “infest” it. Rats are an equal opportunity infestation. They would “infest” Nancy Pelosi’s lovely San Francisco home if they could, but her household staff would quickly dispense with the rodent problem, something the City of San Francisco fails to do for the people of all colors who walk its streets.

Trump is also being called a racist for voicing/tweeting some well-deserved criticism of “the Squad,” that group of four ultra-leftist women “of color” (the meaning of which has now apparently expanded to encompass all non-whites) who now –- unbelievably, considering the hateful things they say –- are members of Congress. Does anyone actually think that if these women were white, Trump would treat them any differently? (And he didn't tell them to "go back to the countries they came from"; that is yet another misquotation.)  That’s the thing: Trump treats people the way he feels they deserve to be treated, regardless of their race. Being “of color” does not –- and should not –- make anyone immune to criticism. Only a racist would look at someone’s color to decide how to treat that person.

But back to Stein’s piece. He goes on to point out things Trump has DONE as President to help economically distressed communities, like creating empowerment zones through tax incentives and grants. Trump also pushed through the First Step Act, bipartisan legislation designed to reduce mandatory sentences for low-risk inmates with good behavior, so they can begin to rebuild their lives. Stein also mentions that unemployment for blacks and Hispanics is currently the lowest it has been in 60 years.

Trump will never please the leftists no matter what he says or does, and neither will we. It’s pathetic, though; accusations of racism are really all they have now. Simply refuse to accept that label. Laugh at their desperation. It’s going to be up to us to reject as incorrect their false narrative of racism on the right.

Without that, they have nothing.

Deployed In Washington

Fruit Of The Abraham Accords

Tanden Withdraws Her Nomination

• Tom Kessinger

08/08/2019 05:37 PM

Well Mike I just learned that I a white supremist and a racist. Doesn’t surprise me though. I’ve been a Donald Trunmp supporter since the beginning of his campaign for the Presidency. Every time the Democrats have said that name calling junk (I could and should use stronger words than Junk) about our President I took it to heart that they were saying t about me because when they were attacking his opinions they were attacking something I totally agreed with sojust call me racist because it has fewer letters to type and I’m not too superior to anything. Tom

• Robbie Mize

08/08/2019 05:21 PM

Well said, I cannot think of anything else to add. Unless it might be that what we need is for hearts to change and to know what my Savior Jesus Christ can do for them all. Thank you for your honest reporting and trying to keep us all on an even keel!

• Harold Levi

08/08/2019 04:31 PM

The Leftist (Democrat=Nazi=Communist=Socialist=Progressive) nut cases know their game will be done forever if they can not get ALL Conservatives (Republicans) removed from office. In the early 1920s, the Republican Party repudiated the Communists. After the Roosevelt's were elected the Communists latched on to the Democrat Party like a leach and have never let go.

• Elizabeth N. Mayer

08/08/2019 04:03 PM

You always put things so well. It makes me nuts that all most people see is the constant accusations of racism, white supremacy, etc. among all the other lies. Keep commenting, please!!!

• Beverly Jean Bradshaw

08/08/2019 03:42 PM

Just thought I'd let you know I already voted on illegals getting social security. Wanted also to let you know today my hubby and I have been married for 54 years. Also I do not know how to add you to my address book. bev

• Robert McFate

08/08/2019 03:39 PM

Their harping on racist is turning off much of the country! Just like Castro outing Trump donors it turned out some of them people donated to both parties which turned them off on the DemonRATs. Most people don't believe racism is still a problem in our country and will turn against them because of their use of it as a weapon!

• James Henley

08/08/2019 03:39 PM

The hatred between the Democrats and President Trump is created and increased hatred of Americans with each other. While it’s obvious the Democrats are just looking out for themselves and Trump is looking out for America as a business, neither are looking out for Americans

• Carl SmithMy

08/08/2019 03:31 PM

My comment went to Cyberspace? Have I been censored?

• Timothy Ward

08/08/2019 03:21 PM

Good afternoon Mike

I read your piece and I whole heartedly agree with you and Mr. Stein. We are in the middle of a democrat childish melt down and temper tantrum, that is an actual coup attempt in progress nothing more.

This President has delivered more positive results for blacks and hispanics, than any president in my lifetime.

He was not my first choice to represent the country as a conservative leader, in fact he was my third choice. You sir were my first choice, followed by Dr. Carson.

But Mr. Trump has taken this country by the horns, and delivered on at least 75% of his campaign promises fighting for Americans from every race, creed, and background. And has accomplished it even fighting with republicans who bend over more for democrats than Ned Beaty did in Deliverence!

As far as the outcry from cheaters like Scarborough or his adulterer partner Mika and the Hollywood elitist go, in regards to his Alleged racist comments about Elijah Cummings, I can honestly say while Mr. Cummings once stood for the black families he has long forgotten the warnings of Dr. Martin Luther King, and has sold out his soul and would be the modern day equivalent of the Black African Slave rustlers who sold out family and friends for a profit to the slave merchants.
    You see I was blessed as a child to have walked with Dr. King, he held my hand.
    Elijah Cummings may have walked with Dr King, but I have never forgotten his words, Elijah Cummings obviously has.
    Peace be with you all!

• James Huffman

08/08/2019 03:20 PM

I totally agree with your comments and was very pleased with Dr. Martin Luther Kings niece who spoke today on Fox news also supporting our President. When are the other networks going to stop covering news that is unimportant and not true.

• Lee Schuh

08/08/2019 03:01 PM

Calling someone a racist means you are a socialist. Call someone an American means you are a patriot

• Donna Viola

08/08/2019 02:40 PM

Dear Mr Huckabee,
    Thank you for the uplifting report on our president. I'm a 71 year old cancer fighter that longs for the peace and goodness I experienced as a child, for my grandchildren. I am a firm supporter of our president and It makes me sick when I see so much hatred among my fellow man. Please let our president know that there are many like myself that will continue to pray for him, day and night, no matter what they say. May the Hand of God Bless Us ALL In the Holy name of Jesus. Amen

• Jerry

08/08/2019 02:32 PM

Our President is not a Racist he calls people out because of the actions they chose to take it may be using funds unlawfully people of all kinds do it the smart ones do not get caught when they do they get the tag criminal behind its name along with a picture and some numbers the judge is not called a racist he just takes assets away or its freedom let the lefties in on that clue. Bad people do bad things please no crying in criminal activity when you get caught doing crime do the time. You are a low life type people and you need to join people without freedom stick together criminals. Hey Cummings when they get ya no crying and please don't play the race card we don't play that game. Your going to need a new slogan.

• Sharon Smith

08/08/2019 02:16 PM

Right on as always.

• Maureen Cummins Dean

08/08/2019 02:06 PM

Thank you Governor Huckabee for your consistent hard work to bring sanity and GOD's truth into these unsettling times.
    May GOD Bless you and save the USA.

• Elizabeth Crouse

08/08/2019 02:01 PM

They know he is not a racist, they just hate him and want one of them in.

• Deanne Smith

08/08/2019 01:53 PM

It is so hard to read what these out of control desperate democrats are saying! You think they have sunk as far as they can go and darned if they don’t get shovels and dig deeper and come up with the most disgusting name calling! Why can’t they be put in jail especially when they encourage people to murder the president and other elected officials? Where are our laws anymore? Why aren’t they charged at least with discrimination or harassment? It is hard for me to understand.

• Maria Ferran

08/08/2019 01:50 PM

Why do we have to continually justify and defend the president's words and policies against a group of people who have become immoral-liars, hypocrites, divisive and corrupt- to their very core? If it isn't racist it will be another accusation. There has been nothing good coming out of the democrat party except a hate for every value that made America great. Only God can change their hearts.

• Nancy Calvert

08/08/2019 01:44 PM

“He’s a RUSSIAN. He’s a RACIST...He’s RE-ELECTED!!!” Let’s hope this R-trend continues.

• Bernard C Snyder

08/08/2019 01:41 PM

We need two Term Limits for all members of the Senate and three term limits for members of Congress
    President Trump is doing a great job and is draining the swamp and I feel our Attorney General William Barr will get to the truth on who did what to try and take our President down.
    We also need English as the official language of the land which will help immigrants in this country and we need to be united. I also feel we should not be destroying Confederate statues that was revered by the people who fought in the Civil war and lost their loved ones like many others from every state in the union. It is history and we should not be destroying anything like that to satisfy a select few. Also Antifa members should be jailed when they go out with masks and hurt people and destroy property as we should not tolerate anything like that.
    I also feel African Americans should not be saying African American just say I am American as they are Americans the same as all the other ethnic groups in our Country whose Mothers and Fathers and Sisters and Brothers all fought and died for their country and should be proud to say I am American. Our men and women still fighting today are all Americans fighting a common enemy not African Americans,Italian americans,Irish americanas,Polish americans, Japanese americans, chinese americans,spanish americans,french americans,german americans,swiss americans,English americans,Jewish american, Portugese american etc.etc.etc.
    Amazing how all children of all different backgrounds play together and have so much fun and never once think about hurting their friend or calling them anything but nice. It is us who lead them astray and warp their minds. We must not become the racists or help to spread it like the left tries to do all the time. We have a lot to worry about in this world with Iran and North Korea
    Keep up the good work Mike

• Jerry Korba

08/08/2019 01:37 PM

Mike Just for some fun Lets thank Putin for helping Donald get elected he did a tremendous gesture to save America from the Socialists. Putin knows that America has a lot of honey here and if he choses to become friendly he knows socialism will not have a pot to pee in nobody with a small bit of intellect wants Socialism its a dead end. So lets call the Socialist Candidates running for President DEADENDERS. Guess what when they are eliminated so will the word Racist will be gone and we can continue to live happier. One more thing I did some traveling this week flying i noticed a lot more people of color flying yea with white people no one got kicked off because of color guess who sat in the back with people of color me an old white guy Mike when you see a DEADENDER tell them no racism on board JUST PEOPLE TRAVILING from point A to point B no problems. We all got to chose from the same selection Please tell the DEADENDERS its 2019 not 1819. They are only 200 years in the past they need to fast forward. DEADENDERS WHO NEEDS THEM? Nobody

• Louise Williams

08/08/2019 01:35 PM

Thank you for supporting our President. I support you too, Mr. Huckabee. Love your daughter and am sorry that she no longer is the news person but it must be a terrible job. So many idiots in the democrat party and they all want revenge b/c Trump won.

• Ron Warren

08/08/2019 01:34 PM

All of those espousing the racists rants on television, internet, radio, or print media are all those who drink from the Joseph Goebbels cup of "a lie told often enough will become the truth". Look it up, and then you can judge who should be named the weekly winner of the Goebbels Cup award.

• Jack W Joshlin

08/08/2019 01:32 PM

President Trump has done more for our economy than any president since Ragen.
    If you research the facts rather than listening to the media you can see this.
    The one thing I wish he would do is bring tech support back so as to provide more low wage jobs back home.

• Mary Friedrich

08/08/2019 01:30 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee,
    DEEPEST THANKS for writing the article and speaking the TRUTH!!! I wish there were some way that ALL of those who share your sentiments could make (as a group) a public statement to the world about this wonderful man we are privileged to have as our President....he is the only one with COURAGE to correct ALL the problems this country was saddled with by his predecessors and because he has the COURAGE to speak the TRUTH, as an educated man who wants the BEST for this country, he is condemned.......CONSTANTLY!
    Please guide us on how to have our voices heard, CLEARLY, above the constant rants and damnations leveled against him. We know that God looks at the intentions in one's heart, and when He looks at our President's heart, He sees ALL GOOD and PURE intentions for the people of this country and for it's future. Change and transformation are never easy, but many times it is desperately needed and thank the good Lord, that in His Providence, He gave us President Trump to restore this nation to one being, "One nation, under God." Furthermore, if those on the left are so opposed to their thoughts about children being in cages and how inhumane that is, why doesn't someone ask them their thoughts on the innocent and far more helpless children they leave to die in a cold hospital delivery room? Do they think that is humane? Are they that pitiful that they think children being in a protective enclosure, i.e. "cages (maybe parent's should do away with play pens, to their way of thinking, isn't that a "type of cage"?) " is worse than letting a tiny baby die....are they deaf to the cries of all the babies they have killed through their sinful legislation? And never have I read that "abortion" is a humane experience for a fetus, having your brain suctioned from your skull, being dismembered.....that's ok because it's a woman's right? Makes one wonder if these people advocating these barbaric actions have a "functioning" brain themselves? ALL OF THEM need to be called out on that.
    And let's start hearing about ALL the good our President has done for SO MANY PEOPLE on so many levels. Each time a lie is generated and spoken about the President, it needs to be countered with one of the truths mentioned above in your article and would be most effective if it were spoken by a member of the African American, Hispanic, Asian community. Obviously, those wonderful people like Dr. Ben Carson, Candace Owens, Diamond and Silk, comments
    to name a few, is falling upon deaf ears. Wouldn't it be great if we, (his supporters) could start a coalition in his honor, called LOVE, Letting Our Voices Echo, voices of truth?!
    He is a rich man in the way that matters to God, and may God bless him generously for his goodness.
    My own personal motto for our President is: Total Reform Under My Presidency. (T R U M P)
    Maybe the citizens of the U.S. need to file a lawsuit against the 'left' for character defamation, as an act of love, on behalf of our President.
    Let's continue to pray that God will bless and protect our beloved President, his family and administration and "put down the mighty from their thrones" (Luke 1:46-55).
    And, God's choicest blessings to you for the work you do in your life to honor God and protect His world from ALL the evil that assails it!
    Most sincerely,
    Mary

August 8, 2019

Without that, they have nothing.

Deployed In Washington

• Robert McFate

08/08/2019 03:39 PM

• James Henley

08/08/2019 03:39 PM

• Carl SmithMy

08/08/2019 03:31 PM

My comment went to Cyberspace? Have I been censored?

• Timothy Ward

08/08/2019 03:21 PM

Good afternoon Mike

You see I was blessed as a child to have walked with Dr. King, he held my hand.
    Peace be with you all!

08/08/2019 02:32 PM

• Sharon Smith

08/08/2019 02:16 PM

Right on as always.

• Maureen Cummins Dean

08/08/2019 02:06 PM

May GOD Bless you and save the USA.

• Elizabeth Crouse

08/08/2019 02:01 PM

They know he is not a racist, they just hate him and want one of them in.

• Deanne Smith

• Louise Williams

08/08/2019 01:35 PM

• Ron Warren

08/08/2019 01:34 PM

• Jack W Joshlin

08/08/2019 01:32 PM

President Trump has done more for our economy than any president since Ragen.
    If you research the facts rather than listening to the media you can see this.

• Mary Friedrich

08/08/2019 01:30 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee,
    Most sincerely,
    Mary

August 8, 2019

Without that, they have nothing.

Deployed In Washington

• Robert McFate

08/08/2019 03:39 PM

• James Henley

08/08/2019 03:39 PM

• Carl SmithMy

08/08/2019 03:31 PM

My comment went to Cyberspace? Have I been censored?

• Timothy Ward

08/08/2019 03:21 PM

Good afternoon Mike

You see I was blessed as a child to have walked with Dr. King, he held my hand.
    Peace be with you all!

08/08/2019 02:32 PM

• Sharon Smith

08/08/2019 02:16 PM

Right on as always.

• Maureen Cummins Dean

08/08/2019 02:06 PM

May GOD Bless you and save the USA.

• Elizabeth Crouse

08/08/2019 02:01 PM

They know he is not a racist, they just hate him and want one of them in.

• Deanne Smith

• Louise Williams

08/08/2019 01:35 PM

• Ron Warren

08/08/2019 01:34 PM

• Jack W Joshlin

08/08/2019 01:32 PM

President Trump has done more for our economy than any president since Ragen.
    If you research the facts rather than listening to the media you can see this.

• Mary Friedrich