August 8, 2019

Many Trump supporters have reached their breaking point from all the groundless accusations of racism and white supremacy being leveled at the President –- and, by extension, at THEM. Count me among that group; I’ve never seen anything like this in my life. If you are unfortunate enough to be watching CNN (maybe you’re stranded at the airport), you will think the whole world has gone freaking crazy. But it really hasn’t. We know what’s going on: Democrats desperate to retake power are caught in the grip of a mass hysteria.  They've simply shifted focus from "Russia" to "racist."

Trump is no more a white supremacist than he is a Russian agent, yet that nonsense was all we heard for three years. Breathless reporters accused Trump of conspiring with Vladimir Putin to get elected President, which would make him a traitor to his country and subject to punishments up to and including execution. When that fantasy fizzled, and the dream of impeachment faded (until they can stir it back up), it had to be replaced by something else just as baseless and far-fetched. Now, instead of being an election-stealing puppet of Putin, Trump is a card-carrying, hood-wearing, cross-burning, code-talking, immigrant-hating white supremacist. And so is anyone who supports him, or even just doesn’t sufficiently hate him.

I know Donald Trump well, and have gone on record saying I don’t believe he’s racist. In order to maintain that he is, his political enemies have had to twist his words and say he meant something other than what he did. Prime example: For the thousandth time, Trump was NOT talking about white supremacists in Charlottesville when he said there were “good people on both sides.” He was talking about the good people who disagree on whether or not to take down historic Confederate monuments. There ARE good people speaking from their hearts on both sides of that argument. When I hear people distort what Trump was talking about here, it leads me to dismiss everything else they have to say. They are helping perpetuate a lie, either deliberately or through ignorance. There are countless examples of this.

How do you prove someone is not a racist? They say it’s impossible to prove a negative, but, actually, in this case, it looks to me as though we pretty well can. There’s just no evidence that Trump is a racist, but plenty to suggest that he is not. Andrew J. Stein, a former president of the New York City Council and former president of the Manhattan Borough, says in a new piece for THE HILL that he’s known Trump since 1973 --- that's close to half a century --- and has “never seen any indication of any form of racism.”

Trump certainly doesn't always choose his words in the most sensitive way, but he has shown he cares about people of all races by what he has DONE. (Why is it that, to Democrats, paying politically-correct lip service to “oppressed” groups is so much more important than actually helping them?) According to Stein, when black or Hispanic groups have needed help, Trump was there –- typically without publicity. For example, when Stein needed to get donated materials down to Puerto Rico after a devastating hurricane in the 1980s, he called Trump, who provided them with a 727 jet. Gosh, he must have forgotten that Puerto Rico is full of “brown people.”

When it’s money that will help solve the problem, Trump will write a big check. Trump helped pay for the senior center for the largest black church in Queens. Sometimes it’s to help an individual or family, as when he helped get an African-American woman with two young kids off the street and into low-income housing, also in Queens.

Stein points out that Trump’s criticism of Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland had nothing to do with Cummings’ race, though Cummings is doing all he can to further the false “Trump is a racist” narrative.  I'd put it this way:  Trump said Baltimore was a rat-infested mess because Baltimore is a rat-infested mess. He was speaking an obvious truth. Trump is no more racist than the rats, who don’t notice the color of the people in a homeless camp or trash-strewn sidewalk or slummy apartment complex before deciding to “infest” it. Rats are an equal opportunity infestation. They would “infest” Nancy Pelosi’s lovely San Francisco home if they could, but her household staff would quickly dispense with the rodent problem, something the City of San Francisco fails to do for the people of all colors who walk its streets.

Trump is also being called a racist for voicing/tweeting some well-deserved criticism of “the Squad,” that group of four ultra-leftist women “of color” (the meaning of which has now apparently expanded to encompass all non-whites) who now –- unbelievably, considering the hateful things they say –- are members of Congress. Does anyone actually think that if these women were white, Trump would treat them any differently? (And he didn't tell them to "go back to the countries they came from"; that is yet another misquotation.)  That’s the thing: Trump treats people the way he feels they deserve to be treated, regardless of their race. Being “of color” does not –- and should not –- make anyone immune to criticism. Only a racist would look at someone’s color to decide how to treat that person.

But back to Stein’s piece. He goes on to point out things Trump has DONE as President to help economically distressed communities, like creating empowerment zones through tax incentives and grants. Trump also pushed through the First Step Act, bipartisan legislation designed to reduce mandatory sentences for low-risk inmates with good behavior, so they can begin to rebuild their lives. Stein also mentions that unemployment for blacks and Hispanics is currently the lowest it has been in 60 years.

Trump will never please the leftists no matter what he says or does, and neither will we. It’s pathetic, though; accusations of racism are really all they have now. Simply refuse to accept that label. Laugh at their desperation. It’s going to be up to us to reject as incorrect their false narrative of racism on the right.

Without that, they have nothing.

Paul Rossi Is Fired

A Look Back At Earth Day Predictions

• Frank Bott

08/08/2019 01:29 PM

Thanks for the information in this article. I am forwarding it to everybody I know.

• Rachael Conrad

08/08/2019 01:16 PM

Two Egg, Florida loves you Mr. Huckabee.

• Gary Swartz

08/08/2019 01:12 PM

I was in manufacturing all my working life. We always tried to focus on fixing the problem not fixing the blame. Democrats total focus is on fixing the blame and never fixing the problem. Oh so disheartening! They could do so much better.

• Jim Norvell

08/08/2019 01:11 PM

This is an excellent piece that needs the widest possible exposure, but I see no way to “share” on my Facebook account.
    I have waited all my life to see a man in the White House with the ability and tenacity to push common sense solutions to national problems for ALL people. I love that he is not a politician with all the baggage that comes with that. I never parse anyone’s statements to fit my preconceptions. We have had Presidents who carried quite immoral predilections into the White House and many who were over the top profane. We have had incompetents and we have had those who looked down on others. Donald Trump reflects none of those characteristics.
    It is extraordinary what the man has accomplished while constantly attacked unfairly and deceitfully by the Dim cabal of bureaucrats, political hacks, media and “elite”. The mark of the man is that he never tires of delivering on his promises to the American people.
    The silent majority which steadfastly supports him must find a louder and unrelenting voice.

• Robert Mascari

08/08/2019 01:10 PM

I admire Trumps courage. Most people would have folded by now and gone home after taking salvo after salvo from the left and the press. It is incredible that he is staying the course, although there seems to be no end to the presidential harassment that has taken the government "checks and balances" to a new and dangerous level.

• Dennis Ragain

08/08/2019 01:03 PM

It is distressing Governor to see how successful the Far Right has been in finally creating this schism in our population. They have been working toward this for many, many years in our education system, our politics and this ever expanding bureaucracy.

There have always been disagreements and occasionally disruptive anger , but we now seem to be on the verge of another civil war - but this time between socialism and democracy.

I am ashamed of so many of our political leaders both Democrats and Republicans. They were totally content with getting little done in Congress for many years as long as they had their own little fiefdom in Washington. President Donald Trump has changed all of that.

He speaks as we in the real world speak. He wants us to be proud of our country. He wants the world to understand that we are going to protect our sovereignty and not become part of some idealistic world order.

I worry for future generations. Thank you for your newsletters and commitment to America. I only wish the other 50% of the country could see what we see.

Sincerely, Dennis Ragain

• Jim Ashley

08/08/2019 12:59 PM

Brother / Pastor / Gov. Huckabee,
    Lately it has come to my attention that we who support our President may be, in part, contributing to his lack of acceptance and approval. Please allow me to explain.
    I have had to ask myself..... How can I EVER expect the snowflakes, deniers, complainers and protestors to BEGIN to accept the fact that PRESIDENT Trump is our rightful, duly elected and appointed PRESIDENT when we who support him RARELY attach the all-important title to his name? We simply refer to the individual that sits in the highest seat in the land, yeah, by many standards in the world, as "Trump".
    Our opposers will never allow us to forget who the former President was. Many still call him "President" instead of "former President" (and Vice-President instead of former Vice-President, but I digress).... yet we do not provide the same level of respect, and demand that level of respect from them when it comes to our SITTING PRESIDENT.
    I feel we are doing our President a GREAT disservice, and would call upon all of President Trump's supporters from TV personalities to TV repair persons (gotta say it right) to begin making a concerted effort to attach the appropriate title befitting the man's position. Perhaps if people start hearing it more often they will begin to accept the reality of who our President is.

Thank you for being "the voice of one crying in the wilderness".
    God Bless,
    Jim Ashley

• Susan Allman

08/08/2019 12:51 PM

I hear the President is considering commuting Rod Blagojevich’s sentence...a man who was found guilty & was even impeached. He is the 4th governor to go to jail in Illinois. The state has been under Democratic rule my entire lifetime. Trump says he was “unfairly treated”. There are many people in prison who were also “unfairly treated”. They just don’t have a recognized name & a wife who calls & writes everyone to get her husband released. This would be another example of 2-tier Justice; it will not help him lure Democratic votes but it will cost him my vote. If Blagojevich was released, what is the message we take away?

• Aaron Woien

08/08/2019 12:50 PM

According to the looney left, all Male Caucasians are racist oppressors, and everybody else is a victim. This is so tiresome.

• Ronald Pekkala Sr.

08/08/2019 12:39 PM

Thank you governor. I am fed up past my ears with the negative rhetoric (crap) from the Party of Hate, the MSM and those who will not, cannot, accept that PRESIDENT TRUMP is the best thing to hit the White House since President Reagan. The previous resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. certainly is/was no comparison. And, dislike aside, I did accept him as my president. When was the last time any politician owned up to campaign promises and actually did that which he promised. Indeed, there are times I would prefer my president to be a bit less colorful in his retorts. However, I willingly accept that as that is the Mr. Trump. A president who unabashedly loves his country and his fellow citizens.

• Richard Davis

08/08/2019 12:28 PM

I really though racism was at its lowest point when Obama took office, that's when it all reversed. Obama was not able to reverse the downturn in the economy (I say that because if you take a close look at what happened during the final days of Bush you will see the economy was doing pretty well until Obama came on the scene and started convincing people his great economy was the worst in history. Not to mention, historically, the economy nearly always takes a downturn during a presidents last term because of the unknow. However, it nearly always goes up after the election which it didn't when Obama took over). So Obama used his skin color, threw his heritage from his mother under the bus, took lessons on how to sound black when he talked, and went on a racist rampage to cover up his failures. I refer to it as the Pied Piper syndrome as he led the country off a cliff and they happily followed. Fast forward to today and you see the same strategy Obama used to get elected, and the same strategy he used to remain in office, still at work. And you see racism reaching new heights. I think we all know the new definition of racism is anything a conservative says or does, good or bad, regardless of their skin color, religion, or sexual orientation. Not to mention they will even devour one of their own they deviates from their mission.

• Suzanne scott

08/08/2019 12:21 PM

God favors Jewish race so do dems call God a racist? God issued 10 Commandments so will dems try to abolish r change these rules?

• Gary Serio

08/08/2019 12:19 PM

I think that that tactic being used by the Democrats is to barrage with lies until we’re brainwashed to believe they are truth. Can a million lies become one truth ? I hope not for America’s sake.

• d c oliver

08/08/2019 12:11 PM

Surely you must understand that the crazies on the left and liberals don't care to know the truth about anything if it interferes with their thinking, position and/or agenda. Kinda like stirring up an ant den. Move things just a little bit and quickly you have ants going all over the place, running into and over each other.

• carol

08/08/2019 12:09 PM

It's about time that the sick loser democrats and their equally demented media
    stop the shit show of constantly bashing the President. We the People DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD THEY SAY AND WE WILL VOTE FOR TRUMP IN 2020.

• tom jeffs

08/08/2019 12:07 PM

I agree with democrats but don't blame the president - - - - - - - I blame the "progressive" spin doctors who CONSTANTLY translate everything the president says into racism - - - - - - - that CONSTANT unwavering spin is a dog whistle to democrats and even to some lonely losers who might end up shooting up a bunch of innocents - - - - - - - the Dayton shooter is an Elizabeth Warren follower but she's not to blame and the gun's not to blame, HE is to blame - - - - - - - spin notwithstanding - - - - - - -

• Michael Monnin

08/08/2019 12:05 PM

Is horrible when those who patronize Chick fil a are labeled as domestic terrorist by the house leader.

• Jim Wilmoth

08/08/2019 12:03 PM

Obama was the one caught on microphone saying to his buddy Putin, once I'm elected I'll have more leeway in how we do things.

• Ann Ault

08/08/2019 12:02 PM

Thank you for always standing up for the unvarnished TRUTH!! My dad was a B/Gen. USAF and my mother his staunch and loving helpmeet. Much as I miss them, they are both safely ensconced in Heaven. They would have died a hundred deaths over what is happening to this country. My ancestor, Stephen Hopkins (Mayflower) surely would have been horrified even after all that those pilgrims had to go through. In the spiritual realm, the lines have never been so clear ... as far as I am concerned, the looney liberals follow the father of lies and the author of confusion. It is truly tragic ... not just for this NATION ... but for their eternal souls! Keep up the GOD work, dear Governor! GOD BLESS and PROTECT you and yours!!

• tom jeffs

08/08/2019 11:57 AM

NADLER = NAPOLEON COMPLEX Q.E.D.

• Michael Batchelor

08/08/2019 11:43 AM

> If you are unfortunate enough to be watching CNN (maybe you’re stranded at the airport)

Must be stuck in ATL Hartsfield. Everywhere else has Fox News because intelligent businesses cater to their customers. And most people don't believe much that comes from CNN any more.

• Stephen Russell

08/08/2019 11:43 AM

Dems want a WAR, they want blood in the streets via Antifa & allies.
    Getting damn tired of this BS, cant take much more.
    Someone on our side will "pop" & see Leftists bleed.
    But Dems wont shut it down

• Rocco W DeCarlo

08/08/2019 11:37 AM

Governor, I am a Trump supporter and proud of it. It appears the left's only solution to any and all problems is to identify those that don't agree with them as racist, war mongors and anti-immigration, it is a sick method of attack.

• Kenneth Brack

08/08/2019 11:14 AM

When Trump took office in January 2017, I knew too little about him. But I was determined to decide for myself if he was a racist or not. I wanted to base my conclusion on his acts and his words in context, not on what news outlets were saying about him. In less than a month, I had determined he could not be a racist. We could use more stories about the President that illustrate his true character. I have heard, for instance, that when there were 13 candidates for the Republican nomination for President, Donald Trump was the only one with a plan for the inner cities. Considering the number of people of color living in the inner cities, I concluded he was determined to help them. Concrete plans are more meaningful than lip service.

• Joy De La Paz

08/08/2019 09:23 AM

I totally agree! The Democrat "leaders" and the very un-classy mainstream media, like CNN, MSNBC, etc, are pretty desperate because REAL Americans are waking up from all their lies! #Trump2020

August 8, 2019

Without that, they have nothing.

Paul Rossi Is Fired

A Look Back At Earth Day Predictions

• Frank Bott

08/08/2019 01:29 PM

• Rachael Conrad

08/08/2019 01:16 PM

Two Egg, Florida loves you Mr. Huckabee.

• Gary Swartz

08/08/2019 01:12 PM

• Jim Norvell

08/08/2019 01:11 PM

• Robert Mascari

08/08/2019 01:10 PM

• Dennis Ragain

08/08/2019 01:03 PM

Sincerely, Dennis Ragain

• Jim Ashley

08/08/2019 12:59 PM

Brother / Pastor / Gov. Huckabee,

Thank you for being "the voice of one crying in the wilderness".
    God Bless,

• Jim Wilmoth

08/08/2019 12:03 PM

• Ann Ault

08/08/2019 12:02 PM

• tom jeffs

08/08/2019 11:57 AM

NADLER = NAPOLEON COMPLEX Q.E.D.

• Michael Batchelor

08/08/2019 11:43 AM

• Stephen Russell

08/08/2019 11:43 AM

Dems want a WAR, they want blood in the streets via Antifa & allies.
    Getting damn tired of this BS, cant take much more.
    Someone on our side will "pop" & see Leftists bleed.
    But Dems wont shut it down