May 30, 2019

If the US House isn’t giving Americans a wake-up call on the dangers of entrusting today’s Democrats with any power over their lives, they should take a look at New Mexico, where I imagine voters are experiencing a serious case of buyer’s remorse.  Democratic Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham, who has seldom met a far-left hot button issue she doesn’t support, has been in office for all of four months.  Already, she’s denied there’s a crisis at the border and withdrawn the state National Guard troops, leaving communities overwhelmed with a flood of illegal migrants, she’s under fire from Colorado for busing migrants there, and she’s demanding federal aid to deal with the migrant crisis she previously called a “charade.”

And now, the latest leftist transformation of New Mexico: she’s signed onto a state-level version of the “Green New Deal” which mandates the state get 100% of its energy from renewable sources.  This is now the left hopes to get around Congress’ aversion to this insane bill: by forcing it onto the people blue state-by-blue state.

Since 100% renewable energy is impossible, what this really means is crippling the state’s energy industries and destroying jobs, sticking citizens with skyrocketing power bills, and enriching “green energy” companies through crony capitalism at taxpayer expense.

Oh, and did I mention the Governor has approved a big pay raise for her Cabinet and agency heads?

I feel sorry for the people of New Mexico, but I hope they’ve learned their lesson.  Maybe the next time they go to the polls, they won’t say, “Thank you, sir, may I have another?” and fill in the “D” circles again.  In the meantime, the rest of America can look at states like New Mexico, California, New York and Washington and feel relief that as bad as the impeachment-crazed Democrats who’ve taken over the House are, it could be worse.  If they weren’t completely obsessed with attacking Trump 24/7, they might actually pass some of their agenda.

• Pam Wolfe

06/03/2019 10:29 AM

If NM had the equivalent of the Electoral College, we wouldn't be in this fix. Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Las Cruces, Los Alamos house the liberals.... The farmers, ranchers, oil folks, lumber jacks, they are the ones who bring revenue to the state, yet they are disrespected. MLG has had scandal follow her since her early days in politics. Public record. Media didn't warn anyone. So sad.

• Matt Metzger

06/03/2019 09:13 AM

I’m from NM and I didn’t vote for this women. 2.5 million people in the state, 75% of us live outside the 4 largest cities, most of the voting block and demoncraps live in those cities or the surrounding counties. We just had a Rep. governor and added back a 2 billion $ savings account after the last Dem. governor blew the old one. Within 4 weeks of her taking office, $2 billion all gone. She is far worst then any left wing/socialist/gun getting/tax raising person. She believes that abortion should be legal till birth but feels contraception is wrong according to her religion. She has no heart for this state and has never had a real job. She has been a professional politician all her live and has stolen from the state as a private contractor for the state when being a state senator. It’s not about what’s right for the people it’s an attack on Trump. That is all. What ever he does I will do the opposite.

• Carla Bell

06/02/2019 11:09 PM

I was born and raised in the great state of NM, but left 10 yrs ago to work in TX. I am saddened and embarrassed about the state of affairs in NM today. This liberal fog is taking over our country, and we need to fight back! Thank you Gov Huckabee for all you do! I pray daily for our country to return to it’s Godly roots!

• John Maso

06/02/2019 10:07 PM

Mike
    I believe the New Mexico Governor has Fallen On Her Sword by Admitting A Illegal Immigrants CRISIS, Requesting Federal Money To Deal with her Blunder of Denial!
    Her Companion Green New Deal Blunder will Shine The Bad Green ??New Light on all New Mexico Residents and In Fact ALL AMERICANS regardless of Party Affilation .
    Be careful What You Wish For, THE BAD GREEN DEAL WILL BE HER LEGACY?

• Sue Inge

06/02/2019 09:28 PM

Mike,
    I was born in NM and have lived here all my life. Never have I been so sick of our NM government! Our new governor thinks she is cute and smart. She had videos of busting through walls! Wonder who paid for that?
    Also read one article where she had on muslim attire and declaring a Muslim holiday. Author said she was trying to appease them afraid they were going to burn a historic cathedral down. She is an embarrassment. Is there anyway we can get her out of office? All Democrat votes come from Albuquerque Santa Fe area. That’s the high population area. But surely some of those voters are sick of her too and would like to take their vote back! GOD help us!
    Sue

• Tammy D Drew

06/02/2019 07:24 PM

Don't forget Illinois. Our governor is already dreaming up many new taxes and pushing the most liberal abortion policies. I would love to leave the state.

• Diana Jennings

06/02/2019 06:15 PM

I think this sums it up brilliantly tweeted by @realjameswoods: This Democrat sponsored invasion is not an accident. It is a carefully engineered campaign to tip swing states blue. #Pelosi wants the illegal swarm to flood #Texas, because if Texas goes blue, Democrats will own the #ElectoralCollege forever. This is war. Tweet by Real James Woods. 4/13/19

• Samuel Smith

06/02/2019 04:41 PM

Well let's hope Mr. Trump tells them you crated the problem you fix it for I am not going to send you dime! How long do you think it will take before their elect. bill will sky rocket and or they put laws in place to make the people consecutive of energy. This is what happens when the people are not involve in their government or taking time to listen to what they have to say. I too fell sorry for the people of New Mexico, but they did bring all this onto them selves.

• Barbara Abbey

06/02/2019 04:04 PM

I can proudly say I did not vote for her. I did not like her as a congress woman. Oops, can I say that? Lol

• Howard Hill

06/02/2019 02:49 PM

Sounds a lot like the way Nevada is going. Not quite as bad yet, but heading that way.

• Jerry Korba

06/02/2019 02:21 PM

I do feel sad for the residents of New Mexico the people in the rural counties are probably the victims of urban fools that are in love with misery, handouts, crime and a lower standard of living. They vote to get something free and after free doesn't happen a large number feel it's the duty to make others miserable. Thats how the Dems. roll look at cities on the coasts LA, SF, Oakland, Portland, Seattle what does the leadership look like? Can you say Democrat; BINGO you have won garbage, Urine, Human Feces, drug needles( used) mental health issues living at your doorstep, living on your sidewalks, tent cities with unknown habitants living on your property, in your parks, no police to help you CONGRATULATIONS you earned some of the worst living conditions available by electing Democrats if thats your idea of winning check yourself in to a mental institution now after being lead by Dem. law you will need assistance later; I happen to like the GOP idea of winning!!!!!!!!!!! More money in my pocket that helps me from living in your losing neighorhood.

• Kevin J Cook

06/02/2019 01:12 PM

My bet, the people of New Mexico don’t know or don’t care and like the frog on water it will be too late when they are cooked.....and when dying they will blame Republicans

• Denese

06/01/2019 10:45 PM

I agree with all the previous comments. It is embarrassing that our beautiful state has this horrible reputation because of our newly elected Governor that has an agenda from H#X! for our state. This agenda is wrecking havoc here. She has done more harm in 5 short months and makes us wonder how we will endure the next 3 years. If we had an electoral college for just New Mexico, I know she would have lost big time. She was elected by the Rio Grande Corridor of this state where the bulk of the people live and she is trying to take away our vote in the electoral college and make us vote how the libs vote. She did not carry most of the outlying counties. (I also wonder if there could have been some kind of voter fraud here too. Other wise why would people want to kill babies, but protect coyotes; deny us protection from crime, drugs, and illegals and allow them to flood our state; raise taxes; give her cabinet 17% raises, but teachers might get a 3% raise; shut down our mining businesses, and gas and oil businesses; have to nerve to ask the US government for aid when she denied any problems we had and sent the help our President sent to help us away; oh yes legalizing pot and taking away our gun rights. Just to name a "few" (not a few but a lot of rights she is taking away from us.)

• Kristi Martinkewiz

06/01/2019 07:06 PM

Mike, I’m in NM. I live in the county that is currently the nation’s SECOND largest producer of oil. The oil and gas industry is THE largest contributor to the state coffers. Yet, this governor (whom some of us have dubbed the Hillary of NM) blatantly opposes the industry at every turn. She is literally cutting off her own nose. It’s complete insanity. Her support is most pronounced in the liberal urban populations and the poor (something decades of Democrat control has created in ample numbers). In the hardest working, most productive parts of the state, we don’t vote D.

• Andra Stradling

06/01/2019 02:33 AM

San Juan County in NW NM has fought this liberal Democrat, (sign the “D” mentally), and I don’t mean Dallas, for decades. We are a conservative bastion of reasonable thought. Proud Americans, ???? Proud of OUR NM. The NM that used to value and care for its children, now we must fight against crazed lunatics that want to take the already insane and murderous laws that caught us unaware, even further to include killing infants that survive a botched abortion!! We stood together in a bipartisan rally and stopped HB51. Unprecedented!
    That was the first straw. This new breed of liberalism has stirred up a hornets nest.
    Then our 2nd amendment rights were and still are threatened. 29 counties out of 33, had to unite with our sheriffs signing resolutions to keep our CONSTITUTIONAL rights!! Petitions to the SOS have been rejected multiple times. “Because our citizens are not capable to vote for ourselves what is best for our public safety.” No referendums allowed. SOS Toulouse has a conflict of interest, running for senate while still in position!!
    The next straw...
    The Renewables Energy Act, GREEN Deal!!?? Our county will be hit the hardest here. Shutting down San Juan Generating Station. 1600 jobs will be lost!! Promises of retraining!! And non-existent Jobs in Green energy. SJGS is The Tax base of schools that will be forced to close.
    Next straw...
    The the illegals started pouring in. Grisham’s removal of the National Guard showed the state we were not going to have any help on the border. Obviously! We’ve had to raise money to help an independent private citizen build a portion of the border wall, that should’ve been paid for with the millions of dollars NOW being used to support the unending stream of illegals.!!! Grisham blaming everyone except herself for the “Crisis”, she denied all this time!! Asking for more money to pour into a sinking ship!!
    Raising taxes, spending a Billion dollar surplus, and the giving 17% Raises to her cabinet.
    Grisham is a political tool, her obvious lack of integrity makes NM the laughing stock of the country. I’m embarrassed! Humiliated, because our state is overrun with this insanity! Please be kind and don’t judge ALL of NM the same as the delusional, and sometimes, just trusting Democrats that voted these socialists into power. I do think you are right there are a lot of moderates that learned the Wolf was in sheep’s clothing. Yes, there is a reference there as well.
    There is a more on the list.
    The NM Patriots, among other conservative groups have rallied, emailed, written letters, called, signed petitions, (multiple subjects of petitions) signed resolutions! We The People have had enough! This country was founded on the constitution. We are a Republic! Unless NM citizens receive respect of our individual God given rights, I believe we are headed to a civil war.
    Thank you for your time. Andra Stradling, Farmington, NM

• Steve Butter

05/31/2019 10:03 PM

I think the Governor and her cabinet need to go. I have not seen anything positive that has come from them at all. It blows my mind that the good people of this state put her and the rest of her constituents in office and in a position to make the decisions that they do. As the libs. and dems say ....not my Governor !

• Melissa Fryzel

05/31/2019 06:35 PM

I am a board member of the New Mexico Patriots, I want to thank you, Mr. Huckabee, for your factual and spot-on commentary about our Governor.

• Jane Martin

05/31/2019 05:57 PM

Please don’t lump all New Mexicans with those that voted for MLG! Just like the United States elections, the rural counties did not and do not support her! She is a disgrace. Her values are not New Mexican’s values!

• Christina Maria

05/31/2019 11:09 AM

The liberal voters of NM have learned nothing! They will continue to vote for their corrupt leaders and blame the conservative federal government for the problems in our state. I am moving to Texas this year, I can’t deal with the stupidity and corruption anymore.

• james randolph

05/31/2019 10:16 AM

Hey Mike - I grew up in NM, but left about 25 years ago. Despite those other failures, Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham has done nothing about GANGS, now controlling Albuquerque, and elsewhere. Why do GANGS control the cities? Why do citizens fear GANG violence more than supporting law enforcement? BECAUSE GANGS keep their word. Politicians lie. GANG says "mess with me - you die" ...Politicians say "Vote for me, or you will die". Who do you believe?

• melissa robinson

05/30/2019 07:00 PM

Nope! Every Democrat that I know, which is far to many, see nothing wrong with anything their shepherd s have done. Sheeple rarely admit they messed up.

• Dick Bachert

05/30/2019 03:20 PM

Don’t blame the 49.5 percent of us who voted against her... most of NM outside of ABQ-Santa Fe corridor voted Republican.

May 30, 2019

• Pam Wolfe

06/03/2019 10:29 AM

• Matt Metzger

06/03/2019 09:13 AM

• Carla Bell

06/02/2019 11:09 PM

• John Maso

06/02/2019 10:07 PM

Mike
    Be careful What You Wish For, THE BAD GREEN DEAL WILL BE HER LEGACY?

• Sue Inge

• Kristi Martinkewiz

06/01/2019 07:06 PM

• Andra Stradling

06/01/2019 02:33 AM

The next straw...
    Next straw...
    There is a more on the list.
    Thank you for your time. Andra Stradling, Farmington, NM