February 17, 2020

There was so much news over the weekend about the DOJ’s handling of the Roger Stone and Andrew McCabe cases that perhaps the biggest story of all got lost.

On Friday, Eric Felten at RealClearInvestigations detailed meetings and highly classified secrets illegally shared by the FBI with British ex-spy Christopher Steele, gleaned from “unpublicized disclosures” in the IG report on abuses of the FISA process.

According to Felten, the shocking findings about the information-sharing with Steele are on pages 114-115 and footnote 513, and supported on pages 386-390 and footnotes 252 and 513. We learn that not only did the FBI accept unverified (fictional) “dossier” material from Steele KNOWING that he was working for the Hillary campaign through Fusion GPS, they made it a two-way street by passing information to him as well –- again, KNOWING that he was working for the Hillary campaign through Fusion GPS.  And the information was highly classified.

Steele briefed Glenn Simpson at Fusion GPS on information the FBI had given him. And he told the FBI that Hillary herself knew about his work.

In the Horowitz report, it states that Steele took notes of the initial meeting he had with his FBI “handling agent,” Michael Gaeta. These notes say Steele told Gaeta that “Democratic associates” were funding his Fusion GPS work, that the “ultimate client” was the Clinton campaign, and that “the candidate,” as the IG report states it, “was aware of Steele’s reporting.”

Horowitz concluded from that first meeting between Steele and Gaeta that “it was clear that Steele was operating as a businessperson working on behalf of a client of his firm, rather than as a CHS [confidential human source] for the FBI.”

In “Crossfire Hurricane,” the FBI was operating under a deep layer of secrecy. Felten reports that “FBI witnesses told the Inspector General that because the investigation involved ‘an ongoing presidential campaign,’ the Bureau took the further step of designating Crossfire Hurricane as a ‘prohibited’ case file. When an investigation is ‘prohibited,’ its files can be accessed only by those who are officially working the case.” Witnesses also used the term “close-hold,” which means information about the investigation was supposed to be known only to the team and FBI/DOJ officials.

Sneaky.

According to RealClearInvestigations, “Beyond Steele’s connections to Simpson and Clinton, the Crossfire Hurricane team should have had other concerns about sharing classified information regarding their Trump-Russia probe with him. They had reason to believe that Steele’s other clients included the Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, who has close ties to Vladimir Putin.”

So, just who was involved in “colluding” with foreign agents, possibly with ties to Russia and even Putin himself? It wasn’t Trump’s campaign –- it was Hillary’s campaign, aided and abetted by our own intelligence community. The evidence of this is right there in the IG report.  It’s painfully obvious now that if you want to know what the Democrats are doing, look at what they’re accusing Trump of doing. John Durham’s investigation had better be all over this.

• Laureen Hurley

02/18/2020 11:30 AM

I’m sick and tired of all these revelations of what Hillary and the DNC did and the corruption of some FBI and DOJ employees and nothing happens! It’s all so discouraging and maddening. Lots of people need to be arrested and tried and convicted and sent to prison! Praying for truth and justice.

• Sharon Smith

02/18/2020 11:30 AM

I wish I could feel like anything would come of this. It's very discouraging to see all of this going on and nothing happens. And Bloomberg is buying his way in and if Hillary becomes his running mate, there will be nothing but pure corruption and evil in this country and we will be saying good bye to our freedoms. Am I discouraged? Yes. But I also know it is all in God's hands. Thank you.

• Mike W

02/18/2020 11:28 AM

The alphabet agencies have become so corrupted, I fear there is little hope that justice will ever be served on the real crooks. Every agency should be purged and then just start over by hiring decent honorable people.

• Lisa Ford

02/18/2020 11:22 AM

Democrats get me sick. Such criminals. Wishing for the day they all get arrested. And can we include their big money investors too. Throw away the key. Better yet, put them in general pop, let them be scared with no secret service to protect them. All privileges gone. Including healthcare.

• Mike MacMillan

02/18/2020 11:18 AM

In general, there is nothing new here regarding what I concluded. However, now we are getting more facts. Keep digging, we need the truth and those that are corrupt and harming our country should be punished.

• Peggy White

02/18/2020 11:17 AM

I want “them” Hillary and company, minions locked up. I’m sick of the crimes they have commited and they are walking around free. No justice. I want them brought to justice.

• Jerry D Woods

02/18/2020 11:15 AM

Corruption is so deep, this can be front page news and nothing will be done. It’s Hilary and she and Obama are protected just like Arkansas. There will be some peon fall guys to pacify public opinion but nothing more!

• Joe Thomas

02/18/2020 11:15 AM

So Governor , WHEN will the arrests be made ? For months , no no , for YEARS now you have brought us bombshell evidence proving felonious deeds by the libs in the FBI & DOJ , With NO arrests ......? No arrests ? ..... No arrests ? .... Where is YOUR opinion article of outrage over this ? In a spiderman movie it was said " That with great power , comes great responsibility " Governor , you have that power , you have the platform , with THIS Great newsletter , and your Wonderful TV platform . Gov , i am asking you slosh a little kerosene and strike a match so to speak ! On Barr & Durham . From My perspective , Barr & Durham are asleep , and need some Heat .

• Anne Berry

02/18/2020 11:07 AM

Nothing will happen to anyone that is a Democrap...It never does.

• Sandra McKinley

02/18/2020 11:06 AM

I am so discouraged. I couldn't believe that Horowitz said in his report there was no evidence of bias. I am so disappointed that the bad actors in the Obama administration, the FBI and the previous DOJ are not facing any consequences. There seems to be no justice - and the deep state is very dark and deep. BTW, love your comments and analysis of all that is going on.

• Margot R Quinn

02/18/2020 11:02 AM

Dear Gov. Huckabee, THANK YOU!

This report is plain DISGUSTING! WHO CAN WE TRUST!!
    Sincerely,
    Margot Quinn

• Kay DeWitt

02/18/2020 11:02 AM

Mike, because I have, this past week, spent every waking hour putting together material that spells OUT that "million -dollar" story that I have mentioned that Mark Harris is sitting on .....that is the REASON this city of Charlotte committed a crime against him...my heart was so overwhelmed by grief....as I RELIVED this story...that it actually felt like it could break......BECAUSE....

I not only spent ...every day, ALL dsy, this past week putting this material together in a large looseleaf but, on Sunday.....(as well as last Sunday)....I subjected myself to going to two different places that added TO my grief, in order to get yet more "materIal" to add TO the material I put together in my looseleaf of material that I hope to present to Mark this coming Sunday....

And, BECAUSE I was SO grieved BY what I had experienced on Sunday, by last night, I felt like a zombie...especially since I got up at 2am...to work ON the presentation I hope to give to Mark this coming Sunday (Interestingly, President Trump is due to be here in Charlotte, the following Monday)....

So, having gotten up this morning, after having my morning chat, over coffee, with my best friend....the One who is sharing HIS tears of grief with me...I then proceeded to read your last night's EVENING EDITION...I had no sooner sent it when I saw your TODAY'S newsletter and, after I read it, it "inspired" me to write what I am now writing BECAUSE....

It served to be one two many more stories of LIES...CONTRADICTION....and everything else that makes for EVIL ..that served to make my heart feel, momentarily, almost too "paralyzed" to say anything half way intelligible in response to the specifics of the EVIL that you wrote about in THIS newsletter!!!

This "million -dollar" that I keep talking about has the potential to also be a help in exposing the nature of the evil that President Trump has been subjected to and, whether or not it DOES, will, of course, be up to God....and I will continue to do as HE so leads me TO do......JUST KNOW....IN SOME STRANGE WAY....I AM traveling this journey...with the story of our President....WITH you!

...thereby making this city of Charlotte guilty of the same kind of MOCKERY I, just minutes ago, wrote in my comment to your last night's newsletter.

• Doug Swafford

02/18/2020 11:01 AM

We hear about this stuff, explosive in nature, yet no one is charged. Is our justice system that corrupt?

• Larry Brown

02/18/2020 11:01 AM

If we have information from ReslClearInvestigations, when will charges be preferred and someone be prosecuted? I’m so tired of hearing about it yet nothing is done. How do we move these items to the DOJ for action?

• Jerry Korba

02/18/2020 11:00 AM

I am not confidant in getting to a point of Justice for the American people the system is so corrupt with all connected in one way or another. The individual in this country, the tax payer, has not or could not stop all the barriers set up by the lawmakers to keep justice from the citizen Evidence that is brought forward is ignored or just rebutted or simply disappears, one instance Trump is acquitted of Impeachment Polsi comes out and says he's not insanity rules. Barr does his job and 1000 resits the media backs the resistance lets hope Barr is strong enough tell them to pound sand.

• Jane Mitchell

02/18/2020 10:59 AM

This is so horrible, and we have to sit here and keep reading about all this illegal stuff, but nothing has happened because of it. Trump has less than a year in his first term, and every bit of it has been harassment by the democrats. Will anything ever be done to them for their dishonesty and coup?

• Elizabeth Miller

02/18/2020 10:59 AM

When are we gonna see justice on behalf of the American people? Too much has been exposed. What will be done about it? The American people are loosing confidence. There should be an equal justice system in this country.

• Donald Williams

02/18/2020 10:57 AM

We continue to see how the FBI and the DOJ violated USCs, but still, no indictments, no convictions. Also, many citizens no longer trust the highest law enforcement agencies in the nation, and that truly sad, but we see NOTHING being done to convict these horrible, and they are the worst kind of criminals, people, while supporters of the President are convicted on made up evidence and shady; illegal FBI and DOJ evidence. There does appear to be a two tier system!

• PEM

02/18/2020 10:56 AM

Great Bible verse! Judgement day is coming!

• Charles Koppenhoefer

02/18/2020 10:55 AM

Democrats continue to cause problems for Pres. Trump while all the while they are covering up there bad deeds. When Is Justice going to come to the Democrats and put some of these people including FBI people in JAIL. If we have all this information , lets start acting on it and call grand juries
    Remember To VOTE RED INSTEAD & Help Control The Bad Congress & reelect Pres. Trump

• Thala J Susag

02/18/2020 10:54 AM

Shocking, yes. It explains the panic Democrats continue to display
    in trying to get President Trump out of office before he is re-elected
    in 2020. That is the only way to stop the investigations of criminal
    actions against Donald J.Trump in 2016 and beyond. The stench is
    horrible!

• Dot Whitley

02/18/2020 10:47 AM

This is definitely a lawless country in too many instances. Why can't these crooks be rounded up, and tried by the same judges and jurors as all other criminals? Some of our judges are as stupid and liberal as these politician's are, so they would need to be fired first. What a sickening mess we are in.
    Dot Whitley

• Timothy Bashor

02/18/2020 10:45 AM

Mike,

I understand your comment about both sides in the seat reclining incident. However, in this instance, I think the man was being a bully because he was in a unique position that allowed him to be abusive to this woman. She had no ability to reciprocate or respond except to give into and reward his behavior. Furthermore, I fly frequently, am tall and have a bad back from my 22 years in the Marines. I carefully choose my seat so that I know that it reclines because sitting upright in those seats can literally be painful. What this situation really highlights beyond the immaturity of the bully, is that the airlines are continuing to design their cabins in ways that maximize their profits over the comfort and safety of their customers. In this case, I think that safety is a concern because a situation like this could very easily have gotten out of control. Had this guy persisted in this type of behavior with some people, it may well have escalated into a physical altercation. I can well imagine that I would have had a very difficult time controlling myself in the manner the woman was able to simply because she was at a physical disadvantage and this course of action was the only one left to her.

• Emma C Williams

02/18/2020 10:40 AM

When is anybody going to pay for this? Or will they be vindicated like Andrew McCabe. This is very disheartening to know there's evidence showing collusion and all are getting away with it.

• Phyllis Lindburg

02/18/2020 10:39 AM

I have been saying for a long time that what ever the Dems are accusing Trump of doing is what they are doing, but NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE WHAT ILLEGAL THINGS THE DEMS ARE DOING!!!!!!!!! I use to say that it didn't matter what America did they were wrong and the Russians were right. That is how I feel now about the democrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 17, 2020

• Jerry D Woods

02/18/2020 11:15 AM

• Joe Thomas

02/18/2020 11:15 AM

• Anne Berry

02/18/2020 11:07 AM

Nothing will happen to anyone that is a Democrap...It never does.

• Sandra McKinley

02/18/2020 11:06 AM

• Margot R Quinn

02/18/2020 11:02 AM

Dear Gov. Huckabee, THANK YOU!

This report is plain DISGUSTING! WHO CAN WE TRUST!!
    Sincerely,

• Elizabeth Miller

02/18/2020 10:59 AM

• Donald Williams

02/18/2020 10:57 AM

• PEM

02/18/2020 10:56 AM

Great Bible verse! Judgement day is coming!

• Charles Koppenhoefer