July 6, 2018

Looking back through my files, I found that upon Obama’s win in 2008, even though I worked hard for McCain and was very concerned about Obama’s lack of experience and far-left ideas, I congratulated him and said we should all pray for his success because he was the President of all of us now and his successes or failures would be those of our entire nation.  On his Inauguration day in 2009, I wrote this:

TRENDING: Time to replace the income tax with the Fair Tax

“Our new President faces a staggering array of problems, from the economy to the terrorist threat.  For all the cheering supporters and platoons of advisors, the ultimate decisions and their consequences will fall to him alone.  My hope is that the loyal opposition on the Republican side will work with Obama on areas of agreement and show him the respect a President is due, even when they disagree and vigorously oppose.  After eight years of relentless and often personal attacks on President Bush, Americans could use a good example not only of how to cooperate, but of how to disagree without demonizing.”

We could still use that, now more than ever.  And may I say (with apologies for using such blue language in a public forum):  “Double standard, my foot!”

SUBSCRIBE TO THE EVENING EDITION:  Subscribe here.

To Maxine Waters, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, April Ryan, Robert DeNiro, Don Lemon, Joy Behar and all the other foaming-at-the-mouth NeverTrumpers: Americans are beyond fed up with the relentless, sneering disrespect of our duly-elected President and his family, and the downgrading and dismissal of his accomplishments.  It’s coming across as childish, selfish and disrespectful to tens of millions of Americans as well.  If you have a disagreement with Trump’s policies, then explain it intelligently and respectfully – you know, like an adult.  Otherwise, we’ll continue to pay you as much attention as we would a toddler who’s been throwing the same tantrum for 18 months.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• George Wiggin

07/07/2018 05:36 PM

I've seen very limited attempts by the Democratic opposition to work with Republicans. They are too busy opposing everything sensible to try and make real sense out of their stance... It would be great if love of Country and helpful attitudes would somehow be shown...

• George Wiggin

07/07/2018 05:35 PM

• Lisa Neely

07/07/2018 04:52 PM

Re: “Americans are fed up”. My reply: TOTALLY!!!!!!!! I’m tired of the ignorant, rude, condescending behavior of those who seek to ruin our American principles and values. I hate to say this but I believe a lot of this is incited by immigrants!!

• Rob Page

07/07/2018 03:30 PM

Well, Governor.... the "comment" made around 3:43am gives an indication of just how much it takes to get published. As for you and yours, keep on keeping on brother.

• Scott Baker

07/07/2018 03:07 PM

I KNOW you ALWAYS mean well, but praying for Barack's success was praying for America's demise. It'd have been like cheering for - dare I say - Hitler's success.

• David Bevil

07/07/2018 02:58 PM

I too was strongly against Obama and was so disappointed that he was elected twice. Having said that, he was our President and as a veteran if he had told me to ruck up and go to another war I would have done so. I still paid my taxes, did not demonstrate and did not vilify him. I did vilify his Policies. NOT the man.

• Jane Canfield

07/07/2018 02:09 PM

I agree completely, Mike!

• Karen Oster

07/07/2018 01:55 PM

I quit watching the view a long time ago. They are evil and a disgrace to the American people. We supported Obama even if we didn't like him, not the liberals today. They are mindless morons and prove it every day.

• Pat hempfield

07/07/2018 01:50 PM

We are 100% behind you. Well said !!!!!

• LANA JACOBS

07/07/2018 01:19 PM

Go Mike Go! Love your newsletters, Love your TV Show, Love your daughter Sara (a truly classy lady). And then, there's that great quick wit sense of humor of yours!!! I know where to find THE TRUTH regarding a subject or situation....Mike Huckabee! Oh, yes, and THANK YOU for standing firm for the the US Constitution and the Ten Commandments. Bless you 20 fold for all you do for God's Kingdom here on Planet Earth.

• Lyle R. Hinkle

07/07/2018 12:50 PM

I congratulate you on recognizing the problem and being able to explain it to all of us so that we can understand the problems we face. I would encourage you to continue being the kind of spokesperson we truly need in today's time. I thank you for your presence in our news community.

• Gayle Acosta

07/07/2018 12:38 PM

Thank you. I was respectful when Obama won. I disagreed with almost every move he made. I acted as I feel anyone should when they lose. Accept the disappointment and work towards a win next time. Work with that winner as much as possible for the good of the country. I am tired of the nasty childish democrats and a whole bunch of their side is too. Thank you for your blog. I did enjoy reading all you write. God bless you.

• Joan Logan

07/07/2018 12:18 PM

I totally agree with you! The behavior of many of the left is appalling to me. And by the way, I love the gracious way your daughter handled the restaurant experience and the way she handles the press.

• Jim Kindle

07/07/2018 12:04 PM

I do no disagree with most all you say and know you are a great Conservative but feel we need to start using the Term American when ever we want to say conservative which put the liberals wondering what they should be called (I know and so do you), so if conservatives are classified as Americans it puts them on the defensive for a change. One more thing you said I find hard to believe any American (cons) could possible do is support John McCain as far back to when he took office his record beyond doubt on voting showed him to be the Ted Kennedy of the South West. I will not vote for anyone until I research their voting records based on the Constitutional and when he got his NDAA bill passed that should have told anyone in the know just where he stands!!!

• JANICE PIATT

07/07/2018 11:55 AM

Mike, I always enjoy you pithy, relevant comments. You put so many situations in context and clarity. Love the article on Mrs. Cothern's Lesson and Americans Are Fed UP. Keep up the good work.

• Dolores

07/07/2018 11:54 AM

I thought I had been outraged to the limit by the disgusting assault on a duly elected American President by a group of people who don’t know their navels from a hole in the wall. But the replay of Diane Feinstein’s grilling of a Roman Catholic judge now a Supreme Court possible nominee, has hit the garbage bag out of the park. How dare anyone challenge the ability of another human being to be fair and just on the basis of their faith? How mind-boggling that a Jewish woman whose ancestors have endured more horrors because of their faith than History can chronicle, would demean a Catholic woman who incidentally can claim as many ancestors who endured persecutions that defy comprehension? We need a reset and we need it yesterday! What about a Hindi? What about a Moslem? Or what about a practicing Jew? Should they be challenged on their ability to be fair and impartial on the grounds of their faiths?

• Stephen Russell

07/07/2018 11:32 AM

Why honor these fools when they dont Honor OUR choice, Makes no sense.
    Leftists are worth talking 2.
    Narrow minded, bias, into one self, ignorant & elitists.
    No More Mr Nice Guy here on out, Trumps shown US the way.

• Dot Whitley

07/07/2018 11:17 AM

I appreciate that you have a stomach strong enough to watch these programs. The view being one of them .When you have the job of reporting their nonsense you have to listen to them. I never could watch these shows where women are showing the world how great they think they are, and getting paid to ruin the lives of those who follow them. Life is short, and they are wasting precious time. Thank God for the women who are blessed by Him.

• Terry Nixon

07/07/2018 10:59 AM

Mike I agree 100%! Anyone who mocked or criticized Obama at all was immediately labeled "racist." There was no discussion. It was simply "You hate him because he is black." But now rabid hate spews from those same people's mouths towards Trump.

There has only been one perfect person in the world and he was crucified. We all make mistakes and wrong decisions or a decisions with unintended consecuences from time to time.

I had real concerns about Mr. Trump when he was a candidate, however the alternative candidates were downright scary. My opinion is that some of the votes Trump received were actually votes against the other candidates.

I believe overall, he has accomplished some major tasks that have been ignored for far too long. One of those tasks is to show the voters and taxpayers the dirty inside of politics and government, and to try to change what he can to begin to clean-up our government. We all know that no company or corporation could ever survive being run as our country has been in the past. Things will not change overnight as change takes time, but President Trump does have the right idea.

Do I agree with everything he does? The answer is "No." But his heart and thoughts are in the right place!

• Terry VanHouten

07/07/2018 10:57 AM

I agree 100% ! It is impossible to have any degree of respect for these high profile individuals who continue to show a total disrespect for the office of President. They weaken the respect that the rest of the world, both foe and friend, have for our country. By publicly displaying this constant rage because they didn't get their way in November of 2016 they project a position of weakness and division to those who would look to see us fail. When other countries see this opening they most certainly will use it to their advantage in any way they can, such as not working with our President to resolve trade issues, testing our military resolve, and proclaiming that the once might America has lost it's grit and it's respect as a leader of free society. Those who continue to degrade our nation by their actions will be responsible for the results they achieve.

• Ronald Petit

07/07/2018 10:36 AM

Great article Mike. In addition to the viscious people you listed, my concern and belief is that these people, with their violent behavior, encourage untold thousands to follow in their footsteps. Imagine if one of those people is mentally ill, like the fellow at the congressional softball game. I also believe their vile comments bleed down into our culture in general, shutting off dialogue so peoples feelings and beliefs have to go underground. I believe this poisoning of first amendment dialogue bleeds into places people often don't think about like at family gatherings and in domestic violence situations. These patterns are rotting our republic from the inside and need to stop. I can state these things as I have worked as a licensed family counselor for 44 years and have seen it. What I have seen turns my stomach. Thanks for listening. Feel free to use this statement however you wish.

• Rick Locke

07/07/2018 10:32 AM

In our house we don't call it "The News". We call it "The Shrews".

• Stephana Holmes

07/07/2018 10:23 AM

MIKE, You NAILED IT PERFECTLY, As if I had "written" it myself. WHEN will these morons "GROW UP" ??? I "AM" FED UP With "Their" EXTREME NONSENSE. Just Think of HOW MUCH 'MORE" GOOD Trump Could "DO" WITHOUT OPPOSITION !!!! Thank God for the #WALKWAY Movement !!!! "Normal" (Is there such a thing ? lol), Average Democrats are LEAVING the Now "DEAD" DEMOCRATIC PARTY in Droves !!!! Walking Away from the Democratic Plantation. Yay. Even THEY DON'T WANT SOCIALISM / COMMUNISM !!!! THAT Speaks VOLUMES.... ONE THING TRUMP MUST MUST MUST DO B4 Dec. 2018....... He MUST "LOCK HER UP" for HER MANY CRIMES AGAINST AMERICA, Because "SHE" WILL "run" again, If Not. Yes, I Am Referring To OLD HILLARY. We CANNOT ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN. THAT IS ONE PROMISE TRUMP NEEDS TO FULFILL.

• philip crane

07/07/2018 10:23 AM

Governor...... The past presidential election did not follow script. It was to finish the transformation of the USA into a European country, then proceed to change it's culture and populace further left. Remember, the two big "entities" in the EU are and were led by women taking this same tack.
    The leftist in America comes in two packages....."wealth/power" and "The Saul Alinsky" factions. With the lose of Hilary Clinton they combined and are now causing chaos. Their main themes are women empowerment (the hate for the male/white male), elimination of most of the US Constitution and Social Justice (freeing of convicts and illegals).
    Here is the main reason for all that is happening now. America woke up just in time and elected Donald trump, through a field of nine candidates and Hilary, one evil woman, to ascend to the presidency of this country. It wasn't supposed to happen this way...in fact it was a guarantee that Trump would not take office. They are still working the back alley and rat holes to change it.
    This is all being done because TRUMP is a WHITE MAN and the left hates them insanely. The rest is just icing on the cake to remove him or worse. It's time to start bringing the leaders of this treachery, treason and schemes to justice now...no matter their names or positions in life.

• Joseph J McKay Jr

07/07/2018 10:22 AM

Thank you Mike. I'm happy to know you as a "voice" for God, and our great republic. Keep "fighting the good fight".

July 6, 2018

TRENDING: Time to replace the income tax with the Fair Tax

SUBSCRIBE TO THE EVENING EDITION:  Subscribe here.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• George Wiggin

07/07/2018 05:36 PM

• George Wiggin

07/07/2018 05:35 PM

• Lisa Neely

07/07/2018 04:52 PM

• Rob Page

07/07/2018 03:30 PM

• Scott Baker

07/07/2018 03:07 PM

• David Bevil

07/07/2018 02:58 PM

• Jane Canfield

07/07/2018 02:09 PM

I agree completely, Mike!

• Karen Oster

07/07/2018 01:55 PM

• Pat hempfield

07/07/2018 01:50 PM

We are 100% behind you. Well said !!!!!

• LANA JACOBS

• JANICE PIATT

07/07/2018 11:55 AM

• Dolores

07/07/2018 11:54 AM

• Stephen Russell

07/07/2018 11:32 AM

Why honor these fools when they dont Honor OUR choice, Makes no sense.
    Leftists are worth talking 2.
    Narrow minded, bias, into one self, ignorant & elitists.
    No More Mr Nice Guy here on out, Trumps shown US the way.

• Dot Whitley

07/07/2018 11:17 AM

• Terry Nixon

07/07/2018 10:59 AM

• Terry VanHouten

07/07/2018 10:57 AM

• Ronald Petit

07/07/2018 10:36 AM

• Rick Locke

07/07/2018 10:32 AM

In our house we don't call it "The News". We call it "The Shrews".

• Stephana Holmes