June 15, 2017

The big story overnight is that special counsel Robert Mueller is reportedly investigating President Trump for obstruction of justice in firing former FBI Director James Comey. This despite the fact that several top intelligence officials and even Comey himself have admitted under oath that Trump did nothing to obstruct the investigation of the “Russian collusion” story for which no evidence has ever been unearthed, and that as President, Trump has the legal authority to fire the FBI Director at any time for any reason, including that he didn’t like how an investigation is going. So why would Mueller be wasting taxpayer money investigating Trump for something he hasn’t been accused of and that he has the power to do anyway? Shouldn’t Mueller be busy explaining why he shouldn’t step down himself for his obvious conflicts of interest due to his newly-exposed deep personal ties to his own top witness, Comey?

Well, there could be a simple explanation. The story came from the Washington Post, which cited unnamed sources close to the investigation. If that’s true, then the sources are leaking information about a confidential federal investigation, which is a federal crime, and Mueller should immediately help root them out so that they can be arrested and prosecuted if he wants his investigation to maintain even a shred of credibility. If it’s not true, then it will join an ever-growing list of anti-Trump WaPo stories based on anonymous sources that made big headlines but later turned out to be a giant pile of used diapers. So maybe the prudent thing to do would be to wait until the claim is verified by a more reputable source than WaPo, like Mueller himself or the National Enquirer, or possibly a Magic 8-Ball.

• DeEtte Moon

06/16/2017 02:40 PM

The lies coming from the Washington Post are so frequent that only those who want to believe those lies believe them anymore.

Thank God for truthful posts, like yours!

• Bill Kohl

06/16/2017 02:37 PM

Media controls what we think of Russia. Ask yourself...what the hell do we know about Russia? What are their little girls and boys taught from kindergarten to high school graduation? How many learn English? Religious values in the schools? What are their laws like? How are their military and police trained to care for their people, their kids, and others? Do they have good leaders or corrupt leaders? Any American that has at least stepped foot in the country is a wealth of knowledge compared to the rest of us, no matter our training. We have been hunting communist sympathisers since the 1950s. What do we gain by teaching our people to hate 150 million people. What are we showing them? Maybe we will never be best of friends but the more we get to know each other helps the world. So they want to control and manipulate us? Like our media does not own us? Religions knocking on our doors telling us all their side verses Gods? How many countries elections have we interfered with? Leaders spied on? Before President Trump of course? I suppose we all should become lawyers. One field that will never be out of work.

• Cathy Kilminster

06/16/2017 02:32 PM

Mike, I agree with you 100%. I heard that Mueller has hired a group that would not be favorable to Trump in this investigation. Frankly, I am sick and tired of the entire thing. This is something that the Democrats have cooked up due to Hillary losing the election. Trump, not being a politician, is fair game to all of this. I am sick about hearing that the Russians are coming, the Russians are coming. This sounds like some sort of fairy tale.

I support Donald Trump, and he has kept his promises and is doing a good job.

• Wes Wooley

06/16/2017 02:26 PM

Thanks Mike, for being diligent in keeping us informed on so many of these issues. I knew the swamp was deep and wide, but it's unbelievable that even our justice departments are proving to be a huge point of the leaks....and the MSM just ignores that fact. We must stay steady to rid our country of these problems.
    Many Thanks to you....

• David Bradley

06/16/2017 02:22 PM

At what point is a newspaper held responsible for throwing out false allegations that are costing the taxpayers millions of dollars to chase down? How can one small group of editors hold our entire nation captive by simply tossing up what-ifs and claiming to have the footnotes to prove it without producing those footnotes?

• Walter Allen

06/16/2017 02:22 PM

Mike, who do I believe? MSM spouts all variety of stories about the POTUS. FOX NEWS announces changes in their "fair and balanced " reporting. Trump says one thing and Sen. McCain says another. I don't want to loose faith in our system of government, but I believe we are wittinessing the beginning of the fall of the US. I am 65 years old. My dad was a WW II vet. My mother was a principal of an elementary school. I am a Christian. Do you think our system of government will survive?

• Kathy Delaney

06/16/2017 02:21 PM

Mike:

Bottom line is that 99% of all politicians are corrupt. They have too many "Friends" and try to take care of each other.

These people are in charge and making decisions to help their "GREED" and take away from the working class! I wish they had to live on my monthly income for just one month. Just to see how the working class live. They would not be able to do it for a month, maybe a few days!

• Elaine Kuebler

06/16/2017 02:12 PM

Keep up the great work Mike! I donate when I'm able but will pray for you and President Trump (and our government and country) while we slog through the hatred! Thank you for your amazing insight into the truth of what's happening and your tenacity and brilliant writing style (and humor) to bring it to light.

• Richie Aanderud

06/16/2017 02:00 PM

Millions and millions of Muslim children-who are now Teens and adults, have TREMEMNDOUS PTSD FROM GROWING UP IN WAR ZONES , all of their lives. ANGER PROBLEMS ETC. do we want these millions of PTSD citizens in America. ???

• Eunice Yanoviak

06/16/2017 01:42 PM

THE LEFT HAS 2 PEAS FOR A BRAIN, 1 PEA IS LOST & THE OTHER 1 CAN"T FIND THE OTHER PEA.

• Tom Yates

06/16/2017 01:42 PM

Thank you for helping us understand this quagmire. I hope it can be resolved soon.

• Belinda Parker

06/16/2017 01:34 PM

Mueller is connected to the wrong side of our government, including. When he received this position my heart sank and my prayers were spacific. Need I say more.
    PS thank you for changing the font on your post. Love you M. Huckabee. May the Lord God Jehovah Bless you and yours.

• Carolyn Graves

06/16/2017 01:26 PM

Jury duty: Do you know the Judge? the Prosecutor? The Defense Lawyer? The Defendant? The Police officer? Any of the family of the Defendant? Yes - you are excused, thank you for coming.

• Bob Ennis

06/16/2017 01:23 PM

Your commentaries are great. Why not submit one or more to NYT and/or WaPo as op-ed pieces to get a wider audience? I would vote for you for president even though we may disagree somewhat on social issues.

Bob Ennis

• Andrea L Putnam Struble

06/16/2017 01:17 PM

I agree whole heartedly with you in regards to leaks and investigations. I liken it to a pot of rotten smelly stew being stirred while it is still on the stove. Thank you for your service GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS Amen ?????????? <>>

• Suzanne Russell

06/16/2017 01:17 PM

Please make that thought very prevalent in the news if you can! It's a very valid point that the source should be validated before the investigation can be going forward.

• Debbie oliver

06/16/2017 12:58 PM

I agree with you totally im proud to call donald trump my president as a christian . Why doesnt he fire him? I guess the democrATES would have a heart attack.why isnt he in investigating hillary?

• Lynn Johnson

06/16/2017 12:52 PM

Mike: You are an eloquent spokesman for sensibility and righteous truth. I thank God for you! How is it we are watching the systematic dismantling of our country by leftist anarchistic mobs and traitorous government officials yet our R leadership appears to be looking the other way! The blatantly felonious are escaping and the noble are facing judicial assault. Everything is upside down & backwards-we are in Wonderland. The radical vitriol is becoming institutionalized. I fear that we are on the brink of civil war fomented by Soros and other community-organizing Alinskyites we will refrain from naming here. We are facing sedition as well as Islamic terrorist infiltration & domination. The "free" west is on the verge of enslavement yet I see only complacency from Ryan and McConnell and the Courts. Could their complacency be compliance? I pray daily for the deliverance of our country from this ambient evil.

• Mary Margaret Brown

06/16/2017 12:52 PM

Fire Mueller. He should never have taken the assignment as the star witness is a good friend and that is a conflict of interest. Comey should be investigated by stealing documents belonging to the federal government but of course Mueller gave him immunity. I wish the president would fire Rosenstein for playing both sides.

• Lyle Claflin

06/16/2017 12:51 PM

I see very plainly that the losers in this election are going to side track our president at every turn so he can not focus on the task at hand, to fix a broken America. It is time for "the people" to start class action law suits against these Senior political parties that insist on impeding our new governing body from doing the job we elected them to do. Mike I'm not sure how that would work but if the people behind this crap were to have to pay for their own legal fees they may stop all this and get back to work.
    We are seeing the start of the north against the old south all over again. A civil war. All because they lost and they were so close with Obama at archiving there goal of socialism and a one world government, and currency etc.
    I'm old now, but can't help but think about what kind of world is in store for my grand kids if this continues on.
    Thanks Mike.
    PS I would have voted for you if I had it my way. God bless.

• Tom Buttram

06/16/2017 12:51 PM

Spot on, Mike. You are more than a man of God, you're a minister of Truth in a place where Truth is hard to find and these day--hard to define.

• Patricia Savage

06/16/2017 12:51 PM

Dear mike huckabee I'm speechless to the hate that is trying to divide this country but GOD is still on His throne an knows exactly what's going on down here on earth especially in the White House so would it be possible for you to call for a day of prayer for our president an vice president an all loyal trustworthy subjects working for them. Let's give this battle to GOD so He can get the glory, thank you an GOD bless you an your family

• kathleen pendlebury

06/16/2017 12:50 PM

You always bring out the ridiculous irony of the "matter" (let's not call it an investigation!)

• Darryl Davison

06/16/2017 12:49 PM

Right ON!

• Ken Lawyer

06/16/2017 12:47 PM

No doubt all of this hoopla about the alleged Trump collusion with Russia that's in the news is on a much higher scale and at much higher stakes than what goes on in a nearby school district, but coming from an experienced high school assistant principal who has dealt with these kinds of investigations for 17 years with high school students and teachers it's all a bunch of smoke. Surely, Trump's team realizes that the left has created false narratives to preoccupy him in putting out these contrived events. My best advice to students was if it isn't true then just ignore it. Your true friends know who you are and they know the rumors are just that - rumors. These preconceived distractions are to keep Trump and his team from accomplishing their goals and to keep the DOJ from arresting and prosecuting federal political criminals. It's time to read I Corinthians 13:11 - "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." Trump received many votes from God fearing people who are anxious for him to "Drain the Swamp!" We are probably the closest things he's got to friends. My advice to those students would be more of the same to him. No doubt the Congressional hearings are much higher than a parent conference but tell that to a teenager who just lost their cellphone and the car.

• norma s holmes

06/16/2017 12:38 PM

What a breath of fresh air and commn sense you are! We really need your words and face to sort out the awefl pollution of air waves and print media! PLEASE keep writing, speaking up! Amen!

• Dot Finley

06/16/2017 12:37 PM

I agree. I do think that we should focus more on the good things that Trump's administration has accomplished.Look what has been happening while EVERYONE was distracted!

• alica cervera

06/16/2017 12:36 PM

If Comey exhonerated Trump from collusion AND obstruction I see no REASon to calll mueller and get several lawyers, almost all DEMS to find the nonexisting needle in the stack, or they invent one. I dont trust Mueller, I dont trust what they are doing, and I think Rrosenstein should remove Meuller and assign another person. After alll, Comey paved the road fr Meuller being the BEST there is and that Americans should be Convinced of his decisiĆ³n. Why? jUST BECAUSE HIS BUDDY SAID SO? i DONT LIKE IT AT ALL. tHERES A WITCH HUNT GOING ON AND pRES. TRUMP is right, he has never been wrong on his hunches.! REMOVE MEULLER! Please!!! The donkeys WiLL do ANUTHING to bring the Pres. down. EVEN if he has done nothing wrong. Why not investIgate Hitlery, Lynch, Bill, colllusion of them with Russia and Uranium sale'''?? Just this fact is a RED FLAG in where their ideology and intents lie.!!!

• Lee Morris

06/16/2017 12:23 PM

I agree with you whole heartedly. If this investigation must carry on (and sounds like it will), I wish they would hurry up and get it over with.

• Skip Gainer

06/16/2017 12:22 PM

First Mueller should never should have been appointed to this job. Mueller and Comey are to close of friends and working partners., Mueller`s job was done already out of Comey`s own mouth he wasn`t put under any pressure by Trump same thing said by heads of other agencies, no pressure. So why is Mueller now making things up to investigate? Does he need the taxpayer money that bad or is he going to look and find some made up problem?

• Sean Decker

06/16/2017 12:18 PM

May God continue to bless you and your family. Tell your daughter to keep up the good work!

• Anne M. Beck

06/16/2017 12:17 PM

My family and I still support President Trump!! He is trying his best to turn this country around so we can be proud Americans once again. His foreign policy shows that we are strong and to be respected. And the best part of the President's term is he is including GOD in all decisions. In all honesty, we were hoping you would win the nomination. However, we stand by our president and we are tired of all the things that are being made up to discredit him!!!!

• E.H. Ricci

06/16/2017 12:15 PM

I like the use of disposed diapers for the dispersions.
    The truth will shine~ with prayers for this to happen

• April Bartlett

06/16/2017 12:05 PM

love your commentaries, esp the magic 8-ball comment because that is the way it seemed. It seemed as truly qualified people posed questions about Obama's legitimacy and the press and others poo-poo'ed every question that was presented, that on the flip side the press and others are bringing clearly baseless accusations that are proven over and over to have no meat to them. Clearly, God heard His people's cry and put Trump and Pense (Trumpets??) in and only God will remove him. Try as they might, their boss (satan) is still just kicking against the goads but nowhere close to as powerful as God Almighty. Praying for our President and Vice President and their families.

• A. M. Turner

06/16/2017 12:05 PM

Well said, but I think that the only way to clean up the swamp called Washington would be to set term limits, two terms for senators and no more than 3-4 for the House. That would help get rid of power hungry Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Maxine Waters, Mitch McConnell and others. I don't think that the founding fathers ever dreamed that people would ever want to be lifelong professional swamp creatures!!

• william harkins

06/16/2017 12:05 PM

Yes, this is insane and you are absolutely correct...How can anybody govern in
    this kind of environment?
    What about Hillary Clinton taking a hammer to the server, laptops, ie...?
    Isn't that destruction of evidence?
    Thank you..get em Mike..bill from Texas!!

• Darrel Loar

06/16/2017 12:04 PM

Why doesn't somebody directly ask Mueller if that is true???

• Barbara Alvarez

06/16/2017 12:00 PM

I agree with everything you said.......I have always had a very high
    opinion of what you say!!!!.....Thank You!!

• Richard Delorme

06/16/2017 11:59 AM

Although the Attorney General Sessions recused himself, he still has a legal obligation to oversee ethical conduct of his employees. Thus he should transfer Mueller's entire staff to minor paperwork until the leakers are identifies.

• BILL HOGLUND

06/16/2017 11:52 AM

Right on, Mike!

• Cheryl Mizner

06/16/2017 11:50 AM

How long can the lies about our President drag out before the real Democrats start to wonder about getting rid of their own party leaders? Cause they have nothing and the Democrats are wasting a lot of their power spinning stories instead of doing anything positive. What a bunch of losers!!!

• A. M. Turner

06/16/2017 11:49 AM

Despite what happened this week the piling on continues. Nothing is going to change the hatred. The Middle East could suddenly be filled with democracies, our economy could be the best ever, health care coverage for all could be a reality, unemployment could be zero, the rest of the world could classify the President as a hero, and the hatred would not abate. They are unhinged.

Anne

• Linda Pratt

06/16/2017 11:48 AM

You're absolutely correct. Robert Mueller should step down. I read this in another conservative news outlet yesterday: Robert Mueller has hired additional attorneys to assist him; James Quarles, Jeannie Rhee, Andrew Weissmann, Aaron Zebley, and Michael Dreeben. Mueller, Quarles, Rhee and Zebley all left the law firm WilmerHale to join the investigation. All of them have contributed to the DNC or represented the Clintons and their aides in law suits of some kind or another over the last 10 years. Robert Mueller is best friends with James Comey. Does this concern me? You bet. My response. I'm praying these two scriptures daily: Mark 4:22 For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad and God said this in Habakkuk 1:4-6, "Therefore the law is slacked, and judgment does never go forth: for the wicked do compass about the righteous; therefore wrong judgment proceeds. Behold you among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marveously: for I will work a work in your days which you will not believe, though it be told you." God watches over his word to perform it. If we pray in agreement with the Lord and believe that he does what he says he will do, this does not look good for the other side. I'm just saying. :)

• teresa sharon bennett

06/16/2017 11:38 AM

I stand with President Trump. I stand with Mike Huckabee. Trump has a right to fire Comey. Its the law. There was no obstruction of justice. This is part of ongoing Democratic/Globalist ploy to take our President down.....THEY ARE OBSTRUCTING THE JUSTICE OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

• Raymond Harris

06/16/2017 11:30 AM

Sir, I look forward to reading your email everyday. You were my first choice to run for President last year because of your Christian and Conservative values!! I think your insights into every issue are so informative and factual!! I am sorry I don't have enough income to provide you a donation! I give a small amount to two children charities and starting this month I am giving support monthly support to my Granddaughter who is starting College soon!!! I have never seen such evil directed at the President and Americans by the Democratic Party in my 69 years and following politics since 1960!! May God continue to lead and Bless you and God Bless America!

• Mary Busam

06/16/2017 11:24 AM

Who can stop this witch hunt before Trumps Presidency is ruined? I know Trump is an honest man, trying to do what is best for this country. What we have going on here is Spiritual warfare! God gave us Trump! The devil wanted Hillary. Now he is angry. You can tell the devil is alive and well here because literally everyone on the left have lost their minds! Stupidity and violence are the normal! Even death. These are serious times and Trump has to be protected. How do we do that?

• Mary M Sorge

06/16/2017 11:23 AM

Dear Mike,
    I am so so sick of all these hearings on TV. Why do they have them when nothing is ever solved. First it was Hillary then they got caught up about Russia,then Comey. We never watch the news anymore as it is always the same crap. What this country has done to President Trump is terrible. I don't know how he puts up with all of it. The play in New York and that simple kathy Griffin is nothing but outrageous. Never thought I would live to see our country in the condition it is. The hate out there and lies are too much. Something really needs to be about it!!!

• April D Bringle

06/16/2017 11:20 AM

Thank you for your wisdom and humor...appreciate that so much about you...I am old enough and wise enough to see how this country has evolved backwards when it comes to respect, values, morals and other things that have for many years been a main part of "the American way"...it saddens me deeply to see how far backwards we, as a culture and society have gone and all I can say is that unless the leadership of this country steps up to the plate and puts respect of leadership back into this country, by enforcing criminal action imposed upon those who openly and maliciously target the leadership with such disrespectful, evil and derogatory attacks, we are headed way in the wrong direction...what ever happened to the laws that didn't allow disrespect of the president, or the flag of our country and this country in general...??? It seems it has all been replaced by "free speech"...but, only if it is the vicious people who are excising it...Christians and people with conservative values have no "free speech" any more without retaliation...we are on a slippery slope downward that is accelerating more rapidly every day and I believe our president needs to stand up before the people of this country and demand that "respect of others" has to be restored, be it by enforcing laws that are already in place, but are not being complied with or in other ways that I may not be aware of...but when the leadership of the country isn't at the very least respected by the people of the country, that country is in deep trouble of falling...God help us all...!!! It seems that good is fast being replaced with evil...

• john r. whittington

06/16/2017 11:18 AM

I fully appreciate your support for president Trump, he is trying to do good for our country against terrible odds, I voted for him and support him in my prayers! Oboma, Hillary,Comby; should be the ones on trial! Robert Mueller and the assistant attorney general should both be fired and replaced! Drain the swamp!

• Timothy Kotsay

06/16/2017 11:17 AM

Mike,
    I agree with you about finding the leakers in the government and firing them. I hope the special prosecutor goes after them. We must stop the leaks. It is undermining President Trumps ability to focus on America.

June 15, 2017

• DeEtte Moon

06/16/2017 02:40 PM

Thank God for truthful posts, like yours!

• Bill Kohl

06/16/2017 02:37 PM

• Cathy Kilminster

06/16/2017 02:32 PM

I support Donald Trump, and he has kept his promises and is doing a good job.

• Wes Wooley

06/16/2017 12:52 PM

• Mary Margaret Brown

06/16/2017 12:52 PM

• Lyle Claflin

06/16/2017 12:51 PM

Thanks Mike.
    PS I would have voted for you if I had it my way. God bless.

• Tom Buttram

• Sean Decker

06/16/2017 12:18 PM

• Anne M. Beck

06/16/2017 12:17 PM

• E.H. Ricci

06/16/2017 12:15 PM

I like the use of disposed diapers for the dispersions.
    The truth will shine~ with prayers for this to happen

• April Bartlett

06/16/2017 12:05 PM

• A. M. Turner

06/16/2017 12:05 PM

• william harkins

06/16/2017 12:05 PM

Yes, this is insane and you are absolutely correct...How can anybody govern in
    this kind of environment?
    What about Hillary Clinton taking a hammer to the server, laptops, ie...?
    Isn't that destruction of evidence?
    Thank you..get em Mike..bill from Texas!!

• Darrel Loar

06/16/2017 12:04 PM

Why doesn't somebody directly ask Mueller if that is true???

• Barbara Alvarez

06/16/2017 12:00 PM

I agree with everything you said.......I have always had a very high
    opinion of what you say!!!!.....Thank You!!

• Richard Delorme