A tale of two standards

December 8, 2018

A Tale of Two Standards:

1.  As a businessman with no prior political experience, President Trump sometimes tweets things that would be fine for someone in the private sector to say, but that violate some rule, written or unwritten, for what politicians are supposed to say.

Democratic reaction:  “Outrage! Investigation!! Special counsel!!! Impeachment!!!! PRISON!!!!!”

2.  “Democratic” socialist Representative-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweets a threat against the President’s son to target him with House subpoenas because she doesn’t like a meme he tweeted.  She backpedals after it’s pointed out that this is a clear violation of House ethics regulations against abuse of power and targeting citizens for exercising their free speech rights.

Democratic reaction: “Hey, she’s a newcomer to politics!  She didn’t know any better!  She didn’t mean any harm! It wasn’t really even a ‘threat!’  Say, why don’t you Republicans just chill out and quit being mean to her?!”

I think this proves how unfair it is to accuse the left of having no ethical standards.  In fact, they have so many ethical standards, it’s enough to make two completely different sets.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Today's Newsletter February 18 Edition

Today's Newsletter February 17 Edition

Today's Newsletter February 16 Edition

Today's Newsletter February 15 Edition

Today's Newsletter February 14 Edition

• Alex Zambra

12/08/2018 08:48 PM

Love your program and wit governor. God bless you.

• Patricia Durham

12/08/2018 07:26 PM

This is why I am loosing my faith in America. There are two sets of rules for Democrats and Republicans; rich and poor; and Liberals and conservatives. We are going down a very slippery slope that is going to be hard to get back up from.

• Brenda Kirste

12/08/2018 07:15 PM

The left of center politicians seem to always be given an exemption from being held accountable for their inappropriate and wrongful comments and practices. Abosolutely double mindedness is practiced by these wrongheaded hippocritical folks.

• John Parker

12/08/2018 07:12 PM

What do I think? I think you're an imbecile!

• joseph orsini

12/08/2018 06:58 PM

Not just ethical standards, but LEGAL STANDARDS also; viz Hillary's e-mail, etc.

• Beth Mulvihill

12/08/2018 06:54 PM

I got a funny feeling she is going to cause alot of trouble not just for the Republicans,but democrats too. She has said democrats are not socialist enough. She is a self proclaimed socialist.

• Patricia Reynolds

12/08/2018 06:50 PM

There are indeed two standards: one for those in power and one for rest of us. I call it the Political Royal vs. We the People. The only way to remedy the situation is to vote them out but enough people are not awake to the problem yet to see we can no longer have people who spend their entire life in elected office.

• Susan Redeford

12/08/2018 06:44 PM

I think we need to get Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez kicked out of her office and all Muslims and all other foreigners that are democrats. I think democrats have all lost their minds. I believe that Satan has them all working for him. I am 100% behind Donald Trump and his family.
    I wish that I was young and in better shape so I could do more for Donald Trump.
    I have never voted in any other election in my whole life because I knew that both democrats and republicans were working together to bringing in the New World Order. Donald Trump has given us a new chance to be free a little longer. He is a good man. I will vote for him again without a doubt. I don't care what they say about him and his family. It will not change my mind about him.
    When they were reading the results in all of the USA for who would be president, Hillary or Donald I got worried when Hillary started doing better. God spoke to me at that time and said, " Just Have Faith ". I knew Donald was going to win for sure. I believe he will win again.
    I believe no matter what they try to do to him they will fail. God is with Donald Trump and God never fails !

• maggie McCaul

12/08/2018 06:18 PM

How could anyone that stupid be elected to the office she was elected to sit in, that about all she will do for 4 years and get out with a nice paycheck for the rest of her life, beats the hell out of me.

• Joe Wilkerson

12/08/2018 06:17 PM

This time the dems are right; this woman has NO concept of how things work, but one thing she does do well, as most dems do when caught under the gate, she plays the victim role quiet well and she is learning how to use her power which is a dangerous thing to place in the hands of one so inept.

• Gwen Swank

12/08/2018 06:12 PM

I think Cortez is extremely dumb and will have a difficult time as a member of the House. She needs to learn more and shut her mouth

• Ronald a Grell

12/08/2018 06:08 PM

She ran for office you would think she might find out the rules , not knowing them is not a good reason!!
    Mike keep up the good work.
    RAG

• maggie McCaul

12/08/2018 05:50 PM

I totally agree with you. Just winning an election does not give anyone the expertise that a seasoned politician has in communicating. Some of the seasoned politicians haven't told the voters the truth in so long, I'm not certain they would know what the truth is. Enjoy your commentary.

• Kimi Parish

12/08/2018 05:46 PM

We are so tired of the double standard we are subject to. It's time for conservatives and republicans to fight back or this country and our way of life will fail. This great experiment will not be in place for the future generations that come after us.
    Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Kim Parish

• Judith K Nolte

12/08/2018 05:46 PM

I am so tried of the clear Double Standard and "Outright Hatred" that is being displayed against the President!
    I am also tired of people making promises when they are running for office and then "Back Peddle" or fail to follow through with the promises that were made. I live in Arizona and I ABSOLUTELY believe in Building the wall on the US/Mexican Border. The attitude of say anything to get elected and then do NOT Follow through with it is outrageous. In the "Real World" people would be fired for this!

• Judith Radley

12/08/2018 05:12 PM

You are right on! There will ALWAYS be double standards by stupid and ignorant people! Actually the proper term is 'over-educated idiots'! The type of people who love to line their walls with 'wall paper from liberal brain-washing educational institutions' called degrees. Degrees of idiot-levels. The PhD, 'pile of horse dung', is just a piece of paper stating they have a right to be arrogant and uninformed of real life living. I would rely on the wisdom of a street person before that of a PhD. In many cases, the street wise is far more informed and intelligent than the PhD any way. Maybe it comes from the PhD holder's inability to know how to laugh at themselves and have humility teach them where the true intellect comes from, and it is from God. Jesus Christ never had a PhD, so that tells you all you ever need to know. Jesus Christ was a street person, wasn't he? And God created Him in His own image. Liberals will never understand that concept at all. If they do, then they truly aren't liberals. God doesn't care what 'wall paper' is on His faithful children's wall at all. His love, wisdom, and truth, is the Cross.

• Judy Dulski

12/08/2018 05:09 PM

I wish President Trump could stop calling people names. I voted for him for the immigration policy, the economy, tariffs and was tired of the politicians.

I like what he had done and what he is trying to accomplish. I get his use of Twitter because he gets no credit from the main stream media.

The Name Calling makes him look bad. And it makes me cringe. Dumb as a rock, weak, slow. Not necessary.

• Carol Kirchner

12/08/2018 04:58 PM

I so appreciate your level head about all this ado about nothing! I can’t understand what people get so fussed up about!

• Elizabeth B Crouse

12/08/2018 04:55 PM

I wish President Trump would be less name calling with his tweets and maybe less of them I support him but know that turns so many off

• Richard Rettke

12/08/2018 04:54 PM

The Dems certainly aren't cutting Ivanka any slack for being a newcomer in regards the alleged email scandal (Not)!

• Sam L Kemp

12/08/2018 04:48 PM

It's just like everything else Governor, none of the rules apply to the condecending, sanctimonious left. It'll never change. We just have to a better job keeping them out of power.

• Charles H King Jr

12/08/2018 04:30 PM

Your abundant standards comment is so true. When did being a newcomer and not knowing the rules become a defense to anything. If you don't know the rules you don't play the game! I don't listen to much about Representative-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez but what I do know is that I don't think she knows much of anything about what she is about to do. Or should I say what she thinks she is about to do.
    Keep up the good work Governor. Your articles are among the few that I can trust to be accurate. God Bless you.

• Lola Wyatt

12/08/2018 04:30 PM

she should get the same reactions as they give our President if she is that naïve she should not be in office

• David Smithermanhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1W-rQE2m8s

12/08/2018 04:23 PM

Sounds like a threat to me.

• Patrick Mock

12/08/2018 04:22 PM

Rep. Ocasio-cortez is an airhead and she keeps proving it over and over again. She is joining the long line of hypocrisy known as the the Democrat party. In point of fact, I think that should be their new moniker... Hypocritic Party.

A tale of two standards

December 8, 2018

A Tale of Two Standards:

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Today's Newsletter February 18 Edition

Today's Newsletter February 17 Edition

Today's Newsletter February 16 Edition

Today's Newsletter February 15 Edition

Today's Newsletter February 14 Edition

• Alex Zambra

12/08/2018 08:48 PM

Love your program and wit governor. God bless you.

• Patricia Durham

12/08/2018 07:26 PM

• Brenda Kirste

12/08/2018 07:15 PM

• John Parker

12/08/2018 07:12 PM

What do I think? I think you're an imbecile!

• joseph orsini

• Joe Wilkerson

12/08/2018 06:17 PM

• Gwen Swank

12/08/2018 06:12 PM

• Ronald a Grell

12/08/2018 06:08 PM

Mike keep up the good work.
    RAG

• Charles H King Jr

12/08/2018 04:30 PM

• Lola Wyatt

12/08/2018 04:30 PM

• David Smithermanhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1W-rQE2m8s

12/08/2018 04:23 PM

Sounds like a threat to me.

• Patrick Mock

12/08/2018 04:22 PM

A tale of two standards

December 8, 2018

A Tale of Two Standards:

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Today's Newsletter February 18 Edition

Today's Newsletter February 17 Edition

Today's Newsletter February 16 Edition

Today's Newsletter February 15 Edition

Today's Newsletter February 14 Edition

• Alex Zambra

12/08/2018 08:48 PM

Love your program and wit governor. God bless you.

• Patricia Durham

12/08/2018 07:26 PM

• Brenda Kirste

12/08/2018 07:15 PM

• John Parker

12/08/2018 07:12 PM

What do I think? I think you're an imbecile!

• joseph orsini

• Joe Wilkerson

12/08/2018 06:17 PM

• Gwen Swank

12/08/2018 06:12 PM

• Ronald a Grell

12/08/2018 06:08 PM

Mike keep up the good work.
    RAG

• Charles H King Jr

12/08/2018 04:30 PM

• Lola Wyatt

12/08/2018 04:30 PM

• David Smithermanhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1W-rQE2m8s

12/08/2018 04:23 PM

Sounds like a threat to me.

• Patrick Mock