March 2, 2017

The liberal fever dreams over President Trump being some sort of Russian Manchurian candidate have now reached a critical mass of hysterical paranoia far beyond anything that came out of the 1950s “red scare” they keep making movies about.

In the Democrats’ latest public meltdown, Congressional Minority Leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are both demanding that Attorney General Jeff Sessions resign, with Pelosi thundering that he was “not fit to serve as the top law enforcement officer of our country” for allegedly lying under oath to Congress by denying having contact with Russia in the past year. Just to be clear, here is the written question from Sen. Pat Leahy that he was asked:

“Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after Election Day?”

Sessions said no. It’s now been reported that he did speak on two occasions to the Russian ambassador in the past year, but he says that as part of his duties as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, he spoke with ambassadors of a number of countries, but at no time did he discuss the 2016 election or the Trump campaign, so his answer was honest and accurate. He called any accusations otherwise a false story.

(Just as a reminder: throughout the Obama Administration, Pelosi and Schumer never called on Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch to resign, despite Holder being charged with contempt of Congress and Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton in private while overseeing a federal investigation of his wife, at the time the leading presidential candidate. It’s heartening to discover that they now have such a rigid standard of conduct for Attorneys General, but I can’t help wondering where it was prior to November 8, 2016.)

At this point, it’s worth taking a step back and reminding ourselves of how all this hysteria over Russia that’s been drummed up by the Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) got started. It all grew out of one of several ridiculous, grasping-at-straws excuses for Hillary Clinton’s election loss. In between blaming sexism and James Comey, they landed on the excuse that she lost because Russia hacked the DNC and John Podesta email servers (which had such lousy security they could have been hacked by a blind chimp) and gave the emails to WikiLeaks (which still denies Russia was the source). Those emails mostly just confirmed what even the aforementioned blind chimp already knew: a biased media were openly colluding with Hillary’s campaign to cheat Bernie Sanders and help get her elected President. Somehow, this became commonly referred to as “Russia hacked our election,” despite investigations turning up no proof of any irregularities at the ballot box.

The current paranoid hysteria by Democrats and the media over anyone related to Trump having any contact with anything remotely Russian, from nesting dolls to a bowl of borscht, is based on both a desperate effort to delegitimize Trump's Administration and their own psychological inability to accept the reality that Hillary Clinton lost the election because she carried only 489 out of 3112 counties nationwide (i.e., just 20 out of 50 states). They can't bring themselves to admit they nominated a terrible candidate and a worse campaigner, deeply disliked and distrusted, with more baggage than American Airlines, whose platform consisted of being female and promising to double-down on failed liberal policies that about 70% of Americans thought were moving the country in the wrong direction. Also, she didn’t even campaign in must-win industrial states where people were losing their jobs while she was promoting transgender bathrooms and promising to shut down more coal mines and power plants that employed voters. Trump was promising to “make America great again” while Hillary’s supporters were openly sneering at the suggestion that America was ever great at all.

And that’s why Hillary Clinton lost the election, Charlie Brown. Once again, I quote singer/songwriter Graham Parker: “Is this a Russian conspiracy? No, it’s just idiocy.” Now, with the insinuation that Jeff Sessions of all people is some sort of double-agent for the KGB, it’s become idiocy approaching insanity.

Please leave me a comment below.  I read them!

• Linda Grice

03/02/2017 10:52 PM

Very well said! Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this so well!

• Johan Swanepoel

03/02/2017 10:47 PM

Spot on!!!

• Tricia Livings

03/02/2017 10:45 PM

Its becoming crystal clear to me that the extreme left have no plan to stop at anything short of destroying our country. Of course, I believe Barak Obama is the man behind the madness. The left took his bait, hook, line and sinker. Furthermore, I believe his goal is to destroy the United States of America. The signs are ALL there. These are just attacks, and they will continue. Our leaders must be stronger than ever. We as a nation must stand firm in our prayers! The heartfelt prayers of Our People were answered when President Trump was elected. We must again know that only God can deliver our country from evil. And, deliver us He will. It's a fight only He can win.

• Steve McKenna

03/02/2017 10:33 PM

Well written Governor!

• Melody Davis

03/02/2017 09:49 PM

Thank you for explaining and bringing clarity to this issue. No where have I heard the actual question Mr Sessions was asked. His response seems reasonable. If I only listened to the media I would be left believing he lied. This includes most reports on Fox News. Thank you for sharing the facts.

• Walter Jimmo

03/02/2017 09:44 PM

Mr. Huckabee, I am just a plain blue collar man who is now retired due to my health...I dropped out of high school and enlisted when those who opposed Nam were running to Canada to avoid the draft. I enlisted in the Marines "OOORAH" but the only Nam I saw was from a freighter ship out of NY which was there to pick up refugees fleeing the Cong. We were security for the crew of that ship and we took thousands of refugees to Guam...when I returned to the states I was still labeled a baby killer because I came home in the uniform I was proud to be wearing...I felt this country was falling apart but when President Trump was campaigning, I knew that when he wins, this country will be great again, and he can't do it without great people like yourself sir......Thank you for all that you have done and will do in the future...

• Glenn Schulthies

03/02/2017 09:22 PM

I think you're right on the money, Mike. Poor butt-hurt loser Democrats are acting like a spoiled child on the cereal aisle who's not getting what he wants and then throwing a temper tantrum, I understand Hillary did just that when she found out she had not won the election...

• Jan Droski

03/02/2017 09:10 PM

I totally agree and well said. This is a Democrat witch hunt. Obama,Soros and Clinton behind it I am sure. Love you and keep it up. God bless America.

• Teresa McCauley

03/02/2017 08:59 PM

Trump is my President! The Democrats have made us his supporters who we are. I wish President could find Trey Gowdy a place and turn him loose!

• Susan Waller

03/02/2017 08:58 PM

Well said. Governor Huckabee, I love your way with words. I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said!

• Lynn Reese

03/02/2017 08:47 PM

I agree with you 100%. Jeff Sessions is a good man and would never ruin his integrity!

• Shelly Nowlin

03/02/2017 08:04 PM

Thank you, Mike, for posts that get to the nitty gritty while maintaining a touch of levity. Appreciate you! Keep it up.

• Sandy Hillman

03/02/2017 07:28 PM

Our society has deteriorated to the point they cannot even think for themselves. This has been going on for more than 6 months and they have not come up with ANY proof anyone was in contact with the Russians about the Election. No wonder our youth has no respect for authority, our leaders don't have any respect for even our country. My dad was a died in the wool Democrat but he flipped when Obama came along. I am glad he is not here to witness all this. He would be disgusted!! I know I am!!! I would like to add I am very proud of Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas). What they showed on TV was hired protestors!!!

• Robyn Tweedy

03/02/2017 07:15 PM

I just love the way you write! I just wrote some thoughts exactly on this subject on my Facebook page but they weren't one eighth as good or funny as yours!! We love you Huck!!!

• Peggy williams

03/02/2017 07:07 PM

I'm assuming that you have thought about this being a diversion from what obama's doing, with Valerie Jarrett moving back into his house. It diverts press from what he's doing. Please Keep your eye on him, I think he's up to no good. Personally, I'm afraid we've waited too long. His tentacles are everywhere. God Bless!!

• Sharon pilon

03/02/2017 07:01 PM

You bring the voice of reason to a mad mad world of insanity. I am ASTOUNDED by the constant brawling and outrageous demands of the Democratic Party. I was able to vote for the first time in my 64 years after a long citizenship battle and I'm so thankful I decided not to join the Democratic Party. I cannot imagine being aligned with this group. Is there no way to stop the waste of tax payer money with these insidious and slanderous "wars" dreamed up by those who are running fearful of real justice?

• Penny

03/02/2017 06:56 PM

Love your comments. All this Russian hacking ridiculousness is beyond comprehension.
    The now moral stand Pelosi and Schumer are pretending to take is so laughable.

• Christ Geib

03/02/2017 06:54 PM

As Paul Harvey used to say "And that is the rest of the story"!

• Tykie Crum

03/02/2017 06:49 PM

Mr. Huckabee, I enjoy your commentary immensely whether it is oral or written. You are brilliantly wise and witty. You have a way of taking complicated politics and putting them in terms that I can understand. Thank you for being there for the people! I follow you on Facebook and twitter and watch you on Fox News. I enjoy your fresh honest Christian perspective.

• Justin Blanchard

03/02/2017 06:42 PM

It seems like the Democratic party is increasingly becoming the party of Idiocracy.

• Martii Sherrod

03/02/2017 06:41 PM

Well written, as all your columns are. It is so disheartening to see why the left is trying to do to President Trump's Adminstration. Jeffective Sessions is such a fine honest man its heartbreaking to see
    the msm and the liberals try to distroy him. I'll continue to pray that Lord will not let this stand.

• Shelby Pluskat

03/02/2017 06:36 PM

Well put, Mr. Huckabee!!! A well-respected man speaking truth. Adore you & Mr. Sessions, & 100% support President Trump!

• Virginia Berghofer

03/02/2017 06:29 PM

I agree with many of these comments. Your thoughts are right on. As a song says "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative and don't mess with Mr. in-between". Not too hard to do folks.

• Faye Graham

03/02/2017 06:28 PM

I agree with Mcrae.....love to know who is behind all this broohaahaa about Jeff Sessions. .....and why is everyone, including Fox News so obsessed with this story. Just sore losers trying to throw anything at the Trump administration

• Carolyn McKibbon

03/02/2017 06:14 PM

Thank you for posting your thoughts....I agree completely! Please know that Jeff Sessions is highly regarded here in Alabama and we are proud that he is our Attorney General. God Bless you Governor and God Bless President Trump and Attorney General Sessions.

• Brad Crawford

03/02/2017 06:03 PM

Spot on governor! Since the election, and especially since the inauguration, the democrats have done nothing to get to the work of the American people. They are simply in the midst of a temper tantrum the likes of which make even the most ill-tempered three-year old stand up and take notes.

• GLORIA WATKINS

03/02/2017 05:57 PM

Spot on, as usual, Governor Huckabee!

• Emmanuel Junior Zakka

03/02/2017 05:54 PM

You have been a place to run to in moments when the demon-rats release disheartening allegations. Whenever I run to you to read your position, I get lifted. What precisely is it about Trump that scares the demon-rats? No one should be boxed into resignation in Trump's cabinet please. Flynn is enough. No more!

• Vera Allen

03/02/2017 05:46 PM

I believe all this hysteria about investigating republicans is because the American people want an investigation of Obama and everyone who is associated with him. They are practicing slight of hand as in look over there. Don't look at what we did and are doing. We the people want a full scale investigation of Obama, valerie, hillary the three spies that were working in the white house, shultz and all of the crooked dems.

• Debora Calhoun

03/02/2017 05:45 PM

If all of this whole Russia thing is BS as you imply , then let's just have an independent investigation just to be sure. If it's all just lunacy then trump and his swamp people have NOTHING to worry about, right? if we can investigate Benghazi a half dozen times or more and Lord knows you people investigated the hell out of Hillary's emails then SURELY one independent investigation would not be out of the realm of "the norm"....The American People have the right to KNOW THE TRUTH.

• William P.Keyes

03/02/2017 05:26 PM

Right on Gov. Huckabee. Please continue with your info. I just wish there was a way to make the MSM cover your commentary, so all the true Americans will know the truth. Thank you, Sir.

• sharon appleman

03/02/2017 05:25 PM

Four years of this? nothing will get done and it shows why congress has such a lame liking. Republicans need to do the job and not placate the Democrats.

• Kathy Barnes

03/02/2017 05:23 PM

I think Obama and his shadow government is responsible for discrediting Flynn and now Sessions. It's part of the bigger plan to impeach President Trump. I hope I'm wrong but I think that is what is happening.

• Brenda Luczynski

03/02/2017 05:19 PM

I agree with you 100%. Enjoy all of your posts and your sense of humor. I mistakenly thought when the election was over, President Trump would be able to go about the business of making America great again. However, the Democrats will not let up. Enough is enough. Americans have had enough. Pelosi should ride off into the sunset.

• Marie LaCroix

03/02/2017 05:17 PM

Please edit the part where you define the democrats paranoia and hysteria. It's fake. They are neither paranoid or hysterical, it's all for show! How frustrated I am getting so sick of what they have been allowed to do.

• Deborah Eberhardt

03/02/2017 05:14 PM

Thank you for a clear commentary. It is one I will refer to often as this scenario unfolds. Congressional Minority Leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer names come up together so often and their language noticeably mimics the other, that the phrase "strange bedfellows" often comes to mind.

• Nancy Bradley

03/02/2017 05:03 PM

As always - spot on. I am so tired of the hypocrisy. It is beyond anything I have ever seen. What Lynch and B. Clinton did on the tarmac was unbelievable, and the attempt to cover-up even worse. The Democrats are so bitter about losing to Pres. Trump that they can't even function anymore. Angry, bitter people should just think about a career change - politics might just be too much for them when it don't go their way.

• Libby mcrae

03/02/2017 05:02 PM

This is the email I sending to Chuck Schumer, Ted Cruz, and John Cornyn and Tom Cotton and Trey Gowdy . I ask others to do the same. It has become obvious to the American people that the Democrat party, in conjunction with the Clinton's and/or the Obama's, are organized and their strategy is to subvert our government members who were duly elected by the people.

Therefore, I am asking you and your fellow Congressmen and Congresswomen, to initiate a full and independent investigation into the DNC, The Democrat Party, Barack Hussein Obama, Valerie Jarrett, Elizabeth Warren, Tom Perez, Debbie Wasserman Schulz, Charles Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Keith Ellison, and others to rule out an organized and well funded attempt at a coup acting against the integrity of the US Constitution and our sitting President of the United States.

Within this thorough investigation I demand to know the source of the funding by private entities, businesses, or foundations. I would like to know if George Soros or any of his affiliated foundations is a contributor. If so, I want to see some concise action taken against him legally, criminally, and financially.

Subversion. 1 : the act of subverting : the state of being subverted; especially : a systematic attempt to overthrow or undermine a government or political system by persons working secretly from within.

Elections have consequences. So do subversive measures such as obstruction and anarchy.

• Carmen Freeman

03/02/2017 05:01 PM

AMEN!!!
    Oh and by the way, I think you are VERY funny. Always enjoy your comments and stories!

• Melanie Harwell

03/02/2017 04:59 PM

Exactly. No more to be said.

• Terri P Miller

03/02/2017 04:55 PM

You are spot on, as usual!!! This is a shameful way to run our government and I think Trump is doing a fantastic job considering all the pot shots taken at him hourly!!!

Let's keep the faith!!

• Merrilee Tabbery

03/02/2017 04:50 PM

I sincerely hope throughout this insanity that the Republicans push back since from what I've heard, Sessions answered the question asked. They should stand against the liberals would want nothing more than to injure the Trump administration. We won. They need to act like it !!

• Sarah Johnson

03/02/2017 04:48 PM

I have never in my life seen such a ridiculous display of pouting and picking fights which is pretty much what this is. There is a reason Mrs. Clinton lost and it has nothing to do with Russia. There are many Godless people in our beloved country. I keep telling myself that Satan hates to lose so he will do whatever he can to stop Christianity and a country which was founded with God at the center. He is working through people such as Ms. Pelosi and Mr. Schumer to accomplish such tasks. I continue to pray EVERY day for Mr. Trump and his family as well as our country. It's an uphill battle we are fighting but I feel confidence for the first time in many years that we will come out the victors.

• Shelva J Antley

03/02/2017 04:43 PM

I've never seen anything like how these Dems are acting. This is the way I acted in middle school planning a "get even" if someone ticked me off. Also I'm ready to swear there were no Russians in the voting booth with me if necessary.

• Gary J Cerretani

03/02/2017 04:42 PM

Accurately stated Reverend Huckabee. God Bless you sir!

• Russ Nichols

03/02/2017 04:41 PM

Very well said Gov. I find the timing of this revelation interesting since it came right after the President hit a home run speech that made the Democrats look bad and they couldn't refute with anything

• Patricia Hague

03/02/2017 04:40 PM

Bless you! So redeeming to hear the TRUTH and delivered with such intelligent humor! I really feel like crying when I hear of such cruel lies being spread about such honorable people in the current govt. Thank you, sir, you are a blessing for America!

• Joanne Sgrignoli

03/02/2017 04:37 PM

Hatred clouds people's intellectual processes and common sense. It takes on a life of its own. When you're surrounded by many others that feel the same way, it's validating. This is what these people are experiencing. To make matters worse, they left the door open for Satan... the Father of Lies, the Great Deceiver. Of course, you know that Satan is cheering them on, and so it mindlessly continues.

• J.R. Nagelkirk

03/02/2017 04:35 PM

As I noted when posting this to Facebook, I cannot remember any time in the history of elections since I reached voting age (and then some) where the non-winning party was such poor losers. Unlike what they teach in schools nowadays, yes there are winners and there are losers, and the losers in this instance are by no means gracious about it. A bunch of spoiled rotten, thumb-sucking, non-stop whining cry-babies is a very mild description of how they are acting. Sigh. Suck it up and move on like the rest of us did when our team or candidate didn't win.

• Vicki Smith

03/02/2017 04:34 PM

I sent this to my Senator and Speaker of the House today:

Dear Senator Corker:

I am writing because of the news regarding Attorney General Jeff Sessions' alleged dishonesty regarding his meeting(s) with the Russian Ambassador during President Trump's campaign. I am very upset with our Republican leaders cowering to the media and the likes of Nancy Pelosi; and their lack of support of this man. His meetings were related to the position he held prior to January 20th. I listened to a recording of the question posed to him and his response during today's ACLJ's broadcast and I agree that his answer was an honest one within the context of this communication. Yet, there has been no response from our President or from Paul Ryan. Our party CANNOT continue to back down during these attacks. They will not stop and there will be another and another. This was another "organized" attempt to undermine our President's administration. We have to have Republican leaders who will not cave to these who, though speak about "being above reproach," have never portrayed this very trait in their own lives. It is known that Loretta Lynch signed a document orchestrated by former President Obama 17 days before our President's inauguration that gave authority to 15 other departments to have access to raw classified data versus just the NSA. So where are these leaks coming from and what is our administration doing to investigate? I have absolutely NO trust in the Department of Justice or the FBI, believing these departments corrupt and that the leaks are coming from Obama loyalists embedded there. There is a shadow government; a soft coup being orchestrated within our own government. In addition, I understand that our President is not filling 1200 positions within these departments. Therefore, we will have no eyes and ears to get to the source of those traitors. I want to let you know that I, respectfully, go on record citing my support of our leadership FIGHTING against these reports regarding Jeff Sessions. It is not fair that this man be thrown to the wolves by members of our own party. Shame on them! Furthermore, again respectfully, the American people that enabled our Republican representatives to take control, need to know what's being done about these leaks and we need to be told where they are coming from. The speech our President gave was phenomenal. However, the positive message was short lived and now overshadowed by this coup being carried out by politicians filled with hatred determined to carry out their organized plans made well in advance. I have never been so frustrated and detest turning on the news every day, because unless our party RISES UP and puts a stop to these tactics, nothing will get done. Our victory in the election will be meaningless.

Please rein in these Republican leaders who are joining the very party that opposes us in their treatment of AG Jeff Sessions. Please let us know what is being done to get to the source of the leaks, get rid of the traitors in our Justice Department and the FBI and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. (Loretta Lynch can meet with Bill Clinton while his wife is under investigation. She did not recuse herself nor was anyone screaming for her resignation nor did James Comey do his job regarding Hillary Clinton who "did lie under oath." So upset...)

Thank you for listening. I hope many Republican voices are rising up over this matter.

Sincerely,

Vicki Smith

March 2, 2017

Please leave me a comment below.  I read them!

• Linda Grice

03/02/2017 10:52 PM

Very well said! Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this so well!

• Johan Swanepoel

• Peggy williams

03/02/2017 07:07 PM

• Sharon pilon

03/02/2017 07:01 PM

• Penny

03/02/2017 06:56 PM

The now moral stand Pelosi and Schumer are pretending to take is so laughable.

• Christ Geib

03/02/2017 06:54 PM

As Paul Harvey used to say "And that is the rest of the story"!

• Tykie Crum

• Carolyn McKibbon

03/02/2017 06:14 PM

• Brad Crawford

03/02/2017 06:03 PM

• GLORIA WATKINS

03/02/2017 05:57 PM

Spot on, as usual, Governor Huckabee!

• Emmanuel Junior Zakka

03/02/2017 05:02 PM

• Carmen Freeman

03/02/2017 05:01 PM

AMEN!!!

• Melanie Harwell

03/02/2017 04:59 PM

Exactly. No more to be said.

• Terri P Miller

03/02/2017 04:55 PM

Let's keep the faith!!

• Merrilee Tabbery

03/02/2017 04:50 PM

• Sarah Johnson

03/02/2017 04:48 PM

• Shelva J Antley

03/02/2017 04:43 PM

• Gary J Cerretani

03/02/2017 04:42 PM

Accurately stated Reverend Huckabee. God Bless you sir!

• Russ Nichols