March 2, 2017

The liberal fever dreams over President Trump being some sort of Russian Manchurian candidate have now reached a critical mass of hysterical paranoia far beyond anything that came out of the 1950s “red scare” they keep making movies about.

In the Democrats’ latest public meltdown, Congressional Minority Leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are both demanding that Attorney General Jeff Sessions resign, with Pelosi thundering that he was “not fit to serve as the top law enforcement officer of our country” for allegedly lying under oath to Congress by denying having contact with Russia in the past year. Just to be clear, here is the written question from Sen. Pat Leahy that he was asked:

“Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after Election Day?”

Sessions said no. It’s now been reported that he did speak on two occasions to the Russian ambassador in the past year, but he says that as part of his duties as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, he spoke with ambassadors of a number of countries, but at no time did he discuss the 2016 election or the Trump campaign, so his answer was honest and accurate. He called any accusations otherwise a false story.

(Just as a reminder: throughout the Obama Administration, Pelosi and Schumer never called on Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch to resign, despite Holder being charged with contempt of Congress and Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton in private while overseeing a federal investigation of his wife, at the time the leading presidential candidate. It’s heartening to discover that they now have such a rigid standard of conduct for Attorneys General, but I can’t help wondering where it was prior to November 8, 2016.)

At this point, it’s worth taking a step back and reminding ourselves of how all this hysteria over Russia that’s been drummed up by the Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) got started. It all grew out of one of several ridiculous, grasping-at-straws excuses for Hillary Clinton’s election loss. In between blaming sexism and James Comey, they landed on the excuse that she lost because Russia hacked the DNC and John Podesta email servers (which had such lousy security they could have been hacked by a blind chimp) and gave the emails to WikiLeaks (which still denies Russia was the source). Those emails mostly just confirmed what even the aforementioned blind chimp already knew: a biased media were openly colluding with Hillary’s campaign to cheat Bernie Sanders and help get her elected President. Somehow, this became commonly referred to as “Russia hacked our election,” despite investigations turning up no proof of any irregularities at the ballot box.

The current paranoid hysteria by Democrats and the media over anyone related to Trump having any contact with anything remotely Russian, from nesting dolls to a bowl of borscht, is based on both a desperate effort to delegitimize Trump's Administration and their own psychological inability to accept the reality that Hillary Clinton lost the election because she carried only 489 out of 3112 counties nationwide (i.e., just 20 out of 50 states). They can't bring themselves to admit they nominated a terrible candidate and a worse campaigner, deeply disliked and distrusted, with more baggage than American Airlines, whose platform consisted of being female and promising to double-down on failed liberal policies that about 70% of Americans thought were moving the country in the wrong direction. Also, she didn’t even campaign in must-win industrial states where people were losing their jobs while she was promoting transgender bathrooms and promising to shut down more coal mines and power plants that employed voters. Trump was promising to “make America great again” while Hillary’s supporters were openly sneering at the suggestion that America was ever great at all.

And that’s why Hillary Clinton lost the election, Charlie Brown. Once again, I quote singer/songwriter Graham Parker: “Is this a Russian conspiracy? No, it’s just idiocy.” Now, with the insinuation that Jeff Sessions of all people is some sort of double-agent for the KGB, it’s become idiocy approaching insanity.

Please leave me a comment below.  I read them!

• Adele Leibowitz

03/02/2017 04:33 PM

I'm so tired of the Dems not getting over they lost. Dems Pelosi and Schumer are obstructing formation of Trump Government. I voted only Democratic until this election. I want Congress to work together and fix the ills of this country!

• Robby Spurlin

03/02/2017 04:24 PM

Wonderful post, wished this would be read by all major networks!

• norma brayboy

03/02/2017 04:19 PM

It behooves me that people sitting across the isle from the questioning of Jeff Sessions could not understand his statement of (No) he had not met with the Russians about the campaign. I perceive that the more the liberal democrats do these silly things to Trump's Presidency, the more insane they look. When will the padded wagons pull up to the steps of Congress and rid us of the funny people. They keep throwing out these jokes that are not proper for the position they hold.

• Teri wyrick

03/02/2017 04:17 PM

I agree. Maybe you should post the you tube vidro of that senate hearing exchange like i did. The questions were about the trump campaign and not about work as a senator on the armed services comittee. Some they expect him to say no nothing about the campaign, but I spoke to the ambassador here and here. Further more if he was trying to hide something why meet in his office where it would be public record. Too much is pointing in the other direction. However, this just validates the haters and causes a distraction to accomplishing his agenda. So sad

• Rosemarie Tipaldo

03/02/2017 04:15 PM

First, let me say I've been an ardent Trump supporter since day one! I hate how he's been treated by the loony left.
    This latest stunt, the attack on Attorney General Jeff Sessions, makes it abundantly clear that the Democratic Party is intent on picking off one member of President Trump's cabinet at a time. First Flynn, now Sessions. Who do you think will be next? The Republican Congress really has to get their act together and get behind our President! Some of them are as bad as the Dems. This is all very disheartening.

• Charles Wendell Lamb

03/02/2017 04:13 PM

I enjoy your Facebook posts. I am from El Dorado and remember when you came from Texarkana and did a weekend retreat at the FBC way back when. A LOT has happened since then, hasn 't it?

• Michelanne McCombs

03/02/2017 04:13 PM

Well said and thanks for the great read. I always love hearing you on Fox and reading your take on things.

• Betty Blanchard

03/02/2017 04:12 PM

Dear Mr.Huckabee I like you commentary on today issues. Your no nonsense perspective keep things straight. Keep up the good work. By the way you were my first choice for president.

• Brenda Hardin

03/02/2017 04:11 PM

Gov Huckabee, you are consistently point on. Today it's Jeff Sessions, tomorrow it will be someone else. Those Dems don't believe this garbage they are strewing themselves but hope if they throw enough some of it will stick. Pathetic!

• Clayton M. Kirkland

03/02/2017 04:08 PM

I believe you have it right. I find myself wishing we had the ability to put the likes of Pelosi and Shumer of the defensive. Hard to believe that they and their ilk have the ability to openly demonstrate that they plan to take down the Trump Administration by any means necessary. And "we" continue to play defense and apparently think we can play nice and still survive. Of course difficult to win (or even break even) with the media, et al, firmly on the Dems/liberals team. Not to mention the Rino's on our "team."

• Lisa Aaron

03/02/2017 04:07 PM

You hit the nail right on the head. Watching CNN last night you could watch real time how their argument deteriorated down to 'he must resign' while commenters heads started to explode. They even proved their own selves wrong on accident by providing the scenario of him performing his professional obligation of rubbing elbows, but they ignored their own statement to dive into the gutter where they are more comfortable. What I can't understand is, is this political pandering to their vulnerably misinformed young and ignorant voter base, or do these "journalists" and politicians actually believe what they say?

• MaryAnn Nissly

03/02/2017 04:06 PM

Sadly, you are preaching to the conservative choir. Those who need your common sense will never be open to hearing or reading it.

• Mary Abdelbaset

03/02/2017 04:02 PM

BRILLIANT!!

• Shelly Stauring

03/02/2017 04:00 PM

I defend Sessions, especially in light of the continuing Democratic hypocrisy. But, be careful. I believe Obama & Valerie Jarrett are behind this & there's more trouble to come.

• Cathy Watt

03/02/2017 04:00 PM

Brilliant! To summarize the lefts agenda with such accuracy and highlight their ignorant paranoia is simply brilliant!
    I'm not versed in politics, nor am I highly educated but their system of beliefs and hard left lean to an absolute life of sin is so obvious an elementary child can see it.
    Praise God for His wisdom and for illuminating His truths to all who follow Him in obedience!

• Teena Burton

03/02/2017 03:59 PM

Agree! Thank you for addressing.

• Mary Ruth Jarboe

03/02/2017 03:59 PM

Thank you for so clearly explaining what conversations AG Sessions had with Russian diplomats. He was answering a question not concerning the campaign and now the Dems and the fake media are saying otherwise. We knew when the opposition brought Flynn down that it was just a question of who they would try to bring down next. Now we know and I hope that Sessions will stay and face them head on.

• Tina Burns

03/02/2017 03:58 PM

Awesome commentary! Amen!

• Leilani Montez

03/02/2017 03:58 PM

Thank you for politely putting this in perspective. I am so upset that the Left just can't give the President a chance! He has only been there 43 days, doesn't yet have his Cabinet approved so he can do his work and the country will be destroyed if this division in government continues. Are there any Democrats in Senate or Congress willing to work for the good of the country? Compromise!

• Carrie Wittliff

03/02/2017 03:58 PM

I often wonder if they ever embarrass themselves? I'm kind of embarrassed for them.

• Blake Studdard

03/02/2017 03:53 PM

Did you, or would you have, called for Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch to resign?

If so, then you have no choice but to do so with Sessions, correct?

Regarding Russia 'hysteria' ... would you shrug it off if the shoe was on the other foot, and Trump was wearing the Democrat uniform?

I understand wanting to defend your own team and criticize the other team. But only if you're more partisan than you are patriotic.

• Jerry and Judy Jones

03/02/2017 03:53 PM

Well written, Governor Huckabee. It helps to bring clarity to all that is going on in Washington D.C. It is frustrating, heartbreaking, and tiresome. Please help us to know what can we as private citizens do to help stop this madness.

• Sherri C. Jones

03/02/2017 03:51 PM

Dear Nancy Pelosi,
    Please try to spend as much time vetting the truth of your allegations as you spend putting on your mascara each morning.
    Sincerely, Common Sense

• Carol Sommer

03/02/2017 03:50 PM

Very well said Governor Huckabee. This is getting tiring, isn't it?

• Laszlo Denes

03/02/2017 03:48 PM

Wonderful analysis, Governor. This is more than idiotic -- it has become delusional. By the way, announcing the wrong Oscar winner was <a href="https://prowhiteparty.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/russians-pooping-dogs.jpg">due to Russian interference</a>.

• Betsy Kruel

03/02/2017 03:48 PM

You are spot on and I agree with you 100%!! Thank you for posting this - we were just waiting for someone to come out and remind the "public" about Loretta Lynch! This is pure insanity and making the Democratic Party look worse every day. I'm surprised Jill Stein hasn't jumped on the chance to re-introduce and push her party!! We should have expected they would do something to push off the MSM all the good this week that is happening!
    Am anxious to see who covers that our First Lady took her own Dr Seuss book to read to children today in the hospital!!

• JANET MASSEY

03/02/2017 03:47 PM

After 26 years with CIA I am appalled at the depths that the liberals (and a one of our Rinos) are going to cause trouble for the pres. We need to stand with him and get him up to speed quickly and smoothly for the good and safety of our country.

• Hohn

03/02/2017 03:46 PM

Thank You Sir, well stated as usual Governor.

• Kirk hamilton

03/02/2017 03:46 PM

Mr. Huckabee, you are spot on! The liberals just won't accept the fact that they got beat fair and square on November 8, 2016! You may have seen some of my comments on the bizarre rants of the left wing clowns. I hope they made you smile. Thank you for helping us keep the faith in God, President Trump and his administration, and in America!

• Ann Marie Tatulli

03/02/2017 03:45 PM

Yes you are so right. But all these constant attacks at the president is very disheartening. Itd beating us down. Getting weary. How can the GOP allow this? They are a bunch of weak cowards or they are in on it. Obamas deep state is behind it all. This is a civil war. Not going to stop. It is a war against the American people. Academia, hollywood & mainstream media. Now OFA/soros backed protestors. We have them in Rhode Island. Stopped our general assembly grom doing business. Here in RI we are a sanctuary state. Our computer systems to run out govt agencies do not function. Corruption is widespread. Spend taxpayer money with no accountability. We are held hostage. Our govt is under siege. It is a civil war.

• Janine B

03/02/2017 03:45 PM

Thank you for trying to calm this hysteria! I find it disgusting that the Democrats are making up facts but then the liberal media reports false stories to cause unrest! I'm also sickened that Hilary Clinton is NOT in jail for all of her REAL corrupt acts! This is becoming ridiculous and now we can see Obama is likely part of engineering all these protests and unrest to HURT our Country! He clearly is UnAmerican !

• Madeleine Black

03/02/2017 03:44 PM

I like how you state your opinions. It was what I was thinking only I couldnt put into words. Great job!

• Shauna Dickerson

03/02/2017 03:41 PM

Thank you Mr. Huckabee. I really enjoy you comments, the ones I receive on my email. I read everyone completely through and always agree. I especially enjoy the little jabs - like "but I repeat myself". Keep up the good work.

• Barbara Knoll

03/02/2017 03:40 PM

Thank you for clearing up the situation with Jeff Sessions. Also, you expressed it very plainly the reasons that Hillary lost. It is amazing that the Democrats never want to investigate their own people, as you say, Bill and Loretta meeting, etc.

• Susan Dyar

03/02/2017 03:39 PM

Thanks Governor for your analysis. You and Trey Gowdy keep me sane with all this hysteria over Russia.

• Karen Moore

03/02/2017 03:39 PM

Ah.....the voice of reason. Thank you Sir. Have a wonderful day!

• Mary M. Boonenberg

03/02/2017 03:39 PM

Your words reflect my thoughts precisely. Unfortunately, too many people have either forgotten or just don't care when and why this "Russian scare" began. And too many people in DC are all too willing to whip their constituents into a frenzy about anything and everything to do with President Trump, facts be damned. I have never seen such abject fear as I see in DC Democrats and liberals across the country as I've seen during and since the election. I'm 62 years old, by the way, so I've seen quite a few politicians come and go over the years. I'm praying that they come to their senses (if they have any sense left) before they are able to do any further damage to our country.

• Allan Perkins

03/02/2017 03:37 PM

Thanks for your reasoned and calm reports, Mike. How I hate politics!

• David Gerred

03/02/2017 03:37 PM

Perhaps Senator Sessions should have added the caviat "of course in my capacity as a member of the Senate Armed Services Commitee, I meet with many ambasadors including the Russian ambasador". Oh, I forgot, he was addressing Senators who already knew or should have already that.

• Mary Jill Busam

03/02/2017 03:36 PM

When will someone put a stop to this lunacy that the Democrats are spewing? This is ridiculous! They don't care about the truth, they only care that everything is done their way and they will steam roll over anyone who gets in their way. Even though they sound like crazy people the news media is all over this like it is Gospel! What can we do to stop this lidacris behavior on their part?

• Rob Davis

03/02/2017 03:36 PM

You are dead on. The media during and right after the election expounded on the liberal spin machine. What ever the democrats spouted cnn would parrot for months until they were sure someone was brainwashed into believing it. This whole russian conspiracy is absolutely ridiculous and stupid. Or what i call "ristupulous." (so ridiculously stupid it could only come from the democrats.) It's time they faced the truth Trump is our President and like him or not he is actually doing an incredible job. It amazes me that these democrats think they can continue this way without totally discrediting themselves and their entire party... They should get busy trying to repair the damage they and hillary and the media have done to the democrat party before 2020. as it stands right now, no democrat has a shred of a chance of winning an election in 2024 much less 2020....And it's going to take 4-8 years for them to turn themselves around so that they are electable. Lets not forget...democrats lost big in this election and it proves they have no credibility with the american people and no spendable clout with the electoral college.

• Lynnette Gibson

03/02/2017 03:35 PM

Mr. Huckaby, how can, we the people, put a stop to this nonsense? We just want our President to be able to do his job. I am 67 years old and never thought I would see the end of our republic but it is happening.

• David Buursma

03/02/2017 03:35 PM

Thank you. That is pretty much the way I understood it. I am really offended and frustrated by these hysterical "perfect storms" from the Democrat/media complex.

• Robert B Hubbard

03/02/2017 03:34 PM

Good comments. I wish the Dems would stop all this nonsense.

• Sharron Bedard

03/02/2017 03:32 PM

I beg you and President Trump to stand with Jeff Sessions as our attorney general. I urge all Republican senators to stand up for Sessions. If the Dems knock him off then they'll go to the next person. This is their M.O. Jeff Sessions did nothing wrong.

• Sheryl Leonard

03/02/2017 03:30 PM

Mike, I so enjoy your commentaries. They are clear, pithy, and humorous, not to mention the voice of sanity. Although I'm Canadian, I love the U.S., having lived and worked there - legally, of course, and one of my three children is a Californian. I'm also a Christian, and applaud your forthright and unapologetic stand on Christian values. God bless you, sir!

• Jeanette Watson Megown

03/02/2017 03:29 PM

Thank you, I will share this. Some people believe everything....this will clear it up for them.

• Maurice Parks

03/02/2017 03:29 PM

You are right on, and the Democrats are acting like juveniles. It pains me to see this happening to the country I love, by this 96 year old WWII Veteran.

• Gary z

03/02/2017 03:29 PM

Mike Huckabee you are always on the money smart reasonable informative I miss your show

• Laura Morton

03/02/2017 03:28 PM

Thank you for your common sense writing on this topic. I'm thoroughly fed up with Republicans who are piling on the liberal bandwagon to attack someone they should be defending.

March 2, 2017

Please leave me a comment below.  I read them!

• Adele Leibowitz

03/02/2017 04:33 PM

• Robby Spurlin

03/02/2017 04:24 PM

Wonderful post, wished this would be read by all major networks!

• norma brayboy

• Shelly Stauring

03/02/2017 04:00 PM

• Cathy Watt

03/02/2017 04:00 PM

• Teena Burton

03/02/2017 03:59 PM

Agree! Thank you for addressing.

• Mary Ruth Jarboe

03/02/2017 03:59 PM

• Tina Burns

03/02/2017 03:58 PM

Awesome commentary! Amen!

• Leilani Montez

03/02/2017 03:58 PM

• Carrie Wittliff

03/02/2017 03:58 PM

• Blake Studdard

03/02/2017 03:53 PM

Did you, or would you have, called for Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch to resign?

If so, then you have no choice but to do so with Sessions, correct?

• Jerry and Judy Jones

03/02/2017 03:53 PM

• Sherri C. Jones

03/02/2017 03:51 PM

Dear Nancy Pelosi,
    Sincerely, Common Sense

• Carol Sommer

03/02/2017 03:50 PM

Very well said Governor Huckabee. This is getting tiring, isn't it?

• Laszlo Denes

03/02/2017 03:48 PM

• Betsy Kruel

03/02/2017 03:48 PM

• JANET MASSEY

03/02/2017 03:47 PM

• Hohn

03/02/2017 03:46 PM

Thank You Sir, well stated as usual Governor.

• Kirk hamilton

• Barbara Knoll

03/02/2017 03:40 PM

• Susan Dyar

03/02/2017 03:39 PM

• Karen Moore

03/02/2017 03:39 PM

Ah.....the voice of reason. Thank you Sir. Have a wonderful day!

• Mary M. Boonenberg

03/02/2017 03:39 PM

• Allan Perkins

03/02/2017 03:37 PM

Thanks for your reasoned and calm reports, Mike. How I hate politics!

• David Gerred

03/02/2017 03:37 PM

• Mary Jill Busam

03/02/2017 03:36 PM

• Rob Davis

03/02/2017 03:36 PM

• Lynnette Gibson

03/02/2017 03:35 PM

• David Buursma

03/02/2017 03:35 PM

• Robert B Hubbard

03/02/2017 03:34 PM

Good comments. I wish the Dems would stop all this nonsense.

• Sharron Bedard