We’ve had so many reader comments on the Senate trial, it will take days to go through them. Thanks so much to all who are writing. Most everyone is expressing the same disgust I feel while trying to watch this, or at least some of it. Others aren’t watching at all, as they know it will just make them furious. But here’s a particularly moving letter from someone who just feels heartbroken.

From Lindsay (with slight editing):

Mike,

...I was born and raised in Arkansas and am a great fan of yours. I now live in Texas.

Actually, yes, I am watching. And how do I feel? Heartbroken. It is so obvious what they have been trying to do to this man since the beginning. They hate him and they want him out! Hatred is a powerful emotion, and the more you don’t deal with it the more it stirs up. It’s like a cancer you ignore.

I don’t want to use the term “witch hunt,” but that truly is what it is. The thing that really gets to me is the power they have. Seeing [Pelosi] gloat all over TV about Trump’s forever title “impeached” shows the truth of her heart. It speaks volumes of what her motive was from the beginning.

Our country needed Trump. We still need him...and my husband, Steve, and I are 100% behind him. I pray for him every day and pray that the hatred will leave these people’s hearts. Although this is the type of heart-issue [for which] the individual has to stop and look inside. So I don’t hold out a lot of hope. All I can do is pay and give my support.

Much love to you and your tremendous family. We love Sarah. She is meant for greatness!

Trump Train 2020,

Lindsey

From the Gov:

Thanks so much for writing, Lindsay. Incidentally, did you mean to type “pay” or “pray”? It seems we can do both: definitely pray, but also give to campaigns that might make a difference in November. The best thing we can do to make a difference is show what these people have been up to and defeat them at the polls. We would never have had this sad circus if the Democrats hadn’t re-taken Congress in 2018. We’re not likely to see a wholesale change of heart among them, so they must be stopped at the ballot box!

=---------------------

Prepare to put on your shocked face: Turns out most Americans are finding better things to do with their time than watch eight hours a day of House Democrats repeating the same lies about their impeachment “evidence” over and over again in the Senate.

Despite being carried on 10 broadcast and cable networks, day one of the opening statements pulled only 8.9 million viewers, their total audience just about equaling the number of viewers who watched “The Voice” on NBC (And let me point out, that was day one. By day three, I could easily imagine the number being 89 viewers.) By contrast, the Kavanaugh hearings drew 20 million, and Robert Mueller embarrassing himself in front of Congress drew 13 million and was considered a ratings flop.

I can only assume that the Democrats’ strategy is to bore Americans so much that by the time Trump’s attorneys present their defense, nobody will be watching at all.

-----------------------------

Must-See Video: At a campaign event that's being described as Sen. Elizabeth Warren's "Joe The Plumber" moment (you kids Google it), a father confronted Warren about her plan to spend $1.6 trillion in tax money to pay off everyone’s student loans. He told her that he worked double shifts and saved to put his daughter through college without taking out any loans, so will he get his money back? Warren replies, “Of course not.” Dad: “So you want to help those who don't save any money, and the ones that do the right thing get s*****d?”

Watch to see her response (or lack of response.) So far, millions of people have watched it online.

It is an excellent question: why should the government pay the college costs of people who took out loans they couldn’t repay, but not reimburse those who worked hard to pay for college without taking out loans? Even more infuriating: image killing yourself to work your way through college, then getting a big tax bill to pay for someone else who just borrowed the money. Or being too poor to go to college, so you went straight to work, and now your paycheck will be docked to pay off your boss’s kids student loans to attend Brown or Yale.

For people who talk about “fairness” so much, I don’t think liberals quite understand what it means. Frankly, I wish they’d just come up with some way to give me back all the time I had to spend watching Democratic debates

-----------------------------------

We’re sad to report that journalist Jim Lehrer died peacefully in his sleep at 85, after years of heart problems, and we extend our prayers and sympathies to his wife Kate and his family. As co-host of PBS’ “The McNeil-Lehrer Report” and later host of “NewsHour,” Lehrer presided over the kind of sober, in-depth reporting that’s seldom seen these days. This link has more details about his very long and fascinating career.

If you want to see a stunning illustration of how far the profession of journalism has fallen since Lehrer entered it, check out this link to a list he wrote called “Jim Lehrer’s Rules of Journalism” and see if there are any of them that are still being practiced at most major media outlets these days.

------------------------

For CNN’s sake, I suppose I should point out that this is a satirical story, even though it contains a much higher percentage of verifiable facts than most CNN stories. (If I worked for CNN, I’d just make up a number and say “It’s fake, but still 97% more accurate than CNN.”)

------------------------------------------

Twitter Exchange of the Day: CNN’s Chris Cuomo slammed Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin for suggesting that teen climate radical Greta Thunberg study economics. Cuomo tweeted, “Why do these trumpers think it is ok to go at a kid?“ Perfectly teeing up Sean Davis of the Federalist to reply, “Didn't your garbage network just settle a nine-figure lawsuit for defaming a Catholic child at a pro-life march?” Touché!

---------------------------------

Great news: you don't have to suffer through weeks of Senate impeachment proceedings! I have a video that sums up the Democrats' case, their managers, and the inevitable verdict in less than 45 seconds. You're welcome, America!

In case you missed it:

Rep. and Democratic Presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard has filed a defamation lawsuit against Hillary Clinton. Gabbard claims that Hillary harmed her campaign and American democracy by “publicly, unambiguously, and with obvious malicious intent” asserting that she’s being groomed by the Russians to launch a third-party campaign and help reelect President Trump. Her campaign sent Clinton a letter threatening a lawsuit and demanding an apology and retraction, which Hillary ignored. Gabbard is now seeking damages and an injunction to prevent the media from continuing to repeat Clinton’s false accusation.

Gabbard’s lawsuit says she is running for the Presidency, “a position Clinton has long coveted, but has not been able to attain,” and her lawsuit “seeks to hold Clinton, and the political elites who enable her, accountable for distorting the truth…” Clinton’s spokesman responded that the lawsuit is “ridiculous.”

He’s right: I can think of nothing more ridiculous than trying to hold Hillary Clinton and her enablers accountable for anything.

• Dave Newbry

01/24/2020 09:39 PM

I hope Tulsi has competent bodyguards. We all have seen what happens to those who go after the Clintons.

• Deb Hillis

01/24/2020 09:33 PM

I have watched bits and pieces of the impeachment hearings and have been so very sad and angry at the same time. I cannot believe that the democrats can actually believe the vile that is being spewed! This is pure evil! I Have to remind myself that ultimately God is in control and that His truth and righteousness will eventually rise to the top. Thank you for your truthful coverage of this sickening evil that is being passed along as truth. God bless you.

• Steven Lechtenberg

01/24/2020 09:28 PM

I love your commentary Governor. You and Rush Limbaugh are my two news feeds. I am still worried about this sham impeachment. Right now there are 45 solid no votes from the republicants. What Mitty and his sore looser attitude. The republicants have always been their own worst enemy. What about Collins, Alexander and Murkowsky. Then Kennedy from Louisiana, he said he is learning something everyday. I hope in the end the republicants pull together and make a unanimous vote to acquit. Our next big challenge will be getting our constitutional republic back, right now we have a political monarchy.

• mark poyhonen

01/24/2020 09:11 PM

The Trouble With Imagining
    Have you ever been accused of something terrible you did not do? I’m not talking about breaking a window, exceeding the speed limit, or passing noxious fumes in an elevator. I mean something serious, like murdering your spouse.
    Imagine being a married republican and accused of killing your partner–yeah, the one still standing and breathing next to you. The trusted officials cart you away in handcuffs while your spouse screams your innocence at them.
    You enter the court as an accused murderer and are not allowed a defense council. You ask to be allowed witnesses that will testify for you, and your request is denied. You plead for one witness, perhaps the prosecution will ask for this one witness, (your living spouse).
    You are not allowed witnesses, but the prosecution provides a steady stream of people who testify how you killed your spouse. The horrible event is described in detail by a string of experts providing first-hand testimony. They spend days detailing your planning and brutal execution of your significant other.
    Most of these witnesses have never met you or even seen you, but they swear, under oath, they know what you did and how you did it. They define themselves as ‘givers of the law,’ and they repeatedly inform the court, you are not above them.
    The media reports every detail, embellishing gory details to gain more audience, and the horror so enrages the public they burn your house to the ground. Fortunately, your spouse escapes the conflagration.
    The news media reports continue describing you as a low lifeform for not only the murder of your spouse but many other crimes committed over the past hundred years. They also accuse you of arson for personally setting fire to your home while incarcerated.
    On the final day of your trial, you are allowed to take the witness stand to be asked by the prosecution, “When did you stop beating your wife?”
    You stare across the courtroom, focused on the tears rolling down the face of your spouse.
    The prosecutor continues, “Your honor, we recommend the death penalty.”
    The courtroom erupts in cheers. Even the jury begins dancing after the judge nods with a beaming smile.
    “We won, we won!” the courtroom prosecutors, witnesses, jurists, and media sing with a like mind. Their songs fill the chambers of justice with echoes of the identical refrain. A large group, carrying a rope, march you to their one-limbed tree of justice.
    Imagining this scenario is easy because it is happening today. It’s on TV and the internet. What is more difficult is imagining your loving spouse voting for a democrat.

• Peggy Siragusa

01/24/2020 08:57 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee, I only listened to snippets of Adam Schiff when Fox broke in to the proceedings. Upon hearing him or some of the others I imagined myself waking during a surgery with no anesthesia. It was painful. Just how could they actually believe what they are saying. And then I remembered...HE gave them ears to hear but they did not hear. I am so glad God's in control. HE's got this. But it is still painful. I will keep praying for them.

• Frank Braun

01/24/2020 08:44 PM

In interesting side note: Jim Lehrer's last name means teacher (German). Too bad he can't instruct today's "news" reporters.

• Richard Lingenfelter

01/24/2020 08:27 PM

Mike,
    How fair is a the so called trial when the media is allowed to interview the jurors during the trial as they come out of the Chamber. The left Progressive media is pushing and black mailing Republican to vote for impeachment. Now saying their heads are on the block. What a disgrace and bias head hunting on our President.
    It is so

• James Bockholt

01/24/2020 08:26 PM

Hello Gov. Mike
    One of the articles here mentioned 8.9 million people were watching opening day of the impeachment circus. How do they know how many are watching?
    In my never ending travels I find when in liberal areas , when you turn on the TV in your hotel room it comes on tuned to CNN. So thousands of hotel TV automatically tuned to CNN doesn’t mean people are actually watching.
    Thanks for your daily updates, and daily verses, really helps me keep the shiny side up and pointy end forward! James Bockholt, pilot, Little Rock

• Henry Sherwood

01/24/2020 08:23 PM

The Cow Chip Show !!!!!!

• Jim Brookins

01/24/2020 08:10 PM

The Gov. I have to admit it I was sick for the past two weeks and watching the fake impeachment has made me sicker. I am proud of President Trump and VP. Mike Pence under this administration our country is now America like I knew before. Where your spirit is for the land of the home the free and the brave, every heart beats true for the red, white and blue where there's never a boast or... well you get the idea. I still follow you and you show and emails. But is there anything other than impeachment airing? After all, I prayed for President Trump and it is in GOD' S hands now.

• Jo Gonzalez

01/24/2020 08:09 PM

Gov., I ask you why cannot Hillary be held accountable, her many, many years of cheating & stealing from our Country, selling out to all kinds of villains around the world. Why is she exempt from the Law? The only answer I can think of is we either have no Law & Order left, or she can buy what she wants, including the Justice Dept. I still chant "Lock Her Up". Love your comments, & your Show, you are a light in the darkness.

• Twila Flowers

01/24/2020 08:06 PM

The letter from Lindsay you printed today is great and I so agree with her comments. She said it with conviction and kindness. I am so fed up with this attack on President Trump and the charges that seem to materialize that my anger surfaces and I am not so kind. This is a waste of money, our money and time. This President has my support and I pray for him and his family that this will end soon and cooperation will reign. Thank you Mr Huckabee for your comments, I read them all.

• Tamara

01/24/2020 07:37 PM

I will be watching this impeachment sham until the end. I want to see our republic at work protecting due process and our Constitution. I pray for our President and those fighting for all of us. I would hope that the persons responsible for this ridiculous and blatant abuse of power be held accountable but I'm not holding my breath.

• Laurence Daniels

01/24/2020 07:33 PM

First, Gabbard had better watch her back. I love the fact that she's suing Killary, but we all know what usually happens to anyone who tries taking on the Clintons. I'd hate to hear that she was a "suicide" victim!
    Second, the impeachment circus in DC is totally disgusting! Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler, Schumer, and every other democRAT ( and any Republican who supports them) who is involved in this witch hunt is guilty of wasting time and taxpayer money and should be beaten at the polls, then tarred and feathered and ridden out of DC on a rail! They HATE Trump because they can't control him. Well, DUH!!! That's why we elected him! He's stirring things up in the swamp and the witch hunters are running scared!
    Finally, I thoroughly enjoy your articles. It is SO refreshing to hear the TRUTH! Thank you and MAGA 2020 TRUMP!
    Larry Daniels

• Ed Thompson

01/24/2020 07:32 PM

Today I made it a point to watch our President do something no other Present has done before, not one of the previous Presidents who possibly received votes based on their comments about being anti abortion and pro life have ever attended a rally for life— anywhere— or spoke at one till today and I am not ashamed to say the words spoken by our President put tears in my eyes as I listened to someone else who feels as passionate about life and the Christian way of life as I do. And tonight we saw-if you watched the mainstream media, the ignorance of so many people by completely ignoring everything that was said. How do we as a country look to others when we ignore the truth about murdering the most innocent people in the world and smile about it. How do we look to God for help in America,when we accept wholesale slaughter of innocents? HE is watching! Don’t believe in Him—it’s your choice— at least you are alive to make that decision. Give everyone the same chance. It’s not health “care”— it’s murder. Period. God Bless America and our President.

• Kathy Carlisle

01/24/2020 07:25 PM

I watched a little bit of the Democrats impeachment Shifty Sham, It is so Horing ,They just keep repeating the same LIES Over and Over again,I have bot watched ANY of it today, I am going to watch it tomorrow when Trumps team takes over ,I Hope they tear this whole thing apart , Why Anyone would believe anything Schiff says is beyond me ,I have never seen any one that Lies as much as he does, That shows you what kind of Person Nancy Pelosi is ,I can't wait for President Trump to be cleared of All these Fake Charges ,Trump 2020, ( Vote out ALL the Democrats )

• Susan MCCOY

01/24/2020 07:22 PM

I simply cannot stand to watch or listen to the sham of impeachment. I pray everyday for our President , his staff and his defenders . I love your daughter and I will jump for joy if she wins her lawsuit against Clinton. Thank all of you for your hard work .

• Ivan Samaniego

01/24/2020 07:16 PM

I love your letter.

• Mark Mittelstaedt

01/24/2020 07:15 PM

I miss McNeil / Lehrer. Here's hoping that the Republicans will blow the lid off a lot of connect-the-dots information that will make the Dems look utterly foolish; I think I could do it myself if I had the TV " exposure ". Trump has to feel like the guy who told his neighbor he'd help him fix a plumbing leak, then tore out some drywall only to find...termites / rotted wood / etc. - turned out to be a bigger job than he thought ;-} Keep draining, Donald !

• Gail Nelson

01/24/2020 07:11 PM

I agree with your reader from Texas - you shared her comments - Sarah is made for greatness! Can’t wait for her book and for an opportunity to vote for her for President!

• Elisa De la torre

01/24/2020 07:03 PM

I’m sad and shocked by this that’s not how the government should represent their constituents and what about getting the real work done not just dealing with the Senate Trial there’s not a shred of evidence to prove their case

From Lindsay (with slight editing):

01/24/2020 09:33 PM

• Steven Lechtenberg

01/24/2020 09:28 PM

• mark poyhonen

01/24/2020 09:11 PM

The Trouble With Imagining
    The prosecutor continues, “Your honor, we recommend the death penalty.”

• Peggy Siragusa

01/24/2020 09:33 PM

• Steven Lechtenberg

01/24/2020 09:28 PM

• mark poyhonen

01/24/2020 09:11 PM

The Trouble With Imagining
    The prosecutor continues, “Your honor, we recommend the death penalty.”

• Peggy Siragusa