When the news broke that Billy Graham had died, my first reaction was “Now there’s a real example of ‘Fake News.’” Billy Graham has passed from this life for sure at the age of 99, but he is anything but dead. He is more alive now than ever before, and living a life that will never end.

That was the message of Billy Graham’s life. Didn’t matter if he was talking to Presidents, Popes, Prime Ministers, or ordinary people he stuck to the stuff of a very simple message that we are sinners and Jesus Christ is our hope to be rescued from our sins.

He would be criticized and sometimes held in contempt by the elites and academics for such a simple message, but while the critics came and went, Billy Graham never turned to the right or left, but kept his eye on the Cross.

His personal life was one of financial and personal integrity. Constantly under assault by those who tried to catch him in either a financial or moral failure, he lived a circumspect life and went beyond reason to stay pure in his life so that his message was never compromised.

He was the greatest man of our time. His influence was bigger than any of the people who temporarily held an office or had a fortune. His power was never his, but that of Christ, and his fortune was massive, but not on earth, but stored in the incorruptible vaults of Heaven.

There may never be another like him and for that we should be saddened. But for that same reason, we should be grateful to God to have lived during the time of the most influential human being in our lifetime and the most potent force of Christianity since the Apostle Paul.

To his family, we extend our profound condolences, but to God we extend our profound thanks for sending this man to earth and working through him in such an unmatched manner.

• Catherine E. Parker

02/22/2018 05:57 PM

AMEN...I couldn't have said it better myself. Just think of the glorious reception in Heaven!!!

• Kaye Bowman

02/22/2018 05:41 PM

Billy Sunday was also a legend. Wasn't Brother Sunday the one who led Dr. Graham to the Lord?

• nancy white

02/22/2018 05:28 PM

As a child I watched him on TV with my mother. He is the reason, along with my pastor, from a very young age when I found myself in a difficult position I would ask myself "what would Jesus want me to do?"
    He is being celebrated in heaven but we also celebrate his life with us on earth for bringing us the truth in such a transforming way . It is a shame that message never made it to " The View" with their skepticism and ill informed comments. Those of us who are true believers believe that our ultimate fate is in God's hands and it gives me peace and hope for the future. Rest in Peace Billy Graham you were a gift to the world and I hope you send us another messenger.

• Bob Grant

02/22/2018 05:06 PM

Governor,
    I have "known" and followed Billy Graham's life since I was sixteen. I would lay in my bed on Sunday evenings and listen intently to his message Hour of Decision. I entered the Army in 1961 and on returning I volunteered for a short term with the Evangelical Free Church in The Republic of Congo. Finishing that I applied to Wheaton College, knowing that I clearly didn't have the grade point to be accepted, but they took a chance on me, and I graduated in 1970. Mr. Graham was the commencement speaker that year and I missed it because I was working for United Airlines and graduation was left behind. I had my diploma. I firmly believe that my focus on Billy Graham's work provided direction in my life. I still listen to old recordings and am now saddened that in the past two years, in addition to Mr Graham, George Beverly Shea and Cliff Barrows have made that final journey. Now 74, i will surely miss that ministry. Even though Mr Graham "retired" I still knew that his messages were being heard, as I most assuredly believe they will for years to come.

• Joan Zwanzig

02/22/2018 04:58 PM

Dear Mike: This man of God was one of the greatest men of our time. He never wavered from his believes. It was a wonderful tribute you gave him. We all will miss him but, he is where he always wanted to be and that should make us all very happy for him. God bless you Mike and all your family.

• Sandra Malone

02/22/2018 04:52 PM

Beautiful tribute to a great man. And thank you for all you do.

• Nita Larson

02/22/2018 04:45 PM

How beautiful; your tribute painted his life and legacy with truth and compassion, with simplicity and grace. God bless us all. May we strive to let our Christ light shine in a world so dark. Amen.

• JOHN TOMY

02/22/2018 04:43 PM

THANK YOU LORD AMEN!

• Dot Whitley

02/22/2018 04:29 PM

My family and I always gathered around the television when Billy Graham was on. I am so sad that Billy Graham, and R.C.Sproul are no longer with us. So many older folks are leaving us, and we sure could use some good men who are called by God to carry on . I feel so lonely when the Lord takes them on home. The young crowd could certainly use some good leaders who know the Lord, and live like they know the Lord.
    Dot

• Dr. Raj Selladurai

02/22/2018 04:26 PM

Totally agree Gov. Hucksbee! Rev. Graham touched millions of lives for Jesus! Best example of a life “all for/all about Jesus!!!” We should all try to emulate him. Thanks.
    Glorifying Jesus,
    Raj Selladurai

• Norma Vannoy

02/22/2018 04:25 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with your last statement thanking God for sending Billy Graham to earth to proclaim His message of salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ in the power of His Holy Spirit! God used Billy Graham to help me to be born again in 1970 through a telecast by proclaiming the Truths of I John 5:11-13, "And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He (or she) who has the Son has life, and he (or she) who does not have the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him. These things have I written unto you who believe on the name of the Son of God, that you may KNOW that you have eternal life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God. Up until that time I was simply religious, but lost! So I look forward to meeting Billy personally when I get to heaven!

• Joyce Jenkins

02/22/2018 04:07 PM

So well put, Governor. Not a greater man in our times, but even the least of us is greatest in the kingdom of God. That's how precious the cross and the blood of Christ are for sinners saved by grace. I am just one.

• Jon Philbrick

02/22/2018 04:03 PM

We are indeed fortunate to have lived in a time when Billy Graham was a resident of this earth. He delivered a simple message and always maintained an exemplary life, worthy of anyone to follow. He fought the good fight, ran the race to completion and now is smiling in the presence of his wife and Father.

• Phyllis Peck

02/22/2018 03:55 PM

He was a man that truly loved the Lord, and his passing is sad. Yet, there is the blessed hope of Jesus coming again while he rests in his grave. The Bible says he is sleeping.

• shelby tuck

02/22/2018 03:54 PM

I read them thank you might Mike Mr Graham great man of faith

• shelby tuck

02/22/2018 03:52 PM

Billy Graham lives on in heaven eternally where all is perfect being

• Tom Buttram

02/22/2018 03:48 PM

Mike: Thank you for recognizing this man of God for being just that. Right, he was never swayed or drawn into discussions of the left or right, but his eyes were straight down the middle, or I should say, straight up. One thing I wish to comment about: Billy Graham was not one to preach false doctrine. He believed not as some do, like those who preach a rapture, where redeemed go to Heaven and celebrate until the Resurrection of the Dead, but Mr. Graham preached the Biblical understanding that when we die; we lie in the dust of the earth while our soul is in Jesus--resting. Those who have their name in the Lamb's Book of Life--rest in Paradise until the Lord comes. Then their sleeping souls are brought to the earth by the Father (1 Thess. 4:14) so they would be resurrected, changed in a moment from mortal to immortal, from corruptible to incorruptible then raised to eternal reward. Mr. Graham shunned the idea that (as Catholics teach) we who are born again, go straight to Heaven to function as saints and doing what saints do. We all sleep after death, either in restlessness or at peaceful rest in Jesus.

• Nancy Davis

02/22/2018 03:48 PM

Mr. Huckabee, you couldn't have said it better in giving a tribute for Billy Graham. I am so grateful to God for his wonderful ministry and life of integrity. I am one of his 'second generation' converts, as my mom accepted Christ at one of his very first rallies. And now many in my family are also Christians as the legacy goes on. I too was saddened at Billy Graham's passing but then immediately overjoyed for him to finally be in the presence of Jesus.
    Thank you for your continued work to help save our nation.

• A Neville

02/22/2018 03:40 PM

I am sure when Billy Graham came to Jesus - he said "Well done my good and faithful servant, - you are HOME"! Prayers for the family....

• Vicki Moore

02/22/2018 03:34 PM

Amen!

• Jane Canfield

02/22/2018 03:21 PM

Amen and Amen, Mike! I am in full agreement with all you say and you said it so well! I was blessed to have lived and heard him...now he is perfect and with Jesus Christ and all the other saints in Glory!

• William Wayne west

02/22/2018 03:19 PM

Perfectly stated. Thank you Sir.

• Eva Chastain

02/22/2018 03:11 PM

What an awesome tribute you have written in memory of true hero of the Faith ! Thank you Mike Huckabee for speaking for all of us! And thank you for for your bold testimony and for standing in the gap, as well !

• Cecil Bush

02/22/2018 03:10 PM

Amen.

• Firewagon

02/22/2018 03:07 PM

And, all the chorus shouted AMEN! My Grandmother and Grandfather NEVER missed one of Billy Graham's sermons/crusades, when they were televised. By extension, we children also were in the audience at home. Those sports stadiums filled to overflowing with "sinners," was an amazing sight to see! Most impressive, however, was those "Alter Calls," when thousands of folk would walk every aisle to be greeted by one of Billy's people to guide them in accepting Christ as their Savior. Sadly, as noted, America, or the world, will never see another of his like in this fallen world. Even during his influential time here, America has seen a cultural decline over the past fifty-odd years, and we are reaping our current carnage from that ignorance!

• Roger Hudgins

02/22/2018 02:59 PM

Mike, you could not have said it better. And yet how can words begin to capture the immense impact that one man, wholly committed to serving the Lord Jesus Christ, has had on the people of our time. Oh, to have even a moment's glimpse into the reunion and celebration occuring now in Heaven.

• Carole Kann

02/22/2018 02:52 PM

Billy Graham is HOME!!! The Angels are singing - "When the Saints go Marching In"! America has lost a GREAT/GREAT Preacher who was truly a Man of GOD and LOVED my millions of people!!! GOD Bless and Comfort the extended Billy Graham Family at this time!

• Deanna Sinclair-Parker

02/22/2018 02:41 PM

I can still hear his voice when he would preach, calling people to come to Jesus Christ for your salvation. God gifted Mr. Graham, and blessed those who would listen! Can you imagine he is meeting all those who came to Christ right now?! I thank God I was blessed to have been privileged to have watched and listened to Mr. Billy Graham on TV from the '70-'80s, and I still have the Bible his crusades sent me back in the '70s when I was overseas in the military! Mr. Graham was truly an example of a Godly man, whom we all need to try to emulate. Praise God!

• Deanna Sinclair-Parker

02/22/2018 02:33 PM

I can still hear his voice when he would preach, calling people to come to Jesus Christ for your salvation. God gifted Mr. Graham, and blessed those who would listen! I would if he is meeting all those who came to Christ right now?! I thank God I was blessed to have been privileged to have watched and listened to Mr. Billy Graham on TV from the '70-'80s, and I still have the Bible his crusades sent me back in the '70s when I was overseas in the military! Mr. Graham was truly an example of a Godly man, whom we all need to try to emulate. Praise God!

• JOHN FUNCHION

02/22/2018 02:32 PM

HI MIKE... IF BILLY WAS A FREEMASON... AND SAID 'THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO GOD'... IS HE NOW IN HEAVEN... WAS HE SAVED... THANK YOU.

• Becki Mohat

02/22/2018 02:31 PM

When I think of Billy Grahams passing, I think of the song, "Thank you for giving to the Lord". I can only imagine the long lines waiting to embrace Billy for introducing them to our Lord and Savior. It will be immense.
    What a life well lived. He will finally see the results of that life devoted to Jesus!

• SJ Curtice

02/22/2018 02:16 PM

When I first heard the news of Billy Graham's death, I smiled. Then I immediately thought of the chorus, "....
    What a day of rejoicing that will be! When we all see Jesus, we will sing and shout the victory!"
    What a home coming!!!! I look forward to mine also!

• Patricia A. McMahon

02/22/2018 02:15 PM

Thank you, Lord for lending Rev. Graham for the time we had him. He will be missed. Then again, forgive me my lapse in memory and judgement. I temporarily forgot about his books and other works in Your Name that he has left us to remain close to You. Think I'll go to the library and check out some books. In Your Name, Amen. Think I'll still miss him.

• JOHN FUNCHION

02/22/2018 02:14 PM

HI MIKE... IF BILLY WAS A FREEMASON... AND SAID 'THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO GOD'... WAS HE SAVED... THANK YOU... JOHN

• Sara Curtice

02/22/2018 02:10 PM

What a home coming!!!! I look forward to mine also!

• Jesse Henry

02/22/2018 01:54 PM

Yes, we are indeed grateful to God for sending Billy Graham. Let's pray that God will raise up another to proclaim the truth to our nation, as well as the world.

• Diane Womble

02/22/2018 01:51 PM

I am saddened to hear of his passing.....but gladdened that his passing into Heaven is a most enviable place to be. I am so thankful that I attended one of his gatherings hear in Atlanta or it may have been when I lived in Chicago, and when he called for those to come forward, I went. It wasn't that I hadn't been a believer, but I wanted to learn more, more of how I was supposed to live. A few years later, my husband and I attended The Walk to Emmaus weekends and became even closer in our walk with God. My husband is now in Heaven also and while I miss him terribly, I am trying to make my life worthwhile by volunteering and staying active in my Methodist Church in Duluth, GA.

• Marilyn Turnley

02/22/2018 01:36 PM

I am very grateful that he listened to God's guidance. The simplicity of his message is the one I try to use in my little prison ministry or in any Bible study I lead or participate in, as I try to follow Rev. Graham's example. Know he is having a wonderful time now!!!!

• Karen Wheat

02/22/2018 01:31 PM

My father has been with Jesus for a year now, and he was seldom impressed by anyone. He always said that the Lord was the only one worthy of man's praise and admiration, but there were a few that truly lived and demonstrated integrity. Billy Graham was one of the few.

I have always loved and respected Rev Graham, as he never wavered from The Truth. I got to sing in the choir at his 1999 visit to St Louis. It was amazing!

I know that God will tell him "well done, my good and faithful servant"!

• Jerome Gabrovic

02/22/2018 01:31 PM

I was saddened and happy at the same time to hear about Billy Graham's passing to his next life. Happy because he will have a well deserved life without end. Saddened because there are no more spiritual leaders on a national level. All of the so-called name churches are petrified of the Federal Government or media and won't speak out on anything.

We'll miss you Billy. So long, for now.

Jerry Gabrovic
    NE Texas

• Faye Ragland

02/22/2018 01:28 PM

Agree to all you wrote - but please continue with - the rest of the story -
    his legacy is alive and ongoing his work is not done it is continuing through generations of lives -millions world wide ministering to their own countries through the salvation messages he brought as well as several of his children and grandchildren preaching the word, nationally and internationally: Will Graham, Franklin Graham, Ann Graham Lots and the Samaritans purse organization showing up with prayers and actual helping hands and supplies in ALL the weather tragedies this year alone! Billy Graham organization lives and generations who never saw him preach can do that now! Through the Billy Graham classics on TBN. They are
    As timely and anointed today as at the first. I listen while I do my housework it is an encouragement
    Love your show. Please pass this on.

• Faye Ragland

02/22/2018 01:27 PM

Agree to all you wrote - but please continue with - the rest of the story -
    Love your show. Please pass this on.

• Barbara Sheffield

02/22/2018 01:23 PM

Dear Mike

You really nailed it with your comments.!!!!

• Michael Stewart

02/22/2018 01:16 PM

If you have accepted Christ as Lord you are not a sinner. Jesus is not our hope to be rescued from sin. He has forgiven all sin past, present and future. All a person has to go is accept it.

• gene gaertner

02/22/2018 01:15 PM

you summed it up beautifully and eloquently.. SO TRUE!! No more to be said. GG

• gene gaertner

02/22/2018 01:13 PM

you summed it up beautifully and eloquently.. SO TRUE!! No more to be said. GG

• Stephen Smitley

02/22/2018 01:12 PM

Amen. Well said.

• Tewania Canterberry

02/22/2018 01:05 PM

I am so thankful that Billy Graham accepted the call of God upon his life and lived it fervently and faithfully as an example to all of us. I can only imagine the rewards God had waiting for him when he entered Heaven and the JOY he experienced seeing Jesus face to face and hearing the words "Enter In Thy Good and Faithful Servant". I'm thankful for the legacy and resources he has left behind for us who are still living on the earth. I'm thankful for Salvation, thankful for Jesus and all the promises of God to all who believe. I'm also thankful for you Mike Huckabee and so many others who are bold in sharing their faith and standing up for what is right. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Graham family :-)

• Lori L Chevalier

02/22/2018 01:02 PM

What a lovely tribute!

• Margaret Hamm

02/22/2018 12:57 PM

We have lost a great man of God, who has finished his work here on earth with his eye always on God, the job he called him to do, and the finish line. He brought many souls to the Lord. We were blessed to have him, as was his family. I am sure his wife welcomed him home one last time after a long journey. He will be missed by many. Our loss is Heaven's gain.

• Catherine E. Parker

02/22/2018 05:57 PM

• Kaye Bowman

02/22/2018 05:41 PM

• nancy white

02/22/2018 05:28 PM

• Bob Grant

02/22/2018 05:06 PM

Governor,

• Joan Zwanzig

02/22/2018 04:58 PM

• Sandra Malone

02/22/2018 04:52 PM

Beautiful tribute to a great man. And thank you for all you do.

• Nita Larson

02/22/2018 03:52 PM

Billy Graham lives on in heaven eternally where all is perfect being

• Tom Buttram

02/22/2018 03:48 PM

• Nancy Davis

02/22/2018 03:48 PM

Thank you for your continued work to help save our nation.

• A Neville

02/22/2018 03:40 PM

• Vicki Moore

02/22/2018 03:34 PM

Amen!

• Jane Canfield

02/22/2018 03:21 PM

• William Wayne west

02/22/2018 03:19 PM

Perfectly stated. Thank you Sir.

• Eva Chastain

• JOHN FUNCHION

02/22/2018 02:32 PM

• Becki Mohat

02/22/2018 02:31 PM

• SJ Curtice

02/22/2018 02:16 PM

What a home coming!!!! I look forward to mine also!

• Patricia A. McMahon

02/22/2018 02:15 PM

• JOHN FUNCHION

02/22/2018 02:14 PM

• Sara Curtice

02/22/2018 02:10 PM

What a home coming!!!! I look forward to mine also!

• Jesse Henry

02/22/2018 01:54 PM

• Diane Womble

02/22/2018 01:51 PM

• Marilyn Turnley

02/22/2018 01:36 PM

• Karen Wheat

02/22/2018 01:31 PM

I know that God will tell him "well done, my good and faithful servant"!

• Jerome Gabrovic

02/22/2018 01:31 PM

We'll miss you Billy. So long, for now.

Jerry Gabrovic
    NE Texas

• Faye Ragland

02/22/2018 01:28 PM

Agree to all you wrote - but please continue with - the rest of the story -
    Love your show. Please pass this on.

• Faye Ragland

02/22/2018 01:27 PM

Agree to all you wrote - but please continue with - the rest of the story -
    Love your show. Please pass this on.

• Barbara Sheffield

02/22/2018 01:23 PM

Dear Mike

You really nailed it with your comments.!!!!

• Michael Stewart

02/22/2018 05:06 PM

Governor,

• Joan Zwanzig

02/22/2018 04:58 PM

• Sandra Malone

02/22/2018 04:52 PM

Beautiful tribute to a great man. And thank you for all you do.

• Nita Larson

02/22/2018 03:52 PM

Billy Graham lives on in heaven eternally where all is perfect being

• Tom Buttram

02/22/2018 03:48 PM

• Nancy Davis

02/22/2018 03:48 PM

Thank you for your continued work to help save our nation.

• A Neville

02/22/2018 03:40 PM

• Vicki Moore

02/22/2018 03:34 PM

Amen!

• Jane Canfield

02/22/2018 03:21 PM

• William Wayne west

02/22/2018 03:19 PM

Perfectly stated. Thank you Sir.

• Eva Chastain

• JOHN FUNCHION

02/22/2018 02:32 PM

• Becki Mohat

02/22/2018 02:31 PM

• SJ Curtice

02/22/2018 02:16 PM

What a home coming!!!! I look forward to mine also!

• Patricia A. McMahon

02/22/2018 02:15 PM

• JOHN FUNCHION

02/22/2018 02:14 PM

• Sara Curtice

02/22/2018 02:10 PM

What a home coming!!!! I look forward to mine also!

• Jesse Henry

02/22/2018 01:54 PM

• Diane Womble

02/22/2018 01:51 PM

• Marilyn Turnley

02/22/2018 01:36 PM

• Karen Wheat

02/22/2018 01:31 PM

I know that God will tell him "well done, my good and faithful servant"!

• Jerome Gabrovic

02/22/2018 01:31 PM

We'll miss you Billy. So long, for now.

Jerry Gabrovic
    NE Texas

• Faye Ragland

02/22/2018 01:28 PM

Agree to all you wrote - but please continue with - the rest of the story -
    Love your show. Please pass this on.

• Faye Ragland

02/22/2018 01:27 PM

Agree to all you wrote - but please continue with - the rest of the story -
    Love your show. Please pass this on.

• Barbara Sheffield

02/22/2018 01:23 PM

Dear Mike

You really nailed it with your comments.!!!!

• Michael Stewart