The truly important news

April 21, 2019

From me, my staff and family, we wish you a safe and joyous Passover and Easter.  At the link is the President’s holiday message…

And while the cable news channels may fill the airwaves with yammering about nonexistent collusion and obstruction, this is the truly important news this weekend:

Matthew 27:65-66: "Take a guard,” Pilate answered. “Go, make the tomb as secure as you know how.” So they went and made the tomb secure by putting a seal on the stone and posting the guard.

Luke 24: 1-12: On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.

While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them.  In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them,

“Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; He has risen! Remember how He told you, while He was still with you in Galilee:

‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’”

Then they remembered His words.

When they came back from the tomb, they told all these things to the Eleven and to all the others.  It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the others with them who told this to the apostles. But they did not believe the women, because their words seemed to them like nonsense.

Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened.

John 20: 16-18:  Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that He had said these things to her.

1 Corinthians 15: 3-8:  For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve.

After that, He appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all He appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

Matthew 28:18-20:  Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Felicia M Tollette

04/22/2019 12:56 AM

As usual Governor, you are absolutely spot on in your assessment of our national and human condition. Thank you for reminding us of what really matters. God bless you and your family always; and Happy Easter! He is risen, indeed!

• Nancy Gray

04/22/2019 12:12 AM

He has risen indeed!

• Pamela Goodale

04/21/2019 11:25 PM

Thank you for the wonderful words of life that you have shared. I have no greater joy than to know the peace of God that is given to me through faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ! One day we will meet face to face with our redeemer and will know and be known as brother and sister in Christ forever! Praise his holy name!

• G Diane Leong

04/21/2019 10:57 PM

I read them

• robert rallis

04/21/2019 10:42 PM

I read your scripture, and our Preacher taught from the passage of Luke 24 1-12 also...thank you !!

• Kenneth Bruce Jones

04/21/2019 10:39 PM

We appreciate you

• Dianne Fox

04/21/2019 10:36 PM

He Is Risen Indeed

Thank you for sharing your faith and for standing for truth. Praying for our President and that he be surrounded by those who know Christ and seek God’s will. May he learn from strong Christians and become a man of prayer and develop a personal relationship with our Lord.
    Praying that you may be an inspiration to him. God bless you and your family. Amen

• Allen Swatsworth

04/21/2019 10:25 PM

HE HAS RISEN. May the Lord bless your, your family and staff.

• Larry E Fry

04/21/2019 10:21 PM

Amen!

• Mary Sharp

04/21/2019 10:12 PM

Loved the Easter story??

• Phillip Shermon Walters

04/21/2019 10:07 PM

I always enjoy reading your message! God bless you and your family. I believe your daughter is doing a great job serving our country!

• Donn Chown

04/21/2019 10:03 PM

He is risen indeed..! Thank you for sending this message. It's most encouraging that there remain some brave people in the public spotlight still clinging to the inerrant truth of the Bible, as written, and are unafraid to share their true beliefs for all to see. You and Mike Pence are two such heroes. Throughout the Bible, we are commanded to love one another as Christ loved us. When one considers all of the evil denizens in the "Swamp", that command is terribly difficult to carry out..! Perhaps I'll try to love them (ugh!), but it doesn't mean I have to like 'em..! I guess the approach should be to love the sinner, detest the sin(s). Meanwhile, cannot get away from the notion that, since this whole societal mess is prophesied in both Old and New Testaments, the End of Days is rapidly approaching, and we best be watchful..!

• Joanne Catherine Schmidt

04/21/2019 09:56 PM

Happy Easter to you, your wife and family, Governor!

• Saiaung M Teekham

04/21/2019 09:51 PM

Happy Easter!
    Thank you for the great things you have been doing.
    Praise the Lord that we can share in his joy today and for the eternal life He gives to every one of us by faith.
    Thanks be to God in Jesus' name, for blessings and power He's entrusted to our President Trump and the First Lay, family and his cabinet members as well as all the upright Senators and Congressmen and women, and the authorities of the U.S.A. We the people are blessed and than can be blessings to other nations.
    Grace be with you and family and friends and us all.

• Claudia Caplinger

04/21/2019 09:48 PM

Dear Mr. Huckabee...thank you for your great comments. I always read them and pray for Sarah and the Administration. Thank you for keeping us informed with truth. Hoping you and your family have had a Happy Resurrection Day! He is Risen...Indeed!

• Claudia Caplinger

04/21/2019 09:47 PM

• Claudia Caplinger

04/21/2019 09:46 PM

• Charlie Chase

04/21/2019 09:37 PM

Hi Mike ... thanks for all you do. I'll get straight to my point ... there are many Christians across this country who are "never Trumpers" and do not support Mr. Trump for whatever reason and supported Mr. Obama thinking he was a "dedicated Christian." Actions speak louder than words and Mr. Obama proved by his actions and deeds what and who he was and that was certainly that he was NOT a dedicated believer. Mr. Trump is proving what he stands for by his deeds and in my view is standing up for and supporting Christian values more than any president in recent memory. My comment/question is what can be done in your view to stop the deception of so many Christians from voting for and supporting so many leftist/socialist democrats in elections year after year. If Christians were not deceived into their passive behavior about "politics," thinking that their politics control their morals instead of the other way around then elections would not even be close, but as things stand, this country is doomed into a permanent deception of the evil ones. Thanks for your time in reading this ... Regards, Charlie Chase

• thomas bussard

04/21/2019 09:36 PM

that is very true scripture

• Tarrie Geiger

04/21/2019 09:22 PM

Thank you for showing this important biblical account so much more important than all of the other news of the day put together!! God bless!!

• Robert Ray Luing

04/21/2019 09:18 PM

Thank you for the Easter message. Praying for you and our country.

• Patricia Purdy

04/21/2019 09:12 PM

I appreciate a man of your stature and achievement taking a bold stand for our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Elaine Liming

04/21/2019 09:09 PM

Thank You for taking the time to give meaning to this wonderful Easter Day. He has Risen and He Lives and We are the Easter People. He is with us until the end of time and we too can look forward to our resurrection because of Him. Happy Easter!

• Charles J. Ong, Sr.

04/21/2019 09:08 PM

I hope those who read this will start believing that there are more things than power and money!

• Joel franks

04/21/2019 08:34 PM

Wonderful words! Thanks for sharing.

The truly important news

April 21, 2019

Then they remembered His words.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Felicia M Tollette

We appreciate you

• Dianne Fox

04/21/2019 10:36 PM

He Is Risen Indeed

• Allen Swatsworth

04/21/2019 10:25 PM

HE HAS RISEN. May the Lord bless your, your family and staff.

• Larry E Fry

04/21/2019 10:21 PM

Amen!

• Mary Sharp

04/21/2019 10:12 PM

Loved the Easter story??

• Phillip Shermon Walters

04/21/2019 10:07 PM

• Donn Chown

04/21/2019 10:03 PM

• Joanne Catherine Schmidt

04/21/2019 09:56 PM

Happy Easter to you, your wife and family, Governor!

• Saiaung M Teekham

04/21/2019 09:51 PM

Happy Easter!
    Thank you for the great things you have been doing.
    Grace be with you and family and friends and us all.

• Claudia Caplinger

04/21/2019 09:36 PM

that is very true scripture

• Tarrie Geiger

04/21/2019 09:22 PM

• Robert Ray Luing

04/21/2019 09:18 PM

Thank you for the Easter message. Praying for you and our country.

• Patricia Purdy

04/21/2019 09:12 PM

• Elaine Liming

04/21/2019 09:09 PM

• Charles J. Ong, Sr.

04/21/2019 09:08 PM

• Joel franks

04/21/2019 08:34 PM

Wonderful words! Thanks for sharing.

The truly important news

April 21, 2019

Then they remembered His words.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Felicia M Tollette

We appreciate you

• Dianne Fox

04/21/2019 10:36 PM

He Is Risen Indeed

• Allen Swatsworth

04/21/2019 10:25 PM

HE HAS RISEN. May the Lord bless your, your family and staff.

• Larry E Fry

04/21/2019 10:21 PM

Amen!

• Mary Sharp

04/21/2019 10:12 PM

Loved the Easter story??

• Phillip Shermon Walters

04/21/2019 10:07 PM

• Donn Chown

04/21/2019 10:03 PM

• Joanne Catherine Schmidt

04/21/2019 09:56 PM

Happy Easter to you, your wife and family, Governor!

• Saiaung M Teekham

04/21/2019 09:51 PM

Happy Easter!
    Thank you for the great things you have been doing.
    Grace be with you and family and friends and us all.

• Claudia Caplinger

04/21/2019 09:36 PM

that is very true scripture

• Tarrie Geiger

04/21/2019 09:22 PM

• Robert Ray Luing

04/21/2019 09:18 PM

Thank you for the Easter message. Praying for you and our country.

• Patricia Purdy

04/21/2019 09:12 PM

• Elaine Liming

04/21/2019 09:09 PM

• Charles J. Ong, Sr.

04/21/2019 09:08 PM

• Joel franks

04/21/2019 08:34 PM

Wonderful words! Thanks for sharing.