Cowboys stun fans and me

September 26, 2017

Sadly, I spoke too soon yesterday in praising my favorite NFL team, the Dallas Cowboys, for not joining in the literal kneejerk protest of President Trump’s criticism of players for kneeling during the National Anthem. Before last night’s game against the Arizona Cardinals, owner Jerry Jones linked arms with the entire team as they “took a knee.” Jones had previously made it clear that he found it “really disappointing” when players disrespect the flag and Anthem, and he kept politics off the field. Well, he allowed them on last night, and I hope the boos of Cowboys fans let him know what they thought about it.

Jones tried to draw a line between what the Cowboys did and other protesters-in-cleats (noting that they kneeled before the Anthem, not during). He said this was a “show of unity,” but unity with what? With people who do kneel during the National Anthem, as a symbol of how they think the police are racist killers? (Let’s not ever forget that what started this whole practice was one whiny quarterback who hates cops and depicts them as pigs.)

Does Mr. Jones recall that five Dallas police officers were gunned down while heroically protecting the lives of Black Lives Matter supporters who were protesting them? How about showing solidarity with the Dallas Police by not joining in these protests? Or does he feel a greater need to show solidarity with an NFL commissioner who defends anti-police protests as free speech, yet banned the Cowboys from wearing decals on their helmets honoring those fallen Dallas officers? Hats off to the Arizona Cardinals for refusing to literally bend their knees to the gods of political correctness. Instead, they showed “solidarity” with football fans, who are fed up with having leftist politics infesting and ruining every once-non-partisan common area of American life.

If you want to protest police, then picket the police station. If you want to protest Trump, picket the White House. But why desecrate the honor of the flag and National Anthem with leftwing symbolism that is based on hating America? (And indulging in the same ritual, only slightly before the Anthem starts playing, is just weaselly hair-splitting.)

Apparently, the only way to make it clear to the players and team owners that fans are sick of this political grandstanding is to hit them in their pocketbooks. I hope Dallas fans who buy tickets and merchandise and who paid for the Cowboys’ otherworldly stadium with their taxes and who are upset about Jones’ about-face make their outrage known loud and clear. You can’t be America’s team if you’re going to “express solidarity” with people who go out of their way to show disrespect for America.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Robert McGregor

09/26/2017 10:28 PM

Mike, please step back and consider that Jerry Jones and family, as owners, not only have a duty to their fans but also to their employees. If Jason Garrett is to be believed, the Cowboys worked on a solution to this current issue up until an hour before game time - when most teams are only thinking game prep. Perhaps that's why the game started poorly for the Cowboys.

I'm not sure if I agree with the protesting players because I'm not yet sure their concerns have been fully thought through and agreed upon. Moreover, I understand the 1st Amendment has private sector limitations - and that the allowable expression of such should be tempered by franchise owners who bear the market risk of advancing them.

Rather than pretending this situation didn't exist, JJ and and the 'Pokes offered a reasonable interim solution accompanied by a next day followup. In my opinion, the Cowboys respected the flag, anthem, and American tradition in a way that should've meant something to patriotic fans - and at the same time, gave decent working room to make sure their team (their business) could move forward in a cohesive way. Don't the Cowboys also owe their fans a team that puts out its best efforts? Cohesiveness and good morale are ingredients for that sort of effort.

For those that believe no compromise (in either direction) should be made or that JJ and the Cowboys are only "fence walkers," I believe them to be inexperienced in matters of business if not life, in general. Just my opinion, but perhaps Jerry has not only insured he has has a team that can better pull together but also set the Cowboys up to have a leadership position on this and other issues. Finally, for those who lament politics finding its way into the sports world, I suggest they either study a little history or wake up. Thank you for the opportunity to comment.

• Kimberly Lynn

09/26/2017 10:23 PM

Mr Huckabee, you didn't speak to soon, people's behavior changed daily based on popularity rather than being courageous and doing what is right. Sad

• Darwin Drake

09/26/2017 10:16 PM

Maybe these big overpaid protesters of police brutality should put on a badge and show us what they would do in these life and death instant decision situations. Next let us go back to the military draft and most of them, being young enough, can take their turn in uniform protecting our nation on the front lines under deadly competition conditions. Instead of sore feet, pulled muscles, etc. they will get bullet holes, blown off limbs, bodies laced with shrapnel, etc. Then let them stand up before the enemy and protest! This is just a bunch of overpaid, over glorified young punks looking for more attention. I say let's put football out of business! Vacate the stadiums, no more government money, which I understand is a great plenty, no more fanfare whatsoever! Break the leagues, owners and players so they have something to complain about! I, for one, am no longer a football fan! Adios Packers!
    Navy vet; Darwin Drake.

• Elizabeth Sherrick

09/26/2017 10:15 PM

Mr. Huckabee, Our family would like to thank you for being our voice. It means so much to us personally that we have someone, so dedicated & true, supporting & speaking out for us. Thank you! Yes we agree 100%! Our family felt great disappointment with the Cowboy's decision, especially after our family's other team had already taken knee during the anthem. (Deadskins lol) As parents were look ing forward to passing on traditions with our youngest who is 1 1/2 "Daddy's team" vs. "Mommy's team", family pictures, gag gifts, etc as we had done with our 12 year old. Now as we listen to our 12 year olds painful & disappointed remarks about this, we are 99% sure our youngest won't be raised knowing NFL. Heartbreaking but as the song goes, "You gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything". We have to start now showing him the value of our country, those who protect us, respect & appreciation, time/ place/ manners, etc. He is our next generation.

• Carrie Gaylord

09/26/2017 09:58 PM

I'm with you Mike! I was glad to hear that Jerry Jones was taking a strong stand as a proud American, and refused to have anyone on his payroll that would not stand in honor during the Nationsl Anthem...Then, he pulled "a fast one" on us! I can live life without the NFL, and I hope there are enough of us willing to do so to get Goodell's attention!

• Cloy McWilliams

09/26/2017 09:51 PM

I'm so disappointed with all the NFL, really I'm glad I stop watching last year, because my country means more to me then any NFL game. I read Revelations 9:13-21 yesterday made th think, God's grace is restrained and Hell has really come to earth.
    These people have no idea of respect, in any form. Money is all they think about, if they would use their time and money to make a difference in Chicago to help the families that have children killed daily, gangs and drugs that have stole so many lives from the black communities, it would have a much better impact on their race then taking a knee at a football game, all we can do is pray that someone will step up and change their attitudes and way of life

• Bobbi Finne

09/26/2017 09:51 PM

I started boycotting last year, I love my team and they haven't taken a knee....But, I support my country first and my family is a big military family.......My problem is I am sick of people throwing out their ideas in my face, I think for myself....
    I am sick and tired of people saying they oppressed, well they can thank the liberals for that....I am sick of hearing racist, I am sick of them tearing down our statues.....I could go on and on, I just want this country to get along like we did before obama took office....

• Pat L

09/26/2017 09:48 PM

I was so disappointed in what the Cowboys did and Jones joining in on the politicizing a sport, I am just disgusted and will not watch any NFL game and especially the Cowboys...I thought we had a reasonable team.

• Diana Higginbotham

09/26/2017 09:47 PM

I was very disappointed. The whole demonstration looked so contrived. What did it mean? Jerry Jones and his team decided to sit on the fence and try to please both sides. It didn't work for me. It was embarrassing. True patriots would have walked out on that field with head held high and hands over their heart and stood as they always have for our country's Anthem. They would have gained the respect of the fans who watch their games and pay their salaries. Today they are trying to defend and explain what they did. Sad, sad state of affairs. They certainly lost my respect. Live on Don Meredith, Bob Lilly, Tom Landry and Cowboys of old. I miss you.

• Diana Higginbotham

09/26/2017 09:44 PM

I was very disappointed. The whole demonstration looked so contrived. What did it mean? Jerry Jones and his team decided to sit on the fence and try to please both sides. It didn't work for me. It was embarrassing. True patriots would have walked out on that field with head help high and hands over their heart and stood as they always have for our country's Anthem. They would have gained the respect of the fans who watch their games and pay their salaries. Today they are trying to defend and explain what they did. Sad, sad state of affairs. They certainly lost my respect. Live on Don Meredith, Bob Lilly, Tom Landry and Cowboys of old. I miss you.

• Douglas Leib

09/26/2017 09:37 PM

Right on Governor!!! Maybe there are some non stop flights behind B-52's to North Korea soon that they can hook a WWII glider on to for a "FREE" ride to their "heaven" with Dennis Rodman & Kim Jun UN-NUT.

• Matt Colburn

09/26/2017 09:35 PM

Well said, Mr. Huckabee.
    I think the most important thing to remember in all of this is that professional athletes in this country are all privately funded, and paid by the owners of the teams. They can do whatever they want while they're working their jobs, as long as their employers support them, and no laws are broken. Their on-field behavior is governed by the league and the franchise, not Executive Orders or Acts of Congress. In other words, the US Government doesn't make up the rules for the NFL, the NFL does.

However, these teams earn their revenue from the sales of game tickets, stadium concessions, team merchandise, and (in some cases) media contracts. A full-on, organized boycott or picketing is not necessary, as these people do not provide a service that we require. They provide us entertainment, and when we no longer find their behavior entertaining, one-by-one, we simply stop paying for it. There's no need for people to call for the league to be shut down or march around the stadiums with signs. This is a situation where the silent majority can remain silent and ignore what's going on, and it will stop on its own. Once the protests are out of the media cycle and are old news, nobody will be paying any attention to them at all. The owners will only support the players behaving in a manner that their fans don't like as long as the franchise is financially successful. Once it's a struggle to pay the team salary or keep the lights burning at these stadiums, things will change. One ticket at a time, one overpriced beer or hot dog at a time, one jersey at a time, things will change.

I would encourage people to save their money for the things that are important to them, and the things they personally find entertaining and fulfilling. Think of the good that could be done at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen with what it costs for one pair of Cowboy's or 49'ers season tickets. Imagine what our churches could do if folks put their ticket money in the offering plate instead of the ticket window on Sunday.

By the way, if it's a football fix people need, there's some really good ball played on Saturday, and on Friday night, too.

• Fanetta Keener

09/26/2017 09:20 PM

I was so aggravated I did not even watch an NFL game this weekend,only long enough for the Anthem. And then I get up this morning and listen to Dale Hansen the sports reporter from Dallas and just wanted to bust him in his mouth. I am so sick of all the stupidity that is going on in this country!!! These players are not being paid for this. We are the ones that pay their salaries, so I think we should Boycott the whole NFL and any other sport where these million dollar players show just how ignorant and stupid they are.

• Eloise Rowe

09/26/2017 09:18 PM

I agree with you 100%. This National Anthem has nothing to do with police brutality -these players are disrespecting the flag and the Anthem and they can say they are not all day long- actions speak louder than words. They are doing nothing but causing division in this country. My hope is they lose their great big salaries. If you want to change things do something positive. But also know the facts. A lot more white people are killed by police than black people. I didn't agree with the President's language but I agreed with the message.

• Michael Hemberger

09/26/2017 09:09 PM

Well said!!!!

• Willadean Jackson

09/26/2017 09:04 PM

Please do what you can to influence those who need to be, to take the 5.8 million dollars from the nfl that is given to them to pay tribute to our military. They definitely are not doing that.

• Cathy Anderson

09/26/2017 09:03 PM

It is a sad day when we worry more about someone being disrespectful to the flag than we do with 4 hurricanes causing destruction, loss of the basic necessities which are food, clothing, homes, etc. This kneeling problem that the players have is their problem, it does not show any solidarity, or justice, or any other silly thing like that, it just simply shows disrespect to the American people that pay their very high salaries. In the end, they are the ones that have earned the disrespect from the American people.

• Claudia Bell

09/26/2017 08:56 PM

I think this whole thing has really gotten out of control. I became an American citizen 10 years ago. I was born and raised in Germany, and one of the things that attracted me to America was the people's healthy sense of patriotism, which Germany doesn't have much of anymore, thanks to Hitler. I don't think President Trump's crude words about kneeling players were wisely chosen (I agree with him most of the time), but the reaction to it by all those kneeling players out of protest against him is totally unacceptable. I was thinking tonight that it would be wonderful if God sent another strong leader like Martin Luther King Jr., who might be able to bridge the gap peacefully. There is too much harshness on all sides. A country divided against itself cannot stand. With God taken out of the public sphere, people don't know how to respect and love one another anymore. ?? Jesus is the only answer to all this hot steam!

• Phil Lawson

09/26/2017 08:53 PM

I have been a Cowboy's backer, supporter and fan all my adult life. I will no longer buy their merchandise or watch their games. Feel betrayed!

• Sheryl Markwell

09/26/2017 08:45 PM

Dear Mr Jones, Either sh#t or get off the pot. You can't straddle this barbed wire fence. Disappointed.

• Paulette Coon

09/26/2017 08:42 PM

Well said!!! I totally agree. I might add that people kneel in prayer, not unity, as they call it. I turned off the Saints game after being a fan for 40 years! I'm done with the NFL. And now, I see a Congresswoman kneeled today! GOD Bless you and your message, Governor Huckabee...and I love your daughter. She's doing an excellent job.

• Mary Coker

09/26/2017 08:17 PM

Didn't like the Presidents language but the NFL is causing such names. The only thing they care about is being on camera and money. We can stop this disrespectful behavior by not going to games, not buying the merchandise and not supporting the NFL's sponsors. It's pretty simple. We dig in our heels and demand respect.

• Kevin

09/26/2017 08:10 PM

Thanks Mike! I always appreciate how you can bring humor and piercing light to the absurdity of the left. The NFL owners just showed how scared they are of the players and their union. They are even more scared of liberal PC bashing.

The NFL is heading toward the same cliff that the MLB players jumped off with their strike in 94-95

• Amanda Roberts

09/26/2017 08:06 PM

I agree with you, Mr. Huckabee. I think during presentation of our flag and National Anthem is not the time nor place to protest.
    I, and many friends and family, have decided not to watch any NFL games where players protest. Our country flag and anthem should be shown respect

• Joe Lyddon

09/26/2017 07:51 PM

Have you seen what the CEO of the Kansas City Chiefs did?
    ===============================================

KC Chiefs

MY KIND OF AN AMERICAN (Owner of the Kansas City Chiefs)

Clark Hunt, CEO and Owner of the Kansas City Chiefs

Mr. Hunt called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them:

"You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage!
    You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country's National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Kansas City Chief, a Coach for the Kansas City Chiefs or have any association with the Chiefs Organization!
    I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!"
    You can make your political statements off the field, but when you're employed by me and I'm signing your check, I demand that you make our fans proud and not embarrass them."
    ===========================================
    My thoughts Exactly!
    If an employee ON COMPANY TIME chooses to disgrace The Company he is working for, he deserves whatever action the EMPLOYER chooses to deliver!!
    On his OFF hours, he can do anything he wants... BUT, he better NOT slander the Employer!!

• Rebecca Chandler

09/26/2017 07:50 PM

As usual, very common sense assessment from a father's heart. Spot on. As for me, I've been done with pro-football since cry baby Kaepernick first took a seat last year. There were no adults to stop that childish behavior- not the coach, not the owner, not Roger. So they did it to themselves. Now I was born and raised in Dallas and have followed the Cowboys since back in the days of Tom Landry. No more. Jerry Jones had an opportunity to do the right thing, but sadly he chose to side with the political correctness gang - losers. I'm done. This old girl has left the stadium.

• Taw Bur

09/26/2017 07:49 PM

Totally agree with you Mr Huckabee!

• Katherine

09/26/2017 07:46 PM

It's ok to disagree but don't disrespect the flag ???? that gave you the freedom to disagree. I will always stand and place my hand on my heart when the anthem plays. God bless the men and women who serve in the military for my freedom!! ????????????

• David E. Anderson

09/26/2017 07:29 PM

God bless Mike Huckabee for bringing clarity to every issue. It's not clear to me what the NFL players are even protesting. Kaepernick was beginning to fail as the SF QB and decided to show disrespect to our nation's symbols of unity--the American flag and the National Anthem. Now equally misguided young Black football players are standing in unity with him. What are they protesting? Protesting for the sake of protests? What effects do they expect to have on the American majority? I have seen Black Americans (e.g. Villaneuva, and others) who have stood tall for America at this time. They point the way to more social justice for all by their inspiring example.

• Kat LaPlace

09/26/2017 07:27 PM

All For Freedom Of Speech!!
    However, everyone who goes to their job has or knows there are RULES in the Employee Code of Conduct Handbook and in the Playbook at work! YES, you can be fired if those Rules are NOT Followed...

• Kathy Derusha

09/26/2017 07:16 PM

You have such a way with words and such a grasp on issues, love yours daily news and basically anything you write...thank you. I was raised to be patriotic...I feel the same anger and disappointment that the President does over the disrespect shown by these players who will not honor the flag/country. I wish they could be shipped to another country for six months and then have the choice of staying there or returning to the U.S.; possibly some eyes would be opened. Meanwhile, I will not be one who supports them and watches them carry out their antics.

• Lori Richter

09/26/2017 07:07 PM

I have to say that I was ready to boycott the entire NFL after all the ridiculous displays of players and teams taking a knee for our national anthem. I refused to watch a single game on Sunday. The Cowboys have always been "my team" and I have been an avid fan since I was 12 years old. I was waiting with bated breath on Monday hoping that at least I could count on my 'Boys to do the right thing in the midst of all this nonsense. However, to say I was disappointed to see them take a knee (even though it was before the anthem) would be a vast understatement. I wanted to yell and cry at the TV. Not my Cowboys!! Not them too!! Why do they feel they have to use the game of football for a political platform and an agenda that no one even seems to understand?!? They are protesting against our nation, MY NATION, just because some people got offended by a comment made by President Trump. Then a bunch of others joined in and decided to make it "trendy" to take a knee during the anthem, under the guise of taking a stand against racism.

Needless to say, I didn't watch the Cowboys play last night. I applaud the Cardinals for standing for the anthem but I am not watching any more NFL games. I've enjoyed watching the games for 26 years, but now I am only going to watch college football provided that they behave themselves and continue to honor our flag as well.

• Emer Yeager

09/26/2017 07:04 PM

Let's face it, we are all for unity and equality, which is why they kneeled. The team did not kneel for "justice" or other euphemisms for racial complaint or implication that blacks are being mistreated in general. When you have a team made up of 70% blacks or higher, it must be very hard to find something acceptable to do to be honest with the feelings of any large part of the team. As a West Pointer, Ranger and one 100% committed to Jesus Christ, I was at first surprised at what they did, until I heard the explanation thereof. I found it acceptable and have no doubt that the Lord found no sin. I am strongly opposed to the tearing down of Confederate statues, even though I was born in Manhattan. If I could have changed just one thing, I would have had them holding their hands over their hearts. But, long before this controversy started, many blacks, and a few others, never held their hands over their hearts. The age of multiculturism is upon us, and its intent is to divide us. Let's face it, President Trump, for whom I voted, cast down a gauntlet when he called those who knelt during the National Anthem SOBs. Words such as "misguided", "never had skin in the game," "disrespectful of those who fought for our country" and other such phrases would have been accurate and far less incendiary. He is a President prone to raw emotionalism, which is likely to draw a similar response, which it did in many cases, some good, some bad. I do not for a second believe the Cowboys as a team were kneeling in support of Colin K., so they made it very clear (after the fact) what they intended to communicate, which I found acceptable. Had the crowd been so-informed, I believe the boos would have been much less prevalent. I have had classmates killed in battle and a father who served his country in uniform for 42 years. I don't think the actions of the Cowboy team diminished their sacrifice one iota.

• Joe Analco

09/26/2017 07:02 PM

The facts and your opinion were well stated Governor. The media's anti-american position has found another way to try and influence others by now using sports to change the minds of those who refuse to take a stand and shout out "No More!" I was hoping that these Sport groups would have used their kneeling down on both knees to protest against those who wanted and have influenced the banning of public prayer, but they did not. It is SHAMEFUL!
    Here in the United States we still have the right to freely express our view thought I admit, right now that freedom is being misinterpreted and it is on shaky ground. Here is some food for thought:

"Our flag is more than a piece of cloth. It is the visible form of the history of the United States. Everything that the American flag stands for , were written by the lives and sacrifice of people who wanted to be independent from other countries and have the God given right of Freedom. It is sewn into and filled with the very hopes, dreams, daily struggles and the blood of all who came before us." We shall never consider it just a piece of cloth.
    "GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

• Carmen Rodriguez

09/26/2017 07:01 PM

I agree whole heartedly with me. Huckabee.

Truly we are living in that generation that calls evil Good, + Good, evil!
    What hypocracy!!
    What idiocy!
    What deception!

• Paula Fuqua

09/26/2017 06:59 PM

Mike, you are exactly right! I feel stupid for doing the exact same thing! I also shared your posts and posted in praise of the Cowboys stand against the Anthem protests. How wrong. I’m glad they got booed they deserved it. I’m so done with this whole mess and with the stupid NFL itself!!! Mike you are awesome and almost always right!

• Angie Rowell

09/26/2017 06:57 PM

Let me start with saying Mike I love reading everything you post. But I am sick on my stomach with the NFL. My Papa was a WWII POW and was in a German prison. My Papa and many others fought and died for these ungreatful millionaires to disrespect this great country we live in. What I want to know is when did people start seeing the National Anthem as a disrespect on the color of your skin. My Grand Father fault for all!!!! Not white not black not tan. But ALL!!! The Great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr would be so unhappy with the way black men are acting. Ms. Rosa Parks would also. This is not what they was fighting for. The National Anthem represents a great country where you can have freedom of speech. The ones kneeling needs to really listen to every word of this great song and take it in. And if you don't like it you have the freedom to leave. I promise you there are many in other countries that would take these grateful men's place quick fast and in a hurry. I love the USA!!

• Patti Donovan

09/26/2017 06:47 PM

Wel said Gov. Huckabee. Exactly how a lot of us are thinking.

• June Lewsader

09/26/2017 06:46 PM

I agree with you, Governor Huckabee. You described this act of disgrace toward our country very well.

• Mark Stripling

09/26/2017 06:45 PM

This whole protest is based on the lie "Hands up, don't shoot", which ushered in Obama's racist hate group "Black Lives Matter". Statistics show that a higher percentage of blacks are involved in illegal activity and violent crimes than any other race. It follows that they are more likely to be in deadly altercations with law enforcement. These players should stand and put their hands on their hearts to show respect for the greatest thing they have going for them, The United States of America. Then they should kneel in pray and ask God to help them rid their cities and communities of black on black murder, drug users, drug dealers, gangs and domestic violence.

• Betty Kosfewter

09/26/2017 06:33 PM

I agree 100 % with everything you said. I'm the mother of a Top Cop Police Officer and the grandmother of a Marine. All these protestors have no idea what we face on a daily basis. We stand in respect and honor of this great country, and we kneel in prayer every day.

• Mary Blommer

09/26/2017 06:32 PM

Well Said Mike. I agree 100%. My thoughts exactly. Looking forward to your new show. Good Luck and God Bless You.

• David Fisher

09/26/2017 06:29 PM

Well put. It’s interesting that during the recent hurricanes football was “just a game” and didn’t really matter. What was important was that we all came together to help each other. Now the game is suddenly something larger than life. I’m disappointed that not one pro coach or owner has come down on the side of the flag and the country. According to Roger Goodell the NFL is apparently now some altruistic organization dedicated to community service that the country just cannot do without. I used to be a big pro sports fan, but in the words of the raven “nevermore”.

• Kathy funk

09/26/2017 06:28 PM

I agree with you 100%

• Nancy Fowkes

09/26/2017 06:28 PM

Thank you Governor Huckabee for being clear in the chain of events. The babies "protesting" what the President said are really pathetic.

• Mark Stripling

09/26/2017 06:16 PM

After the Dallas police officers were slain by the BLM activist, Jerry Jones wanted the Cowboys to wear a uniform patch in their honor. The league refused to allow it. I am now glad that they were turned down on the request. Although I am in my second year of NFL free life, I did read about what they did on game night. Jerry and his 'Boys slapped all patriotic Americans who love this country, it's flag, it's military, and it's police in the face by taking the Kapernick "Cops Are Pigs" Knee before the anthem. Slapped the DPD and it's dead officers right in the face. Then "proudly" stands as the anthem is played? Does he take us all for fools? Jerry, you can't have it both ways! This hypocrisy was more disgusting than those who blatantly say " America, we take a knee to show we hate you." A die hard lifetime Cowboys fan no more. NFL: NO FANS LEFT.

• Trudy McCreary

09/26/2017 06:07 PM

I am very proud of the Cowboys. I think they did what Americans do best, they found a way to compromise. They showed their unity with others without disrespecting our flag and national anthem.

• C.e. Jeane

09/26/2017 06:07 PM

Dear Mr. Huckabee, I couldn't agree more. I praised Jerry Jones toooo soon because he has turned into a weak kneed , stick my finger in the air kind of being. A real man has balls and has convictions that he stands by even if that means standing alone. I have more balls than these guys and I'm a woman. And the Steelers coach, Mike Tomlin is a DISGRACE as a human being for shaming A. Villanuevo, Army Ranger for standing for the flag. Tomlin would probably wet his pants during basic training let alone in battle. !!!!!!!

• Amy Burris

09/26/2017 06:06 PM

People, especially Liberals, continue to amaze me how much they DO NOT THINK. If taking a knee is ok and is a right, then why do we bother teaching schoolchildren about our country and our history? Why do we bother teaching our children the lyrics to the national anthem? Why do we bother teaching them to respect the flag and the anthem? Why do we bother teaching them to love this "Land That We Love?" Why do we bother at all??? Do they hate America that much? Why do they stay? Oh yeah, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. NOWHERE ELSE CAN THEY HAVE THAT OPPORTUNITY TO EARN THAT MUCH EXCEPT THIS COUNTRY AND BY ITS PEOPLE.

• Pauline Starnes

09/26/2017 06:06 PM

I don't recognize the country I grew up in anymore. Looking up and rejoicing for our redemption draws near.

Cowboys stun fans and me

September 26, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Robert McGregor

• Kevin

09/26/2017 08:10 PM

• Amanda Roberts

09/26/2017 08:06 PM

• Joe Lyddon

09/26/2017 07:51 PM

Have you seen what the CEO of the Kansas City Chiefs did?
    ===============================================

KC Chiefs

MY KIND OF AN AMERICAN (Owner of the Kansas City Chiefs)

Clark Hunt, CEO and Owner of the Kansas City Chiefs

"You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage!
    I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!"
    ===========================================
    My thoughts Exactly!

• Rebecca Chandler

09/26/2017 07:50 PM

• Taw Bur

09/26/2017 07:49 PM

Totally agree with you Mr Huckabee!

• Katherine

09/26/2017 07:46 PM

• David E. Anderson

09/26/2017 07:29 PM

• Kat LaPlace

09/26/2017 07:27 PM

All For Freedom Of Speech!!

• Kathy Derusha

09/26/2017 07:16 PM

• Lori Richter

09/26/2017 07:07 PM

• Emer Yeager

09/26/2017 07:04 PM

• Joe Analco

09/26/2017 07:02 PM

"GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

• Carmen Rodriguez

09/26/2017 07:01 PM

I agree whole heartedly with me. Huckabee.

Truly we are living in that generation that calls evil Good, + Good, evil!
    What hypocracy!!
    What idiocy!
    What deception!

• Paula Fuqua

09/26/2017 06:59 PM

• Angie Rowell

09/26/2017 06:57 PM

• Patti Donovan

09/26/2017 06:47 PM

Wel said Gov. Huckabee. Exactly how a lot of us are thinking.

• June Lewsader

• Amy Burris

09/26/2017 06:06 PM

• Pauline Starnes

09/26/2017 06:06 PM

Cowboys stun fans and me

September 26, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Robert McGregor

• Kevin

09/26/2017 08:10 PM

• Amanda Roberts

09/26/2017 08:06 PM

• Joe Lyddon

09/26/2017 07:51 PM

Have you seen what the CEO of the Kansas City Chiefs did?
    ===============================================

KC Chiefs

MY KIND OF AN AMERICAN (Owner of the Kansas City Chiefs)

Clark Hunt, CEO and Owner of the Kansas City Chiefs

"You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage!
    I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!"
    ===========================================
    My thoughts Exactly!

• Rebecca Chandler

09/26/2017 07:50 PM

• Taw Bur

09/26/2017 07:49 PM

Totally agree with you Mr Huckabee!

• Katherine

09/26/2017 07:46 PM

• David E. Anderson

09/26/2017 07:29 PM

• Kat LaPlace

09/26/2017 07:27 PM

All For Freedom Of Speech!!

• Kathy Derusha

09/26/2017 07:16 PM

• Lori Richter

09/26/2017 07:07 PM

• Emer Yeager

09/26/2017 07:04 PM

• Joe Analco

09/26/2017 07:02 PM

"GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

• Carmen Rodriguez

09/26/2017 07:01 PM

I agree whole heartedly with me. Huckabee.

Truly we are living in that generation that calls evil Good, + Good, evil!
    What hypocracy!!
    What idiocy!
    What deception!

• Paula Fuqua

09/26/2017 06:59 PM

• Angie Rowell

09/26/2017 06:57 PM

• Patti Donovan

09/26/2017 06:47 PM

Wel said Gov. Huckabee. Exactly how a lot of us are thinking.

• June Lewsader