Message from Mike Huckabee

Help me fight back against Big Tech censorship. If you would like to subscribe to the daily, advertisement-free version of my newsletter for $5 monthly or $36 annually, on Substack, go here.

In Depth News Stories

October 25, 2021

Following George Stephanopoulos’ laughable attempt last weekend to resuscitate Christopher Steele, multiple investigative reporters came out last week to further discredit Steele’s work and to analyze what Special Counsel John Durham revealed in his “speaking indictment” of Clinton attorney Michael Sussmann.

The Sephanopoulos/Steele interview aired by ABC "News" was actually part of an hour-long “documentary” produced for HULU called “OUT OF THE SHADOWS: The Man Behind the Steele Dossier.” I’ll just tell you right now, we have not been able to bring ourselves to watch. I know my slogan is, “We read the news so you don’t have to,” but neither I nor my staff can stand the idea of sitting through it. Life is too short, and there is too much real, serious investigation to keep up with.

So we should thank California Rep. Devin Nunes, who headed the House Intelligence Committee during their investigation of “Crossfire Hurricane,” for making himself watch the whole blasted thing, which he calls “entirely fiction.” For “ABC News to put out something like that is just bizarre,” he said, quipping that ABC should move their headquarters to Fantasyland at its parent company’s Walt Disney World.

Nunes suspects the media don’t really still believe what Steele said about Trump is true, but that “there’s something more nefarious going on.” He said he has “no idea, you know, what’s behind this –- the timing, the release of this. That anybody would be defending Steele or those dossiers...at this point is an absolute joke.”

He has confidence that Durham is doing “a real investigation,” but he’s concerned that it might not continue, “because we know DOJ is completely politicized.”

So, will Durham be able to continue looking into the FBI’s investigation (“investigation”) of the Clinton Foundation? During AG Merrick Garland’s cringeworthy testimony before the House Judiciary Committee last Thursday, he avoided saying. As part of his larger investigation of the FBI’s “Crossfire Hurricane,” Durham has been looking into whether donors to the Clinton Foundation got special treatment from then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Garland was asked specifically if Durham would continue free of political influence, but he skirted that question. He did say that because budgetary provisions are public, we “would know if he weren’t continuing his work.” Hey, thanks, Mr. Attorney General!

John Solomon at JUST THE NEWS followed up in detail after the ABC interview, saying that Steele’s main source and even his friends undercut his claims of “professionalism.” Steele’s work was anything but.

Of course, we already knew that the FBI had had to terminate him as a “confidential human source” because he had leaked to the media. Some professionalism.

What’s especially interesting about this latest news from Solomon is that it sheds light on how much information came to Durham from the lawsuit filed against Steele by Alfa Bank, the financial institution wrongly implicated in that story of computer servers "pinging" between their offices and Trump Tower. (Alfa Bank prevailed in that lawsuit.) Steele’s own legal team gave statements in a London courtroom stressing that the dossier was not verified, that much of its information was not corroborated and that he suffered from “strong anti-Trump biases.”

“It is raw intelligence,” they said last year. “It is the basis for further investigation by the recipients. So to put the bar too high in terms of establishing accuracy at that stage would be quite wrong in principle.”

“We can say,” they also stated, “the critical consideration is that his confidential human intelligence was not factual evidence to be used in a personal or public report or in court or anything like that...It was raw intelligence to be passed on as part of a much bigger intelligence picture.”

Someone should have told that to then-CIA Director John Brennan, back when he was insisting the dossier be included in the intelligence agencies’ assessment of Trump’s so-called “Russia” connections. One wonders why he treated such an easily discredited piece of fiction as if it were the Dead Sea Scrolls.

And as for the “much bigger intelligence picture,” we know that, despite what Brennan has tried to claim, the dossier was the cornerstone for “Crossfire Hurricane.” The FBI would not have gotten the warrant to spy on Carter Page without it; in fact, they had been turned down for a similar warrant before.

Solomon’s commentary includes links to the pdf’s of relevant testimony from the Alfa Bank case. He’s got footnotes from our own intelligence community discrediting the dossier (Brennan obviously wasn’t listening). He’s even got pdf’s of the FBI’s notes from their interview with Steele’s primary sub-source, who called it “bar talk and gossip.”

Judicial Watch unearthed still more documents that undercut Steele. JW President Tom Fitton told JUST THE NEWS he was dismayed that ABC News would be lending credibility to the dossier now. “I was disappointed that ABC...gave him, you know, more time to spread this disinformation,” Fitton said. “...He’s been, in my view, thoroughly debunked by official and unofficial investigations, documents you’ve uncovered, we’ve uncovered, the IG has uncovered.”

Bruce Ohr at the Justice Department –- wife of Nellie Ohr who did research for Fusion GPS –- warned that it was unverified raw intelligence and that Steele seemed “desperate” to defeat Trump.

Even former National Security Council expert Fiona Hill –- remember her from Trump’s impeachment? –- who is the person who introduced Steele to his sub-source (thanks, Fiona!), dismissed the dossier as a “rabbit hole,” likely Russian disinformation mixed in with other information that might or night not have been true.

Solomon links to a pdf of a recently declassified FBI re-interview with Steele himself, along with business partner Christopher Burrows, acknowledging his anti-Trump bias in the fall of 2017. The FBI had to know good and well what they were dealing with.

Solomon links to much more –- he characterizes this as an “avalanche” –- that shows Steele and his work for exactly what they were. And yet when Steele sat down with Stephanopoulos, he admitted only that the dossier was not “100 percent” and defended it. It’s shameful that ABC “News” did this horrid piece of “journalism.”

As for Michael Sussmann, he’s not looking too impressive, either. Durham has filed an opposition to his motion for a bill of particulars, arguing that his 27-page “speaking indictment” more than adequately informs him of the charges he faces.

TechnoFog has deciphered Durham’s reply and thinks subpoenas will be going to the DNC, the Hillary Campaign/Hillary for America, Georgia Tech University and the team of cyber experts working on the Alfa Bank hoax, Fusion GPS, and “numerous companies” involved with “Tech Executive – 1,” identified as Rodney Jaffe.

This and much more leads him to think the perpetrators in the Alfa Bank hoax will be charged and that the investigation is much more expansive. He brings up CrowdStrike as well –- referencing, in fact, the article at REAL CLEAR INVESTIGATIONS by Aaron Mate that we brought you a few days ago. A close look at CrowdStrike would “strike” at the heart of what the DNC was up to with the Russia Hoax.

For more on this, here’s a colorful piece from John Solomon.

James Bond or Austin Powers? Inside the cloak and dagger caper to spread Russia collusion tale

• Cathy Urias

10/25/2021 08:47 PM

I think there’s an error in your article: “ Bruce Ohr at the Justice Department –- wife of Nellie Ohr”!

• Cindy Sherman

10/25/2021 07:19 PM

Im long done listening to anything fauchi has to say. Anyone who would hurt a puppy in any way should be locked up. I just cant imagine hurting any dog. As a dog mom of 6 very active dogs, Shetland Sheepdogs, they are my life. I've had every kind of dog and animal and this is just too much. fauchi I've probably spelled it wrong but he doesnt deserve his name spelled right. Has to go.

• joesph zachman

10/25/2021 06:36 PM

I don't think I was dreaming but I do believe I heard fauci say to Trump and the world that soon President Trump would be facing a pandemic like he has never seen before. (I know this comment was supposed to be about special counsel Durham but I cannot find any other way to get my question to you.

• Cindy Smith

10/25/2021 04:43 PM

Thank you for continuing to keep us updated on this story. I am pleased with Durham's progress and anticipate more discoveries into this discusting mess.

I have pulled back on checking the news as the majority of it is depressing, but I do read your take on the various items of interest.
      I thank the Good Lord for Rep. Devin Nunes. I live in N. California, but not in his district. That said I am extremely pleased with his work. I wish more Republican in Congress were as hard working and ethical, as well as willing to back their beliefs.
      THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK!!!!

• Patricia Rudolph

10/25/2021 04:16 PM

my comment is an interesting note that I wish that you and also "The Five" would talk about:
      why is it the government owns our bodies and requires the "jab", but the woman who wants to kill her baby, the government says that is ok? God created our bodies, the government does not own our bodies and we must answer to our creator in regard to the decisions.

• Linda Douglas

10/25/2021 04:01 PM

Dear Mike Huckabee, I like your show and emails. However, I do NOT like Fox (fake) News. I do not like all of your references to Fox News. They (Fox News) have shown me over and over that they are trying to be "woke" . I watched Fox for many years--NO MORE-. Please stop giving Fox News for your reference. I do NOT trust them. Please consider references to Newsmax-a much better news source. Thank you for reading my comments. I respect you and your wonderful daughter. Please know my comments are for you and not for public viewing. Sincerely, Linda Douglas

• Ron Besse

10/25/2021 03:58 PM

Since a large number of lame people watch MSM or in this case ABC it really doesn't matter what a joke of an interview this was. Chances are strong that he will go unpunished like most of the others involved with the Anti-Trump campaign before and after 2017.

• Floyd A Unger

10/25/2021 03:07 PM

Well we must not give up

• Dobbin Callahan

10/25/2021 02:46 PM

Governor, I am a fan. of your newsletters and your program, but I am very disappointed in your hyperbolic and incomplete message about dogs being used in laboratory experiments. I do not know all of the details, but neither do you, and you always say that you won't pile on until you know all of the facts. Instead, you have given in to exactly the same sensationalism that you criticize. While I do not know the details of this story, I do know two things. One, many Americans are alive and well today who would be miserably ill or dead if it were not for the advances in medicine made possible by laboratory animal testing. You have benefited from this research. Two. all American research facilities have to scrupulously follow international protocols for the most humane possible treatment of these animals. I don't know specifically about the protocols followed at this facility, but again, neither do you.
      If it were not for laboratory animals, we would not have COVID vaccines yet, and perhaps millions of people would die. If your message, and others like it, impact laboratory animal testing, life giving treatments will not be developed and people will die. Do you want that on your conscious?
      Sir, you are usually a voice of sanity in the face of hysteria and misinformation. It disappoints and saddens me that you have chosen to jump into the swamp with the rest of the media on this issue.
      Yours, for now
      Dobbin Callahan

• Laura Osborne

10/25/2021 02:34 PM

Gov. Huckabee: Please help! I had just sat down in my chair this morning when the first report I had heard about the funding by NIH under Dr. Fauci that, to me, was nothing more than cruelty to defenseless animals came on the TV - I looked up at the screen before I really had any idea what I was hearing, and now I cannot "un-see" what I saw! I am completely horrified and have felt physically ill all day! How do I compartmentalize this because I have to battle tears every time this comes to mind today! SOMEONE MUST be held accountable for this!

News Feed

McConnell will step down as Senate Republican Leader in November

Mitch McConnell announced Wednesday that he will step down as Senate Republican Leader in November. He is the longest-serving party leader in US history. He did not say if this has anything to do with the criticism he’s received from conservatives or with his recent health issues that caused him to freeze up in mid-sentence a time or two. But while he will no longer be the GOP leader, he intends to continue serving in the Senate at least through the end of his current term in January 2027.

And here’s a surprise: Robert Kennedy Jr. suggested that McConnell be replaced by Sen. Rand Paul. RFK Jr. tweeted, “It’s time to promote leaders in Washington, DC, who won’t kowtow to the military contractors or push us deeper into foreign conflicts. We need representation who will prioritize American wellness over all else. I believe Rand Paul would be an incredible successor. He’s shown great judgment and has the grit to put hardworking Americans first.”

-12:49 PM, 2/29/2024

Justice?

- 8:38 AM, 2/29/2024

Get Out

Law Professor William A. Jacobson of the Legal Insurrection blog has been watching the politicized lawfare against Trump and conservative businesses and organizations in New York, and the unprofessional threats and ugly gloating by Attorney General Letitia James about how she’s going to destroy Trump. He analyzed the situation in light of assurances by Gov. Hochul that if your business isn’t doing anything wrong, you have nothing to fear. And he arrived at this conclusion:

“Get out of New York, if you can.” And if you can’t leave now, “Develop an exit plan before you need it.

6:02 AM, 2/29/24

Pray for the Panhandle

Please join me in prayers today for those in the path of the huge wildfires in the Texas Panhandle and neighboring Oklahoma. There are five wildfires that are causing school closures and evacuations, including the evacuation of a nuclear power plant. The largest of them, the Smokehouse Creek Fire, covers 800 square miles and is now the second-largest wildfire in state history.

This is a link to live updates on the fires from the Weather Channel.

- 12:48 PM, 2/28/2024

No test?!?

The White House announced Wednesday that President Biden is making an unannounced trip to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for his yearly physical exam…which will NOT include a cognitive test. Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre dismissed questions about a cognitive test, saying Biden proves his cognitive abilities "every day [in] how he operates and how he thinks."  I’m confused, is that an argument for or against a cognitive test?

-10:16 AM, 2/28/2024

Talk about a delicious irony

One of the strongest arguments for overturning the ruinously large fine on Trump in his New York real estate fraud case is the Eighth Amendment protection against excessive fines. The Supreme Court ruled 9-0 in 2019 that that protection does apply to state courts. And one of the strongest arguments for Trump to cite came from liberal icon Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who said:

“The prohibition embodied in the Excessive Fines Clause carries forward protections found in sources from Magna Carta to the English Bill of Rights to state constitutions from the colonial era to the present day. Protection against excessive fines has been a constant shield throughout Anglo-American history for good reason: Such fines undermine other liberties. They can be used, e.g., to retaliate against or chill the speech of political enemies.”

I might not have agreed with many of her rulings, but judging from this, there’s no doubt she was psychic.

- 9:51 AM, 2/28/2024

Public Service Announcement

Public service announcement to anyone thinking of donating to Harvard or sending their kids there: The co-chair of Harvard’s anti-Semitism task force resigned Monday because she has no confidence that Harvard will implement any of the task force’s recommendations to stop Jew hatred on campus.

Related: Stephen Kruiser at PJ Media has a news round-up illustrating how bedbug crazy these pro-Palestine dingbats are and how they “have more vocal cords than brains,” from calling Jerry Seinfeld a “genocide supporter” to literally setting themselves on fire.

Private School For Me, But Not For Thee

Two Democrat Governors, Roy Cooper (North Carolina) and Andy Beshear (Kentucky), co-wrote an op-ed for USA Today condemning Republican attempts to give low-income parents vouchers to send their kids to the schools of their choice. They painted this as a racist conspiracy to loot the budgets of our precious public school system and set our schools back for a generation (as if the COVID lockdowns and the focus on woke politics and LGBTQ activism hadn't already set public school students back a generation.)

One problem: Both Democrat Governors send their own kids to elite private schools. But that’s okay because, hey, they can afford it.

The Best People

President Trump was roundly condemned as a racist and a xenophobe for saying of illegal immigration that other countries were not sending us their best people. So just to clarify, here’s an example of one of those best people that Joe Biden let in.