Grounds for insanity

November 13, 2017 |

Judge Roy Moore went on Sean Hannity’s radio show, where he adamantly denied ever knowing the woman who made the charge against him and denounced it as a false partisan hit job.

However, some of Moore’s defenders felt he made a mistake in agreeing to the interview because his lawyerly claim that he “generally” didn’t date teenagers in his 30s damaged his credibility. Hannity got praise even from his usual critics for his tough line of questioning.

However this eventually shakes out, it’s always a bad idea for commercial enterprises to take political stands. The coffee maker company Keurig pulled its ads from Sean Hannity’s show because he interviewed Roy Moore. Keurig’s actions inspired Moore supporters to post videos of them smashing their Keurig coffee makers.

What’s the upshot? Keurig lost a lot of customers for seemingly attacking due process and the practice of journalism, while thousands of Republicans now need to buy new coffeemakers. This is why mixing politics with business is generally considered grounds for insanity.

• Geraldine F Habitz

11/13/2017 12:57 PM

Sometimes I think I have lost my mind. I have to eliminate cable news from my life or I WOULD lose my mind. I have CBC to listen to even though their news is somewhat disturbing. I have just one source for a true transfusion of truth........thank you, Huck, thank you.

• Geraldine F Habitz

11/13/2017 12:47 PM

I have to put my two cents in. There doesn't have to be any truth or sense to what the left/liberal/socialist/democrats say or aver. They are determined to take down every Conservative, no matter what station in life, one by one, by lie, innuendo, or any other means. I am appalled that there are people who call themselves Americans but have become anything BUT American. Socialists/Communists have been alive and well and very, very active in America because of the plethora of freedoms we live under. Maybe the McCarthy hearings were not a bad idea. These subversives have such a hold now that America may never be the same. They have no conscience, no morals, no decency. no concern for democracy.........they want to make slaves of the very minorities they profess to be helping, and how is it possible to enlighten those people who refuse to be educated and skilled to earn the "good" lives they demand when the government shores up their lazy lives generation after generation and perpetuates the very poverty they protest against? Ignorance in America is at an all-time high, coupled with anger and violence as their only voice. Detroiters call Betsy deVos a "brain full of rocks." Not long ago, Detroit closed down 55 schools that are now crumbling and decayed. In 2012, a dozen or more school principles were indicted for fraud and embezzlement of school funds from the government. Warehouses full of textbooks were found and other school supplies still in unopened cartons. Some of the officials received only a few months of prison time. This is how they care about their children. They hang out on the streets of downtown Detroit, they sell drugs, they burglarize decent peoples' homes in the suburbs. No, not all the black kids. The subject of education is something Betsy deVos vowed to fix.......but the blacks don't want anyone sticking noses into their affairs. Is it too late to fix education for the kids who WANT it? I get livid over education; it should not be channeled out of Washington, D.C., and school textbooks should not be written, exclusively. by Liberals in Texas where every semblance of patriotism. God, and the true history of our country has been erased. I loathe ignorance and laziness......but I keep praying that we can turn it around. Black people want power, recognition, dominance, acceptance, and they intend to get it all by force. Americans have turned into meek, apathetic, scared creatures who hide their heads in the sand while a runaway government holds the power. There will never be equality while ignorance runs amok.

• norma blatz

11/13/2017 12:40 PM

Thank you for your common sense commentary always admired your honest view point and sense of humor -- happy that it got passed on to your daughter!

• Dietrich Wichmann

11/13/2017 12:38 PM

Let's not forget the fact that Christ prepared his disciples for the grim reality that they, for his sake, would become victims of slander.
    "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake." Matt 5:11

• J F. Johnston

11/13/2017 12:34 PM

It would be interesting to see the company's tax summary with itemized deductions.

• Toni Rose

11/13/2017 12:29 PM

"Grounds" for insanity. I see what you did there....

• Megan Harpring

11/13/2017 12:23 PM

Simply put-I don't understand what is going on in my world and I'm very sad... Thank you, gov Huckabee for always giving your wise council with just the facts

• Dixie Johnston

11/13/2017 12:18 PM

Thanks for what u do... as far as the football players, all the money they make, they should respect their country an men an women who fight for our nation. It's called respect, which we as a nation have lost.

I don't listen too the news media, incorrect information, their personal views are given . I wish I could get u on TBN, working on it.
    Keep up the great work for GOD an nation.. GOD BLESS.

• Dixie Johnston

11/13/2017 12:18 PM

Keep up the great work for GOD an nation.. GOD BLESS.

• Mary Ann Jachna

11/13/2017 12:16 PM

Politics itself is grounds for an insanity diagnosis.!

• Donna pope

11/13/2017 12:09 PM

Always appreciate your comments and agree with you. Wish the media would wake up and be honest.

• Mary Koestner

11/13/2017 12:08 PM

Much of this suspiciously gathered and gathered fake news lying gotcha non story is falling apart. I am praying for Judge Moore and hoping that this lie, an obviously manufactured non story, will fall to pieces, the wa po reporter, and I use that term loosely, exposed along with the so called victims, and all of them made to account for their intentional slander of this good man. I am appalled at the readiness of republicans, those in office and we, the ordinary ones, were so quick to rush to judgment and demand the Judge step aside! I am ashamed and disappointed in them all, and those in my circle have heard from me about it.

• Sally Caro

11/13/2017 12:05 PM

I am suspect of both democrats and republicans in this smear campaign against Roy Moore. Neither party wants him to be elected and sadly I just don't trust much of anyone any more. Roy Moore has not been proven to be guilty of anything, unlike many who have gone before him and still served in some capacity. He has denied these claims. Enough said!

• becky

11/13/2017 11:56 AM

coffee maker made a mistake......Hannity will win!

• Thomas Cleveland

11/13/2017 11:55 AM

Why after 40 years is this coming up, I do not understand? If Moore did in fact do this why wait till now?
    I truly hope he did not and will stand with him until proven guilty. It is Innocent til proven guilty is it not?

• Joe Analco

11/13/2017 11:54 AM

The social media of hate has found that lies is the ideal weapon of destruction to our democracy. Like a virus, the lies will multiply as it enters a human host. It will continue to effect others if goes unchecked and can only be treated with the word of Truth. The inoculation of Truth must start now for America survive.
    Remember: A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes. Author: Charles Spurgeon

• Phil Stocks

11/13/2017 11:53 AM

I truly believe this is a sleezey left wing attempt to totally discredit Roy Moore.
    Roy Moore who has patriotically served Alabamans for decades.
    Even if you self righteously believe these accusations are true:
    Let me remind you.
    John 8:7King James Version (KJV)
    7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

• W Ann White

11/13/2017 11:52 AM

Assuming guilt prior to legal trial is not the American way. Keurig made a big mistake here. So many women are jumping on the money or publicity or in this case political and money wagon here. These cases that are 30 to 40 years old... all of a sudden when these women or politically biased women see the money and publicity immediately decide they need money for something that they are saying happened so long ago want to get financial reward due to emotional harm caused...?... Sure took them a long time to realize they were emotionally damaged ( if what they are saying is true). These cases that so many are false harms women and young girls that have actually been harmed as with so many of these old claims being false that individuals begin to doubt women that were actually harmed.

• Justine Votaw

11/13/2017 11:52 AM

I hope that voters and supporters of Judge Moore will see through this scam. Praying that he wins the election. Thanks to Hannity for standing up. Thank God I have a Kitchen Aid coffeemaker.

• Ramona Howard

11/13/2017 11:47 AM

I really don't know Mr. Moore or anything about him except what I have read or seen on the media, but it certainly does sound like a hatchet job by the democrats trying to get rid of him. Too many people are accepting the allegations as the truth before even trying to find out the truth and no person should be considered guilty before knowing the whole truth and checking it out. Maybe saying that he "generally" didn't date teenagers when he was 30 was not a wise statement to make, but I've known men that might date an 18 or 19 year old when they were 30, which doesn't seem all that bad. My best friend married a guy that was 29 when she was 19 and they are still together. That doesn't mean that Mr. Moore is a "dirty old man." His critics need to wait to see if the allegations are true before casting stones.

• Chris Brewer

11/13/2017 11:46 AM

Keep up the good work Mike and dumb fks in business should learn not to mix business with politics stupidity

• Lila Jane Tibbitts

11/13/2017 11:35 AM

He has not been proven guilty; until that time I will stand with him, we are still supposed to be living via the Constitution I think???????

• Cindy Taylor

11/13/2017 11:35 AM

This is crazy. The man has been accused of something and is assumed guilty with no proof. There has been no due process. It is very suspicious that this accuser has come forward after 30+ years, right before the election. I have no dog in this fight but the way this man is being treated is un-American.

• Leigh Crane-Freeman

11/13/2017 11:33 AM

Yes, I watched this interview carefully, and I too thought the word "generally" was a bit unsettling BUT, when Moore was asked specifically about the young woman and women in question he emphatically answered "No." He unequivocally denied the charges. My point, these two issues are not related to the one charge. Moore is not under the gun about whether or not he ever went out with younger women. He IS being criticized for sexual misconduct for the women in question, which he definitively denied.

• Steven Doyle

11/13/2017 11:30 AM

When you were running in 2007 I donated to your campaign having met you in Exeter, NH at the Tavern Restaurant. I still remember your view of health care, it would have been a far better solution than the Affordable Care Act a/k/a Obamacare. I believe that Roy Moore is a God fearing man and as such I take him at his word. I believe the DC circuit to be filled with liars, lawyers, and lobbyists that are never to be trusted based on their performance since 2006 when the House and Senate were controlled by the Democrats. I pray that Roy Moore is the new Senator from Alabama.

• Phyllis Sinoradzki

11/13/2017 11:23 AM

I will no longer purchase Keurig products. Sean Hannity is spot on. Why take away ads because he interviewed Judge Moore? What has that got to do with Keurig? All baloney. Stop picking apart things and being politically correct! Why doesn't Keurig demand Hillary Clinton go to jail for the crimes she committed??? Remember BENGAZI!!!

• Jim Dick

11/13/2017 11:23 AM

Mr. Huckabee,
    I read your newsletter every day and appreciate your continued speaking out.
    Jim

• Steven Interest

11/13/2017 11:18 AM

Moore did sound wishy washy with a couple of his answers to Hannity. His "generally" answer and the one about "if I did" should never have passed his lips.
    His opponent is a partial birth abortion supporter, believes in open borders, and wants full amnesty.

If Jones were a conservative democrat, Moore would be in a corner. As it is, I see him pulling this out.

• Amelia Little

11/13/2017 11:14 AM

That is stupid. Why would people get upset about his interview? Especially since he was pretty hard hitting, and Moore's answers were hedging at the least. One would think even anti-Moore, anti-Trump, anti-anything conservative folks would appreciate hearing his answers to questions. And, not namby-pamby soft questions. Maybe the blond guy with the tickling leg or maddow are jealous that they couldn't bag the interview? And, Hannity hasn't sided with Moore, he's just for trying to get at the truth. Perhaps some of the left are afraid of the truth, if it would turn out this is just a smear campaign? One would think that, if it is true, they would rejoice that the truth came out. And, one of my first thoughts about the accusations frankly was, is this something that is true, or is it like the Russian collusion thing (still no evidence) or like the lesbian gal who reported hate mail--to find out she sent it to herself. Or the kid whose car had racists graffiti on Halloween--to find out he did it himself. Just a couple of examples of why one would like to get some actual facts before deciding a story is true.

• Daniel Suarez

11/13/2017 11:11 AM

That “lawyerly” answer didn’t help him with me. It’s interesting that it was Hannity who put him in trouble. Just recently Hannity himself was accused of sexual harassment and he could not have been more forceful in denying the allegations and surely enough, they were quickly withdrawn. While I think Moore is entitled to due process, he should’ve been just as forceful in his denial and leave no doubt in the minds of open minded people like me.

• Al Masters

11/13/2017 11:09 AM

Knowing how the liberal ideologues think and the thuggery introduced into politics by the Clintons And Obamas the allegations against Mr. Moore might very well be fabricated and false. This being to force him to resign.

• Jeanne Mills

11/13/2017 11:05 AM

Remarks Moore has made in the past, along with the latest accusations, make him a stain on the Republican party.

• Marilynn Hoyt

11/13/2017 11:00 AM

Gov Huckabee. It appeared to me from what I saw that 5 companies bowed down to one single person who claims to be real news, while actually expousing lies to them. I could be wrong, but he is claiming credit over his Twitter post to these companies. When will these companies understand while very loud, far left liberals are not that large in numbers.
    Also, about the NFL, why would we go back to watching? Just because many of these multimillion dollar players have maybe realized what they are doing, some are still kneeling and I don't believe a single one really understands and is sorry. I hope they go under, if for no other reason then the owners and the idiot running the NFL have shown disrespect and disdane for the American People.

• Bob Shillingstad

11/13/2017 10:59 AM

Mike, they are coming for the Christians. You, your daughter and other candidates facing the same. Seeing the boycotts, media piling on and Democrats wailing is expected. The establishment republicans carrying on with their attacks is sickening.
    Mitt Romney says innocent until proven guilty is for criminal trials, "not elections". How bad is that.
    We sent a donation to Moore's campaign. I would invite others to do the same.

• Paula Moyer

11/13/2017 10:58 AM

I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your daughter. She’s so intelligent, quick thinking, and a true role model for girls!! Great mother, wife, and employee!! I rarely watch TV because there’s no honesty, but I Check her work online! ??

• Joyce Caperilla

11/13/2017 10:52 AM

I don't think that Judge Moore is guilty of dating a 14 year old. If he did, I'm sure he didn't know she was 14. So many times a young girl lies about her age. I know I did at that with an older person. I hope this get resolved soon and I am praying for the media to stop being so biased against our president. Thank you Governor for writing to me.

Grounds for insanity

November 13, 2017 |

• Geraldine F Habitz

11/13/2017 12:57 PM

• Geraldine F Habitz

11/13/2017 12:47 PM

• norma blatz

11/13/2017 12:40 PM

• Dietrich Wichmann

11/13/2017 12:38 PM

• J F. Johnston

11/13/2017 12:34 PM

• Toni Rose

11/13/2017 12:29 PM

"Grounds" for insanity. I see what you did there....

• Megan Harpring

11/13/2017 12:23 PM

• Dixie Johnston

11/13/2017 12:18 PM

Keep up the great work for GOD an nation.. GOD BLESS.

• Dixie Johnston

11/13/2017 12:18 PM

Keep up the great work for GOD an nation.. GOD BLESS.

• Mary Ann Jachna

11/13/2017 12:16 PM

Politics itself is grounds for an insanity diagnosis.!

• Donna pope

11/13/2017 12:09 PM

• Mary Koestner

11/13/2017 12:08 PM

• Sally Caro

11/13/2017 12:05 PM

• becky

11/13/2017 11:56 AM

coffee maker made a mistake......Hannity will win!

• Thomas Cleveland

11/13/2017 11:55 AM

• Joe Analco

11/13/2017 11:54 AM

• Phil Stocks

11/13/2017 11:53 AM

Roy Moore who has patriotically served Alabamans for decades.
    Even if you self righteously believe these accusations are true:
    Let me remind you.
    John 8:7King James Version (KJV)

• W Ann White

11/13/2017 11:30 AM

• Phyllis Sinoradzki

11/13/2017 11:23 AM

• Jim Dick

11/13/2017 11:23 AM

Mr. Huckabee,
    I read your newsletter every day and appreciate your continued speaking out.
    Jim

• Jeanne Mills

11/13/2017 11:05 AM

• Marilynn Hoyt

11/13/2017 11:00 AM

• Bob Shillingstad

11/13/2017 10:59 AM

We sent a donation to Moore's campaign. I would invite others to do the same.

• Paula Moyer

• Dietrich Wichmann

11/13/2017 12:38 PM

• J F. Johnston

11/13/2017 12:34 PM

• Toni Rose

11/13/2017 12:29 PM

"Grounds" for insanity. I see what you did there....

• Megan Harpring

11/13/2017 12:23 PM

• Dixie Johnston

11/13/2017 12:18 PM

Keep up the great work for GOD an nation.. GOD BLESS.

• Dixie Johnston

11/13/2017 12:18 PM

Keep up the great work for GOD an nation.. GOD BLESS.

• Mary Ann Jachna

11/13/2017 12:16 PM

Politics itself is grounds for an insanity diagnosis.!

• Donna pope

11/13/2017 12:09 PM

• Mary Koestner

11/13/2017 12:08 PM

• Sally Caro

11/13/2017 12:05 PM

• becky

11/13/2017 11:56 AM

coffee maker made a mistake......Hannity will win!

• Thomas Cleveland

11/13/2017 11:55 AM

• Joe Analco

11/13/2017 11:54 AM

• Phil Stocks

11/13/2017 11:53 AM

Roy Moore who has patriotically served Alabamans for decades.
    Even if you self righteously believe these accusations are true:
    Let me remind you.
    John 8:7King James Version (KJV)

• W Ann White

11/13/2017 11:30 AM

• Phyllis Sinoradzki

11/13/2017 11:23 AM

• Jim Dick

11/13/2017 11:23 AM

Mr. Huckabee,
    I read your newsletter every day and appreciate your continued speaking out.
    Jim

• Jeanne Mills

11/13/2017 11:05 AM

• Marilynn Hoyt

11/13/2017 11:00 AM

• Bob Shillingstad

11/13/2017 10:59 AM

We sent a donation to Moore's campaign. I would invite others to do the same.

• Paula Moyer