Thousands have written me saying they’re not watching the impeachment trial or are seeing it as little as possible to avoid getting physically ill.

Copy that!  Many have also said they’re avoiding most media and are trusting my commentary to fill them in.  We’re doing our best to live up to that expectation.  If you didn’t see much of Thursday’s proceedings, a lot of time was devoted to trashing the idea that the Biden/Ukraine corruption was real.  They used the same words over and over:  “debunked,” “discredited,” “baseless.”

The same tactic was used earlier in Schiff’s House impeachment report.  As Eric Felton says in RealClear Investigations, “The Democratic case against Trump detailed in the much more extensive House impeachment report shows how language can be used to compensate for shortcomings in the evidence.”

He goes on:  “A careful reading of the report shows that its authors --- not unlike those who wrote the Mueller report to suggest guilt they couldn’t prove --- are convinced that thin allegations can be bulked up if repeated often enough.”

And that’s just what happened on the Senate floor on Thursday.  Remember when John Kerry was running for President, and his fellow Vietnam swift boaters had some seriously unflattering things to say?  News stories kept referring to them as “the discredited swift boaters.”  We never saw the words “swift boaters” without the word “discredited” in front of them.  Nobody explained how the swift boaters had BEEN discredited.  And they hadn’t been.

That’s what’s happening now with stories about Ukraine, election interference and corruption involving the Bidens.  Felton’s must-read article explains what House Democrats have been doing:  “The repetitions that stand out in the House report are the adjectives that dismiss the President’s defense before that defense is made.  Assertions or questions involving Ukraine made by Trump or his attorney Rudy Giuliani are typically prefaced with the words ‘debunked’ or ‘discredited,’ and usually followed by the characterization ‘conspiracy theory.’  ‘Debunked’ appears 22 times in the report; ‘discredited’ 15 times; ‘baseless’ 16 times and ‘conspiracy’ 56 times.  A few of those are used by Republicans --- Giuliani is quoted as saying the impeachment inquiry is ‘baseless’ --- but the vast majority are by Democrats seeking to dismiss Trump’s claims.”

It’s easy to SAY Republicans’ claims have been “debunked.”  But the report doesn’t debunk them.  House managers believe if they just say “debunked” enough, people will think that.  And that’s what they tried on Thursday.

Ironically, Felton does a great job of “discrediting” THEM.  Read this, and the next time you see the words “debunked,” “discredited” or “baseless,” you’ll think twice.  As everyone should.  Personally, I’m tired of having my intelligence insulted, and I know you are, too.

The focus of Laura Ingraham’s Thursday show coordinated well with this theme.  She pointed out that most of the media are doing a terrible job of fact-checking.  She noted a story form the DAILY CALLER headlined, “CNN Only Fact Checks Republicans On First Day of Senate Impeachment Trial.”  No surprise there; Democrats get to say whatever they want.  Schiff was even leveling new charges against Trump, unchallenged, bringing up new, unauthenticated items that hadn’t even been included in the Articles of Impeachment and including them in Trump’s ever-evolving plot to win in 2020.  He attributed corrupt motives to Attorney General William Barr, with no evidence whatsoever.  Of course, he and the others continued playing mind-reader with the President as well, attributing corrupt motives to him with nothing to back that up.  Conjecture and false rhetoric are NOT evidence.

House managers used another false premise to slam President Trump:  that he is supposed to follow established “U.S. policy” in his dealings with foreign governments.  It’s assumed he’s supposed to do things the way the bureaucrats want him to.  (That was made clear during House testimony from the U.S. diplomat corps in Ukraine.)  And today, House managers actually defended Joe Biden’s involvement in the removal of a prosecutor in Ukraine (the one who happened to be investigating Burisma, where his son Hunter was on the board), saying he did go through “official channels.”  Unbelievable.

As Jim Jordan said on the Ingraham show, the facts are on the President’s side, while Schiff has lied over and over.  To cite just one lie, Schiff said there was nothing wrong with the FISA process.  Now, in HUGE breaking news (more on this later), the FISA court is saying the last two renewals of the warrant application to spy on Carter Page were illegal --- “not valid.”  About doggone time.  Decisions on the original FISA application and first renewal are pending.

House impeachment manager Hakeem Jeffries said on the Senate floor that the transcript of that phone call contains “damning evidence of a corrupt quid pro quo...hiding in plain sight.”  Mr. Jeffries, you could peer at that transcript through an electron microscope, and there would be no visible evidence of wrongdoing.  The evidence you see “in plain sight” is in your own mind, because the release of the money was NEVER tied to an investigation of Burisma and the Bidens.  But Jeffries gets to say it, anyway, on the Senate floor, along with anything else he wants.

Wow, here’s another stunner by the House managers, this by Jerrold Nadler:  “All of the legal experts who testified before the House Judiciary Committee...agreed that the conduct we have charged constitutes ‘high crimes and misdemeanors.’”  What??  He apparently means the wild charges they leveled over and over without evidence, such as that he “cheated” in 2016.

To anyone thinking the Ukrainian effort to hurt Trump and help Hillary is a discredited conspiracy theory, here’s a huge, developing story that shows otherwise.  POLITICO had a story about this in January of 2017, written by Kenneth Vogel and David Stern (link below), but since then, new emails from last year have come to light that discuss a January 2016 meeting between Obama officials and Ukrainian prosecutors concerning how the efforts to fight corruption in Ukraine might run up against Hunter Biden’s ties to Burisma.  As Ingraham reported, the people who arrived for that meeting were checked in by none other than...the person who had set up the meeting...the future “whistleblower,” Eric Ciaramella!

Ken Vogel reportedly started working on a report about the 2016 meeting but for some reason decided not to pursue it.  In a new development, though, it was discovered that one of the attendees, Andriy Telizhenko, a political officer in the Ukrainian embassy, was specifically mentioned in the 2017 POLITICO report about Ukrainian officials who were trying to undermine Trump’s presidential campaign.  They reported that Telizhenko helped DNC operative Alexandra Chalupa by trying to find connections between Trump, Paul Manafort and Russia.

So when someone tells you that the idea of Ukraine trying to help Hillary and/or damage Trump in the 2016 election has been “debunked” or “discredited,” or that it is “baseless,” don’t believe it.  I’m sure Trump’s legal team will have plenty to say about this, and much more of great interest, when they take the floor --- and THAT’S when we all need to tune in.

• charles parkhurst

02/10/2020 08:17 AM

I don't understand why the schiff, nadler pelosi andtherest of those liars haven' t been charged with lying to congress, obstructing congress and the president, interfering with foreign policy, slander, and libel . Normal citizens would be charged for these crimes and more!

• Debra Brown

01/31/2020 08:08 AM

Well, I took a chance and watched the first couple of days of the testimonies of their evidence against President Trump and it was just what I thought it would be. Just like the Russian collusion! All of the testimony from the witnesses said there was not a problem but yet all the democrats turned it around saying there was. Are they crazy? They bring a first hand witness on the call from Ukraine and he says there was no holding back of money and he did not receive a quick pro quo. They accuse him of all the things they are guilty of themselves! Whatever they start screaming Trump is guilty of, someone should check it out because somewhere they are doing it themselves and that is how they dream up the stuff that they do.
    How can they get away with that? They lie and lie some more and then some more after that and not one democrats will say that is not correct! We are truly coming to the warning in the bible that says there will be much lawlessness in the last days (as well as all the other warnings)! I seriously hope that the republicans can try to send a message to our young adults in colleges so they will be more aware of what is going on politically! I am so glad to let off a little steam! Thanks!

• Mary Jo McCauley

01/30/2020 03:38 PM

Gov. Huckabee,
    Thank you for your great newsletters. I am like many of the other subscribers; I cannot watch any of the impeachment live without getting nauseous. I love the humor in these articles. I look forward to getting these in my email. Keep up the good work.

• saundra Deeley

01/30/2020 03:35 PM

Shifty can't tell the truth, if his lips are moving he is lying!

• Marilyn DeMarco

01/28/2020 10:20 PM

I watched all the republican defense which I found to be very good. I am quite upset we have a few rogue Republicans voting to hear testimony of witnesses. I just couldn’t even look at Sniff, Pelosi, and Nadler or any of the rest of the managers they made me literally ill! I cannot believe this can happen in this country to a president that has done only good for this country. I don’t know what we can do if he should be removed but I know I don’t want to live in this country anymore if he does. It really is time for a revolution, I am ready! Or just divide this country into two countries and let President Trump lead ours and see who does the better job? I am sick to my stomach with these so called leaders who only have one agenda and that is to remove our President so they can win in 2020. I will never vote for a democratic president ever! Pray, pray and pray for God’s justice since we aren’t getting it in this country. The government is too big and too powerful and the people have no say so anymore, I don’t trust the voting process, they let illegals and criminals vote now because they can’t get the votes any other way, what a travesty! I don’t recognize this country anymore! I am discouraged beyond belief. I am ashamed of Romney, and the two ladies who are so weak and unsupportive of our president, the truth and the law. they should be ashamed!

• George Reynolds

01/25/2020 09:56 PM

I watched a video of 20 minutes of Adam Schiff's address on the Senate floor, and it sounded to me that he was trying to establish doubt that a legal election could be had in 2020. In other words, he is setting the stage for ANOTHER round of impeachment garbage for President Trump's next administration!

• Dawn Street

01/25/2020 03:34 PM

I watched parts of the DemonRat portion of producing the evidence for impeachment. I can't say it was riveting. I would watch for a short time, go to something else or do something around the house and then come back to the same old rhetoric. I couldn't see how they could talk for 23 hours and say nothing that amounted to anything. It was the same old stale points they have been trying to make forever.

I watched all 3 hours of the Trump Dream Team this morning and it was riveting. Impressive fact finding and presentation. Instead of the feelings and mind reading of the DemonRats they had facts, a paper trail. You know the job is never done until the paperwork is done. They had done their homework.

Then I watched Schumer and 3 really beaten DemonRats talk about how the Trump Team really made the case for the DemonRats demand for new witnesses. Are the DemonRats getting paid by the hour? Is that why they want to keep beating their dead horse/jackass? Pathetic. I hope the Republican Senators are able to see through their subterfuge. I will say they learned their Marxist lesson well. Tell the lie long enough and people will believe it.

Praying for discernment for the Senators/jury and for Chief Justice Roberts. But we know that the DemonRats are not going to stop going with their coup d'etat or their unending nauseous whining and lying. Praying for Donald Trump to be re-elected.

But are you watching Virginia. The Blackface Governor working with Michael Bloomberg has taken away our 2nd Amendment and is trying to take away the First Amendment as well. Next will be our votes. Seriously. He wants to do away with the Electoral College. Rural areas will lose their votes.

• Vernon Hinz

01/25/2020 12:41 PM

Everything you have talked bout here is exactly the reason why I don't watch their BS. I turn on Fox news when I do want to get an update then I turn to something else. There is one thing I did here on Fox yesterday, (they showed a clip of Schiff and a remark he made) He said the American people can not be trusted to make the right choice in electing the president, that choice should be up to the House. Isn't that what dictators do? Isn't that what Monarchs do? That is a part of socialism . Now you see this popping up as a talking point for Democrats . Bad stuff.

• Lou Zachman

01/25/2020 10:44 AM

This has nothing to do with the impeachment mess but I need an answer from you, someone I trust for the truth. I am 72 and collect social security and am covered (a bit anyway) by Medicare. keep reading where these have been labeled "entitlements" They most assuredly are NOT. I paid for this SSA and Medicare with MY money. I am still making Medicare payments each month. How is the heck is this ENTITLEMENT ??? SSI and Medicaid Yes! they are entitlements. Those receiving the checks and health care through SSI and Medicaid have not paid a dime for the services. Am I wrong with these facts?? If I am, please enlighten me. Thank You

• Alice I Claar

01/25/2020 10:13 AM

All these People need Jesus real bad.

• Joan Spicer

01/25/2020 09:51 AM

What nobody seems to question or Address is WHY do the Dems request IMMUNITY from Prosecution in this fiasco? Prosecution for which of Their Crimes?
    We are to Railroad the President of the Untied States on heresay and their whim to get him out of the running at any cost to the People and the Country. But they are requesting IMMUNITY?
    That means they’re hiding their own Criminality!
    I’ve seen the News Article exposing Schiff as killing a young black boy who was raped in his Hotel Room. The only witness down the hall saw the clean-up crew removing the evidence, who was killed a few months later.
    Then there’s the Article showing Schiff is Party to a Sex Operation that Bill Clinton has referred to in his book, and many Democrats in the House have received heavy donations from the owner of that operation. That’s just the tip of the Iceberg.
    So WHY in Hades are these people qualified to stand in judgement of our duly elected President who has bent over backward to make our country strong and our people safe again!
    I remember not being ok to say Merry Christmas. Nothing a person said was acceptable. Without fear of reprisals! We can speak freely now.
    But WAIT! Virginia wants to pass into law that it’s a Criminal Offense to talk bad about an Elected Official. What!
    But they can call the President all kinds of terrible names and make false accusations.
    Schiff lies to the House and the country by making up that FAKE phone call. That should get him in handcuffs.
    Please forward this concern to whoever can stop this ??

• Vickie Fiorentino

01/25/2020 09:21 AM

thanks for the update...hate that you all have to watch these proceedings for us; we appreciate you taking in the gut wrenching junk for us!

• Melinda Long

01/25/2020 09:01 AM

Great article..have shared on my FB page for all my friends. Ipray on this next step of impeachment the Republicans smear the democrats with TRUTHS and not lies

• Ellen Klapperich

01/25/2020 08:13 AM

I thank you for taking the nauseating dive into this cesspool titled impeachment so I don't have to. May the Democrats drown in their own Schiff as I'm sure they will.

• Anthony Leone

01/25/2020 07:10 AM

You are so right !
    I can not watch the absurd impeachment hearings (trial) as doing so makes me physically upset/ill.

• Diane Hahn

01/25/2020 02:12 AM

Can't take the lies. It's frustrating and depressing. Hopeful for the Trump team starting tomorrow.
    I decided that if I got another chance to talk to you I would try to make a point with President Trump. I support him completely, but occasionally I want to comment on a comment. He said we will win because we know how to win. With the abortion issue I think with his help we will win because we are on God's side. God creates us and gives us a soul and wants us to live according to His time. Abortion kills off His children. I am hopeful that we will win because we are trying to save His children.

• Amelia Little

01/25/2020 01:27 AM

I'm sure Trey Gowdy knows shifffff better than I do, but I have seen nothing from him since shortly after the 2016 election that would have me thinking, wow!!! That's one smart guy! I guess he IS smart enough to keep getting re-elected, but looking at whom CA voters keep re-electing no only to Congress but in state government, it seems par for the course. That being said, it really just didn't make sense that they would demand 24 hours of presentation when they basically kept repeating things over and over and over and.......I'm not sure they needed the full first 8 hours. I'm sure it was as frustrating to the Senate that they could not call the democrats out on their blatant lies. Or, to point out that---uhmmm....you sent TWO articles of impeachment, you don't get to add more now--they won't be voted on. And, they seemed to be lies, anyway. As for some of the stuff, it seems that perhaps the rabid democrats should have been paying attention to the news all around them--maybe a recap once a day, then they would have been up on new developments in things l like the biden/ukraine corruption. And, the guy who said the bribery, or is it quid pro quo, or just WHAT they are calling the phone call these days, is right there in plain sight. Funny how even the "witnesses" didn't say that--they all just said they heard, or they felt, but they didn't say--yeah, it was right there in the transcript!!! Kind of like shiffff's "evidence" all along that was so secret he hasn't even divulged what the heck he's been talking about all this time.

Appreciate all the time you guys have spent listening to this. I have seen clips from Andrew Klavan and Ben Shipiro and I'm very glad I was able to fast forward through the parts when they showed what the democrats were saying. I can stomach it a tad better if I'm reading.

• Judy Lukehart

01/24/2020 11:40 PM

I wonder if these democrats who are lying will be charged with perjury and sued for slander or is this counted as free speech?

• rodney burke

01/24/2020 11:34 PM

I think people in general should discount ANYthing said by dems. They have lied and fabricated so much for 3 1/2 years that they are not believable. As they keep on lying and making stuff up the senate is going to see thru it and they will suffer defeat. I look for Some dems who are not blind to the truth flip on chuckie and tell him where to go and how soon to get there.anyone who cant SEE this for what it is, is either blind or not paying attention. Big question is "Where is the victim? What is the crime?" schiff can't produce either and he knows it. Time for his jail cell, preferably in San Q

• Carl "T" Smith

01/24/2020 10:40 PM

It's Pepto-Bismol or Gaviscon by the pint. Is Russia Winning the propaganda war or is it a standoff between The Dim Wit Party with the Media? That's not possible since they are one in the same. Tell a big enough Lie Often enough and it becomes Gospel.

• Roberta Marye

01/24/2020 09:10 PM

Governor Huckabee, I am reading this at 9:00pm on 1/24/2020. I tried to access your link to the realclearinvestigations.com article three times, and each time the page came up " about blank". Has the article been censored? Your newsletter is my main source of news. I usually check out most of your links, too. I get emails from other news sites, but skim most of them. Yours I read every word. I trust your integrity in reporting, and identifying opinion as such. Thank you for what you do!

• Nelson D Reyes

01/24/2020 08:03 PM

My head has been spinning like a chicken without a body, like “.baseless” hearing all the squawking from extra long nose “debunked, discredited” wide eyed S.h...!

• Joyce Birch

01/24/2020 07:26 PM

I'm very pleased that our President did the March for Life. Thanks again for the today's update. I saw Rudy Guilliani on Fox & Friends this a.m. Boy, he has a lot to talk about. Would all of his information about the Biden, Ukraine corruption, etc., be brought forward & all parties charged? The dems are protecting the Biden's. I detest Maria Yonavich (sp?). I hope the Republicans are given all the time & more in the impeachment trial. I can understand starting this weekend because a lot of people are home, but running weekend errands for those that work. I do hope the people will tune in to all of the lawyers defense of the President. If you can, let us know what the viewing ratings are compared to the Democrats. Also, the dems are really pushing for witnesses. I'm on the fence about witnesses, but if the Republicans had 110% guaranteed info to exonerate the President, then bring them on. The dems had the chance & didn't do it. I look at this trial, the dems had all their evidence, etc., & Pelosi signed it, then they fulfilled their case (case closed). Now, it's in the Senates control & the dems want to dictate the rules, no way. Dems are always changing lanes. History in the making & I think this will harm any president in the future.

• William Schlumpf

01/24/2020 07:24 PM

If Schiffty and his accomplices in media, congress, activitista judges and the DNC had their way we would be living in post-Constitutional America. A place where the Constitution means whatever Schiffty and some academic Constitutional witch doctors and conjurers say it means. A place where Congress - when in 'Krat hands - and bureaucrats assume the functions formerly the purview of the executive branch as well as adjudicating matters formerly the domain of the judiciary. A place where the President is denied his constitutional rights to due process, to face his accusers, to defend himself against scurrilous accusation. It's an Alice in Wonderland world where the 'Krats accuse their opponents of everything they engage in and media lapdogs eagerly enter into the Twilight Zone validating lies and fantasies. It really is all about throwing the 2020 election. The 'Krats already successfully defrauded the electorate and threw the 2018 midterms with the Russkie hoax and now they are trying to do it again. But first they have to figure out a way to bury the story of how a guy who got thrown out of the Navy and was caught with fake ids and a crack pipe in his car, got a multimillion dollar deal with a foreign gas company to serve on its board of directors getting paid more than a director at ExxonMobil and with zero experience, while his father was tasked with guiding US foreign policy with that nation. And when his father moved on to china how that same individual got a billion and a half dollar deal with the Chinese. Not to mention the rest of honest Joe's family getting ultra lucrative government deals around the world. It's ok though. There are still enough mentally functional adults in this country to give the 'Krats what they deserve this November.

• Douglas George Darchuk

01/24/2020 07:06 PM

I was under the impression that lying to congress was not legal

• charles parkhurst

02/10/2020 08:17 AM

• Debra Brown

01/31/2020 08:08 AM

• Mary Jo McCauley

01/30/2020 03:38 PM

Gov. Huckabee,

• saundra Deeley

01/30/2020 03:35 PM

Shifty can't tell the truth, if his lips are moving he is lying!

• Marilyn DeMarco

01/28/2020 10:20 PM

• George Reynolds

01/25/2020 09:56 PM

• Dawn Street

01/25/2020 03:34 PM

• Vernon Hinz

01/25/2020 12:41 PM

• Lou Zachman

01/25/2020 10:44 AM

• Alice I Claar

01/25/2020 10:13 AM

All these People need Jesus real bad.

• Joan Spicer

01/25/2020 09:51 AM

That means they’re hiding their own Criminality!
    Please forward this concern to whoever can stop this ??

• Vickie Fiorentino

01/31/2020 08:08 AM

• Mary Jo McCauley

01/30/2020 03:38 PM

Gov. Huckabee,

• saundra Deeley

01/30/2020 03:35 PM

Shifty can't tell the truth, if his lips are moving he is lying!

• Marilyn DeMarco

01/28/2020 10:20 PM

• George Reynolds

01/25/2020 09:56 PM

• Dawn Street

01/25/2020 03:34 PM

• Vernon Hinz

01/25/2020 12:41 PM

• Lou Zachman

01/25/2020 10:44 AM

• Alice I Claar

01/25/2020 10:13 AM

All these People need Jesus real bad.

• Joan Spicer

01/25/2020 09:51 AM

That means they’re hiding their own Criminality!
    Please forward this concern to whoever can stop this ??

• Vickie Fiorentino