Thousands have written me saying they’re not watching the impeachment trial or are seeing it as little as possible to avoid getting physically ill.

Copy that!  Many have also said they’re avoiding most media and are trusting my commentary to fill them in.  We’re doing our best to live up to that expectation.  If you didn’t see much of Thursday’s proceedings, a lot of time was devoted to trashing the idea that the Biden/Ukraine corruption was real.  They used the same words over and over:  “debunked,” “discredited,” “baseless.”

The same tactic was used earlier in Schiff’s House impeachment report.  As Eric Felton says in RealClear Investigations, “The Democratic case against Trump detailed in the much more extensive House impeachment report shows how language can be used to compensate for shortcomings in the evidence.”

He goes on:  “A careful reading of the report shows that its authors --- not unlike those who wrote the Mueller report to suggest guilt they couldn’t prove --- are convinced that thin allegations can be bulked up if repeated often enough.”

And that’s just what happened on the Senate floor on Thursday.  Remember when John Kerry was running for President, and his fellow Vietnam swift boaters had some seriously unflattering things to say?  News stories kept referring to them as “the discredited swift boaters.”  We never saw the words “swift boaters” without the word “discredited” in front of them.  Nobody explained how the swift boaters had BEEN discredited.  And they hadn’t been.

That’s what’s happening now with stories about Ukraine, election interference and corruption involving the Bidens.  Felton’s must-read article explains what House Democrats have been doing:  “The repetitions that stand out in the House report are the adjectives that dismiss the President’s defense before that defense is made.  Assertions or questions involving Ukraine made by Trump or his attorney Rudy Giuliani are typically prefaced with the words ‘debunked’ or ‘discredited,’ and usually followed by the characterization ‘conspiracy theory.’  ‘Debunked’ appears 22 times in the report; ‘discredited’ 15 times; ‘baseless’ 16 times and ‘conspiracy’ 56 times.  A few of those are used by Republicans --- Giuliani is quoted as saying the impeachment inquiry is ‘baseless’ --- but the vast majority are by Democrats seeking to dismiss Trump’s claims.”

It’s easy to SAY Republicans’ claims have been “debunked.”  But the report doesn’t debunk them.  House managers believe if they just say “debunked” enough, people will think that.  And that’s what they tried on Thursday.

Ironically, Felton does a great job of “discrediting” THEM.  Read this, and the next time you see the words “debunked,” “discredited” or “baseless,” you’ll think twice.  As everyone should.  Personally, I’m tired of having my intelligence insulted, and I know you are, too.

The focus of Laura Ingraham’s Thursday show coordinated well with this theme.  She pointed out that most of the media are doing a terrible job of fact-checking.  She noted a story form the DAILY CALLER headlined, “CNN Only Fact Checks Republicans On First Day of Senate Impeachment Trial.”  No surprise there; Democrats get to say whatever they want.  Schiff was even leveling new charges against Trump, unchallenged, bringing up new, unauthenticated items that hadn’t even been included in the Articles of Impeachment and including them in Trump’s ever-evolving plot to win in 2020.  He attributed corrupt motives to Attorney General William Barr, with no evidence whatsoever.  Of course, he and the others continued playing mind-reader with the President as well, attributing corrupt motives to him with nothing to back that up.  Conjecture and false rhetoric are NOT evidence.

House managers used another false premise to slam President Trump:  that he is supposed to follow established “U.S. policy” in his dealings with foreign governments.  It’s assumed he’s supposed to do things the way the bureaucrats want him to.  (That was made clear during House testimony from the U.S. diplomat corps in Ukraine.)  And today, House managers actually defended Joe Biden’s involvement in the removal of a prosecutor in Ukraine (the one who happened to be investigating Burisma, where his son Hunter was on the board), saying he did go through “official channels.”  Unbelievable.

As Jim Jordan said on the Ingraham show, the facts are on the President’s side, while Schiff has lied over and over.  To cite just one lie, Schiff said there was nothing wrong with the FISA process.  Now, in HUGE breaking news (more on this later), the FISA court is saying the last two renewals of the warrant application to spy on Carter Page were illegal --- “not valid.”  About doggone time.  Decisions on the original FISA application and first renewal are pending.

House impeachment manager Hakeem Jeffries said on the Senate floor that the transcript of that phone call contains “damning evidence of a corrupt quid pro quo...hiding in plain sight.”  Mr. Jeffries, you could peer at that transcript through an electron microscope, and there would be no visible evidence of wrongdoing.  The evidence you see “in plain sight” is in your own mind, because the release of the money was NEVER tied to an investigation of Burisma and the Bidens.  But Jeffries gets to say it, anyway, on the Senate floor, along with anything else he wants.

Wow, here’s another stunner by the House managers, this by Jerrold Nadler:  “All of the legal experts who testified before the House Judiciary Committee...agreed that the conduct we have charged constitutes ‘high crimes and misdemeanors.’”  What??  He apparently means the wild charges they leveled over and over without evidence, such as that he “cheated” in 2016.

To anyone thinking the Ukrainian effort to hurt Trump and help Hillary is a discredited conspiracy theory, here’s a huge, developing story that shows otherwise.  POLITICO had a story about this in January of 2017, written by Kenneth Vogel and David Stern (link below), but since then, new emails from last year have come to light that discuss a January 2016 meeting between Obama officials and Ukrainian prosecutors concerning how the efforts to fight corruption in Ukraine might run up against Hunter Biden’s ties to Burisma.  As Ingraham reported, the people who arrived for that meeting were checked in by none other than...the person who had set up the meeting...the future “whistleblower,” Eric Ciaramella!

Ken Vogel reportedly started working on a report about the 2016 meeting but for some reason decided not to pursue it.  In a new development, though, it was discovered that one of the attendees, Andriy Telizhenko, a political officer in the Ukrainian embassy, was specifically mentioned in the 2017 POLITICO report about Ukrainian officials who were trying to undermine Trump’s presidential campaign.  They reported that Telizhenko helped DNC operative Alexandra Chalupa by trying to find connections between Trump, Paul Manafort and Russia.

So when someone tells you that the idea of Ukraine trying to help Hillary and/or damage Trump in the 2016 election has been “debunked” or “discredited,” or that it is “baseless,” don’t believe it.  I’m sure Trump’s legal team will have plenty to say about this, and much more of great interest, when they take the floor --- and THAT’S when we all need to tune in.

• Toni DeFronzo

01/24/2020 03:37 PM

Actually, the Dimocrats are helping the Republicans. The more people, with any intelligence, who see what is actually going on, the more future votes for Republicans!

• Paulette Taylor

01/24/2020 03:36 PM

You know the wedding scene in Shrek, where the dragon comes in through the glass and scoops up the king? I picture that happening to Schiff and Nadler and it makes me feel better.

• Sharon Sale

01/24/2020 03:30 PM

Schiff is actually making me so cranky that I have to turn him off. He is Dangerous man and needs to be shut down, the things he is bringing up is so out of context but the people who don't pay attention to politics and just hearing some of this will believe him. It is so sad to see this happening in our country and to the President.

• Sue Meyer

01/24/2020 03:18 PM

I taught several students from the same family tell me that their father served in the same unit as John Kerry....his comment to them was that he could tell many stories about how the 'real' John Kerry served his country when in Viet Nam. Their dad, now deceased from cancer, was a 4th generation family farmer from Nebraska. Mr. Huckabee, there is no one more "real" than a Nebraska farmer.

• Robbie Mize

01/24/2020 03:06 PM

I hope that millions of those who are still watching...probably mostly of the left leaning sort...learn something about what happens when you lie through your teeth. No, I am still not watching. Don't intend to. Sometimes I can't even get through your report because my BP starts rising. No fault of yours. You are doing the job we asked. Just keep us up and I will stomach what I can and pray for the day justice is served.

• Cathi Russell

01/24/2020 03:00 PM

Amen! It seems to be the overwhelming mentality of today's DemoKKKrats. I've voted for very few of them in my life...and I'll never ever vote for another. KAG 2030!

• William Ellis

01/24/2020 02:47 PM

( Truth is the foundation of our society ) What happen to the truth from congress it looks like They want it to be one way and there way only

• Christopher P Kelley

01/24/2020 02:44 PM

Schiff's Motto: "If at first you don't succeed, lie, lie, lie again!"
    Seems like the whole Democrab Mismanagement Dream Team did their doctoral work under one Josef Goebbels. If not personally, then with his Manual right in front of them.
    They, each & all, DISGRACE the poor Constitutents who voted for them.
    May their Constituents REMEMBER THIS in NOVEMBER!!
    The Nation -- & the World -- suffer because of the paroxysms of rage from
    these sore losers. The Constituents' districts suffer neglect while these manic maniacs flash with strike drones in the House subbowels, & now on the Senate floor, droning on & on & on & on, taking three days to jabber their "underwhelming evidence" that could boil down to fifteen minutes!

• Susan F Casey

01/24/2020 02:39 PM

I happened to look up at the TV playing the trial while in a restaurant. I think Schiff was speaking. He was quoting a letter from Alexander Hamilton to Thomas Jefferson. According to the accompanying slide, said letter was written in 1972. Great fact checking!

• Miriam

01/24/2020 02:30 PM

Schiff keeps repeating same lines. Without proof..if he says often enough. .some will believe. Shame. When say Dems did proven worse..the left ..did worse..are indignant even should look. Looked on "opensecrets" schiff has recieved 5 times. .millions more dollars. .in campaign dollars..
    Is it true he will keep these millions if retires. A chart of monies directed toward Schiff since he started this farce...should help to show people big part of his motivation.

• Richard Bendall

01/24/2020 02:26 PM

If the Impeachment Hearings go down the rabbit hole of hearing endless witnesses (because the Dems know they don't have a case), then the FIRST witness must be Adam Schiff ...under oath.
    That would be the end of Schiff, because he would not be able to justify his false narrative, without uttering several more lies, this time being subject to felony-perjury charges.

• Eleanor Early

01/24/2020 02:23 PM

I’m so dang angry with that lying bunch of “nothings” that pretend they love their Country.
    How are they getting away with this?????

• Jim McDowell

01/24/2020 02:20 PM

yes thanks for your updates and i hope the Trump team debunks them with a scathing response.

• Beverly Gould

01/24/2020 02:16 PM

thanks so much Mike for all the information, I look forward to reading your comments every day and love your TBN show. I have not watched any of the disgusting unbelievable circus the Dems have hatched up- it turns my stomach and can't believe how they seem to be getting away with such corruption and lies and unfair attacks on people doing the right thing. I pray a lot for oour country and leaders and am so concerned that those who are so corrupt would get into power- they are so deceived. we need to go back to our faith in God roots! I will watch what I can of the Senate proceedings . We need to pray like never before!

• Doris Harper

01/24/2020 02:06 PM

Dear Mr. Huckabee,We are totally on the same page as wanting to be nauseous watching the hearings. However we have tune in to some my question is after all the time the
    Congress had to blast President Trump lie about President Trump when do they SHUT UP????? The media is their mouth piece we know that they’re lying we know the president Trump is innocent but when is it our turn for the American people to be heard through the Senate and the Congress is told to shut up. I stopped watching it because I feel guilty because I’ve never felt such hatred for anybody is I do those liars. I Totally understand how they hate President Trump because I feel the same way and more about them. And yes it does insult us.
    Like we
    Are so stupid that we’re going to believe the lien people and not stand behind President Trump. It totally shows the scripture that says “what Satan meant for evil ( my paraphrase )Congress and the Democrats God will use for good!!!
    Harpers

• Terri Lupa

01/24/2020 02:03 PM

Watching Thursday’s proceedings was mind numbing. The same information(not evidence) was repeated over and over again as if they were trying to brainwash their audience. I figure they will do the same today about the President’s abuse of power. So I plan on watching an hour of it to avoid hearing the same thing ad nauseam. God bless President Trump.

• Delbert Sanders

01/24/2020 02:01 PM

Why don't they play the video that has Biden bragging about getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired and actually stopping their aid.

• Barbara Pierson

01/24/2020 02:01 PM

This needs to STOP! Democrat’s have shown Treason and a desire to hurt our country. Let the indictments fly. Military Tribunal’s and hey! I’m ok with executions carried out immediately. This great evil has been allowed to fester and it’s hurting America. Schiffty, Pelosi, anyone who was on that 757 a year ago December for That Coup attempt and the subsequent ones! I’m sick and tired at the money that has changed hands on both sides and their willingness to sell America.

• BeeGee Johnston

01/24/2020 02:00 PM

Keep reporting for us
    You seem to be the only sane voice out there

• Stephen Russell

01/24/2020 01:58 PM

Saw photo on Linked In feed showing Schiff using celphone on Senate floor despite ban photo is Real or Deepfake??

• Bob Vogel (no relation to Ken V.)

01/24/2020 01:44 PM

I'm not watching the trial. It seems like an attempted coup. I can't stomach the blatantly political motivation in their ongoing attempt to take out our president. I've decided to spend my time praying instead for justice to be done, and for the real truth to come out. I have also found myself praying that the democrats will be publicly shamed for this assault they are committing against the President, the Republican party, all truth loving people, the constitution, and our very nation. Hopefully the Dems will come out much worse for their efforts.

• Ken Bewick

01/24/2020 01:43 PM

Governor,

As a Christian, how do you personally deal with all of the lies and the corruption of the Democrats? I am having a very difficult time containing my anger and frustration over their behavior and their attempt to destroy our country. Please pray for me and continue to pray for our country. Ken

• Patty Aslin

01/24/2020 01:40 PM

Governor Huckabee~I am so looking forward to hearing (watching) President Trumps amazing Legal Defense Team when they have the ball in their court! I truly believe it will be EPIC! Each person representing President Trump brings their own legal strengths to the table! I pray God’s blessings over each one of them?? I pray they are prepared, lazar focused, articulate, strong, and convincing to the American people watching. Thank you Governor Huckabee for keeping your followers in the loop of TRUTH ????????

• William Z. Judisky

01/24/2020 01:40 PM

During the house hearings ,which should have been on Comedy Central, all these charges against the President . They never showed the whistle blower or allowed the name be known. They spent all this time and money for nothing . They did not admit what then Vice President Biden did in this issue of the Ukraine goverment even when he joked about it during a interview on television. Now this farce is moved to the Senate for three days and it is now a rerun of the house show. No I do not watch the Senate hearing proceedings . I just pray for the President and Vice President that they will be victorous .

• Elle Sheffield

01/24/2020 01:39 PM

We really enjoy your commentary. Thank you for being a voice of reason with much needed humor thrown in. We haven't watched the Impeachment either. Too many lies and too much grand standing by the Democrats. Even the snippets that are shown on Fox I avoid or just mute the t.v. I watched the President at the Pro Life rally but then quickly turned the channel.

• Toni DeFronzo

• Cathi Russell

01/24/2020 03:00 PM

• William Ellis

01/24/2020 02:47 PM

• Christopher P Kelley

01/24/2020 02:44 PM

Schiff's Motto: "If at first you don't succeed, lie, lie, lie again!"
    They, each & all, DISGRACE the poor Constitutents who voted for them.
    May their Constituents REMEMBER THIS in NOVEMBER!!
    The Nation -- & the World -- suffer because of the paroxysms of rage from

• Susan F Casey

01/24/2020 02:39 PM

• Miriam

01/24/2020 02:30 PM

• Richard Bendall

01/24/2020 02:26 PM

• Eleanor Early

01/24/2020 02:23 PM

How are they getting away with this?????

• Jim McDowell

• BeeGee Johnston

01/24/2020 02:00 PM

Keep reporting for us
    You seem to be the only sane voice out there

• Stephen Russell

01/24/2020 01:58 PM

• Bob Vogel (no relation to Ken V.)

01/24/2020 01:44 PM

• Cathi Russell

01/24/2020 03:00 PM

• William Ellis

01/24/2020 02:47 PM

• Christopher P Kelley

01/24/2020 02:44 PM

Schiff's Motto: "If at first you don't succeed, lie, lie, lie again!"
    They, each & all, DISGRACE the poor Constitutents who voted for them.
    May their Constituents REMEMBER THIS in NOVEMBER!!
    The Nation -- & the World -- suffer because of the paroxysms of rage from

• Susan F Casey

01/24/2020 02:39 PM

• Miriam

01/24/2020 02:30 PM

• Richard Bendall

01/24/2020 02:26 PM

• Eleanor Early

01/24/2020 02:23 PM

How are they getting away with this?????

• Jim McDowell

• BeeGee Johnston

01/24/2020 02:00 PM

Keep reporting for us
    You seem to be the only sane voice out there

• Stephen Russell

01/24/2020 01:58 PM

• Bob Vogel (no relation to Ken V.)

01/24/2020 01:44 PM