Evening Edition - December 22

December 22, 2019 |

Yes, next week is Christmas and we’re having a special Christmas show tonight to get you in the mood.  No Bah Humbug around here!  We’re pretty pumped about Christmas and all it represents.  And hopefully, your Christmas dinner with the family can avoid political comments that might bring tension to a politically divided family.  Of course if everyone around your table agrees with ME, then you have a truly intelligent and wonderful family!  And if they are contrarians, then just tell them you ran out of pie.  Just kidding!

After several years of people being afraid to say Merry Christmas, people aren’t afraid anymore.  And no one should be.  Many of my Jewish friends send Christmas greetings, and I wish them Happy Hannuka and truly mean it.  What the shepherds in Bethlehem said is still wonderful today:  Peace on Earth and Good Will toward men.

My pastor said something this past week I’d never thought about, proving that I really haven’t thought of everything just yet.  He noted that all the Old Testament prophecies about the birth of the Christ child were fulfilled in Jesus and that alone was an incredible miracle.  He then noted that although Joseph and Mary lived in Nazareth, the had to go to Bethlehem to be counted in the census and pay their taxes, meaning that God used government to bring about their being in Bethlehem as prophesied.  Watching Washington, it’s hard to imagine that God could or would use our government, but He still does.  I pretty much believe that only God could cause government to function in an eternal way.  But we just see this side of it.  And that God could use OUR government IS a miracle!

Most of our families have lots of traditions and customs that bring us comfort through the familiarity of the menu of Christmas Dinner, the order of having a prayer and maybe a devotional, singing a Christmas Carol, and then opening gifts in some sort of predictable order.

With 6 small grandchildren, we try for the prayer, devotional, and reminder of the reason for the occasion, but once packages start getting opened, it’s pretty much all the adults can do to make sure that the actual gifts aren’t tossed in the trash with the wrapping paper.  I admit I’m hard to buy for because when I need something, I tend to just get it.  It makes my family crazy, but truth it, I really don’t need or want anything and my greatest gift is watching others get what they want or at least pretend it’s what they wanted.

God didn’t just send a book or prophets or even miracles to reveal Himself.  He came in the person of Jesus.  He lived, loved, and died for us.  And He overcame death in the miracle of the resurrection.  And that Christmas miracle is the one that never gets old no matter how many times we celebrate it.  From all of us here at the Huckabee show, a delightful family who man the cameras, work behind the scenes in production rooms, and our terrific team who show true Southern hospitality to the treasured guests in our audience, we say may God given you a truly wonderful Christmas.

-----------------------------

From Sheryl:

Gov. Huckabee, As a registered Republican interested in the truth, I watched the impeachment hearings. When I read your letter, I have to wonder whether you watched them yourself or not. It appears that you did not, because somehow you missed the evidence that was made so clear. I am confused by my party leaders. Are you stupid, or simply dishonest? Please urge the Republicans in the Senate to treat this impeachment hearing exactly the same as they would if the President was a Democrat. Your integrity and that of our party, are at stake.

From the Gov:

The Democrats in the House did NOT treat this impeachment in the way the Republicans treated the impeachment of President Bill Clinton. (By the way, there was incontrovertible evidence that Clinton committed perjury and suborned perjury, for which he was fined and deprived of his law license.) If you go back and look at the Republican Judiciary Committee’s rules for Clinton’s impeachment, you will see that he received the due process that Adam Schiff refused President Trump. On a purely partisan vote, Schiff’s committee approved all new and shockingly unfair rules. So if you’re concerned that impeachments aren’t treated exactly the same regardless of party, you might want to look at that.

The lack of evidence this time was so obvious that I have to wonder if you yourself watched the actual hearings gavel-to-gavel or instead listened to the through-the-looking-glass interpretations on CNN. The mainstream media did NOT report the truth about this, just as they did not report the truth about IG Horowitz’s findings. There was no evidence of misconduct by President Trump in his phone call with Zelensky --- only hearsay and gossip and “presumption –- and in fact the one piece of direct evidence was exculpatory. None of that garbage would have been allowed in a court of law. And President Zelensky himself has said more than once that he wasn’t pressured at all.

If I don’t further debate your claims, it’s not because I’m “stupid” or “dishonest” but simply mystified by them.

--------------------------------

And from earlier this week:

I’ve already written about how House Democrats hoped to stain Trump with the word “Impeached,” but only succeeded in blowing up the dye pack in their own faces and marking themselves as so radically partisan, immature and unserious that they aren’t worthy of holding their offices. Many commentators have also referenced appropriate quotes, such as “When you strike at a king, you must kill him” (Ralph Waldo Emerson) and “If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine” (Obi Wan Kenobi.) Well, there’s already evidence that they strike at Trump is only making him stronger.

While the Democrats were beclowning themselves on live TV, Trump supporters were rallying to his side, joined by a lot of new people who hadn’t been paying attention until now, and are apparently outraged by the unfairness shown to the President (and by seeing just what an overstuffed clown car the Democrats have become.)

Just since the impeachment circus began, Trump’s campaign has received a stunning $5 million in donations. As the Dems were leaping to conclusions in their kangaroo court, the Republican National Committee raked in over $20 million in November alone, giving them $63.2 million cash on hand, the most since just before the 2012 election. The DNC hasn’t reported its November numbers yet, but in October, they had just $8.7 million cash on hand and $7 million in debt.

Also, remember all those polls claiming that Trump would lose to every Democrat if the election were held today?  Well,the Democrats should've tried to get the election held before they started their "impeachment" push because ever since, Trump has been surging.  In the latest You Gov/Economist "electability" poll (asking voters who they expect to win), as of today, he's now leading Biden by 6 points,Sanders by 26, Warren by 30 and Buttigieg by 41.

Investors also shrugged off "impeachment," with US markets hitting another all-time high the very next day, on the assumption that the Democrats' mighty blow against the evil Trump is a "non-event."

At this rate, the Trump campaign might have to think of a really nice Christmas gift to send Nancy Pelosi. Considering the state of her home district, how about a designer hazmat suit?

----------------------------------

Two more brief observations on Thursday's Democratic Presidential Debate:

There was a proposal that the government should pay to move people who have beachfront homes away from (thus far undetectable) rising tides due to climate change.  Haven’t the taxpayers given enough money to Barack Obama and Al Gore already?

In three long hours, the most memorable line said by anyone was a tweet from the Trump War Room, warning PBS
viewers that the debate might be listed on their TV guides as an episode of “Antiques Roadshow.”

• Carl "T" Smith

12/22/2019 08:59 PM

Nancy is going to need more than a designer Hazmat suit, After 32 years in Congress as an apostate she has finally found Christ in her quest to Crucify the sitting POTUS. ye shall be known by your deeds not your words.

• Joseph K Weydemann

12/22/2019 08:49 PM

Governor,
    I would like to apologize for Sheryl. Any argument that contains slurs is not an argument. Perhaps Sheryl drank the Kool Aid? That was joke.

This Christmas is my Granddaughters first Christmas Peytyn is 7 months old.

• Nancy pekera

12/22/2019 08:24 PM

Thank you Mike. You always speak to my heart and your words are always in line with God’s Truth.

• John Hungerford

12/22/2019 08:14 PM

Gov,
    I am wondering if the Democrats are planning to reimburse us the American people for the millions spent on this farce of going after President Trump.
    And who has been doing the actual work of the Gov't while they have been searching for something to pin on our President?

• Douglas Pinckney

12/22/2019 08:10 PM

Thank you for all you do and lead Governor. We love you!
    Merry Christmas and a Happy Prosperous New Year!

• Kenneth g stach

12/22/2019 07:54 PM

Merry Christmas to you and your family

• Louise Williams

12/22/2019 07:53 PM

Re your suggested Christmas gift for Nasty Nancy - I would give her a shovel and a dustpan. Make her do some real work for a change.

• Sheryl Barnes

12/22/2019 07:47 PM

There is a comment above with the name "Sheryl" on it. I hope it wasn't referring to me because I did NOT write it. I would NEVER ask you if you are stupid. I know better. I think you are one of the smartest men I know. I loved it when you were our governor and think you would make a great president. Please correct this and give the credit to the person that REALLY wrote it

• Cynthia D Pandolfo

12/22/2019 07:45 PM

I too am baffled by Sheryl. I read the transcript and listened to the entire mind boggling hearings. I saw people who suffer from hubris and fail to acknowledge that they work for the President and not the other way around. The President does not have use talking points provided by so called “experts.” These people talked about foreign policy as if they were the decision makers. The President sets foreign policy. Not advisors. Disagreeing with a President’s policy is NOT an impeachable offense. The President is merely doing his job.

I was shocked at the assumption and presumption verbalized by witnesses. No facts. And to top it all off, we had to listen to an ambassador whose feelings were hurt because her service was no longer wanted. Frankly, I was embarrassed for her.

There was not one single fact presented. A judge would have thrown this out. It was laughable and embarrassing for the country. American people who read and listen (not to talking points) but facts, understand what is occurring. Sheryl, I hope you will learn to think for yourself.

• Hugh Davis

12/22/2019 07:39 PM

Thanks for your continued support and prayers? God bless you and your family

• Joan Ogg

12/22/2019 07:35 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee,

I enjoy reading your "common" sense reports. As far as Sheryl's comment goes; she's either a Democrat posing as a Republican or she's one of those that just hate Trump period. And as an American citizen who pays her fair share of taxes and then some, I am appalled at what the Socialist Left have done to our country. What offends me the most is the fact that they really believe that we are that stupid and can't see through them.

Now lets clean up that swamp and continue to make America the great country that she is. I want to be proud of her again.

Thank you.

Respectfully yours,

• Joe and Becky Swierkosz

12/22/2019 07:32 PM

Merry Christmas & happy new year!! God bless you and yours.

• Dianne Stamatelos

12/22/2019 07:32 PM

I am in serious need of help. I am 74; my only income is Social Security. My husband died unexpectedly Dec. 16, last Monday. After going thru all of his financial affairs, it appears that he hacked into my 401k, rolled it into an IRA for himself, and gambled away every cent of it on losing stocks and get rich schemes online. After 46 years of marriage, I thought I knew him, & trusted him to keep an eye on it for me, and never suspected he was doing that. Every time I asked how it was doing, he always said "everything's fine". He also applied for a few credit cards without telling me and ran up a debt of $40,000-$50,000. I am completely devastated because not only do I not have my 401k to fall back on now, but I have to find a way to pay off all of his debt in addition to my own. Plus pay for a funeral which I don’t have funds for. I’ve heard of these GoFundMe accounts that can be set up to take in donations from caring people. But I don’t know if it would be appropriate for me to have one. If so, then how does it get set up. I haven’t a clue where to begin. Do you have any ideas? You have such a huge following, perhaps someone you know has some ideas. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Please help me, and pray for me. Thank you.

• Roni Samuels

12/22/2019 07:31 PM

Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas. I always appreciate your comments and the gentle spirit given.

• WILEY S DRAKE

12/22/2019 07:28 PM

Congressional Prayer Conference of Washington DC Calls for Cooperation with All Worldwide Prayer Partners to a Special Repentance Prayer for America
    Contact: Pastor Wiley Drake, 714-865-8132 CALL2FALL.COM

WASHINGTON, -- The Congressional Prayer Conference is offering the following avenues of prayer to Pray America back to Repentance and a closer walk with God through Jesus:

1. "Telephonic Prayer Session" daily, Monday through Friday, 1-605-468-8016, Access code 399430# at 9:00 AM EST

2. 24-hour "Live" Prayer Request Line, 1-714-865-8132

3. "Live" Upper Room Prayer Vigils daily at 12:00 noon and 8:00 PM EST, 1-714-522-7201

4. E-mail for written prayer targets: [email protected]

• Lance E Brown

12/22/2019 07:27 PM

Merry Christmas Huck I hope your family is well and you enjoy the season.

Evening Edition - December 22

December 22, 2019 |

-----------------------------

From Sheryl:

From the Gov:

--------------------------------

And from earlier this week:

----------------------------------

Two more brief observations on Thursday's Democratic Presidential Debate:

• Carl "T" Smith

12/22/2019 08:59 PM

• Joseph K Weydemann

12/22/2019 08:49 PM

Governor,

This Christmas is my Granddaughters first Christmas Peytyn is 7 months old.

• Nancy pekera

12/22/2019 08:24 PM

• John Hungerford

12/22/2019 08:14 PM

Gov,

• Douglas Pinckney

12/22/2019 08:10 PM

Thank you for all you do and lead Governor. We love you!
    Merry Christmas and a Happy Prosperous New Year!

• Kenneth g stach

12/22/2019 07:35 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee,

Thank you.

Respectfully yours,

• Joe and Becky Swierkosz

12/22/2019 07:32 PM

Merry Christmas & happy new year!! God bless you and yours.

• Dianne Stamatelos

12/22/2019 07:32 PM

• Roni Samuels

12/22/2019 07:31 PM

• WILEY S DRAKE

12/22/2019 07:28 PM

Contact: Pastor Wiley Drake, 714-865-8132 CALL2FALL.COM

2. 24-hour "Live" Prayer Request Line, 1-714-865-8132

4. E-mail for written prayer targets: [email protected]

• Lance E Brown

12/22/2019 07:27 PM

Merry Christmas Huck I hope your family is well and you enjoy the season.

Evening Edition - December 22

December 22, 2019 |

-----------------------------

From Sheryl:

From the Gov:

--------------------------------

And from earlier this week:

----------------------------------

Two more brief observations on Thursday's Democratic Presidential Debate:

• Carl "T" Smith

12/22/2019 08:59 PM

• Joseph K Weydemann

12/22/2019 08:49 PM

Governor,

This Christmas is my Granddaughters first Christmas Peytyn is 7 months old.

• Nancy pekera

12/22/2019 08:24 PM

• John Hungerford

12/22/2019 08:14 PM

Gov,

• Douglas Pinckney

12/22/2019 08:10 PM

Thank you for all you do and lead Governor. We love you!
    Merry Christmas and a Happy Prosperous New Year!

• Kenneth g stach

12/22/2019 07:35 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee,

Thank you.

Respectfully yours,

• Joe and Becky Swierkosz

12/22/2019 07:32 PM

Merry Christmas & happy new year!! God bless you and yours.

• Dianne Stamatelos

12/22/2019 07:32 PM

• Roni Samuels

12/22/2019 07:31 PM

• WILEY S DRAKE

12/22/2019 07:28 PM

Contact: Pastor Wiley Drake, 714-865-8132 CALL2FALL.COM

2. 24-hour "Live" Prayer Request Line, 1-714-865-8132

4. E-mail for written prayer targets: [email protected]

• Lance E Brown

12/22/2019 07:27 PM

Merry Christmas Huck I hope your family is well and you enjoy the season.