September 27, 2018

As I’ve watched the attacks on Judge Brett Kavanaugh move from their initial Salem Witch Trial interrogation phase into the full blown mass hysteria of a growing chorus of accusers screaming, “I saw goody Kavanaugh with the Devil!" (and Democrats insisting that the sheer numbers of people screaming hysterically make the story more likely to be true), one thing has become crystal clear:

It is time for someone to step aside from high office in DC.  And I’m not talking about Kavanaugh.  I am calling upon the following people to immediately “step aside” from their positions in the United States Senate:

Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), who declared that a “sworn allegation” was solid enough evidence to force Kavanaugh to withdraw; Chris Coons (D-DE), who said that Kavanaugh “bears the burden of disproving these allegations;” Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI), who managed to come out against both due process and free speech rights at once by saying that all men should just “shut up” when a woman makes a sexual assault allegation; Jeff Merkley (D-OR) and the list may yet grow longer.

Note that I’m being incredibly lenient by not including Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA), Kamala Harris (D-CA) or Cory Booker (D-NJ), despite their outrageous, reprehensible and self-serving behavior during this period, only because to my knowledge, they have not yet explicitly called for overthrowing due process rights and declaring Kavanaugh guilty on allegations alone unless he proves himself innocent.

Also please note: I am not calling on these Senators to resign for partisan reasons (I’d say the same to any Republican who similarly treated the Bill of Rights like a roll of Charmin); nor because I think that they are acting as vicious, unfair partisans without regard for the terrible damage they are doing to the social fabric of America, although that’s all true.  I’m calling upon them to resign because they have all publicly, blatantly and willfully violated their oaths of office.

This is the oath that all Americans take upon assuming the high responsibility of being a US Senator:

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.”

Each and every one of the people I named above has now come out publicly against the sacred rights of due process, enumerated in the Bill of Rights (part of the Constitution.)  Although the presumption of innocence isn’t explicitly spelled out in the Constitution, it dates back to ancient Rome; it’s a bedrock of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; it’s generally held to be an implied right by the Fifth, Sixth and 14th Amendments; and it was established as precedent in the case of “Coffin v. US” (1895.)

It is up to Judge Kavanaugh to decide whether dealing with this tsunami of slander is worth it or to step aside from consideration for the position of Supreme Court Justice.  But there is absolutely no question that the people I named above have violated their oath of office by misusing the power, publicity and prestige that comes with it to advocate for the shredding of basic civil rights enshrined in the very Constitution that they swore to “support and defend” as a condition of taking office.  Through their words and deeds, they have proven themselves unworthy to hold that office.

Therefore, I call upon them all to resign from the United States Senate.  Right now, before they do any more damage.

Or in their own parlance:  Do the right thing and step aside.

LEAVE A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM.

• Wanda Hampton

09/27/2018 08:44 PM

I agree.

• Janet Bunbuc

09/27/2018 08:27 PM

Governor Huckabee I completely agree with you. I can't believe the Democratic Senators have sunken so low. Too many Democrats have set aside all sense of rational and moral behavior. There are some that I believe are good people but apparently they don't have the backbone to stand up for what's right. ALL Senators are to uphold the Constitution as it is written.

• Sarah Ann Valles

09/27/2018 08:20 PM

Your right on! Get them all out of there??

• Marcia Ivanye

09/27/2018 07:45 PM

I love the constitution and the bill of rights, have been brought up on both in my lifetime, and do not understand the constant assault on these rights. I’m happy that there are so many different views, and , when I was younger, there were friendly debates on our differences. Now, it seems almost a violent affront on anyone that does not agree with a certain ideal. Being from the heartland in Ohio, we are somewhat conservative in our thoughts and do not understand the anger from the left, and, most Democrats. I used to be a democrat, but do not even recognize the party now . I usually vote republican, but consider myself an independent. Both main parties do not worry about our deficit spending, as I do. I do think trump has some good ideas, and has done his best. I’m concerned that some republicans do not support him. Talked your ear off, I’ll stop now. Have a great day!

• Lisa M Ford

09/27/2018 07:39 PM

I get so aggravated watching the democrats wasting our tax dollars on their sceams. The republicans were conducting themselves with respect. The democrats act uneducated on this whole process. And why should Judge Kavenaugh ask President Trump for another FBI investigation? How many does that man need? The media is just viscious. And Cokie Roberts is the biggest waste of time on reporting. I'm sorry. Bust stupidity keeps flowing out of her mouth. Who is paying to keep her on the news panels?

• Cheryl Dowd

09/27/2018 07:15 PM

I am in total agreement with you. It's time to end the farce and take the vote.

• Andrea Oleksa

09/27/2018 07:08 PM

Agreed. It's disgraceful. I believe Kavanaugh.

• Sheri Marihart

09/27/2018 05:59 PM

They should be impeached immediately! Isnt violating your oath to uphold the constitution an impeachable offense? And yes, every Democrat that knew about this info and did not bring it to the committee should resign immediately. They are incompetent in their jobs!

• Sheila Schnorr

09/27/2018 05:55 PM

And while they’re at it, they should fire Maxine Waters and remove all her benefits for inciting violence and threatening to “knock off” the President and Vice President!

• Denise Elmer

09/27/2018 04:35 PM

This entire hearing is a complete farce! Confirm tomorrow!

• Edmund Rapin

09/27/2018 04:22 PM

Amen!

• Lorena Dearing

09/27/2018 04:13 PM

Totally agree with you! Lots of others who should go too. They've been at it too long and forget to uphold the Constitution!

• Sue Smith

09/27/2018 04:10 PM

Thank you for your comments. This a sad day for our Rep. Party and Country. The elected officials have let us down once again. They are not capable of being judges. The Dems are doing the same old run around. How can they be voted back into these positions. We need people with spines to handle the work of their constituents as well as for all Americans. We love hearing you on these ridiculous court room tv shots.

• james randolph

09/27/2018 03:59 PM

Where are the attorneys WILLING to counter-sue the accusers for slander, defamation of character, etc ????
    I think a REAL civil lawsuit would WOKE some of the voices...
    Colonel David "Wil" Riggins ...

• Sue Clarke

09/27/2018 02:34 PM

You are right on Mike! This is a witch hunt. Republican questioner was not very good in my opinion. Everyone, including republicans, did not ask any hard questions, mostly just patted her on the back. Truly disgusting. She's been through alot???, What about the Kavenaugh family? Do they think it has been a picnic for them? Vote him in and if not be should file a defamation suit against her and all the democrats who took part in this farce!

• Jim Price

09/27/2018 02:27 PM

In my opinion, most liberals are like flies, they eat poop and bother people.

• Rebecca Letson

09/27/2018 02:16 PM

Where was Dr. Christine Blasey Ford when Judge Kavanaugh was appointed to the U.S. Circuit Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit? Why didn’t she bring up her accusations back then? Was it okay for him to serve as a Circuit Judge but not as a Supreme Court Judge?

• Richard Webber

09/27/2018 01:59 PM

Mr. Huckabee - - as a Canadian, I agree totally with your assessment. There are few Canadian Politicians that should DO THE SAME - “resign”, and our Prime Minister - IS ONE OF THEM.

• Sandie Mosher

09/27/2018 01:26 PM

I agree.

• Richard Edler

09/27/2018 11:29 AM

Governor Huckabee that was a brilliant article calling for the senators resignations and you are correct. They have not upheld their oath of office and did violate our civil rights and they need to be removed immediately. They are undermining our justice system and if this is how they clearly operate in the Senate. what other nefarious dels are they up to? They do not represent the citizens of the United States in fair and unbiased ways and presume we are all guilty and have to prove our innocence first. Is t that communism? Or Marxism? It is not the republic and they clearly violated the Constitution and our Bill of Rights protecting Americans. They earn their living on our tax payer dollars and forgot that we pay them to fairly represent us and instead act like dictators and elitists and Kong’s and queens and we have no rights. This must stop now and we support your call to ask them to resign. Examples must be set to avoid the overturn of our Constitutional rights. We know they want the Supreme Court and to change the Constitution to fit their purpose to take over our government and make us their slaves. History must not be allowed to repeat itself. We must all be and stay equal. The Kavanaugh Senate hearings are the best way to show American people who they are and what they will do. No one will have any rights unless they say so. It is gross to see what our Senators have become and their thirst for power and disdain for the American people. We continue to be deplorables to them and they are so much better than all of us. Judge and jury. How did we get here? And we do not believe Ford at all. She was desperate to be accepted by these boys and this is her fantasy and revenge. She does not represent good women and is selfishly hurting our good sons. It is a farce. And Dems encourage hate once again using women. They are destroying our faith in each other and making us not trust one another. Horrible people who have no care for humanity. First it was races and not it is genders.

September 27, 2018

Or in their own parlance:  Do the right thing and step aside.

LEAVE A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM.

• Wanda Hampton

09/27/2018 08:44 PM

I agree.

• Janet Bunbuc

09/27/2018 08:27 PM

• Sarah Ann Valles

09/27/2018 08:20 PM

Your right on! Get them all out of there??

• Marcia Ivanye

09/27/2018 07:45 PM

• Lisa M Ford

09/27/2018 07:39 PM

• Cheryl Dowd

09/27/2018 07:15 PM

I am in total agreement with you. It's time to end the farce and take the vote.

• Andrea Oleksa

09/27/2018 07:08 PM

Agreed. It's disgraceful. I believe Kavanaugh.

• Sheri Marihart

09/27/2018 05:59 PM

• Sheila Schnorr

09/27/2018 05:55 PM

• Denise Elmer

09/27/2018 04:35 PM

This entire hearing is a complete farce! Confirm tomorrow!

• Edmund Rapin

09/27/2018 04:22 PM

Amen!

• Lorena Dearing

09/27/2018 04:13 PM

• Sue Smith

09/27/2018 04:10 PM

• james randolph

09/27/2018 03:59 PM

I think a REAL civil lawsuit would WOKE some of the voices...
    Colonel David "Wil" Riggins ...

• Sue Clarke

09/27/2018 02:34 PM

• Jim Price

09/27/2018 02:27 PM

In my opinion, most liberals are like flies, they eat poop and bother people.

• Rebecca Letson