With boldly anti-Semitic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar making news this week –- along with the conflicted Democrats in Congress who ultimately found it impossible to condemn her anti-Semitism –- I thought it might be good to do a little research and find out more about her.

Going back to October of 2018, shortly before the election that took her to Congress as one of the first two Muslim women ever elected, we find that even then, several questions had followed her about her campaign finances, truthfulness under oath, and even her marriages, with allegations of bigamy and even that she was legally married to her brother for a short time for the purpose of committing immigration fraud. These are issues that first arose in 2016, when she was running for her seat in the Minnesota state legislature.

Before we take a look at these allegations, I do want to mention that her reaction at the time was to call conservatives racists and to play the “Muslim” card, both of which are really getting tiresome. She issued a statement that read in part, “We recognize how these folks are deeply invested in stopping a progressive, Black, Muslim, hijab-wearing immigrant woman. We know these people are part of systems that have historically been disturbingly motivated to silence, discredit and dehumanize influencers who threaten the establishment.” Well, thanks so much Ms. Omar, for attempting to silence, discredit and dehumanize (“part of systems”?) your critics, while failing to address the legitimate questions they have about your background.

Omar wouldn’t offer specifics or provide any documentation to support her denials, saying in a statement, “We choose not to further the narrative of those who oppose us.” Hmm...does that mean her explanations and documentation WOULD “further the narrative”?

To be clear, I am not accusing this new member of Congress of immigration fraud, bigamy or campaign finance violations. I am saying that there’s an enduring mystery and a disturbing lack of transparency here, especially about the identification of her second husband, who may or may not be her brother. I’ll tell you what we know.

It was a Republican state representative, Steve Drazkowski, who accused her of misusing campaign funds for personal travel. (One of her trips was to the far-flung nation of Estonia, where it’s kind of doubtful that she would be campaigning.) Omar played the “Muslim” card then, too, saying of Drazkowski that “it should be concerning to his constituents that he is using taxpayer dollars to harass a Muslim candidate.”

We get it. She’s Muslim. Don’t ask the questions you would normally ask of any other candidate.

She did present a timeline for her marriages, and marriage and divorce records are in the public record. What appears to be bigamy may, technically, not be, as much of the time she was apparently “married,” it was according to her faith but not according to state law. Long story short, she was “married” to one man, then another, then the first man again; the “overlap” may have been during periods she was not married according to the law (or to her faith; pick one). It really does get complicated when you’re using two systems of law, which is one reason why we shouldn't do that.

It’s the in-between man whose identity is unclear. The name on the marriage certificate is “Ahmed Nur Said Elmi,” a man she claims was a British citizen. If this man was legally married to her and she was already a naturalized U.S. citizen, it would have helped him get a green card in America. Marriage fraud, a federal crime, is punishable by up to five years in prison.

So, we ought to be able to clear this up right away, just by filing a Freedom Of Information Act request for Omar’s immigration records, right? Wrong! When this was tried, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services refused to provide the information, saying that records of individuals couldn’t be released without written permission from those people. To date, she has not granted this authorization, and I think I speak for all of us when I ask, WHY IN BLAZES NOT? Also, according to her campaign, she can’t produce her birth certificate or those of family members (such as her brother) because “the infrastructure collapsed” during the Somali civil war, which was going on when she emigrated from that country at age 8. She has opted not even to provide a list of her siblings’ names.

Omar did deny in 2016 that this second husband was her brother. “Insinuations that Ahmed Nur Said Elmi is my brother are absurd and offensive,” she said in a statement. The AP tried to locate and speak with Elmi, but their efforts were (surprise) unsuccessful.

Her immigration status could have been looked into at that time, considering that she was running for office and all, but then-U.S. Attorney Andy Luger, an Obama appointee, wrote to Omar’s attorney that his office wasn’t conducting an investigation and hadn’t requested one. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought they didn’t normally confirm or deny ongoing investigations.

In 2017, Omar said in sworn divorce papers that she hadn’t had contact with Elmi (husband #2) since June of 2011, and that she thought he was in London but couldn’t reach him. But conservative bloggers turned up a picture of her with a man also named Ahmed Elmi at an event held years later. If that’s the same man, it would mean she perjured herself about the whereabouts of husband #2 (illegal whether he really is her brother or not).

The man in the picture was located, but he denied he knew Ilhan Omar and said he had not been married. When the AP tried to reach him by phone, social media and email, he did not respond. But when you compare the backgrounds of Omar and this “stranger” in the photo, you find some amazing coincidences: they both attended North Dakota State University during an overlapping period, they both majored in art, and it can be established that this “Elmi” and the “Elmi” known to be Omar’s husband were both in Minneapolis at the same time.

To be sure, Rep. Omar has been through some tough experiences in her life and has come a long way to achieve what she has. When she was just a child, her family fled Somalia during a vicious civil war. They spent four years in a Kenyan refugee camp with tens of thousands of other displaced people. When she was 12, the family was sponsored to move to the United States, and they eventually settled in Minnesota in 1997. She has said her grandfather inspired her interest in politics. To be fair, she’s been subjected to anti-Muslim prejudice, which was pretty widespread post-9/11.

But that does not excuse her own obvious prejudice against Jews and Israel, especially as she is now a member of Congress. She also has a responsibility to be honest about her motives, her finances, and her naturalization process.

This is what she said when she was first running for office in 2016 and facing the various challenges to her honesty and good faith: “I remain honored to be a part of a campaign that is uniting the diverse voices of our district --- long term residents, East African immigrants and students.” I find this interesting because many Jews contribute to the diversity in her district as well. Does she speak for them, too?

Jim Geraghty at NATIONAL REVIEW offers a nicely detailed account, including some of the tweets that have already distinguished the fledgling congresswoman. Congress has shown itself unable to deal with the obvious, but we know what to call it.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Immutable laws of life

Sarah's story

"Love your neighbor"

ISIS reduced to memes

• Danny Powers

03/09/2019 08:26 AM

I'm still trying to figure out why the great state that she was elected from would elect a "Muslim" to be in this position. Our nation is in a mess and hopefully we can get turned around soon. We need this nation to turn back to God (one true God) now more than ever...God bless America and our leaders..We pray for our leaders (even those we don't agree with)..Thanks for your updates Mike...

• Terri Curry

03/09/2019 07:32 AM

LOVE your comments and your dry sense of humor!!( I follow you on Twitter too)
    Mr Huckabee, as an 57 year old CHRISTIAN AMERICAN woman, I AM SICK and TIRED of the DOUBLE STANDARDS!
    I LOVE our PRESIDENT and want him to succeed!

• Louise Harsha

03/08/2019 11:28 PM

Inch by inch out country is going down the tubes.:-(

• Susanna

03/08/2019 11:00 PM

It would be interesting to note whether Omar is still a virgin after two marriages? No children from a Muslim belief system would be a humiliation.

• Susanna

03/08/2019 10:46 PM

• Sid Levin

03/08/2019 10:25 PM

Mike, the Muslims areTAUGHT to hate Jews (and everyone else who is NOT Muslim) from the time of their birth. Their Koran is Full of hatred to non-Muslims, and are directed to kill or enslave the infidels. They are the only ones who actively enslave people TODAY, over a hundred and fifty years after the normal nations ended slavery and actually actively worked to capture slave ships sailing from Africa with slaves captured by Muslims. Mike, how many millions have been murdered by Muslims over the years? Remember that Hitler (May his name be wiped out from history) actively met with the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, who helped Hitler formulate the “final solution”. Don’t forget the two (2) Muslim divisions in the SS (including SS 13th division “Handshar”.

• Scott Schriver

03/08/2019 10:09 PM

What is striking to me is how ill-qualified she is to be in Congress, and that no one seems to be concentrating on this. Yes, she was elected, but why is someone with a political science degree, and a working history as a nutrition educator, making national news for her opinions. I'm really surprised anyone is listening to her.

• Dennis Davis

03/08/2019 10:03 PM

Well Thomas Jefferson if not mistaking in my history he warned about Islamic Muslims and their hate and killings etc.. Back in the 90's coming onto what we called K2000 our company was bring in India and those from Muslim countries by the thousands. These Muslims would go to the side walks or parking lots put down their pray rugs for hours. They were rude and spiteful people. I tried to warn people back then we need to make sure that ISLAM is never allowed to get into our legal and government systems but as usual no one listened.
    We must stop them from entering our government offices and school systems. We need legislation just as President our elected officials must be born of a US Citizen and within the USA. These Islamic Muslims are of evil for Islam is evil and a false religion I call it a cult.
    Jacobs troubles is now hitting the USA and must be stopped. Islam hates all and now that the KKK endorses them we can now see the true colors of the democrats who were the ones who created the KKK to keep black Americans in their place and to kill all Jews and now we see the democrats standing up for this evil Islamic Muslim. I know how can I be so mean well truth hurts. Read the Quran. Well got this off my chest to bad no one listened to Thomas Jefferson..

• Laurie Hansen

03/08/2019 08:25 PM

Hello Mr. Huckabee,
    Thank you always for your clear, concise, and balanced perspective on this topic and current happenings that affect our country. I turn to your blogs etc. for a much needed dose of sanity.

There is much about these frosh representatives that disturbs me. In particular, I find it very telling that none of them have displayed or voiced any gratitude for America...only criticism, hatred, and vitriol. They all have the "entitlement" attitude...that America owes THEM something. I have empathy and compassion for folks coming from less than desirable circumstances. What's troubling is that once here, they forget what they left...they had nothing. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!

I appreciate your insights, Mr. Huckabee. Keep up the good work.

• Deborah Hooks

03/08/2019 07:57 PM

This has to be stopped. We must realize what is happening in our country. We must remember who we are as the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Nothing less.

• Linda Kain

03/08/2019 07:55 PM

Has anyone requested or seen her naturalization papers? If not, wht not? Weee they needed in order for her to be on the ballot? If the "Muslim" card is played with this request, could she not be expelled from Congress for not providing such papers?

• June Archer

03/08/2019 05:05 PM

So what do we do Mike--this stuff keeps happening--this nation is falling apart. Please tell me what we can do. The Dem voters in Michigan are griping about their Dem Gov. Where is the thought process in these northern states--do they read about the candidates before pressing the lever. I'm glad I am old I won't live to see the demoralization of our once great country. They will probably vote in the assisted suicide or elderly removal next. May God help us all--that is if in a few years anyone believes in God at all. WAKE UP AMERICA before it is too late.

• Firewagon

03/08/2019 05:01 PM

MN is one of those states housing enclaves of 'non-assimilating' Muslim communities. They even follow the Sharia Law mess, and not America's 'Rule of Law!' "....“Ahmed Nur Said Elmi,” a man she claims was a British citizen." Uh huh, a lot of "British citizens" named 'Ahmed' these days, and many more setting themselves up in America.

So it begins, boys and girls, get foot in the door, don't assimilate, get elected to all levels of government, all the way to the top. How many countries have already seen this movie? I'll admit, I do not buy the regurgitated refrain of "peaceful Muslims." I also know an 'American weakness' when I see one - "we must accept ALL religions without question," even those dedicated to 'killing' all infidels. That "Trojan horse" is here folks, and there are several from inside already walking the halls in our Federal government!

Call me an "Islamophobe" because I do believe: "Islam is a caustic blend of paganism and twisted Bible stories. Muhammad, its lone "prophet", who made no prophecies, conceived his religion to satiate his lust for power, sex, and money. He was a terrorist." BibleProbe.com

• Michael W Brewster

03/08/2019 04:58 PM

Find the Truth!! Investigate!

• Ruby Howell

03/08/2019 04:27 PM

She should be investigated for all thinks memtioned in this article. How could she be a member of Congress when her loyalty is to her Muslim upbringing. I see her as a threat to national security. The Democrats have let the enemy to ur Nation to be a major part of Congress. I am concerned that she will try to destroy America as an enemy from within. Get her out of Congress

• John Gore

03/08/2019 04:17 PM

Just a reminder of how we ended up with Rep. Omar in Congress. President Obama allowed over 150,000 Somalian refugees to enter the US, and the largest number of Somalians subsequently settled (or were relocated) in Minneapolis. One of the consequences: Ms. Omar goes to Washington.

• Peggy Kost

03/08/2019 04:03 PM

Dishonesty, an evil the likes of which I have ever seen in my life. Governor, there is a spiritual battle raging. The appearance is showing the liberals as winning. I thank God that He will have the final say. The attack on Christian’s from the left to silence and the physical attack is at an all time high. We need to keep our eyes upon and trust Jesus. God bless you and Sarah for bringing the darkness into the light. Please keep on doing just that...

• Gregory Schneider

03/08/2019 04:01 PM

Thanks for reporting this Governor, as a former Democrat, I left the Democratic Party in 2004, I considered myself a Blue Dog, I can say there are no more Blue Dogs and Pro Life Democrats, I happen to be a traditional Catholic, I’m very discerning what I read , I no longer watch TV since the Media is controlled by Socialist Democrats, we need to be aware of the dangers to our society, I believe in the rule of law,I do hold Libertarian views , I do believe that less Government is the better way to go, as a Christian I love those that are of the Jewish faith especially due to the fact that Jesus is a Jew

• Jan Barwick

03/08/2019 03:52 PM

Thank you for investigating this Minnesota freshman representative. I can't say I admire her due to her comments and ideas. Also, she's a democrat. No support from me.

• Joseph

03/08/2019 03:46 PM

As I have said many times Moslems don't assimilate because their religion doesn't allow it. She is a citizen of this Country she should abide by this Country's laws period. The fact that any moslems are allowed here is an abomination to Western Civilization. Americans stand for freedom and peace while Islam stands for conquest and subjugation. The fact that Democrats have backed an enemy of this Country and the world shows how far left the party has slipped.

• JoAnn wiese

03/08/2019 03:40 PM

How was she ever considered legal to run for office?
    Who voted her in?
    How do we get her and “.O” out of Congress?
    How can we get our country back?

• Christina cramer

03/08/2019 03:40 PM

Omar is a terrorist sympathizer. Linda Sarsour and Hamas terrorists were in the capitol building during the resolution yesterday backing her. Where is our security and intelligence apparatus in not investigating this????

• Marjorie N. Moore

03/08/2019 03:39 PM

This womans back ground should be investigated throughly. I believe she will be trouble in the position she is in now.

• Joanne Sgrignoli

03/08/2019 03:27 PM

The man identified as Omar's second husband was identified as having the same father as her. That would make him her brother.

Omar follows Islam's Totalitarian Doctrine which includes Sharia Law. This is in opposition with our Constitution. How can anyone who believes in Islam's Political Doctrine be allowed to hold public office. Big mistake.

• Gretchen Grant

03/08/2019 03:23 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the precedence set by B. Hussein Obama to seal all of his records ie. birth, college, immigration, children's births, marriage and on and on. Why wouldn't another muslim feel she can do the same and get away with it. After all it seems she is, isn't she. I was raised, as a Christian, to believe in Israel and have taught my children and grandchildren the same. God will never allow Israel to be destroyed by these hate mongers.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Immutable laws of life

Sarah's story

"Love your neighbor"

ISIS reduced to memes

• Danny Powers

03/09/2019 08:26 AM

• Terri Curry

03/09/2019 07:32 AM

LOVE your comments and your dry sense of humor!!( I follow you on Twitter too)
    I LOVE our PRESIDENT and want him to succeed!

• Louise Harsha

03/08/2019 10:09 PM

• Dennis Davis

03/08/2019 10:03 PM

• Laurie Hansen

03/08/2019 08:25 PM

Hello Mr. Huckabee,

I appreciate your insights, Mr. Huckabee. Keep up the good work.

• Deborah Hooks

03/08/2019 07:57 PM

• Linda Kain

03/08/2019 07:55 PM

• June Archer

03/08/2019 05:05 PM

• Firewagon

03/08/2019 05:01 PM

• Michael W Brewster

03/08/2019 04:58 PM

Find the Truth!! Investigate!

• Ruby Howell

03/08/2019 04:27 PM

• John Gore

03/08/2019 04:17 PM

• Peggy Kost

03/08/2019 04:03 PM

• Gregory Schneider

03/08/2019 04:01 PM

• Jan Barwick

03/08/2019 03:52 PM

• Joseph

03/08/2019 03:46 PM

• JoAnn wiese

03/08/2019 03:40 PM

How was she ever considered legal to run for office?
    Who voted her in?
    How do we get her and “.O” out of Congress?
    How can we get our country back?

• Christina cramer

03/08/2019 03:40 PM

• Marjorie N. Moore

03/08/2019 03:39 PM

• Joanne Sgrignoli

03/08/2019 03:27 PM

• Gretchen Grant

03/08/2019 03:23 PM

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

Immutable laws of life

Sarah's story

"Love your neighbor"

ISIS reduced to memes

• Danny Powers

03/09/2019 08:26 AM

• Terri Curry

03/09/2019 07:32 AM

LOVE your comments and your dry sense of humor!!( I follow you on Twitter too)
    I LOVE our PRESIDENT and want him to succeed!

• Louise Harsha

03/08/2019 10:09 PM

• Dennis Davis

03/08/2019 10:03 PM

• Laurie Hansen

03/08/2019 08:25 PM

Hello Mr. Huckabee,

I appreciate your insights, Mr. Huckabee. Keep up the good work.

• Deborah Hooks

03/08/2019 07:57 PM

• Linda Kain

03/08/2019 07:55 PM

• June Archer

03/08/2019 05:05 PM

• Firewagon

03/08/2019 05:01 PM

• Michael W Brewster

03/08/2019 04:58 PM

Find the Truth!! Investigate!

• Ruby Howell

03/08/2019 04:27 PM

• John Gore

03/08/2019 04:17 PM

• Peggy Kost

03/08/2019 04:03 PM

• Gregory Schneider

03/08/2019 04:01 PM

• Jan Barwick

03/08/2019 03:52 PM

• Joseph

03/08/2019 03:46 PM

• JoAnn wiese

03/08/2019 03:40 PM

How was she ever considered legal to run for office?
    Who voted her in?
    How do we get her and “.O” out of Congress?
    How can we get our country back?

• Christina cramer