Laura Ainsworth responds to a reader comment on her “Michelle O” prediction...

From Tom:

Well, I'd prefer Biden over Michelle, but let's face it, Michelle is much better than many other Democratic candidates who are so far left they make Vladimir Illyich Lenin look right of center.

I'll gladly vote for Trump over Michelle, but at least I don't think I'll need to immediately emigrate if she's elected. Most of the others would almost guarantee commencement of the final demise of the USA.

The election will turn on the Independents. We need to make sure that the malfeasance of the Obama-legacy FBI-DOJ-CIA incumbents is out there constantly for the independents to see. The rest of us conservatives already know how President Obama's appointees bent, broke, or trashed Constitutional protections.

From Laura:

I’m with you on your third paragraph. But I don’t know how you reconcile what you said about President Obama’s administration with your relative lack of worry about Michelle (or Biden) being in power. Do you not think a Michelle Obama administration would bend, break and trash the Constitution every bit as much as the Barack Obama administration did? Why the heck not? And do you think our institutions will survive another such episode? I have serious doubts.

Right now, the candidates are simply “positioning” themselves within the pack, and their efforts are totally contrived, led by pollsters. For example, right now Kamala Harris is trying to distance herself somewhat –- not too much, not too little –-- from the word “socialist,” but it means nothing. This California senator would govern just as far to the left as any of the other people on that list. She supported the “Green Deal” and wants to end all private health insurance, for gosh sake. “Running to the left,” “running to the middle” --- it’s all just part of the game. I don’t care about these phony campaign messages; I just want to have an idea of what they would actually do once in office. And NONE of them would do what needs to be done for this country --- just the opposite. They would move very swiftly and aggressively in the opposite direction.

In fact, one point I made in the Michelle O piece was that EVERY potential candidate on that list would be a DISASTER policy-wise if elected. A vote for any of them is a vote for the farthest-far-left of the Democratic Party. Michelle Obama vs. Joe Biden is a non-choice; flip a coin and say your prayers, as they’re both equally bad.

Maybe the Democrats' obsessive search for a candidate of the correct race and gender is a tacit admission that they would all govern pretty much the same. As long as they’re all essentially alike when it comes to their politics, with essentially no diversity of thought, why not use racial/ethnic/gender diversity to make the call? That’s the only kind of diversity they offer voters.

The days when we could vote “for the person” are, unfortunately, over. You’re voting for the whole team, and Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are the co-captains. The Republican team has its problems, for sure, but it’s the best option we have. There are still at least a few Republicans who care about the Constitution and the law.  The Democratic team for 2020 has got to be carried off the field on stretchers and sidelined for the rest of the season and beyond. The most important thing to keep in mind is that, practically speaking, the Democratic Party is now so far left that no candidate is better than any other. It has to be to defeated, no matter who its nominee is.

LEAVE A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  WE READ THEM!

Immutable laws of life

Sarah's story

"Love your neighbor"

ISIS reduced to memes

• Rosemary Heck

02/22/2019 01:04 PM

I totally agree! The democrats are so far left that they are a danger to this country! It seems that they are hell bent to destroy the USA they must be stopped! Vote Trump 2020!

• Charlotte christensen

02/22/2019 12:58 PM

I am so glad we have a President who believes in our country! I will vote for him again and never democrat! The options we have on the left are terrifying choices.

• Gretchen Grant

02/22/2019 12:50 PM

At my age I don't think my health could take another Obama in the WH especially since I'd lose the health care I now have. For that matter I don't think my health or my future could handle another so far to the left Dem candidate. As Laura said, one is as bad as the other. President Donald Trump 2020, Still MAGA!

• Nancy Mezza

02/22/2019 12:40 PM

You are spot on Laura. For most of my life I considered myself an independent. While I'm frustrated with the GOP, it's simply not possible to vote for a Democrat anymore. For anything!

Laura Ainsworth responds to a reader comment on her “Michelle O” prediction...

From Tom:

From Laura:

LEAVE A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  WE READ THEM!

Immutable laws of life

Sarah's story

"Love your neighbor"

ISIS reduced to memes

• Rosemary Heck

02/22/2019 01:04 PM

• Charlotte christensen

02/22/2019 12:58 PM

• Gretchen Grant

02/22/2019 12:50 PM

• Nancy Mezza

02/22/2019 12:40 PM

Laura Ainsworth responds to a reader comment on her “Michelle O” prediction...

From Tom:

From Laura:

LEAVE A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  WE READ THEM!

Immutable laws of life