October 25, 2018

My readers know I see their comments, though it’s impossible to answer them all personally.  It’s great when people agree with me and appreciate what I have to say, or even get a laugh, but I don’t see my writings as some kind of “safe space” in which I’m just preaching to the choir and not being challenged in any way by people of a different political or philosophical persuasion.

That’s why I’ve chosen to respond to reader John E’s comment on my just-for-fun essay, “20 Questions for Rod Rosenstein.”  He sent several additional questions for Rosenstein to answer, none having the least bit to do with what Rosenstein is being called in to talk about, and none of them for fun (too bad), but all having to do with Trump, some of them concerning his activities and investments from years gone by.  Maybe he was just trying to be snarky, but I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he genuinely desires answers.  Oh, and he finished with a special question just for me, I guess because he likes me so much.

Since Rosenstein isn’t answering questions right now and perhaps will be taking his sweet time about it, I thought I’d go ahead and surprise John E by answering all of his questions myself, as matter-of-factly as possible while trying to stay brief.  Keep in mind that some of the questions could have entire books written about them; in fact, they probably have.  I’m not a lawyer, either, as Rosenstein is, but here goes...

Q:  How many people got defrauded by Trump University?

A:  Trump University was never an accredited school; in that sense, yes, it should have had quotation marks around the word “University.”  (Towards the end of its life, its name was changed to “The Trump Entrepreneur Initiative.”)  It gave no college credit, didn’t grant degrees or grade its students, and it did use hard-sell marketing techniques.  The civil case brought by New York state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and joined by two suits in California was settled for $25 million.  According to Wikipedia, about 7,000 former students –- another source said 5,000 –- were at some point part of the class action, but since it was settled there was no verdict, so there was no legal determination that they were “defrauded” and I can’t give you a number.  As far as I know, those who stayed in were paid according to the settlement, and the lawyers (at least the ones in New York) reportedly worked pro bono to bring the case against Trump.

ARE YOU VOTING IN THE MIDTERM ELECTIONS? LET ME KNOW HERE>>>

1,000,000 IDENTIFIED VOTERS GOAL!  RESPOND TODAY!

Q:  Why did then-attorneys general of Florida and Texas stop their prosecutions of Trump University (about the same time they got campaign contributions from Donald)?

A:  In 2010, Texas Attorney General (now Governor) Gregg Abbott investigated Trump University, but when he asked for customer lists and other documents, the company simply ceased operating in Texas.  (My understanding is that it hadn’t done much there and was just about to shut down completely.)  Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi was challenged on the timing of a $25,000 donation to a pro-Bondi group called “And Justice For All,” but she had solicited that donation months before the lawsuit was at issue.

Q:  How did Trump manage to avoid the normal investigations by the NJ Gaming Commission when he was applying for his casino license?

A:  Do you mean his tax returns?  According to CNN, he did supply five years of returns to the New Jersey Casino Control Commission as required to get his license.  It was understood that they wouldn’t be made public unless they were introduced as evidence in court proceedings about casino licenses, which didn’t happen.  Also, it seems his casinos did face quite a lot of scrutiny by the Commission and paid a total of over $1 million in fines.  The rulings on any of the casino violations did not implicate Trump personally.

Q:  Why have so many people from Trump’s campaign pleaded guilty?

A:  No one in Trump’s campaign has pleaded guilty to anything having to do with Russia, and after more than two years there is still no evidence that anyone “colluded.”  (To find a campaign that actually did collude, check out Hillary’s; the evidence is clear.)  A good example of one of these guilty pleas is that of former national security advisor Gen. Michael Flynn, whose name was illegally unmasked from classified documents and who, after decades of service to his country, lost his job and home.  To end the legal nightmare, he pleaded guilty to lying to FBI questioners when even THEY didn’t think he had been trying to deceive them.

Q:  Why does Trump use Hitler’s propaganda technique called “The Big Lie”?

A:  The Big Lie is a strategy of propaganda focused on the large-scale dissemination of one main lie propped up by many smaller, supporting lies underneath.  Naziism (National Socialism) was held up by one huge, despicable lie:  that Jews were to blame for the defeat in World War I and must be purged from the population.  There is no word harsh enough to express how strongly I disagree with anyone who compares Trump’s communication style with this monstrous type of propaganda, and your question is of the “When did you stop beating your wife” variety.  But as long as we’re talking about big lies, how about this one:  “Republicans are evil, greedy racists who want to kill black people and push Granny’s wheelchair over the cliff”?  I hear that whopper every day.

Q:  Why doesn’t the IRS investigate Trump for tax fraud?

A:  The IRS doesn’t announce the names of people it is investigating.  If they were investigating Trump, we wouldn’t hear about it.  If they find something, they can bring a case when he leaves office.

Q:  What organized crime figures has Trump associated with over the years?

A:  It’s always hilarious when this question is asked about anyone who’s worked in the New York construction business.

Q:  (Asked of me specifically)  Is there any evidence that Trump is really a Christian or is he just using Evangelicals in his quest for power?

A:  You appear to have read your Saul Alinsky and know the tactics for discrediting an opposition leader.  But it won’t work.  Evangelicals have made peace with Trump’s presidency and refuse to make the perfect the enemy of the good when it comes to his leadership.  We aren’t going to pick Trump apart on his personal faith, as you would love to see us do, when he has communed with us, listened to us, learned from us, appreciated us, and supported our most dearly held views such as the value of unborn life and our rights under the Constitution.  We pray that God will guide him as he continues to grow in his leadership, and we know that God forgives.

Well, that does it.  If John E really wanted some answers, I tried to give them with facts, not with spin.  I hope I did a better job of answering questions for those on the left than, say, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez does.  Since they apparently like her a lot, it must be that their standards for accuracy aren’t very high.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Ruth Forester

10/25/2018 03:01 PM

THANK YOU, sir! YOU represent the majority of We The People in your values! You give us a means to vent our frustrations about what is being done to America! Americans want our borders secured! CONGRESS MUST get off their duffs and pass effective immigration reform AND build that wall! WE support our President in protecting us from the masses INVADING the US! With any means necessary for our defense! AND protecting our voting polls from fraud! I have already voted absentee, RED all the way! Imho, are these "IED's" just more of the leftist's efforts to make "victims" of themselves? To deflect and distract? More from that Alinskey Rule Book! I read that book, too! :P To see what the previous regime was doing! I truly believe, that DJT was the only one with the desire, means and capabilities to deal with what our country is facing, when he stepped up to strive to stem that tide of deconstruction from within!! We didn't elect him "to be our Sunday School teacher," but to lead and protect the America that we know and love! Because he does support our Constitutional rights...our national sovereignty and security! Again, THANK YOU! May God continue to Guide and Protect! <3

• Catherine Zeien

10/25/2018 02:55 PM

Hi Mike! Great answers to John E --- who seems to be a Democratic plant. His "questions" make it sooooo obvious. The "questions" made me laugh -- but you were patient and answered them anyway!!

• ROBERT MCFATE

10/25/2018 02:54 PM

It is interesting that Trump is question about his faith when Obama come right out and said that if things got bad he would follow the teaching of the Prophet (Mohammad). With that statement made in front of the General Assembly of the UN sort of gave you the idea of what his religious views were, MUSLIM.

• Thomas E. Broadbent

10/25/2018 02:06 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee: Your answers to John E were spot on, so well-defined and so well-thought out. I thoroughly enjoy reading your newsletter, and it is very rarely when I am supper busy with my writing that I might miss one. I also read your evening newsletter, as well. Here's to hoping (and praying) for landslide Republican victories across our great country! (But I'll take a victory by one or two votes, too!) I think you're right that John E. could very well have been trying to trap you in your answers, but he didn't succeed. Here's also to hoping you run for President after President Trump is finished in 2024!

• Scott Folsom

10/25/2018 01:51 PM

I know someone who enrolled in Trump University and LOVED it and is using the training to this day to earn a very comfortable income. The problem with Trump U is the same problem with everything else; 85% of the people thought that just by investing in the training they'd SUDDENLY become wealthy like Trump, without lifting a finger. When they realize they actually have to implement the training, they get angry about investing the money and Trump is such an easy target due to his wealth.

And anytime John E want's to compare President Trump's supposed "lies" to Barack's or Hillary's America destroying lies, I'd be more than happy to do so. All of the lies Trump may have told in his lifetime don't even come close to the damage Barack's and Hillary's lies have done. NOT - EVEN - CLOSE.

God Bless you Mike, President Trump & America!

• Donna Bagby

10/25/2018 01:46 PM

Thank you for answering the questions from one of your commenters; this format helped me understand the information much better. Would love to see more info in this format. By the way, I do read your blog everyday and appreciate your dedication to getting the truth out to the world (at least to those who will listen/read).

• Dawn Street

10/25/2018 01:37 PM

Thank you for clarifying how we Christians feel about and accept Donald Trump as President. When he first started his campaign, I had concerns but I had concerns about all the candidates who declared themselves in the run. I prayed about the election and Donald Trump kept floating to the top of the pool of candidates. Then he would make an absurd remark or a negative story would come out and I would pray, "Lord, are you absolutely sure about this one?" The closer the election came, the more confident I felt that God had His Hand on Donald Trump and who am I to question God's choice. I watched as pastors and other Christians gathered around Trump to pray and I saw what appeared to be discomfort at first. As the prayers continued, I saw President Trump relax and accept the prayers.

God brought to my mind the stories of others He used in the Bible to draw the Israelites back from the precipice of destruction - Moses, King David, Abraham, Jacob/Israel, Rahab, Tamar... And the biggest one was Cyrus. God named him 500 years (not sure of that timeframe but I know it was a biggie) before he appeared on the scene. Amazing. He was an infidel!! God used him in a great way. I felt a peace about Donald Trump being God's man for our time, for our nation. I had the sense that this was God's last chance for us and we had better make the best of it.

I am appalled by the attacks that have been launched against our President and VP, against the Justices he is appointing, against his staff and against other Christians. I pray daily for these attacks to fall harmlessly to the ground, for protection for him and his family (and for the VP and Justices as well). I pray for the DemonRats to fail in their attempts to regain the House and the Senate and I pray specifically for certain candidates to fail. I pray for our President and our Vice President to succeed in the mission God has set before them. And I pray for the American people to turn back to God, to walk away from this ungodly behavior we see. I pray for the negative voices to be silenced by God and for them to see and speak truth.

I have quit watching the news. The MSM does not report it honestly and seems to be in the pockets of Obama, Soros and the Clinton Crime Syndicate. I do not trust the news. I do not trust reporters.

I have watched churches fall by the wayside in these Last Days. It breaks my heart to see them follow men instead of God. The Word is not being preached in so many churches. They are Anti-Israel and pro Socialism. The pastors are ear ticklers. I am being very broad in this and I am sure there are many churches and many pastors who are doing well. Just not in our area.

I do pray for our churches and pastors to return to their first love. I pray for our nation to remember and return to our roots, Judaeo-Christian. I pray for protection of our Republic and for protection of our Constitution and our Bill of Rights. I pray for protection of our nation from the invasion of illegal aliens who do not obey our laws and who will not obey our laws and are becoming an anchor around our necks.

God bless you and God bless these United States.

• Bennye St Claire

10/25/2018 01:33 PM

You know mike, I have been listening and reading your comments for years. In this newsletter and in many other places. This is, however, the first time I have detected a little anger in your responses. You did well. Not just because you are from my part of the world and I have known your family for a very long time but because you more times than not hit the nail on the head. Although I do not agree with you a lot of the time your positions are of great interest to me and the balance of the flyover folks out there.

• Bennye St Claire

10/25/2018 01:33 PM

• Bennye St Claire

10/25/2018 01:32 PM

• Frank Chavez

10/25/2018 01:26 PM

Well said!!

• Lisa Ford

10/25/2018 01:19 PM

Gov. Huckabee, Thank you. But I too have a puzzling question.

I am Catholic. Everyday in the Catholic Church, we all here & around the world read the same Scriptures. Whether we attend Mass or not. We read an OT scripture, a Psalm, an epistle & of course a Gospel reading, along with our prayers.

So today's Gospel was from, Luke 12:49-53. It's all about Jesus: a cause of division. As I inderstand it, Jesus' proclamation of the kingdom is a refining & purifying fire. His message is met with acceptance or rejection. And it will be a source of conflict & dissension even within families.

Can this scripture be applied to what is going on right now in our country? People who are against God, hate us so much & we are told to treat them with the love of Jesus. Just like in the old BenHur movie. Jesus need not speak, but His love was overwhelming. Talk is kinda cheap, isn't it? True love is overwhelming & very much welcome.

Maybe that's the message God wants told. Love overwhelming, not by words, but action.

As St Francis used to always say. Preach always & only when absolutely necessary, use words.

Thanks for listening. Sometimes it just helps to put it into words.

God is good, all the time!

• Firewagon

10/25/2018 01:16 PM

LOL! Not at your answers Gov., just that you would presuppose this 'John' would acknowledge, anymore than does Juan Williams, that any conservative could be justified by something as insignificant as "facts!" There is no 'reasoning' with the 'unreasonable,' and certainly there is no possibility of a logical discussion with those blinded by their dogma.

• Margie Forester

10/25/2018 01:06 PM

Gov. Huckabee, thanks for your daily informative messages. You do a good job! Appreciate you taking time and effort to share with us.

• James Conklin

10/25/2018 12:48 PM

This seems like a GREAT solution to the caravan problem. Please forward to whomever you believe can take action. Thanks.
    1) DJT Declares A National Emergency, Call Up The Military...
    the real military, not NG.
    2) Use Corps Of Engineers To Erect several open air holding facilities, complete with razor wire. Staff with USMC. Have busses at crossings to convey all who want to willingly cross to the pens. Sort migrants to pens based on country of origin. Provide Portalets, mre's, water and blankets.
    3) Simultaneously, but within a day or so, send 75 NG C-130 transport planes (which can operate from mainly unimproved desert strips). Each can handle 100 or more passengers with ease. Load them on busses, give each a visa application, and deliver them to the planes. fly them back to their country of origin under military guard, accompanied by US fighter escort.
    4) Deduct the cost of the entire operation proportionately from the 'foreign aid' normally given to each country.

It will be over quick, and will serve as a lesson to future mobs.
    Too simple? Won't happen? Don't count on it....DJT is pretty well pissed, and all the above is perfectly legal under existing national law.

• Sue Woods

10/25/2018 12:33 PM

Very good article. Your answers were right on. I agree the left has a very low bar when it comes to the accuracy of what they will believe. Like bombs that aren't bombs and were never mailed because they have no canceled stamps. Maybe gag gifts given out at the last anti-Trump think tank meeting that could be put out at a moments notice to distract from something good Trump might do. Give Sarah a high five from us patriots. She does a great job. You raised her right (must have kept her away from Biden!)

• ANN L BRUCE-PINEDA

10/25/2018 12:27 PM

Great article directed at an obvious opponent but answering some of my questions, too. Ben Shapiro says he always listens to questions after speaking at universities. He also asks those who disagree with him to go first. Speaking of opponents, Preacher Mike, don't the "packages" seem like friendly fire to you? Flag and Cross, whose Twitter account had been suspended before this, comments in a recent article that the far left was not targeted, only globalists, the first being Soros, and mainly very wealthy politicians and MSM. The far left hates Debbie due to what she did to Bernie.

• Dee Dee Snyder

10/25/2018 12:22 PM

I appreciate your attention to details which state facts rather than fiction. The results may not be what some want to hear, but it is what it is, because of the laws (and loop holes) we have allowed our leaders to create for us.
    Thank you for being the voice for those of us who believe in what God created for America and her prople.
    God Bless you and America!

• Susan Sarsfield

10/25/2018 12:22 PM

Governor, you could not have answered Mr E's questions any better or more honestly. Unfortunately, so many people like him will never accept the facts and the truth about President Trump because of their hatred and ignorance. They are not seeking the truth. It would have been perfect to see you sit down with him and watch his jaw drop!
    Love your commentaries because you always see the brighter side:)

• Maria Rocha

10/25/2018 12:19 PM

Thank you saved it!
    READY to answer my relatives in California!

• SUZANNE E WALL

10/25/2018 12:10 PM

Thank you, Mike for answering these questions. I believe the "big" lie(s) are those coming mostly from the progressive left. Unfortunately, the democrat party has moved passed it's more moderate goals and understandings of the Republic and our Constitution. Again, thank you. Suz

• Neal Adam

10/25/2018 12:05 PM

Hi Mike,
    I recently donated, but didn't have time to do a comment then. I do appreciate your column and your stance. My comment/question: I have become so disgusted with the RNC that I now refuse to donate to them, mainly because I am tired of those Republicans that we did elect failing to support Trump and the positions they claimed to support; also because they seem to spend so much time throwing up their hands in horror every time the media comes up with some 'alleged' atrocity that he has committed. My intention in my donations is to support conservative values (which for now seems to mean supporting Trump's policies), but to not support the RNC because they cannot be depended on. So how do we get that message to the RNC and our republican candidates/representatives?

• Rick Jackson

10/25/2018 12:03 PM

Mike, my wife and I love your TV show and watch it every week. My comment is just something that I wonder about and not necessarily for you to answer ... I have read all that I could find on the military’s ADS, the Active Denial System. It would seem to me that it would be a big help in controlling large unruly crowds such as the large number of invaders on our southern border. I would just like to know if it is being considered and if not, why? I know this is something not in your control, I would just like to know what you think about it.
    Thanks Mike!

• Richard Ward

10/25/2018 11:58 AM

Excellent, clear and factual rebuttal of the accusatory questions from John E. You and Sarah are 'brought to the kingdom for such a time as this.'

• Rev. RG Wormdahl

10/25/2018 11:58 AM

Great job on answering "John E.'s questions. It is more than OBVIOUS that "John E." is a Democrat wonk.

October 25, 2018

Q:  How many people got defrauded by Trump University?

ARE YOU VOTING IN THE MIDTERM ELECTIONS? LET ME KNOW HERE>>>

1,000,000 IDENTIFIED VOTERS GOAL!  RESPOND TODAY!

Q:  Why have so many people from Trump’s campaign pleaded guilty?

Q:  Why does Trump use Hitler’s propaganda technique called “The Big Lie”?

Q:  Why doesn’t the IRS investigate Trump for tax fraud?

Q:  What organized crime figures has Trump associated with over the years?

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Ruth Forester

10/25/2018 03:01 PM

• Catherine Zeien

10/25/2018 02:55 PM

• ROBERT MCFATE

10/25/2018 02:54 PM

• Thomas E. Broadbent

10/25/2018 02:06 PM

• Scott Folsom

10/25/2018 01:51 PM

God Bless you Mike, President Trump & America!

• Donna Bagby

10/25/2018 01:46 PM

• Dawn Street

10/25/2018 01:37 PM

God bless you and God bless these United States.

• Bennye St Claire

10/25/2018 01:33 PM

• Bennye St Claire

10/25/2018 01:33 PM

• Bennye St Claire

10/25/2018 01:32 PM

• Frank Chavez

10/25/2018 01:26 PM

Well said!!

• Lisa Ford

10/25/2018 01:19 PM

Gov. Huckabee, Thank you. But I too have a puzzling question.

Thanks for listening. Sometimes it just helps to put it into words.

God is good, all the time!

• Firewagon

10/25/2018 01:16 PM

• Margie Forester

10/25/2018 01:06 PM

• James Conklin

10/25/2018 12:48 PM

1) DJT Declares A National Emergency, Call Up The Military...
    the real military, not NG.

It will be over quick, and will serve as a lesson to future mobs.

• Sue Woods

10/25/2018 12:33 PM

• ANN L BRUCE-PINEDA

10/25/2018 12:27 PM

• Dee Dee Snyder

10/25/2018 12:22 PM

God Bless you and America!

• Susan Sarsfield

10/25/2018 12:22 PM

Love your commentaries because you always see the brighter side:)

• Maria Rocha

10/25/2018 12:19 PM

Thank you saved it!
    READY to answer my relatives in California!

• SUZANNE E WALL