August 24, 2018

From reader Martha Barrett: “Thanks for sharing this information; it makes so much sense. We knew President Trump’s hands were tied, but did not understand the kind of knot that was being used.”

From reader Thomas R. Beckwith: “All of this nonsense is destroying the USA we once knew. I don’t know how anything good can come out of this mess. I truly feel saddened for what we will be passing on to the next generation of Americans.”

From reader Kathleen Hammad: What I cannot understand is why the Republicans in the House and Senate don’t demand equal justice for their own side of the political aisle; why is Hillary still free to roam the woods? Why do the Dems get away with so much stuff while it sticks like glue to the side of the patriots? Why isn’t Congress addressing these issues at the core?”

…………...

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:  Dems ready to launch all-out war on President Trump

My commentary on the Democrats’ stunning plan to wage all-out war on the President if he makes a move to fire or pardon anyone involved with the “Russia” investigation has generated many impassioned responses. I share your dismay and disgust, especially in light of yesterday’s breaking news that the publisher of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER has received immunity for testimony concerning Michael Cohen’s payment to that publication to stop the “Karen” story. (“Immunity” for what? We can see where this is going.) Many readers offered suggestions: that Trump should just fire them all anyway and hang the consequences, that the only thing left to do is pray, that we’re headed for civil war.

Yes, as I said, these people deserve to go.  Rosenstein, in particular, has no business whatsoever overseeing the Mueller investigation for the reasons I outlined.  But Trump is smart not to fire them right now.  The Democrats who have spent the past year organizing their response would LOVE THAT.  Certainly his lawyers and some of his Republican friends in Congress are aware of the plot and have advised him.  The firestorm it would create would be unimaginably damaging to our country.

But so is the current situation.  Their strategy has been to legally tie Trump’s hands so tightly that he can’t even function as President.  (The argument that Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh can’t be confirmed with the President “under investigation” is one prime example.)  So, how should he react?  I’m not an attorney, but as long as his lawyers see no huge downside to my suggestions, here they are:

–- DO NOT sit down for an interview with any of these vipers---I mean, investigators.

–- Under present circumstances, DO NOT fire Mueller, Rosenstein or Sessions.

--- DO NOT even talk about pardoning anyone.

–- STOP tweeting about any of this.  Tweet only positive news.  (Many readers will second this!)

--- Move NOW to declassify all materials on FBI “investigations” of himself and Hillary.

Clearly –- I’m echoing reader Kathleen here –- Republicans in Congress and the Senate are going to have to step in forcefully.  THEY have oversight of the FBI.  THEY have the power of impeachment and may need to use that tool.  Perhaps THEY can induce a few resignations.  We’ve got some in the GOP who are letting this travesty go on, and that needs to stop NOW.  Our country is at stake.

So we have a part to play, too.  Whatever political pressure needs to be applied on Republicans to get them to act, we must apply it.  See how mobilized the Democrats are?  They will stop at nothing to run over us –- in court, in the media, in the entertainment culture, and in the entrenched government bureaucracy.  To avoid certain disaster, we must make ABSOLUTELY SURE in November that Congress remains in Republican hands.  And we must DEMAND that House and Senate Republicans step up and stop this nightmare.

In the meantime, I’ll caution the President again to just continue doing his excellent job and stay above the fray. As eloquent reader Dollie Pruitt said to me: “I agree with you and some Dems are rotten to the core, but I do with Trump would shut up and saw wood.”

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Barbara Gray

08/24/2018 11:31 AM

We talked about this in our prayer meeting this past week. I know many will not agree (but a lot will). The President is in a situation like Job. He has the devil fighting for his control not just over Donald J Trump but his control over the country. Many of main stream America are Christians and our faith has been challenged for many years. For a while we sat back and didn't say much. But now we have stepped up and the President is working for us. He (DJT) may not be the best example of Christianity, but he is doing a lot of things to challenge the views of those who are not Christian. At least now we can say, Merry Christmas, again. We, as Christians, need to keep the President in our prayers. Satan has a strong following in our world, but God is still in control.

• Dolores

08/24/2018 11:29 AM

Ok Everyone, the die is cast. Every man or woman who has ever engaged in extramarital affairs can now be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I guess that will clog the legal system for many centuries and crash the GoFundMe site. And while we’re on the subject, why can Casenes’ supporters claim that his drugging and fondling of an employee’s young daughter should be excused because it happened before he won a congressional seat, and yet the President cannot be excused for having a relationship with professional “working girls”? Just asking.

• Nancy Reed

08/24/2018 11:24 AM

The Deep State is deeper than anyone can imagine. Mueller was hired to investigate RUSSIAN collusion...not this crap. And what about the Clinton Organization. ..what a joke. I really would like to find an atoll to live out the rest of my life. This is like the mafia in the 1930's.

• Harry Tribby

08/24/2018 11:23 AM

Governor Huckabee, Thank you for your insights on this and other issues. It is disheartening to see the Democratic Party, the party I was once a member of, seemingly going to any length to bring down President Trump including destroying the very country that they proclaim to love. But my biggest concern isn't so much that the Democratic members of Congress and some Republicans are attempting to achieve. My biggest concern is the many American people who have bought into what is going on in Washington see nothing wrong with what the Democrats are trying to do. My other concern is what appears to be a lack of backbone of the Republican members of Congress to take the Democrats on! God have mercy on the United States of America!

• Stephen Russell

08/24/2018 11:22 AM

Options:
    If situation changes, I say fire Sessions.
    Hold back & wait for timing to fire.
    Event comes to force hand then Fire others?
    Heard nothing on AG for these events IE probe Hillary email server etc alone.,
    Nothing.
    Need some other event to catch Dems off guard.
    Then move in.
    Unless Sessions steps up to plate.
    Sessions is:
    Turncoat
    Held sway by others
    Niave as AG
    Or wed see some action beyond Immigration enforcement actions to the media.
    Maybe IM wrong.

• Tina Meyers

08/24/2018 11:06 AM

He certainly can't fire them until after midterms, unfortunately. Then fire away. These people are a drain on everyone with nothing to show for it, because there is nothing to show

August 24, 2018

…………...

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:  Dems ready to launch all-out war on President Trump

–- Under present circumstances, DO NOT fire Mueller, Rosenstein or Sessions.

--- DO NOT even talk about pardoning anyone.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Barbara Gray

08/24/2018 11:31 AM

• Dolores

08/24/2018 11:29 AM

• Nancy Reed

08/24/2018 11:24 AM

• Harry Tribby

08/24/2018 11:23 AM

• Stephen Russell

08/24/2018 11:22 AM

Options:
    If situation changes, I say fire Sessions.
    Hold back & wait for timing to fire.
    Event comes to force hand then Fire others?
    Heard nothing on AG for these events IE probe Hillary email server etc alone.,
    Nothing.
    Need some other event to catch Dems off guard.
    Then move in.
    Unless Sessions steps up to plate.
    Sessions is:
    Turncoat
    Held sway by others
    Niave as AG
    Or wed see some action beyond Immigration enforcement actions to the media.
    Maybe IM wrong.