August 30, 2018

While listening to bestselling author and FOX News analyst Gregg Jarrett host the Hannity radio show Thursday afternoon, I happened to hear him say something stunning about Jeff Sessions.

Of course, we’ve all been wondering how big a crowbar it was going to take to get Sessions out of the Attorney General’s office and if Trump’s lawyers were going to try to use physical restraint to keep him from using it, but, according to Jarrett, Sessions gave Trump a signed resignation letter in May of last year, with the understanding that Trump might or might not accept it at some point.  There was no time limit on it.  If I understood Jarrett correctly, this is something Trump has kept on hand –- perhaps it’s in his top desk drawer in the Oval Office at this very moment –- and he can pull it out whenever he thinks it’s a good time and simply accept.

This close to the midterm elections, accepting Sessions’ resignation would no doubt be met with politically-motivated outrage and be considered too distracting from important campaign issues, but...maybe afterwards?  ONE NANOSECOND afterwards??

Then he could appoint someone who will do what Sessions can’t or won’t do:  among other things, reopen the Hillary case and focus on her destruction of subpoenaed documents, investigate the origins of the Steele “dossier” (paid for by Hillary and the DNC) and the Trump/Russia probe, and produce documents that are responsive to years-old congressional committee subpoenas and Freedom of Information Act requests.

Well, I checked, and sure enough, I heard Jarrett right.  He talks about Sessions’ resignation letter in this piece for FOX News.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• KEITH RUPP

08/31/2018 10:47 AM

I have been following QAnon for a while now. I don't know if you know about QAnon or not, but it is supposed to be inside information from the Trump Administration that has a format where QAnon asks questions and posts news articles and gives hints as to what is really happening to bypass the FAKE News. According to QAnon we are supposed to "Trust Sessions and Trust the Plan" I think that the "feud" is nothing but political theater to fool the public into thinking that Sessions is doing nothing, while he is really working behind the scenes, quietly doing his job. There are over 45,000 sealed indictments that will eventually be unsealed and many arrests will be forthcoming. I believe that the truth will be told in the near future.

• Carolyn Giardina

08/31/2018 10:39 AM

Good Morning;
    Would love to hear your opinion on the face book video of Lance Wallman regarding a meeting between Trump and Christian Leaders where Trump delivers Prophetic warning to Christian Leaders. Supposely the press n attendance were dismissed before the meeting, but someone in attendance recorded the meeting without the knowledge of the President and the Christian Leaders. Real or Fake?? Thank you for clarification.

• Ari Dale

08/31/2018 10:26 AM

I am still trying to get a handle on just what kind of man Sessions is. Unfortunately, the words "weak" and "deceptive" keep recurring. I'd like to hear other theories.

• Amelia Little

08/31/2018 10:23 AM

I am also one of the those who feel that Sessions should not have accepted the position. I was listening to a program yesterday where there was talk about statute of limitations on the shenanigans we have been told of. There was not an answer to specific actions, but it seems some things might have reached that limit. One would have to wonder if all the stalling about turning over requested documents from FBI, DOJ is aimed for getting closer to any limit in hopes that the only repercussion might be bad press. Plus it gives them time to destroy some documents--maybe take a page from hilary's smashing hard drives, etc. One would wonder why Sessions doesn't step up as the boss and make them turn the documents over NOW. I don't suppose an early morning raid of the offices by the FBI would be a good idea, although I do think the majority of FBI agents are honest, hard working people, but their supervisors might be able obstruct them from doing as thorough a job as has been done to Manafort and I think it was Cohen, among others. However, there should be a raid by someone--get the documents before they can be destroyed in some manner. Sessions has done a good job in some areas, he needs to step up to the plate in this.

• Stephen Russell

08/31/2018 10:22 AM

awesome IF true, How radical since May last year, we can all breath easier now

• chester bernard mitchell

08/31/2018 10:21 AM

Jeff sessions was never more than a placeholder for Trey Gowdy now that Gowdy is available the Bulldog is going to bark

• Robert Triplett

08/31/2018 10:13 AM

While I agree fully that AG Sessions appears to have failed to perform the job for which an Attorney General is appointed, I can't ignore the fact that President Trump always seems to know what he's doing, even in the face of overwhelming "facts" to the contrary. We all know he's not afraid to say "You're Fired!" The fact that he hasn't yet leaves me wondering if he's got an angle. Time and time again, our President proves that he's playing the long game and really does know what he's doing. Politics-as-usual is typically a short game, mostly to accommodate re-election. I can't, for the life of me, figure out what his long game is with AG Sessions, but I'm fairly certain he has one. When it's all said and done, we'll probably look back and say "Oh, yeah, that makes sense now."

• Karen Hosey

08/31/2018 09:40 AM

Just want to let you know how much I enjoy your newsletters. I love the humor as well as the factual information you share. Thanks so much - and tell Sarah we love and support her as well. She's absolutely awesome!

• Robin Magargal

08/31/2018 08:11 AM

President Trump is an astute businessman and political, stable genius. I feel he should've ridded himself of Sessions as soon as he declared recusal from Russia Russia Russia fray & could've been bettered by appearing that concern for a leader to go after the hoaxie premise was his reason. At this point, Sessions has been ineffective in going after Hillary due to the same reasons he recused so he doesn't have a leg to stand on really with anything. A well-timed dismissal is coming and I trust the President will know when the time is right to let any loyalty thing go.

• Teresa Me Shue

08/31/2018 06:50 AM

Wow! I think President Trump's will wait until after primaries and accept his resignation. He needs someone that is totally supportive of him and who has the backbone to move forward with exposing Hilarie for her corruptness! I am so frustrated with no one doing anything about this!

• Kimalie Webb

08/31/2018 01:57 AM

The issue was never about firing Sessions, but REPLACING him. Early on, Senate Democrats, Lindsay Graham and John McCain swore they would block the confirmation of any replacement. Senator Grassley informed the President that he would not schedule hearings of the Judiciary Committee re: confirming a new AG for at least a year. Lindsay Graham made a public statement last week that he now believes the President is entitled to his Cabinet and would not stand in the way of Trump naming a new AG. BTW, do you think it was right for John McCain to assign Lindsay Graham, the only person outside his family who truly cared about him as a friend, to speak to an empty Senate chamber after his death, but ask people like Biden and Obama to deliver public eulogies? It seems that a true friend was slighted.

• JanC

08/30/2018 11:12 PM

I am actually very happy to hear this. It restores some of my faith in Jeff Sessions. I always admired him and I have had a hard time understanding this. This left it in the hands of the President since May. In my opinion, that is how it should be.

• Tricia Kennemer

08/30/2018 11:09 PM

I find that quite odd and unsettling.
    Is just doesn't sit right. Almost as if it is a dare...or admission of conflict of interest. I have long felt he was the mole in the campaign of DJT. He jumped on board too eagerly for someone who has a close association with HRC. Then to recuse himself and refuse to step up to prosecute...doesn't pass the smell test.

• Connie Winters

08/30/2018 11:06 PM

He may have everyone’s “resignation letter” ready and waiting to act on knowing they agreed on it when he hired them. ?????

• Mackie Braden

08/30/2018 10:21 PM

I thought that General Sessions said that he offered his letter of resignation when he finally told the President that he had recused himself in the matter of the Russian Colusion. I recall that it was the President who said it wasn’t accepted, but if he’d notified Trump of his intentions, The President would have chosen someone else.
    It would have been better had Sessions been honest in advance. President Trump would have had a better DOJ.

August 30, 2018

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• KEITH RUPP

• Kimalie Webb

08/31/2018 01:57 AM

• JanC

08/30/2018 11:12 PM

• Tricia Kennemer

08/30/2018 11:09 PM

I find that quite odd and unsettling.

• Connie Winters