June 19, 2018

The wave of newfound outrage continues to roil among liberal celebrities, politicians and news media figures over the policy of separating children from their parents who try to cross the border illegally and putting the kids into detention centers.  I’m still waiting to hear a solution that recognizes the parents’ own responsibility for putting their children in that situation.  The current options are to send the entire family back where they came from together, which both the parents and their defenders oppose; or putting them all into detention together, where the children would be exposed to adult criminals; or letting them all go free in America, which makes a mockery of the very concept of national borders and immigration law.  We know Trump's critics are outraged by the law as it is – and has been for years – but what is their solution?  Anyone? Anyone?  Bueller?...

In the meantime, they’ve latched onto an op-ed by former First Lady Laura Bush, whose heart was naturally touched by the sad plight of the children.  She compared the detention centers to the detention camps where Japanese-Americans were interred during World War II.  Of course, this excited liberals who’ve been claiming ever since Trump announced his candidacy that he wanted to put immigrants into concentration camps.  Apparently, they are willing to overlook their years of vicious attacks on Mrs. Bush’s husband if they can use her kind heart to advance their political agenda.

At the link is a very informative article written by someone whose grandparents were both interred in Japanese-American detention camps, explaining in detail why that was nothing like the current situation at the border, neither in terms of physical accommodations nor the reasons why people were placed in them.  Anyone who wants to argue this issue on the basis of facts should read it carefully.

I’ll just add something that I’ve said before and will no doubt have occasion to say again: To this date, the only US President ever to put innocent Americans/legal immigrants into detention camps purely because of their race was Democratic icon Franklin Roosevelt.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: DHS Secretary's fight in the lion's den draws a response

• Marolyn Schmidt

06/23/2018 07:46 PM

You underestimate Laura Bush and how much she and her family truly dislike Donald Trump and what he stands for. Barbara Bush would have told him in no uncertain terms what harm and disgrace he has brought to our country. You and your daughter are no better and yet you still call yourselves Christians. Lol

• Mike Arehart

06/23/2018 07:27 PM

W and Laura were both "useful idiots" to the radicals.
    Too many people got sucked into their schtick.
    Both are tactful RINOs (but I'm not telling you something you don't already know)

Thanks for listening.

• Kaye Beal

06/23/2018 06:18 PM

Has any one noticed how empty peoples eyes are and in particular, the Bushes! They have been snared by the words of their mouth! Words spoken against our president when they should at least give him some encouragement. Please pray for them before they become too reptilian!

• Vicki Powell

06/23/2018 05:35 PM

You know, I thought a lot if Laura Bush as the wife of a sitting US President, but my opinion has changed because I feel as though she "played along" as a conservative while her husband was in office, but she has been vocal of late about her support for abortion and now openly attacks our current President. She doesn't remember that her husband presided over the same facilities when he was in office. It seems as though all the Bush family is so upset at poor Jeb not getting his turn in the line of Presidential royalty, that they have been forced to show their true colors in order to show family loyalty to him. He is as pathetically a sore loser as Hillary. I don't like self serving hypocrites in either party, but I think I am more outraged at those who call themselves Republicans, but are no different than Democrats. What a disappointing let down. If we don't shut up and go along with whatever the old boys club tells us we should think, or how to vote, we become UNuseful idiots to them all. Thanks for the truth you continue to speak! My husband and I love both you and Sarah! We used to live in Arkansas, and were very proud of your tenure as governor!

• Doris Breuer

06/23/2018 05:16 PM

I wish the Bushes would go away. I don't care what they have to say about the border situation. What did her husband do about it? I'm sick of the deep state republicans spouting off about Trump. I love your daughter, she's a great role model.

• Joy Allison

06/23/2018 04:35 PM

I just finished reading a statement by Mexican presidential candidate Lopez Abrador. He said he has already told all his countrymen to move to the USA, "a mass exodus"! And also people all over the world. If I were president, I believe I would consider that a threat to our homeland. I would prepare for war by placing many armed troops on our border. And keep them there as long as I deemed it necessary to protect us. The drug cartels would be thwarted somewhat, and we would have no more "children ripped out of their mothers' arms".

• Dian Carmean

06/23/2018 04:26 PM

Best answer I can think of-------How many can you personally house and take responsibility for? We will send them right over !

• Richard Price

06/23/2018 01:01 PM

Please ask anyone you interview if they lock their doors at home. No need because everyone is wonderful...

• Cynthia zeidner

06/23/2018 05:33 AM

I'm very disappointed in former first lady Laura Bush. She shouldn't have added fuel to the fire against Pres Trump. We can expect this of Michelle Obama but not Laura Bush. I have great respect and admiration for the outstanding job your daughter is doing confronting the lies being spread about our current administration, and the poison directed at her. She's admirable. Yes raised a daughter to be proud of.

• Mabyn Shingleton

06/22/2018 04:58 PM

I am sickened by the Bush family who I mistakenly supported for years. They are just as much New World Order as was President Obama. They have not stopped one instant to see what their comments will do to help/hurt the current President. They are what I now feel is the bottom of the swamp... a place I'll never know about.

• Colleen Dispoto

06/21/2018 05:30 PM

Why is Ms. Bush just now reacting to this if it was enacted so long ago? I see it as a swipe at the POTUS
    Just sayin...

• Yvonne R. Crumpler

06/21/2018 10:23 AM

I really thought that the Former First Lady Laura Bush was intelligent, but that'w what I get for assuming something. Never assume anything will be my motto from now forward. She made a huge error in judgement by saying what she did and taking the information for being factual when it was not. My take away is never believe half what you hear and all that you see (my Mother & Father told me that.) I am disappointed in Ms. Bush.

• Ann Marie Buffa

06/21/2018 10:19 AM

I am so sad for you saying this about my President and to think you were in the same
    position yourself when your husband received this kind of backlash. I guess you rather be
    turncoats than to help this president Fix what your husband and Prior presidents failed to
    do. I feel nothing for you and your husband Now but Pitty for you abandoning this Party.
    Shame on both of You.

• MICHAEL D LONG

06/21/2018 09:48 AM

WHY ?? DO YOU ASSUME LAURA BUSH HEART IS NATURALLY TOUCHED BY THE CHILDREN.. THE BUSH FAMILY ARE OUT TO SANDBAG PRES TRUMP AND WILL SPEAK OUT TO GO AGAINST ANYHING TRUMP DOES....

• Thomas Kraft

06/21/2018 08:50 AM

She needs to get right with our Lord and quit saying stupid things the news media loves to use against us. I remember her being very liberal even when her husband was president. Made me wonder if she got him to do things wrong at that time?

• Thomas Kraft

06/21/2018 08:50 AM

• Thomas Kraft

06/21/2018 08:45 AM

• Thelma Furches

06/21/2018 05:28 AM

Thank you for your comments on current events. I look forward to your view before I make a decision on what is right or wrong.
    I also love your daughter Sarah.
    I am also disappointed with Laura Bush where was her so called compassion when President Bush was in office and the same thing was happening or when President Abama was in office and this was happening. I have loss so much respect for both of the Bush’s.

• Noralyn Sass

06/20/2018 11:42 PM

Mr. Huckabee,
    I am so tired of public opinion swinging from right to left. Why can't we all just agree this illegal immigration is not good for either adults or children and
    will never be resolved with a free pass or detention. It is a situation that seems hopeless. Will we ever resolve this problem?

• Gleneva Higley

06/20/2018 10:55 PM

I love Laura Bush and am very disappointed that she didn't do more research on what is really going on with the children at the border before she went public with her remarks. Donald Trump is doing his best to solve this problem and protect the U.S. Citizens at the same time. Shame on the Republican Congress and Senate for not supporting our President!

• maurice m calvert

06/20/2018 09:37 PM

Hey Mike, I really enjoy your comments on news matters. I believe if congress would get down on their knees and have a good ole fashioned prayer meeting led by pastor Jeffirs, a lot of problems would be solved.

• Glen R McGlone

06/20/2018 09:31 PM

Wasn't her husband President for Eight years I wonder why he didn't do anything about the problem of the Illegals at our southern border???

• Ralph Dobbins

06/20/2018 11:39 AM

This sudden focus on illegal immigration of children is the extreme left's wedge to divide the nation. Last summer they used Confederate statues with great success.

• Raymond Johnson

06/20/2018 06:53 AM

I can understand Laura's concerns, as a person. However she WAS in a position to do something about it long ago, and did nothing because it was not politically correct at the time. The entire bush bunch have proven they only have their interests at heart , NOT America's .
    If you read this please let Sara know we as Americans are proud of her.

• marcia ashcraft

06/20/2018 03:18 AM

Is the US Government sure that all these Children are with there real parents. Maybe a DNA should be done

June 19, 2018

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: DHS Secretary's fight in the lion's den draws a response

• Marolyn Schmidt

06/23/2018 07:46 PM

• Mike Arehart

06/23/2018 07:27 PM

W and Laura were both "useful idiots" to the radicals.
    Too many people got sucked into their schtick.

Thanks for listening.

• Thomas Kraft

06/21/2018 08:50 AM

• Thomas Kraft

06/21/2018 08:45 AM

• Thelma Furches

06/21/2018 05:28 AM

I also love your daughter Sarah.

• Noralyn Sass

06/20/2018 11:42 PM

Mr. Huckabee,

• Gleneva Higley

06/20/2018 10:55 PM

• maurice m calvert

06/20/2018 09:37 PM

• Glen R McGlone

06/20/2018 09:31 PM

• Ralph Dobbins

06/20/2018 11:39 AM

• Raymond Johnson

06/20/2018 06:53 AM

If you read this please let Sara know we as Americans are proud of her.

• marcia ashcraft