June 19, 2018

The wave of newfound outrage continues to roil among liberal celebrities, politicians and news media figures over the policy of separating children from their parents who try to cross the border illegally and putting the kids into detention centers.  I’m still waiting to hear a solution that recognizes the parents’ own responsibility for putting their children in that situation.  The current options are to send the entire family back where they came from together, which both the parents and their defenders oppose; or putting them all into detention together, where the children would be exposed to adult criminals; or letting them all go free in America, which makes a mockery of the very concept of national borders and immigration law.  We know Trump's critics are outraged by the law as it is – and has been for years – but what is their solution?  Anyone? Anyone?  Bueller?...

In the meantime, they’ve latched onto an op-ed by former First Lady Laura Bush, whose heart was naturally touched by the sad plight of the children.  She compared the detention centers to the detention camps where Japanese-Americans were interred during World War II.  Of course, this excited liberals who’ve been claiming ever since Trump announced his candidacy that he wanted to put immigrants into concentration camps.  Apparently, they are willing to overlook their years of vicious attacks on Mrs. Bush’s husband if they can use her kind heart to advance their political agenda.

At the link is a very informative article written by someone whose grandparents were both interred in Japanese-American detention camps, explaining in detail why that was nothing like the current situation at the border, neither in terms of physical accommodations nor the reasons why people were placed in them.  Anyone who wants to argue this issue on the basis of facts should read it carefully.

I’ll just add something that I’ve said before and will no doubt have occasion to say again: To this date, the only US President ever to put innocent Americans/legal immigrants into detention camps purely because of their race was Democratic icon Franklin Roosevelt.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: DHS Secretary's fight in the lion's den draws a response

• Edwin Tillberg

06/19/2018 11:42 PM

I know they put computer chips in dogs and cats. Why can't we put them in Illegal aliens to catch and identify them if they do not report back to court.

• Lance Jekel

06/19/2018 11:33 PM

Your daughters response to this topic in the White House press briefing was brilliant. Pointing out the same laws were in effect during the Bush administration. You must be really proud of her she is incredible. God bless

• Wright

06/19/2018 10:17 PM

Thank for getting a truthful review on every political attact to our President .
    Our President is working strongly to bring America back to the nationals. But He is also concerned about other nations.
    I agree on putting America First. Because no one looks for the American people out there. Only Israel's Prime minister.
    America is in debt because of all the bleeding aid to other countries. But no one has said, let's thank The USA.

• Mrs Wright

06/19/2018 10:17 PM

• Bob Smith

06/19/2018 10:16 PM

Mike. We know this is fake outrage. Has anyone thought of the thousands of military parents separated from their children. We have to have laws and borders. God Bless Donald J Trump. Without him we would be on our way to he'll in a handbasket. Lastly...Sarah is the best!!! Raised right and much like her dad. You should be very proud. God Bless

• Hollie Toland

06/19/2018 09:37 PM

I don’t understand the outrage about the children being detained at the border. These illegals know they are going to have to leave their children at the border long before they get to the border, but they come anyway.. To me this doesn’t sound like the kind of people we want in this country. I know the only way they would take my children is over my dead body and I would never bring my children and purposely put them in harms way. Of course, the liberals are so filled with hate because the thieving Clintons did not win the election. I am so proud of President Trump because of the wonderful job he is doing. The democrats need to understand that we Deplorables are very proud of our President and we have his back. May God Bless President Trump and America and may the Lord help us to get our country back.

• Valorie Fulton

06/19/2018 08:56 PM

You don't realize how GOOD it is to hear TRUTH! Praise God for you and your daughter, being brave enough to stand up for what is TRUE and what is CORRECT! President Trump was elected by WE, the majority, who STILL, believe in him and what he is doing to better our country! Their are so many times I just want to give up! But, I beat cancer, by God's grace, and I am searching for my purpose! If it is to , simply, be a voice on the internet, I will do it! If it is to hold all you GOOD and Honest folks up in prayer, that is already being done!Blessings!

• Michael Riley

06/19/2018 08:49 PM

Mr Huckabee, spot on. I truly believe the Dems are so desperate that they will latch on to any issue to denigrate Trump. They have NOTHING as a political party to offer in midterm elections to voters. The "only" bandwagon they have is mainstream media, aka, CNN and the like. Truth doesn't matter and I truly believe mass numbers of people are realizing it. God Bless You Sir and Your Outstanding Daughter Sarah!!
    Michael Riley

• Ruth Smith

06/19/2018 08:48 PM

Well I think the Bushes need to change the R to D and that means dummy lol

• Mary Ann Hartzler

06/19/2018 08:33 PM

I think the ne'er do wells are going to argue about our country's treatment of the American Indians being rounded up simply because of their race. A point well taken, but not the same as the current situation, as the Indians were here first.

• Ann Charney

06/19/2018 06:51 PM

I want to know where all this concern was during the last administration. These same people have no concern for the millions of innocent babies being aborted. I was an admirer of the Bush family, for a very long time, I have lost a lot of respect for them. I understood Barbara Bush because candidate Trump was not nice to her son, He is the President now, where is the respect given to Obama when he was in office? My Dad taught me, you don't have to like all the policies but the Office must be respected and defended. My heart goes out for these displaced kids, but i know if I committed a crime and was arrested and I had small children, they would be taken away.I was an admirer of the Bush family, for a very long time, I have lost a lot of respect for them. I understood Barbara Bush because candidate Trump was not nice to her son, He is the President now, where is the respect given to Obama when he was in office? My Dad taught me, you don't have to like all the policies but the Office must be respected and defended. Please tell your daughter we think she is doing a great job, and don't let the losers get her down.

• Elizabeth Pinkocze

06/19/2018 06:16 PM

Dear Gov, how very kind and thoughtfully you replied to Laura Bush' comments. I am truly disappointed in her, but after reading you comments, this is how a good Christian would respond. Our country is in such terrible chaos and we really need to pray and pray that God will give us strength and grace to have things work out for this country. God Bless you. Thank you so much. And you and your wife deserve a lot of praise...you raised a wonderful, grace filled, tough as nails, sweet daughter. She is awesome.

• Carol Breeden

06/19/2018 05:52 PM

I'm disappointed in both President and Mrs. Bush. I now see they lean more toward the liberals. All I see from the "left" are lies and more lies. I also realize this is not just a game. They are serious and they are evil.

• Kathleen HUTSON

06/19/2018 05:15 PM

I don't understand why seemingly educated people, especially ones who have way more 'behind the sceens knowledge' about the boarder situation than the average American because they once occupied the position of POTUS/FLOTUS would write or say things that are so completely stupid and downright lies. Even we 'knuckle dragging deploribles' know that if you break the law (s) and are caught, you will pay a price. When legal American citizens who are caught breaking the law (s) are put in jail or prision, then illegals who cross the boarder with or without their children (used as pawns btw) need to suffer the consequences of their actions as well. I'm really sick of this debate. It's so simple!! Thank God we have a POTUS/FLOTUS who are MAGA!! Thank you too sir!

• Ralph Anton

06/19/2018 04:46 PM

We proclaim to being a country of laws, yet, by crossing our borders illegally, they disrespect the basic premise of our law, entering our country without permission. To compound the situation, they bring children or just send the children unaccompanied, either way they are the ones responsible for what transpired after disrespecting and breaking our laws. Kirsten Neijlston did a fine job of explaining the facts yesterday at your daughter's podium, but the media would NOT accept the facts. Your own daughter, Sarah, for months has faced the onslaught of malice by the same overbearing as unrelenting combative media outlets. I pray and hope the President, Sarah, Kirsten, and the rest of the administration, stay the course for the benefit and well being of the American citizenry(USA.) Thanx for allowing me to sound off.

• Doreen Singer

06/19/2018 04:07 PM

Agree with you 100%, I have met you in person you are a wonderful person. Thank you so much for sharing your conservative and Christian values with us. God bless

• Connie Nunes

06/19/2018 04:04 PM

A country cannot be ruled by using sympathy and emotions. Decisions must be made for the future and keeping the bigger picture in site. The only people we owe are all the men and women who fought and died to establish the country of USA. Beginning with the pilgrims, they weren’t here for other countries to just walk in and , without paying their dues, reap the rewards of their sacrifices. History teaches the building and struggles that it required for the USA to become the nation we are. If a person wants to immigrate here they should have a sound knowledge of our history, and be willing to make their own sacrifices to become a recepeient of the blessing. The immigrants of the past wanted to become America, today the immigrants want to bring their culture here and live in that identity and at the same time get the American benefits.

• Darlene Meeks

06/19/2018 03:16 PM

Why did she not complained when her husband sign the law. Oh it's ok for Democrats to say its ok when they do it but when someone else does it they get their panties in a wad. What a bunch of hypocrites.

• Caroline Marie Olsen

06/19/2018 03:00 PM

Because the economy was so bad during the Bush administration a lot of Americans suffered by parents working 2 jobs or lots of overtime that separated children from their parents, this went on for years, the border children will get their children back and this is to help/protect Americans. "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones".

• Dr Philip Lock

06/19/2018 02:15 PM

Hi Mike,
    I live in Singapore. Was educated in the US, all the way, MBA and PhD. Worked as a civil servant and lastly as a lecturer.
    Was active in local politics my whole life and wrote some papers for the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew. Some small part became law.
    My partner is a Republican. I visit annually and stayed in Fort Myers, Florida, where we use to have a factory.
    I am 68 years old and followed US news and politics since the Vietnam war and extremely attentive after 911.
    Although I am on the other side of this small world, I can view Fox, CNN, MSNBC, ABC daily and I record them.
    I view all Trump live video and Tweet and a few others. I have a copy of the 500 pages IOG report for analysis.
    Where possible, I view your daughter briefing daily live or pre-recorded on my several workstation.
    If I can be or service for ideas and views outside the box, let me know.
    On this topic of the family separation. It is very simple. It is the law.
    One solution would be to house them, the parents and children in football stadium in California and have movie star bring them food and entertain them. It is known as Tokugawa Iemitsu strategy. Bleed the enemy of wealth to make them pay financially for what they say. This fix the NLF, Democrats Governor of California and the loud mouth movie industry.
    I am a grandfather like you, retired sort of and living life to the fullest. I will come visit you soon or if you come to Singapore, I will be your host and guide.
    I am on facebook as "Philip Teo" and twitter as "dphiliplock". My full name is Philip Teo C Lock. My email is [email protected]

Regards
    Philip

• Franklin Calvert

06/19/2018 01:52 PM

Nice article, sir. Keep up the incredible work. Fact checking Dems is no doubt a full time job.

• Tony Skeen

06/19/2018 01:29 PM

Mike, what about another Democrat, whose face currently occupies out $20 bill, who displaced hundreds of thousands of Native American Cherokees from their lands and marched them a thousand miles on a trek to Oklahoma, a trek on which many of them died, known as the "Trail of Tears?" Andrew Jackson? Sound familiar? Seems it's always the Democruds who do these dastardly things, then when the Republicans try to clean it up, or make the best of a bad situation start screaming about how heartless the Republicans and conservatives are. Oh the hypocrisy!

• Patricia Vatakis

06/19/2018 01:20 PM

I am very disappointed in Mrs. Bush. She and former President Bush have proven themselves to not be what I thought they were. They are obviously against the President and while they sat back for 8 years and said nothing about the horrible abuses by Obama, they love to bsh our current President. I have lost total respect for both of them.

• Judy Hudson

06/19/2018 12:57 PM

Laura Bush should have researched her facts regarding Japanese internment camps prior to writing her article. She and many others are letting feelings not facts form their opinions. At some point America must either be a country of laws or just open the borders and no longer be the country I know and love. Congress that refuses ,(includes both parties) to secure our borders and put an end to illegal immigration are,I my opinion, either trolling for votes or traitors. Either way they need to be voted out of office.

• LaVonne Bauder

06/19/2018 12:36 PM

Mr. Huckabee thank you for letting us write to you. (easily) First of all I hope with all my heart you let your daughter know she is prayed for and loved by so many.

June 19, 2018

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: DHS Secretary's fight in the lion's den draws a response

06/19/2018 03:16 PM

• Caroline Marie Olsen

06/19/2018 03:00 PM

• Dr Philip Lock

06/19/2018 02:15 PM

Hi Mike,
    If I can be or service for ideas and views outside the box, let me know.
    On this topic of the family separation. It is very simple. It is the law.

Regards