Three-star general and President Trump’s original choice for national security advisor Michael Flynn was railroaded.

Railroaded, set up, entrapped, framed, every synonym listed in Roget’s Thesaurus.  Very deliberately.  That’s the only conclusion I can reach after reading Byron York’s shocking story in the Washington Examiner, which appears on the same day Gen. Flynn is scheduled to be sentenced.  As bad as everything the FBI, special counsel and Democratic leadership have done, and are continuing to do, to accomplish their goal of deposing Trump, the treatment of Flynn may rank as the sorriest abuse of the Constitution to date.  And that’s saying a lot.

This is not supposed to happen in the United States of America, and it is intolerable.

We learn about this through a sentencing memo filed on Tuesday by Flynn’s lawyers.  It references the “302” written by then-deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe –- he has since been fired –- on the meeting two FBI officials had with Flynn --- you know, the one in which he’s accused of lying when even his interrogators said they didn’t think he had.  Anyway, the 302, which normally would have been written contemporaneously while memories were fresh but for some very strange reason was prepared almost seven months after the fact, contains some information which Flynn’s lawyers were allowed to reference in their own court document.  (The FBI is still refusing to release the full 302.)

Going by McCabe’s own written account, here’s how the worst day of Flynn’s life unfolded:

Around noon on January 24, 2017, when Trump had been in office just four days, Flynn got a call at his new West Wing office, on a secure phone, from McCabe.  They discussed a bit of business, and then McCabe casually asked Flynn if a couple of agents could drop on by and ask him to clarify some details of Flynn’s talks with Russian officials that had taken place during the presidential transition.

We learn that in order to keep Flynn “relaxed,” McCabe, by his own account in the 302, specifically encouraged him to just casually talk to the officials by himself, WITHOUT A LAWYER.  It wouldn’t be a big deal or anything like that.  To further induce Flynn to keep it light and off-the-cuff, he said that if Flynn did want to include anyone else in the meeting, they’d need to involve the DOJ and it would become a bigger deal, and who wants that, right?  So the unsuspecting Flynn just said some version of, “Sure, Andy, I’m just unpacking a few boxes over here and will be around, so that would be fine if they want to come on over this afternoon.”

Then, boom, the agents –- one of them the notoriously anti-Trump Peter Strzok –- arrived at Flynn’s office within two hours.  Sure enough, in his report McCabe describes Flynn as “relaxed and jocular” (editorial aside:  according to plan, nyah-ha-ha!)  As the 302 describes, McCabe and other FBI officials had decided ahead of time that “the agents would not warn Flynn that it was a crime to lie during an FBI interview because they wanted Flynn to be relaxed, and they were concerned THAT GIVING THE WARNINGS MIGHT ADVERSELY AFFECT THE RAPPORT.”  (Emphasis mine.)

Remember that by unmasking his name in wiretapped telephone conversations with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak (and, later, illegally leaking this information to the Washington Post, but I digress), the agents already had the information they needed, but Flynn was left in the dark.  According to the Flynn sentencing memo, “Before the interview, FBI officials had also decided that if ‘Flynn said he did not remember something they knew he said, they would use the exact words Flynn had used...to try to refresh his recollection.  If Flynn still would not confirm what he said...THEY WOULD NOT CONFRONT HIM OR TALK HIM THROUGH IT.’”  (Again, emphasis mine.)  In other words, if they thought it was possible that Flynn had misled them, they would not try to clear it up with him.  As the meeting wrapped up and they all shook hands out in the hall, Flynn apparently had no clue that he had said anything wrong.  One can picture him going back to unpacking boxes and setting out pictures of his family in his new office at the White House, thinking, “Well, that’s done.  What nice guys.”

The Flynn memo, citing what McCabe himself had written in the 302, said, “One of the agents reported that Gen. Flynn was ‘unguarded’ during the interview and clearly saw the FBI agents as allies.”  This should send a chill up every American’s spine.

So, as Flynn’s lawyers suggest, he was caught off guard, rushed into an on-the-spot interview, misled into thinking this was not a serious conversation, and told it would be just as well --- better, in fact --- if he didn’t have a lawyer there.  I would add that he didn’t have a clue about having been wiretapped.  (If they’d really wanted to refresh his memory, they could have just shown him their transcript.)  Flynn subsequently was indicted for lying to the FBI; lost his prestigious job and, essentially, his career; lost his house; spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on legal fees; reportedly had family members threatened with prosecution; had to move in with relatives; and faced the real possibility of going to prison.

What needs to happen NOW:  the Justice Department must turn over the full 302 to House and Senate investigating committees –- which have been asking for that but which have, of course, been refused it –- and everything else relating to their handling of Gen. Flynn, including any original, contemporaneous notes made by the two officials who questioned him.  The DOJ would love to run out the clock on the House committees, which have only a few weeks left of Republican leadership.  As Jerrold Nadler has very openly said, once Democrats take control of the House in January, they’re immediately shutting down all non-Trump-related investigations.

Now, there’s a “government shut-down” we should all be concerned about.

This has just gone too far.  When Trump’s political opponents decided that all the rules were out the window in their quest to get keep him out of office and, later, to depose him, it started taking America down.  The Constitution is considered to be collateral damage; hey, these people didn’t think much of it, anyway.  They reference it only when doing so suits their purposes and ignore it when it doesn’t.  This set-up really does compare to something that would happen in a banana republic, not in America, and certainly not to a revered three-star general with over 30 years of service to his country.

This story is being overshadowed right now by the Michael Cohen sentencing, because that story (unlike this one) is something the anti-Trump media can have a heyday with.  But it’s bubbling beneath the surface and will not go away.  Expect updates as we learn more.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

President Trump fulfills promise, declassifies all "Russia"

• Pamela Cartwright

12/13/2018 02:12 PM

How does this happen? I'm sick of all this. They just can't face the fact that Trump is President. I never liked Obama (to put it mildly), but I didn't rant and rave over it! Just prayed for the people who don't get it!! Soo sad they ruined his life by back stabbing him. After all the years of service to our country. Did they strip him of his stars? God will judge. One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord! God bless you and Merry Christmas!

• Esther j. Pierce

12/13/2018 01:30 PM

I can’t believe this is happening to our America. This country was founded on people who were responsible and our immigration laws (before they were trashed)., only let in responsible men and women. Somewhere along the line we have stopped teaching our children to be honest and have the courage to do the right thing. To destroy others was not an option.

• Judy S. Houser

12/13/2018 01:25 PM

I just looked up a Gestapo definition. This is scary. All we need is for the Special Counsel to be unanswerable to anyone and we can rename it. Look up who headed the Gestapo after it was formed!

• Tammy Boice

12/13/2018 01:12 PM

Wow! Thank you for sharing it so simply and clearly.
    I heard John Solomon say on Hannity why the President is not declassifying the documents so the American people can see what is happening but I still don’t really understand the delay. Can you shed some light on that?

Tammy
    Former Huckabee Ranger!

• COL (Ret) Joe Webb

12/13/2018 01:09 PM

If the President fails to get all of this out to the public, he deserves whatever the dems throw at him including removal from office.

• lee swann

12/13/2018 01:03 PM

Mike, why do you keep posting this info about Hillary/Slick Willy/the Evil Democratic Socialists???????????

I appreciate ALL you say on Saturday night's show, and I appreciate your take on the LEFT; but, that is as far as is goes. Tom Fitton & Judicial Watch keep saying they have irrefutable evidence, law suit material, BUT, NOTHING IS BEING DONE! Mueller keeps probing places NOT remotely connected with Russian probe.
    The CONSERVATIVE Republicans are TIRED of do nothing probing, no one trying Comey & the DOJ/FBI/Left Wing conspirators.
    We are tired of RONOS like Jeff Flake. We are TIRED of Chuck Schumer/Warren/Durbin/hinoso/and the rest of the Democratic Socialists.

• Greg Dawson

12/13/2018 01:02 PM

Mike,

I fear we are fast approaching a time when as free thinking citizens, we will begin to challenge the authority of the Police, FBI and any number of other alphabet agencies that have been proven to be corrupt and shown horrific leadership at the very least.

If an FBI agent were to approach me (I have no idea why one would), I might be temped to point out that he (or she) is a member of a disgraced, corrupt, ineffectual agency and I no longer recognize his authority over me.

When these guys were bringing in the really bad guys and not being used as political pawns, even the bad guys acknowledged their authority. With that authority, came the power to be effective. Now the FBI is without a firm hand on the tiller and from the outside, it looks like everyone in the upper echelon is as corrupt as the criminals they allegedly bring to justice.

• Jerry Korba

12/13/2018 01:01 PM

Hello out there I want to remind America that our enemies probably cannot destroy America as we are today BUT Nikita Khrushchev said when I was a young man that America will ruin itself from within. People stop and think about that as an old man today I believe it has started look and listen to the mainstream news media look at all the Democratic Party is offering can u really explain to me the benefits of uncontrolled Immagration. abolished ICE, higher taxation, sticking their nose in climate change. changing what man and woman are, freedom of speech rights being eroded, socialism wanted to be how our society is run and sorts of other destructive ideas, when TV puts lunatics like Sanders,Schumer, Pelosi, Watters, and the rest of the carnival acts in front of U think of what Nakita said 50 years ago he may be right do we want to take that chance limit your use of the media it is poison to America, the media has rabies and not being treated!!!!!

• Diane Wisham

12/13/2018 01:00 PM

This is absolutely one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen. General Flynn is a good man and has been done the dirtiest I think I’ve ever seen anybody done. I mean I ain’t the brightest bulb in the box but in the south where I was raised we’d call this just low down sorry! I can just hear my mama say “don’t you worry, ever dawg has his day!” So General Flynn I’m praying these dawgs have their day and I mean soon !

• Jackie Childs

12/13/2018 12:49 PM

The democrats are making a mockery of the constitution. I was taught to fight a good fight and if I lost, lose graciously. There doesn't seem to be a gracious bone in the democratic party. I am embarrassed to say I was once a democrat. I woke up several years ago..
    Keep up the good work. I do believe you tell it like it is.

• Raymond Bergroos

12/13/2018 12:23 PM

Pastor: I believe General Flynn has been railroaded by Obama and his loyalists. Approximately a week before General Flynn's removal as Director of Homeland security I emailed him at Homeland Security. My communication asked him why Obama was allowing Syrian Refugees into America since they carried no papers and therefor could not be vetted. I believe I also questioned why Obama had established 30-35 ISIS training centers on American soil. I asked him how a sitting President could support these activities when the President's primary responsibility was to protect the safety and security of American citizens. Shortly after the General took appropriate defensive action he was removed.

• Geoffrey max mordecai spiro

12/13/2018 12:08 PM

Very serious. The anti-american activity must cease at once...time for the army to close the government and reboot the constitution directives. George Washington was supreme commander, that is how we reboot. There are Russian, Chinese even Arab attempts at colonizing the USA the Army must step in now and Re Boot.

• Stephen Russell

12/13/2018 12:06 PM

Why has Flynn and his lawyers allowed the FBI evidence to stand when it was developed by Strotz. I would think that anything Strotz touches would be excluded because of his proven bias? Given, that is this also not grounds for reversal of the conviction?

• Michael Galloway

12/13/2018 12:01 PM

Governor Huckabee: As always your articles and insight are right on target. I know I have said this many times and hope you don't get tired of it, but you are one of the few who give us the "rest of the story" of facts and updates that is hard to obtain elsewhere. (though there a few conservative media outlets that also do, but far too few)
    It is amazing that just one more fact of the past is almost never spoken of or mentioned in an attempt to sweep it under the rug and try to get Americans to forget: the slush funds to pay off accusers of those in Congress accused of sexual misconduct, harassment, etc. USING TAXPAYER DOLLARS!! Just one more aspect of the deep swamp. I would like to see the conservative media outlets keep reminding us that care of that truly disgusting deep swamp that has raised its head because of President Trump. And of course he has made many enemies by doing so.

No doubt in my mind that General Flynn was railroaded and entrapped and silenced !!! Will pray that he can be cleared. Can't stand all the mainstream (enemies of the People) hype on the cooperation of Michael Cohen and Trump's connections and of course the Dems already saying that it will be full steam ahead with charges and pending impeachment of Trump after the Dems take control of the House in January. What was the voting public thinking in the mid-term elections when this was allowed to happen?!!!!! Of course, we still don't know and will probably never know how much voter fraud instituted by the Democrats occurred to change the outcome.

On the Pentagon release of the statement that the President is in his constitutional rights to order the Department of Defense to build the wall - YES!!! Seems now that that is the only reasonable option. Why would the President consider anything else? He knows what he is dealing with the likes of phony Pelosi and Schumer and the rest of the anti-American Democrats who could care less about the security and safety of American citizens. Of course the Dems want all the illegals, criminals, etc. on our side of the border for future votes. And of course the illegals, criminals, terrorist want across the border to they can run to those sanctuary cities and states creating by the Democrats !!! It is all a no-brainer, but then you have to have common sense, a love for America and want to see America the number #1 priority, but most of the Democrats don't want that. Wake up America. In two years voters will again have the opportunity to hopefully state that Democrats should NEVER, NEVER have control of anything, unless you want to see our nation destroyed. But ultimately, whatever happens GOD will be in control and orchestrate the destiny of our nation for His purposes. But with that said, God will also see what His people (true believers) want, desire and pray for. It has been said, that when good men say nothing evil prospers. Satan and those who hate us are just waiting to see if the day will come when true believers will remain to be silent, instead of addressing the culture and the agenda's against us and this nation.

• Carbine Williams

12/13/2018 11:47 AM

President Trump needs to pardon the General and then make sure that the operatives in this fiasco are denied any retirement benefits

• Mary Jill Busam

12/13/2018 11:47 AM

Please Governor, Tell me who will correct this incredible injustice? The entire investigation has been creepily underhanded to date and lives are being destroyed on purpose! They are creating crime, not uncovering crime! How can this be stopped! America is not supposed to do things the Communist way! Thank you for answering. I am many many more are deeply concerned.

• Beverly Nolan

12/13/2018 11:44 AM

What is happening to General Flynn makes me sick. Politics makes me sick. I just finished reading a political piece from AMAC about the Soros funding for the states of Arizona, Georgia and Florida that made me sick. Why would someone spend $10 million for a $200K job? Because our whole political system has been corrupted by out of State and out of Country $. Lets fix it. Any person running for office gets the same amount as their opponent. No out of State/Country funding for elections. Quit letting the people who don't live there pay to skew the outcome. And for crying out loud-VOTER ID !!.

• David Zehren

12/13/2018 11:43 AM

Mike:
    Your lack of honesty is beathtaking and sad.
    You reveal and embarrass yourself with your analysis and your total lack of fairness and objectivity.
    David Z.

• Suzanne Utts

12/13/2018 11:36 AM

No kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!! A blind man on a galloping horse could see that General Flynn has been railroaded. A lot of us KNEW that, but the FRUSTRATING thing about all of this is that the people who did it walk free. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was done to a liberal by conservatives the guilty parties would be in prison by now. TRAITORS should be swiftly tried in a military court and PUBLICLY executed.

• Evangeline Hopkins

12/13/2018 11:32 AM

Hate to tell you, but this does happen in America. happened to me on a smaller scale, where they told me it would be an informal meeting, no need for my attorney, nor my husband or friend. I went in alone and was set up chewed and spit out. I left the judges chambers, signed anything they wanted me to sign, just to be able to leave the building, went home and cried hysterically all night long. in america. we need to clean the justice system

• Stephen Russell

12/13/2018 11:19 AM

Reinstate Flynn, pardon Flynn, then.
    Hell id be steaming mad I was "used" to take down Pres Trump.
    Id be filing class action suits A-Z & Take No prisoners.
    Hope Flynn does something.
    Ruined for life??
    Hire him for post hes good at.
    IE Pvt sector

• Linda Neher

12/13/2018 11:12 AM

Mike, I appreciate you and your beautiful daughter so very much being in the public eye. You two are voices of reason, truth and sanity among so many who are filling the airwaves. I read all your newsletters and appreciate your doing them. Have you read the book by Philip Haney & Art Moore entitled"See Something Say Nothing?" It is the most chilling account of what happened in O's administration and explains the infiltration of terrorists into the US in such great numbers at that time, etc. I want to be sure President Trump and your daughter are aware of this book and the information contained therein. Those in authority need to know. Please, please make sure that this book and its revealing contents are shared with your daughter and other people who can do something with the information. Thank you and God bless you and Sarah and keep you safe!

Now, there’s a “government shut-down” we should all be concerned about.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

President Trump fulfills promise, declassifies all "Russia"

• Pamela Cartwright

12/13/2018 02:12 PM

• Esther j. Pierce

12/13/2018 01:30 PM

• Judy S. Houser

12/13/2018 01:25 PM

• Tammy Boice

12/13/2018 01:12 PM

Wow! Thank you for sharing it so simply and clearly.

Tammy

• Jerry Korba

12/13/2018 01:01 PM

• Diane Wisham

12/13/2018 01:00 PM

• Jackie Childs

12/13/2018 12:49 PM

Keep up the good work. I do believe you tell it like it is.

• Raymond Bergroos

12/13/2018 11:47 AM

• Beverly Nolan

12/13/2018 11:44 AM

• David Zehren

12/13/2018 11:43 AM

Mike:
    Your lack of honesty is beathtaking and sad.
    David Z.

• Suzanne Utts

12/13/2018 11:36 AM

• Evangeline Hopkins

12/13/2018 11:32 AM

• Stephen Russell

12/13/2018 11:19 AM

Reinstate Flynn, pardon Flynn, then.
    Hell id be steaming mad I was "used" to take down Pres Trump.
    Id be filing class action suits A-Z & Take No prisoners.
    Hope Flynn does something.
    Ruined for life??
    Hire him for post hes good at.
    IE Pvt sector

• Linda Neher

12/13/2018 11:12 AM

Now, there’s a “government shut-down” we should all be concerned about.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

President Trump fulfills promise, declassifies all "Russia"

• Pamela Cartwright

12/13/2018 02:12 PM

• Esther j. Pierce

12/13/2018 01:30 PM

• Judy S. Houser

12/13/2018 01:25 PM

• Tammy Boice

12/13/2018 01:12 PM

Wow! Thank you for sharing it so simply and clearly.

Tammy

• Jerry Korba

12/13/2018 01:01 PM

• Diane Wisham

12/13/2018 01:00 PM

• Jackie Childs

12/13/2018 12:49 PM

Keep up the good work. I do believe you tell it like it is.

• Raymond Bergroos

12/13/2018 11:47 AM

• Beverly Nolan

12/13/2018 11:44 AM

• David Zehren

12/13/2018 11:43 AM

Mike:
    Your lack of honesty is beathtaking and sad.
    David Z.

• Suzanne Utts

12/13/2018 11:36 AM

• Evangeline Hopkins

12/13/2018 11:32 AM

• Stephen Russell

12/13/2018 11:19 AM

Reinstate Flynn, pardon Flynn, then.
    Hell id be steaming mad I was "used" to take down Pres Trump.
    Id be filing class action suits A-Z & Take No prisoners.
    Hope Flynn does something.
    Ruined for life??
    Hire him for post hes good at.
    IE Pvt sector