Joy Behar apologizes

March 10, 2018

Good for Joy Behar of “The View” for calling Vice President Mike Pence to apologize for her offensive comments about his Christian faith (she said that people who think Jesus is talking to them have a “mental illness.”) Pence accepted her apology, but she is still refusing to make a public apology on the show, despite ABC receiving over 30,000 angry calls from viewers.

I have certainly had my differences with Joy over the years, but I usually enjoy our on-air sparring matches, so I say this with love and sincerity: swallow your pride and apologize publicly. If you’re truly sorry for saying it (maybe it was just an ill-conceived bad joke), then say so. The truth shall set you free (I believe I read that in a book during one of my stays in a mental ward.) Otherwise, it will just sit there, staining your reputation, while the people you insulted will likely forgive you anyway, because that’s what people who talk to Jesus do.

And if this helps: before you call people crazy for listening for the voice of God, remember that Oprah Winfrey said she would only run for President if God told her to. You might be okay with insulting Mike Pence and Christians in general, but do you really want to call Oprah mentally ill?

• Tim Rash Sr.

03/10/2018 02:54 PM

I'm encouraged at the report of Joy Behar's apology and proud of V.P. Pence's acceptance. However this is just one more of the many straws breaking the camel's back validating my decision to avoid watching "The View" at all costs. I gave up on these self-appointed guardians of our society over a year ago. I greatly dislike extreamism in all forms, conservative or liberal, and tend to ignore those who perpetuate it.

• Gloria Hamilton

03/10/2018 02:41 PM

Joy is nasty towards the President and the Vice President of United States. Joy talks with such anger all the time. We must grant her mercy for her shortcomings towards people in their belief in Jesus. I believe Joy needs prayers to surround her in her negative thinking towards another person's religion and belief. I will pray for her. God forgives all of us for our sins. Joy being respectful and apologizing to Vice President Pence is all that is needed. I do not watch the View and I have no plans in the future to watch it.

• Nadine Mortensen

03/10/2018 02:37 PM

Governor Huckabee.....my husband and I have so admired you for many years! May God Bless You for all that you do and say!!
    Could you prepare a petition that we could sign to bring a lot more pressure against Joy Behar? She needs to hear from MANY more of us, but I don't know how to go about it, and thought you could put something together....a petition of sorts. Thank you! :)

• Thomas Cleveland

03/10/2018 02:30 PM

I still do not understand why the left and the right seem to hate Trump. Also I do hope President Trump that gave all the tax payers a tax cut, he does not raise the gas tax or any other tax. We have a governor here in MI that seem to be more Dem that Rep.
    I do hope who ever get to be our new governor that they will roll back all the new taxes wrongfully imposed on us here.
    Thank you for your ear and keeping us informed.

• AL SCHATZ

03/10/2018 02:21 PM

Thank you for all your work ! I don't know about you, but I personally,...I have NOT yet heard or seen anything of her (Joy) ACTUALLY saying anything that even remotely resembles an apology ! Even IF I did I would rather suspect that it was ABC that was behind her prodding her to make it because of all the bad press they have been experiencing. Believe it when you see it ? NOPE ! NOT even then.
    Watched their video of the VIEW (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRH-Wn_zWbU) where Joy called it all a JOKE ! (1:48) Really ? Then Joy goes on to even call herself a "Christian." But what does she think MAKES her a Christian ? (2:48) "I give money to the church." "I actually help Christians with my pocketbook." Whoopie even comes out to say that "This is what they've ASKED ME TO DO..." (the producers wanted her to do this then, it was NOT THEIR (Whoopie or Joy's) idea. (4:00) Meghan McCain DID publicly apologize, (4:12) so I do appreciate that, but I NEVER DID hear Joy or Whoopie publicly apologize ! But then at the end (4:20) Joy DOES have to add that we still have the first amendment in this country .

• Joyce I Wright

03/10/2018 02:06 PM

I thought Behar should apologize but wonder if she was really sincere. I would never vote for Oprah for President but I am sure many people would vote for her and she might could win. She seems to think there are other ways to God from various things she has said over the years and there is only one way to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I pray she does not run. I pray people will cooperate with our president but they do not seem inclined to do so and want to work against him. Good job, Sarah is doing and I know you are proud of her.

• Bonnie Nirgude

03/10/2018 02:02 PM

Calling Oprah mentally ill - who suggested killing off all white people- may be quite accurate.

• Grant Galloway

03/10/2018 02:00 PM

My nan always said that empty vessels make the most noise. Listening to Joyless really brings out the truth of nans comment. However, she never said that these same vessels are idiots as well as clanging about...

• Katharina Enns

03/10/2018 01:58 PM

My prayer is that we pray for their ugly spirit will be replaced with the love of Jesus and there have the Holy Spirit to guide them into truth. Miss your Show on Fox. Blessings to you and your family from ????!

• Karen McKee

03/10/2018 01:58 PM

Maybe Joy is sensing her job slipping away? Good, she apologized to VP Pence. I'm still waiting for mine although she is forgiven & I pray for her soul.

BTW, the Holy Spirit speaks to me thru His word & in that "Still small voice." I'm so very grateful He does. If I'm mentally ill, then so be it. However, FINALLY listening to Him has saved me a lot of grief. HALLELUJAH! ??

• Carolyn Sanderson

03/10/2018 01:47 PM

I believe if she was truly sorry for what she said, she would apologize on the TV program so that all their viewers could hear her.

• Elizabeth McKenna

03/10/2018 01:46 PM

Any actual practicing Catholic is open to the voice of Jesus, the second person of the Blessed Trinity, and prays to be more and more open. By calling herself Catholic and “faithful” (to what? Certainly not the Magesterium), she takes Catholicism hostage as a cover to give herself some sort of legitimacy when speaking about religious issues, but she is no Catholic barometer. Well, actually, she is. If you want to know how to be Catholic, watch Behar, then do the opposite.

• Paulette Garrett

03/10/2018 01:46 PM

Joy et al seem to think they are somehow relevant and their comments are important. They are not. They have a forum to spew anything that comes into their tiny little minds. The sad part is that their audience will believe and quote whatever they say. Sad.

• Catherine Zeien

03/10/2018 01:40 PM

Good for her! I really hope she makes her apology to our VicePresident public. Does she have the humility to do so? I'm afraid I'll be very surprised if it happens.

• Chris Calabria

03/10/2018 01:35 PM

Weaning myself off of ABC & Disney; never thought I'd say that. I think I only favor 2 shows, but one of them is starting to bring-in values of current society that I find un-biblical; it now carries 2-red-thumb on the TiVo. When they get to 3 without being reset by some good value or message.....they're gone and Season Passes are deleted. I don't know if ABC gets feedback from TiVo on viewing habits, but I've opted-in to be spied-on; let them wake-up to their sinful fallacy.

• Luzell Bennett

03/10/2018 01:34 PM

I would consider watching The View as mental torture. The fact that it is watched is a reason for the mental view of the liberal people
    to be so far out in left field

• Linda Hopkins

03/10/2018 01:24 PM

Joy Behar is a disgrace. I'm happy she finally apologized to VP Pence but only after she felt pressured to do so. However, she should apologize to the numerous Christians she also insulted. This needs to been done on air from her chair on the View. I mean a well thought out, sincere apology! Nothing less will do. After, she should be fired but we all know that wouldn't happen. Maybe, just maybe, she and the other ridiculous women on that show will think before they speak which I'm sure will be a hard task. It may cause them a headache.

• Mary Lou Lee

03/10/2018 01:24 PM

MY BIBLE SCRIPTURE TO READ TODAY IS OUT OF NIV BIBLE! LUKE 6:44. GREAT WORDS FOR ALL! M. LEE
    JOY B. COULD READ THIS ONE BEFORE SPEAKING OUT ON ANYTHING OR ANYONE!

• C James Larmoyeux

03/10/2018 01:22 PM

When someone offends another in private, they should apologize in private. When someone offends another publicly, they should apologize publicly. Enough said.

• Pastor Lorraine Coconato

03/10/2018 01:20 PM

Thank you, Gov Huckabee, for being a consistent voice for the Lord in media, politics and beyond!

I’d love to be on the View to share the many miracle stories that the Lord has done in my life! Only God’s love can set these women free on that show and so many others!

God bless you and Family richly!

In His Love,
    Pastor Lorraine
    Leaves of Healing Tabernacle
    Chatsworth, CA
    www.LOHTabernacle.com
    Cell: 8183265880

• m

03/10/2018 01:17 PM

She is Jewish, and I am sure that if someone would say something anti-semitically, she would be intolerant. The liberal left bigots need to be called out on their bigotry as hypocrisy. As you said, her ridiculous bigoted statement, applies to many others than just VP Pence, including from Oprah's own statement, her as well.
    SHE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, AS WELL AS ABC, HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE HER APOLOGY PUBLIC! Jesus is the promised Messiah for the Jewish people. It is so sad that she is blind to that as are many others. If they were to see the truth, they would be talking to Jesus and the Holy Spirit as well and to be enraptured to be doing so. She as others who have rejected Him as the promised Messiah are in darkness and anyone in darkness, CANNOT STAND THE LIGHT, so statements like this are to be expected by those who are lost. HOWEVER, they need to be held accountabe by those who are in the LIGHT, and we need to continue to pray for the lost to receive the revelation of God's ONLY ONE plan of salvation which is through HIS SON, Jesus Christ.

• Joan A Duffy

03/10/2018 01:10 PM

No matter what she said in her phone call to Vice President Pence, she still needs to apologize to all of the Christian people in this country that she remarked as being mentally ill. This entire show should not be allowed on the air waves. It will be a wonderful day when it is taken off the air. I am sure that she would not have made nasty comments if a Muslim said anything about his religion.

• Michael Caruso

03/10/2018 01:05 PM

Dear Mike,
    It is not for me to say what Joy Behar should do. I agree with every point you made, but clearly that demand for public apology is Mike Pence's and I believe that he is too much of a good christian (as well as a good person) to not just accept whatever apology was offered with grace. I do feel that Ms. Behar was childish, arrogant, and totally unacceptable both socially and morally in ever making such a comment. Furthermore, I will always believe that she is lying about it being a joke. If she was truly sorry, I feel she would want everyone to know...but that is me and I can't speak to the motives behind her behavior. Thank you again for expressing my feeling so beautifully

• Rosemarie Kaupp

03/10/2018 12:59 PM

Well that is something anyway. I can't understand what is it she is always so angry about and mean spirited. Maybe she just doesn't have a lot of class.

• vivian martin

03/10/2018 12:59 PM

We are not to mock God an you did so.as a Christian I'm offended.God talks to us through his word an through our conscience ..an if your a Christian you knew that an if you didn't well mayb you need to check your self an truly give your self to God..

• Beth Mulvihill

03/10/2018 12:58 PM

ABC should be boycotted! I am so glad I never have watched these talk shows. Drama and stirring up trouble is all they are about.

• Lee Anne Risk

03/10/2018 12:57 PM

Until I hear it I won't believe it. Those women are Nasty !

• Deborah A. Hall

03/10/2018 12:55 PM

Most of Behar's comments are offensive and Anti American and Anti Christian. I think Walters should have fired her a long time ago. I don't watch the View anymore because the theme is very liberal and all about bashing my Commander in Chief. I pray they cancel the show period. VP Pence is such a good man and so is President Trump. They don't deserve this criticism!!

• Brian Lager

03/10/2018 12:54 PM

Ms. Behar may have apologized to VP Pence however, she did not apologize to the audience. 30,000 angry callers are still angry.
    MSM and their enablers are constantly attacking people for their religious beliefs. But Christians turn the other cheek and forgive their transgressions. Something the left has not learned yet.

• Linda Pratt

03/10/2018 12:52 PM

I'm glad that Joy Behar was conscientious enough to apologize to Vice president Pence. Before I gave my life to the Lord I never considered the fact that Jesus speaks to you. In fact, I remember the day that I gave my life to him and heard him for the first time. I was shocked! I remember thinking OMG! He talks to you. And I love to tell people that since that day some 40 years ago, He hasn't shut up since. :) My point is: Joy doesn't know Jesus. So, how can you publicly apologize for something you probably don't want to admit you don't have or don't do when you think of yourself as being okay with God. Saying I'm sorry publically requires humility. I don't think she's there yet. I pray that hearing Jesus is something she's probably wondering about now. You know how He is! :)

• Bob Shiner

03/10/2018 12:51 PM

You da man Governor......my take on the ultra ultra liberal Ms Behar is that we should cut her some slack.....she has apparently reached the age where she thinks she can say anything she wants.....but hopefully God will protect her anyway

• Myrtis Wilmoth

03/10/2018 12:45 PM

The left is always having to apologize for their enormities. They speak without thinking, knowing that their fan club of useless idiots will cheer them on. Behar would never have apologized in any way to the Vice President without Oprah's comment.

• Mary G Shilling

03/10/2018 12:45 PM

Sadly, I believe Joy only apologized under pressure to save her job and take the heat off. I don't, for one minute, believe she was sincere.

• linda Palmer shufelt

03/10/2018 12:38 PM

I don’t know why anyone gets upset over anything Joy Behar says. It’s not like she’s relevant. I stopped watching The View a long time ago. Problem solved.

• Mary J. Overton

03/10/2018 12:37 PM

Reverend Huckabee .. as I've aged , perhaps I have become somewhat synical because of the world's hypocrisy . Maybe , I'm just more aware of the truth . I don't believe for a moment that Joy Behar's " apology " was in any way genuine . The fact that her comment caused so much backlash for the View , she was forced to call VP Pence . If she were to apologize publicly she would antagonize her loyal followers...which the View doesn't want.
    As for Oprah...haha , her clever comment takes the pressure off her running for POTUS ( she's certain that God will never speak to her ) . Oprah doesn't BELIEVE .
    I always look forward to your comments on Fox , and we forever cheer for Sarah as she keeps the media in check with her direct and level-headed comments .

• Delma Domagalski

03/10/2018 12:36 PM

What she has said has already gone out in the world ! So you apologize and people only remember what negative comment you made!
    God bless you Joy Behar!

• Judy Hames

03/10/2018 12:34 PM

Joy Behar's comment was made publicly, therefore the apology should be made publicly. Calling Mike Pence and doing it privately is cowardly. It's time for her to face the music and apologize publicly. Then, once she apologizes, she needs to watch her mouth and not do the same basic thing again by insulting others because they don't think like she does.

• Gregory M. Fota

03/10/2018 12:33 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee--I don't know who is more out on Pluto...Behar or Nancy Pelosi. Well, any lefty lib living in California--they are not only "out there", they are breaking Federal Law every day by letting CRIMINAL illegals loose!! Unreal. I guess they got brainwashed over the 8 pathetic "Obama years". CALIFORNIA-- "Land of Fruits and Nuts".

• Michael Egbert

03/10/2018 12:33 PM

Mizz Behar undoubtedly believes her opinion (whispered into her ear by Satan himself) is the only opinion that matters and to make a public apology would be humbling, an admission she was wrong and show massive weakness (not allowed by Satan)...to me, her opinions carry as much weight as a 3 legged cockroach running across the kitchen floor....

• Bill Codner Sr

03/10/2018 12:21 PM

Joy Behar's apology is unacceptable for a very good reason. She must make the apology as publicly as she made her crude, offensive, and Anti-Christian remark about Vice President Pence. She should be removed from a show called The View because the view on that show is always the same, left, liberal, emotional and ignorant. Behar is one of the biggest problems because she talks over everybody, butts in, and is about as arrogant and obnoxious and rude as one can get. The head of ABC would relieve her of her duties at the earliest possible date. If he doesn't, he must enjoy that sort of putrid humor.

• Dolores Tatton

03/10/2018 12:20 PM

I feel sorry for Joy because she is not only insulting Mike Pence but the very name of Jesus Christ.

• P Harrington

03/10/2018 12:16 PM

Giving her time is a waste.
    She shows her lack of humanity in her thoughts and talk.

• Gerald Marquardt

03/10/2018 12:14 PM

Who really cares what that witch thinks

• Rebecca Overtin

03/10/2018 12:14 PM

Thank you for your delightfully stated discourse. Your mental ward comment was truly a gently delivered gut punch to anyone of like mind to Joy, who actually should be in a mental ward! I personally have devoted many hours, at the direction of the Lord while running loose and in public, doing what I can to effect removal of the offensive tripe called the View, alas to no avail. As always your delightful manner I'd not only appreciated but also well accomplishes your goal of being succinct. Thank you again! YIC

• Donna Ruth Caspari

03/10/2018 12:12 PM

Beautiful, Mike! Keep it up!

• Lee Anne Risk

03/10/2018 12:11 PM

Oprah is mentally I'll. Money has different effects on different people.

• DR JOHN ADAIR

03/10/2018 12:10 PM

Well, that's the difference between Joy Behar's Jesus and my Jesus. Dead men don't talk. Her "Jesus" is dead, and my Jesus (and Mike Pence's Jesus) is alive.

• Daniel Tsukamoto

03/10/2018 12:10 PM

She needs to apologize to the viewers as well. She did the first step well.

• Marilyn Braun

03/10/2018 12:09 PM

My son is the one who told me I should pay attention to you many years ago. He is very active in all conservative views. His car has a Trump sticker and he works hard in his district. Now because my sister sent me your letter I have the pleasure if reading your views and watch your daughter Sara on Fox News. I admit I am afraid to put a Trump sticker on my car, there is to much hate out there. My husband passed away 7 years ago this March. When I read your news I do not feel alone in my views and it gives my hope. Thank you for your service to our country! Marilyn

• Edna E. Cook

03/10/2018 12:07 PM

I don't know how Barbara worked with these two all these years. She was a very intelligent, had class, never said this kind of thing about any one. I do hope Joy and maybe Whoops have learned a lesson from this, and keep their comments to them selves. I would think their time on there is limited.

Joy Behar apologizes

March 10, 2018

• Tim Rash Sr.

03/10/2018 02:54 PM

• Gloria Hamilton

03/10/2018 02:41 PM

• Nadine Mortensen

03/10/2018 02:37 PM

• Thomas Cleveland

03/10/2018 02:30 PM

Thank you for your ear and keeping us informed.

• AL SCHATZ

03/10/2018 01:34 PM

to be so far out in left field

• Linda Hopkins

03/10/2018 01:24 PM

• Mary Lou Lee

03/10/2018 01:24 PM

JOY B. COULD READ THIS ONE BEFORE SPEAKING OUT ON ANYTHING OR ANYONE!

• C James Larmoyeux

03/10/2018 01:22 PM

• Pastor Lorraine Coconato

03/10/2018 01:20 PM

God bless you and Family richly!

In His Love,

• vivian martin

03/10/2018 12:59 PM

• Beth Mulvihill

03/10/2018 12:58 PM

• Lee Anne Risk

03/10/2018 12:57 PM

Until I hear it I won't believe it. Those women are Nasty !

• Deborah A. Hall

• Bill Codner Sr

03/10/2018 12:21 PM

• Dolores Tatton

03/10/2018 12:20 PM

• P Harrington

03/10/2018 12:16 PM

Giving her time is a waste.
    She shows her lack of humanity in her thoughts and talk.

• Gerald Marquardt

03/10/2018 12:14 PM

Who really cares what that witch thinks

• Rebecca Overtin

03/10/2018 12:14 PM

• Donna Ruth Caspari

03/10/2018 12:12 PM

Beautiful, Mike! Keep it up!

• Lee Anne Risk

03/10/2018 12:11 PM

Oprah is mentally I'll. Money has different effects on different people.

• DR JOHN ADAIR

03/10/2018 12:10 PM

• Daniel Tsukamoto

03/10/2018 12:10 PM

She needs to apologize to the viewers as well. She did the first step well.

• Marilyn Braun

03/10/2018 12:09 PM

• Edna E. Cook

03/10/2018 12:07 PM

Joy Behar apologizes

March 10, 2018

• Tim Rash Sr.

03/10/2018 02:54 PM

• Gloria Hamilton

03/10/2018 02:41 PM

• Nadine Mortensen

03/10/2018 02:37 PM

• Thomas Cleveland

03/10/2018 02:30 PM

Thank you for your ear and keeping us informed.

• AL SCHATZ

03/10/2018 01:34 PM

to be so far out in left field

• Linda Hopkins

03/10/2018 01:24 PM

• Mary Lou Lee

03/10/2018 01:24 PM

JOY B. COULD READ THIS ONE BEFORE SPEAKING OUT ON ANYTHING OR ANYONE!

• C James Larmoyeux

03/10/2018 01:22 PM

• Pastor Lorraine Coconato

03/10/2018 01:20 PM

God bless you and Family richly!

In His Love,

• vivian martin

03/10/2018 12:59 PM

• Beth Mulvihill

03/10/2018 12:58 PM

• Lee Anne Risk

03/10/2018 12:57 PM

Until I hear it I won't believe it. Those women are Nasty !

• Deborah A. Hall

• Bill Codner Sr

03/10/2018 12:21 PM

• Dolores Tatton

03/10/2018 12:20 PM

• P Harrington

03/10/2018 12:16 PM

Giving her time is a waste.
    She shows her lack of humanity in her thoughts and talk.

• Gerald Marquardt

03/10/2018 12:14 PM

Who really cares what that witch thinks

• Rebecca Overtin

03/10/2018 12:14 PM

• Donna Ruth Caspari

03/10/2018 12:12 PM

Beautiful, Mike! Keep it up!

• Lee Anne Risk

03/10/2018 12:11 PM

Oprah is mentally I'll. Money has different effects on different people.

• DR JOHN ADAIR

03/10/2018 12:10 PM

• Daniel Tsukamoto

03/10/2018 12:10 PM

She needs to apologize to the viewers as well. She did the first step well.

• Marilyn Braun