President Trump, in a wide-ranging phone interview Thursday evening with Sean Hannity, made it clear that much will be revealed in the coming days about what was really going in Obama’s Justice Department and FBI, and perhaps higher. Now that Mueller has finally concluded his investigation after failing to make the case for a Trump/Russia conspiracy to affect the 2016 election, it’s obvious that Trump has simply had enough of this lunacy. He is done. As he has known from the start, this was an investigation based on nothing. There is no point in continuing this farce, so not only is he telling congressional Democrats where they can put their subpoenas –- that means you, Jerry Nadler –- he’s also getting ready to declassify a multitude of documents --- even, he says, beyond the ones that have been discussed. It can’t come too soon.

In the meantime, John Solomon is busier than ever, breaking important news just about every day. Much of it right now has to do with Ukraine and helps explain why so much focus was placed on Paul Manafort in the investigation of Trump. Significantly, he has uncovered one of the earliest documented efforts to set in motion the phony Trump/Russia collusion narrative. It also happens to be one of the first to involve the White House.

After investigating Manafort briefly in 2014 for improper lobbying for a foreign government, the FBI dropped the case. But in 2016, after he became Trump’s campaign manager, it was miraculously revived and expanded. After Trump became President, the special counsel went after Manafort with a vengeance and handed his case off to a couple of U.S. district courts. (Manafort never did any “singing,” or, as Alan Dershowitz calls it, “composing,” against Trump, even though they kept him in solitary confinement (!) for months and ended up sending him to prison for what could very likely turn out to be a life sentence.)

So, how did Manfort get tangled up in the Trump/Russia “collusion” narrative? After his case was dropped with no charges in 2014, it had seemed as if his legal woes related to that were over. But a former political official at the Ukrainian embassy in Washington, DC, Victor Telizhenko, has a story to tell about how that investigation got mysteriously started up again. In January of 2016, just as Trump was starting to take off in his run for the presidency, Telizhenko was tasked with setting up some meetings for the Obama White House with Ukrainian authorities, ostensibly to help them with their internal anti-corruption efforts.

As Solomon can confirm through numerous accounts, “the gathering brought some of Ukraine’s top corruption prosecutors and investigators face-to-face with members of...President Obama’s National Security Council (NSC), the FBI, the State Department and Department of Justice (DOJ)."  The agenda was supposed to be “training and coordination,” but according to multiple Ukrainian participants, administration officials changed the focus, both during the meetings and afterwards. They made it clear that they wanted to revive the closed case concerning payments to Americans from Ukraine’s Russia-backed Party of Regions (that’s the 2014 Manafort case).

As Solomon explains, Manafort’s firm was tied to Donald Trump through his partner Roger Stone, who was a friend of Trump.

Telizhenko and other attendees recall the DOJ officials asking members of Ukraine’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NABU) if they could help locate new evidence concerning the payments that had been made to Americans. It became clear that even though payments were made to others besides Manafort –- notably Greg Craig, who’s only now being charged for failing to register as a foreign lobbyist –- Obama’s people were interested only in Manafort.

The main piece of evidence against Manafort was a black ledger showing payments he received from the Party of Regions. Ukrainian authorities had had it in their possession since the 2014 investigation, but just 10 days after Manafort was appointed as Trump’s campaign chairman –- the announcement was made on May 19, 2016 –- NABU leaked the existence of the ledger to the media. As a result, Manafort resigned as campaign chairman in August.

Why should we trust what these Ukrainian officials are saying now? After all, Ukraine is rife with corruption and its own Russian “meddling,”  Well, as it turns out, Department of Justice documents back it up. According to Solomon, DOJ emails show that on May 30, 2016, Nellie Ohr, who was working for Fusion GPS, alerted her husband Bruce Ohr, who was fourth in command at the DOJ, plus two DOJ prosecutors specializing in international crimes, Lisa Holtyn and Joseph Wheatley, that the black ledger documents had been discovered. “Reported Trove of documents on Ukrainian Party of Regions Black Cashbox,” she wrote, attaching a news article about the ledger.

Also, Bruce Ohr made notes of conversations he had with Christopher Steele about it. They were trying to get Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, whose business relationship with Manafort had soured, to talk to U.S. officials about him. This got as far as a September 2016 meeting with the FBI, in which they asked Deripaska if he could hep them prove Manafort was helping Trump collude with Russia. Deripaska laughed and called that idea preposterous. (Now that the special counsel investigation is over with no “collusion” charges, we know he was telling the truth --- it WAS preposterous.)

Incidentally, there was another case the U.S. officials wanted to talk to the Ukrainians about: the one involving Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, who was on the board of Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian energy company under investigation for improper foreign transfers of money. According to bank records, an American firm tied to Hunter Biden received $3 million in 2014-15. The American officials told them they wanted Kiev to drop their investigation into Burisma and let the FBI look into it. The Ukrainians didn’t want to. But then Joe Biden pressured Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to fire Ukraine’s chief prosecutor. The case was transferred to NABU and then shut down. (We’ve recently discussed this case. No doubt it will be receiving much scrutiny in the coming months, now that Biden has officially entered the 2020 campaign. It’s just one of many reasons Joe Biden should not be President.)

Anyway, as determined as Robert Mueller obviously was to find Russian “collusion,” he sure was looking in the wrong places. Gosh, he didn’t turn up any at all. Oh, wait, I forgot –- it only counted if it could be linked to Trump. But thanks to investigative reporters such as John Solomon, we’re learning that there was plenty of collusion, only that it involved Hillary’s campaign, the DNC and the highest levels of the Obama administration.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Linda Estes

04/26/2019 03:14 PM

Could it be that Obama’s chickens are coming home to roost? (Wonder where I got that from)

• Wanda Spurlock

04/26/2019 03:13 PM

I’m so tired of all the plots and sub-plots and accusations and denials that I could literally scream. Middle America is fed up. This Congress is worse than the one before it (which was worse than the ones before that, etc). They have no clue how to do what their actual job is. Honestly; I could write a border policy that would be fair, feasible, compassionate yet sensible. It wouldn’t be politically acceptable to them but it would be a start. I could give decent ideas about healthcare reform, education, food, drugs, inner city issues, farm issues, and possibly even foreign policy. I’m not a genius by any measure so the point I’m making is that Congress needs to stop running for election and trying to invalidate anything good done by their political enemies and start DOING THEIR JOB! I’m 64. I was release from my job after 30 years and a 4.0 out of 4.0 review average for many years. (Legal because they called it deleting my position during a corporate merger. Truth being they replaced me with two 28 year olds for half the money I had worked my way to over many years of hard work and sacrifice). I’m a registered Independent since I was 18 and I detest partisan politics. I admired you as a governor and supported your run for president. (I’m from Louisiana). My point is this ; there are about 28 million registered Independents and many many middle of the road Republicans. Heaven only knows how many but I’m sure there are also many moderate Democrats. We are frightened for our children and grandchildren. We are at the point is becoming very angry. We are terrified for our children and grandchildren. Someone needs to tell these idiots that our nation is set to collapse. Between the lunacy of the left and nuts on the far right plus the cold hearted cash grabbing corporations who run our world we can’t see a way forward without civil war breaking out. The obvious deliberate efforts to destroy our country is world. We are being split into factions in so many different areas that I can actually understand for the first time ever how these 2nd and 3rd world country can spend decades in civil wars and rebellions. But, at this point there are still millions and millions of us that simply love our God, our neighbor, our families, and simply want leadership in state and federal government to bring order to this country. Surely there are some people that can educate the people and override the lies and “noise” made by main stream media so that TRUTH can be seen and shared. We DONT CARE anymore about who colluded with whom in the last twenty years. It’s too late and if we don’t get over it then it’s all done. We won’t have a country in 12 years (eye-roll) but it won’t be because of climate change. It will be because the people who are being elected to represent us simply don’t know what to do and most of them won’t admit it. THIS is the truth that needs to be told. It’s the only one that can bring the people back together. What do we do ?

• Patricia hyden

04/26/2019 02:54 PM

I love your commentary! Go get em. Hang them high.

• Doug Pinckney

04/26/2019 02:53 PM

I hope it does blow-up in the liberals faces all the way back and to Obama.

The liberals are so busy trying to show and tell the American people, why conservatives should not be in Presidential administrations let alone in Senate and House representation. There still is enough educated American people who can make up their own minds.
    And now we'll be watching the scams blow-up into the faces of countless liberals. I hope the Hillary emails and her collusion with Russia come up and wouldn't it be nice if Obama, Bill Clinton, and maybe Schumer, Pelosi and a large number of these career politicians could get linked to all the misuse and illegal activities, building them up millions of illegitimate income through espionage and mob-like brutality over the American people. It's time for truth and for truth reporting. It's time for the liberal media to come crashing down and unbiased reporting to take its place. It's time for term limits to come in place and replace all these career politicians to retire and let new younger representation take over but only for no more than two terms for all offices, if they can win reelection. There didn't use to be any term called career politics and there shouldn't be if only the American people any especially young Americans could learn history and become educated as to my we need to stay as far away from Socialism and Communism as possible and why they are bad for us.

And I can't think of a better administration to take them there than a Huckabee Administration.
    God bless you sir and your family.

A strong admirer of your work,
    Doug Pinckney

• Dale Grosh

04/26/2019 02:09 PM

I hope the President declassifies every document possible so that the American people can see who was involved in these crimes & let the chips fall where they may !! Part of draining the swamp...and let’s build the wall!

• Kay Campbell

04/26/2019 01:51 PM

Everyone, and I mean everyone, knows about the Clinton’s dishonesty, the corruption of Obama’s administration and the conversion of the DOJ into a political machine. But just like the weather, everyone talks about it, but no one does anything about it.
    Spineless, milquetoast Republicans, are you waiting for CNN or MSNBC to break the story?

• Anne Turner

04/26/2019 01:45 PM

But will it make any difference. The Liberal mindset is so warped that facts mean nothing. I fear for a Dem victory in 2020. I could not bring myself to read much of it but Hilary had a self serving column in the Washington Post yesterday.

• Elizabeth Crouse

04/26/2019 01:45 PM

The VA may be better but it is not fixed. Retired military need to do the assessment. Foreign doctors are about all they have and the nurses do most of the work. If you did a walk thru analysis, personnel could be reduced. Also if you analysis cost of running the VA or sending to private doctors, the last would be less expensive with better care. I got my husband out of VA.

• CARMEN PRICE

04/26/2019 01:44 PM

Governor Huckabee,
    I noticed the logo for VP Biden looks almost or similar to the one Obama had, NOOOOOOOOOO, no more "hope and change". We lost our hope and there was no change! I lost my doctor, I lost my health insurance, bad deal. And I read in a book by an ex-secret service officer that Joe liked to swim in the nude in front of female secret service officers, if that is true, look out Joe, some one will spill the beans! Fact check
    this item.
    I am also thinking with all these candidates jumping into the ring, the poor democrat voters will have such a hard time deciding hope they will just throw up their hands and vote for Trump!
    Also I can't wait to see the interview you are doing with Sarah, ought to break ratings!
    Hugs
    Carmen Price
    Reno, NV

• Kevin Cook

04/26/2019 01:43 PM

This means Biden knew of the illegal election interference and subsequent illegal but thank God failed presidential coup.

• Ken Nab

04/26/2019 01:20 PM

Mike,
    If this is right and true - that there was an attempted Coup d'etat vs. Trump, that there was collusion and illegal activity between Bhillary & Russia or Ukraine (via Podesta Group et al) and between the Bidens and Ukraine - I can't believe that there is not ONE or TWO democrats willing to stand up to the force of the dems and the power of the Clintons, Biden and really Obama? I do know that the $145M "donated" by Russian interests to Clinton's Foundation can be spread like manure very far amongst the swamp rats. We need to follow the money. Plus I can understand their reluctance since so many of the Clinton's detractors end out committing "suicide" or "having accidents" or getting robbed and murdered (i.e., Seth Rich, even though he was robbed of nothing but his ability to talk and breathe) but if I was ...say a moderate democRAT (ie Tim Ryan) running for POTUS and wanted to stand out among the clown show that is the dem party and primary... I would want to do this and become the reformer, the upholder of the rule of law, the eradicator of corruption in the party and I might be able to claim the center (if there is one) of the dem party. First I would raise lots of money to hire 24/7 security....

I would bring up the media doing their job but that is out the window anymore....

Frustration is high, Mike... We need to get it ALL out and if the trail leads to all the top dogs including a former potus, and vpotus, fine, it has to be. We cannot survive as a free republic if this is permitted to get swept under the rug. We can't.

Thoughts? By the way, your daughter is a great chip off the ole block. Fantastic.

Thanks, Ken

• Frank Netry Sr

04/26/2019 01:17 PM

Thank you Governor Huckabee! I enjoyed your article greatly! You are a Great American!
    Your daughter Sarah is doing a great job! God Bless you both for your service to our Great country!

• Linda Strum

04/26/2019 01:16 PM

And the best part is seeing hope emerge. The pervasive darkness that he demanded and which grew like a cancer throughout this nation is being exposed. The light begets light and the contrast is so striking there can be no mistaking the truth.

• Verlyn Steinbach

04/26/2019 12:59 PM

Some days I wish President Trump was half the threat the dems think he is!! When does Roger Stone get full disclosure? He should get an unredacted Mueller Report, minutes of the Ukraine meeting and a full report of Chelsea Manning.

• Franklin Pulpan

04/26/2019 12:45 PM

Let the chips fall where they may. We’ve spent two years and untold amounts of money and wasted time on a “witch hunt” orchestrated by the “Deep State” which includes so called “Republicans”. We must return OUR Country to the people and truly “drain the swamp”. Let’s make and keep America great for future generations. GOD BLESS AMERICA and thanks to you Governor Huckabee for standing tall for God and Country.

• Billy David Turrentine Jr

04/26/2019 12:43 PM

Great reporting and great show hosting Laura Ingram Show Wednesday with guests Mayor Rudi and other federal prosecutors. Thanks

• Marlene Helfrick

04/26/2019 12:41 PM

Can we now have a special counsel appointed to investigate Obama, his administration criminals, and Hillary? As Mueller was involved in the Uranium 1 deal maybe he needs investigating too. Recent exposure of his hiding exculpatory evidence is worthy of a look see too.

• Bonnie Osborne

04/26/2019 12:36 PM

As much as I’d like to move on from all this, I think people must be brought to justice to regain any confidence in our government.

• Kathleen Burkhardt

04/26/2019 12:23 PM

great article, sure put light on what is going on in D.C.

• Jeanette Couch

04/26/2019 11:58 AM

Thank goodness for John Solomon.

• James R Clarke Sr

04/26/2019 11:53 AM

Keep digging and let’s put these criminals that are deep states stooges and expose their activities that have been buried all during Obama’s disastrous reign to destroy our nation and help Islamist gain a foot hold into our nations high federal office ! Trump was right from the beginning about the fake news !

• Roger D. Brailer

04/26/2019 11:52 AM

HELLO,JUST ONE THING, I DONT GET WHY IT TAKES SO LONG FOR THESE IDIOTS TO GET CAUGHT AND HANDCUFFED?[BTW,THEY NEED HANDCUFFED AND THE KEY THROWN AWAY!!!!!]

• Franck Prissert

04/26/2019 11:48 AM

Governor, spot on as usual. I will go one step further though, beyond the domestic issue of our elections. I would love to send you the book I published last November, "Between Obama's Lines - How We Almost Lost The Middle East, The Cold War, and The Atlantic Alliance." You can get a glimpse of it at FranckPrissert.com . The bottom line: Obama/Clinton et al allowed Putin to "almost" conquer the Middle East, on his way to Eurasia. i.e. they trashed sixty years of Truman Doctrine. The book's timeline ends in late 2014, when the Alliance between Israel, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and the Kurds was coming to the fore. Today it is called the Arab NATO, established to fight Putin's Russo-Islamic Alliance. There was no Mueller then, no Comey, no Uranium One (as we know it now), but there was Brennan, Clapper, Kerry, Rice, Power, Nulland, etc. Actually, I stand corrected. Mueller was there during the Benghazi cover-up which led to General Petraeus' last minute-before-Obama's-reelection demise... I wrote the book for the young adults and older folks who want to know "how did we get there?" The "why" question was difficult to answer then. It is now very clear and, as I said, it goes way beyond our domestic issues. Thank you for reading this, and God Bless.

• Harold Levi

04/26/2019 11:42 AM

It is well passed the time to take off the kid-gloves!!! What has been described is TREASON!! The Obama White-house and associates are TRAITORS!!

• Merlynne Parker

04/26/2019 10:23 AM

Thank you. Please work to get this to the masses

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Linda Estes

04/26/2019 03:14 PM

• Wanda Spurlock

04/26/2019 03:13 PM

• Patricia hyden

04/26/2019 02:54 PM

I love your commentary! Go get em. Hang them high.

• Doug Pinckney

04/26/2019 02:53 PM

I hope it does blow-up in the liberals faces all the way back and to Obama.

God bless you sir and your family.

A strong admirer of your work,

• Marlene Helfrick

04/26/2019 12:41 PM

• Bonnie Osborne

04/26/2019 12:36 PM

• Kathleen Burkhardt

04/26/2019 12:23 PM

great article, sure put light on what is going on in D.C.

• Jeanette Couch

04/26/2019 11:58 AM

Thank goodness for John Solomon.

• James R Clarke Sr

04/26/2019 11:53 AM

• Roger D. Brailer

04/26/2019 11:52 AM

• Franck Prissert

04/26/2019 11:48 AM

• Harold Levi

04/26/2019 11:42 AM

• Merlynne Parker

04/26/2019 10:23 AM

Thank you. Please work to get this to the masses

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Linda Estes

04/26/2019 03:14 PM

• Wanda Spurlock

04/26/2019 03:13 PM

• Patricia hyden

04/26/2019 02:54 PM

I love your commentary! Go get em. Hang them high.

• Doug Pinckney

04/26/2019 02:53 PM

I hope it does blow-up in the liberals faces all the way back and to Obama.

God bless you sir and your family.

A strong admirer of your work,

• Marlene Helfrick

04/26/2019 12:41 PM

• Bonnie Osborne

04/26/2019 12:36 PM

• Kathleen Burkhardt

04/26/2019 12:23 PM

great article, sure put light on what is going on in D.C.

• Jeanette Couch

04/26/2019 11:58 AM

Thank goodness for John Solomon.

• James R Clarke Sr