Evening Edition - December 21

December 21, 2019

I’ve been referring for a while now to the House Democrats’ “impeachment” of President Trump as theater, but maybe a more accurate comparison would be to a bad movie. A lot of money and trouble went into making it, but once it was done, the producer (Nancy Pelosi) got a good look at it, realized it was a dog that would never play, and is trying to quietly dispose of it by dumping it on the straight-to-video market.

How else to explain the dizzying logic of claiming that Trump is such an existential danger to America that he must be impeached RIGHT NOW, even before Christmas...and then refusing to send the case to the Senate and adjourning until January, after inviting Trump to come to the House and give his State of the Union Address on February 4th?

She claims the invitation is in “the spirit of respecting our Constitution,” but why would she start doing that now? More likely, it’s because she knows Trump will still be President, so it’s in the spirit of finally respecting reality.  By the way, if she expects both the nation and the Constitution to still be around in February, then obviously, she doesn’t really believe Trump is an immediate existential danger.

Rep. Devin Nunes, who has a demonstrated history of being able to sniff out fraudulent partisan fish stories, said that Pelosi’s refusal to send the articles to the Senate unless she gets to dictate the terms of a “fair trial” (which she knows she has no power to do) proves this was always a “fake impeachment,” presumably just to mollify the rabid anti-Trumpers in her party who’ve been demanding he be impeached since he was elected.

(On a side note, some conspiracy-minded folks are suggesting that Pelosi will hold off until after the 2020 elections, in hopes the Democrats win back the Senate, then rubber-stamp it for an equally unfair, partisan, evidence-free conviction.  Two problems with that: it’s highly questionable that articles of impeachment passed by a House that no longer exists would legally still be in effect for a future Senate.  Also, it requires a two-thirds vote to impeach, and just by doing this, the Democrats are making it more likely that they will lose seats in the next election.  With Trump on the top of the ticket, there won’t be an off-year “blue wave.”)

Naturally, Trump doesn’t want to let Pelosi get away with this unprecedented dirty trick of using a fake impeachment to hang over his head, so he tweeted this:

“So after the Democrats gave me no Due Process in the House, no lawyers, no witnesses, no nothing, they now want to tell the Senate how to run their trial. Actually, they have zero proof of anything, they will never even show up. They want out. I want an immediate trial!”

Certainly understandable.  But if I were a betting man, I’d say the smart money will be on Pelosi never sending her garbage document over, Mitch McConnell declaring it a dead issue for lack of action by the House (which as even one of the Democrats' anti-Trump law professors told them, would mean he was never officially impeached at all), and then the Senate can start subpoenaing people to untangle the genesis of this whole dark chapter in US political history and maybe uncover the real corruption it was intended to hide.

------------------------

A big salute to all the members of multiple law enforcement agencies who were involved in the takedown of a massive crime syndicate in New York run by the vicious Central American gang, MS-13.  The operation resulted in the arrest of 96 gangsters on 77 charges, including illegal weapons sales and possession and conspiracy to commit murder.

Authorities say the bust foiled at least seven alleged murder plots and resulted in the confiscation of “substantial amounts of cocaine and the deadlier opioid fentanyl, as well as handguns, long guns, machetes and $200,000 in cash.”

Those arrested range in age from 59 down as young as 16, and include both US citizens and illegal immigrants.  In other words, these are the young MS-13 gang members that President Trump said we need to keep out of the US (or as the Democrats call them, "immigrant children.") In fact, it was at a rally in this exact area in New York in 2017 where he said, “They kidnap, they extort, they rape and they rob. They prey on children. They shouldn’t be here.”

For that, he was falsely accused of being a racist, and referring to all Mexicans or all immigrants as murderers and rapists. Maybe this story will finally make it clear what he was really talking about. Click on the link to read the disturbing detailing and see the pictures.  And remember, these people particularly flock to “sanctuary cities” where law enforcement refuses to work with ICE and they get to roam free, preying on American citizens.  If you live in one of those cities, I pray for your safety, and that you can muster the votes to replace your misguided local officials.

------------------------------------------------

I’ve long noticed that about the only time the mainstream media give positive coverage anymore to people of faith is when they can find someone who will attack other people of faith, or who will take the leftist side in a political issue. So naturally, when the magazine Christianity Today, which was founded by the Rev. Billy Graham, published an editorial endorsing the impeachment and removal of President Trump, that got all kinds of media coverage.  The editor even cited Graham’s name

That fired up the Rev. Franklin Graham, who wrote: “Yes, my father Billy Graham founded Christianity Today; but no, he would not agree with their opinion piece. In fact, he would be very disappointed.” He said Christianity Today had moved to the left and “now represents the elitist liberal wing of evangelicalism.” He pointed out that no Republicans, many of whom are strong Christians, were convinced by the “evidence,” and neither were a couple of Democrats. He called the impeachment vote “politically motivated, 100% partisan,” and said Trump has been a pro-life champion and a staunch defender of religious freedom.

He also revealed for the first time that his late father voted for Trump, believing him to be “the man for this hour in history for our nation.”

Now, I feel I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you the reason that Christianity Today gave for demanding Trump’s removal, so I will quote their editorial verbatim:

“But the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.”

My response: Weeks of the most partisan, rigged proceedings imaginable produced no evidence that Trump did that, beyond second- and third-hand hearsay.  All of the principals (including the Ukrainian President Trump was allegedly pressuring) denied it. None of the alleged “witnesses” actually witnessed anything.  The one person who claimed it was definitely true (and who turned out to be the poisoned well that was the source of all the other hearsay) folded like a garage sale card table under questioning, admitting that the one time he talked to Trump, Trump said the exact opposite and denied that he wanted any quid pro quo.

By claiming that the “facts are unambiguous” that Trump is guilty, Christianity Today is plainly lying to its readers. I find that to be profoundly immoral. Maybe they should drop the politics and get back to reading the Bible. If so, they might stumble across a line in Exodus that most of us know as the Eighth Commandment:

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor."

-----------------------------

Starting Monday, my staffers and I will be taking a much-needed Christmas week break from the news.  But fear not: like Santa’s toys, the Huckabee newsletter will continue to be delivered all over the world!

Back when I was doing the “Huckabee Report” radio show and had just written my book, “A Simple Christmas,” I asked listeners to share their favorite holiday memories. We received so many incredible stories, from the hilarious to the miraculous, that it became a holiday tradition.  This year, I’ve gathered a selection of some of my favorite stories that remind of us of the true meaning of Christmas. Some you may have heard before, and others are being shared here for the first time, but I’m sure you’ll love them all.

Of course, if anything happens that’s so important, it’s worth me stopping playing with my grandchildren to write about it, I will (but don’t count on that!)  Give yourself a break, too: just tune out the noise, politics and divisiveness and enjoy this happy season.

And if you have a treasured family Christmas story you’d like to share in the comments, I’d love to read it.  Please be advised though (here comes the legal boilerplate) that by doing so, you grant us the right to share your story with others in the future in various media.  For instance, if you have a great story like the ones I’m sharing this year, I might lift it out of the comments and share it with everyone next year.

Thank you for your support of this newsletter and my website and TV show in 2019.  I hope you’ll enjoy next week’s special Christmas editions, and have a blessed and Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year!

• Louise Williams

12/22/2019 12:22 AM

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Best wishes for a healthy and happy 2020.

• WILLIAM JAKOVAC

12/22/2019 12:18 AM

On my navy ships, we would change to dress uniforms for Christmas dinner. In port, our families would be invited onboard. The tables had tablecloths, dishes were used instead of the metal trays, and the officers ate with the crew. On Christmas Eve, "Santa" delivered presents to the crew as we slept, awakening to a new pair of socks at the foot of our racks. The outline of the ships were all decorated with lights just like on houses. Yes, Christmases were some of the important and remembered times during my service. Merry Christmas, Mike.

• Marion Lovell

12/22/2019 12:14 AM

I sure love reading your email newsletter! it is so refreshing after seeing all the "fake news"
    Wishing you and yours a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

• Marilyn Reed

12/21/2019 11:32 PM

On my 9th Christmas I wanted a horse. Christmas morning under the tree was a box the size of a doll. I decided to be brave and appreciate the doll. But inside was another box then another box and then a treasure map. The first place to go was the hay barn, then the feed barn, then the barn. I started for the barn but they made me follow the map. The saddle blanket was in the hay barn, saddle in the seed barn, and of course the horse in the barn. The horse was saddled up and I went for a ride. Unfortunately we had gotten the horse from a riding academy where I learned to ride on her. She had been there so long she was herd bound and ran away. She was scared. Pickup and car in hot pursuit. They got her stopped and my big sister tried, she ran away with her too. At my grandparents house later in the day knowing I had gotten my hearts desire my grandma asked me about it and I just burst into tears. Worse Christmas of my life.

• Kevin J Cook

12/21/2019 11:19 PM

Merry Christmas to you and your fantastic family and a Happy KAG New Year Governor!

• Bruce Vanderhoef

12/21/2019 10:01 PM

I can't wait to watch the State of the Union address in February. Watch all the Dems (that are so intent on respecting the Constitution) sit on their hands and refuse to applaud the horrible (for them) reality of more Americans working, a renewed military, less government intrusion, and an increase in wages to name a few. The worst thing for them is having those pesky voters living a life of freedom that doesn't rely on their intrusion. Watch their side of the isle look like they are sucking on sour lemons. If they won't like this, they'll be on suicide watch come November elections.

• Mark Forde

12/21/2019 10:00 PM

I will send you my Christmas story later, meanwhile just wanted to say...I truly enjoy how are able to respond to the haters with a twist of humor. It’s sorta like ya thump them on the head in a correcting grandpa way (I’ve had my head thumped so speak from experience) ... then after a good thump place them in the corner. Yep, sho nuff love it. By the way, I still have my ol Huckabee and yard sign. I know God hand placed you. Ya know something, no bully likes to be mocked, which is why Daddy God laughs at the wicked. So in your funny way Daddy God is laughing at the wicked through you. Keep up the good work and enjoy your grandkids. Merry Christmas.

• Sandra Blake

12/21/2019 08:55 PM

trump is indeed a defender of religious freedom, something that was !asking in the previous administration, and which scores a lot of points in my book!
    thank you for providing a different viewpoint from all the liberal media!

• J Howard Markley Jr

12/21/2019 08:34 PM

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Governor!

• Daniel Brown

12/21/2019 08:33 PM

Keep up the good work.
    We NEED honesty in the media, which is far & few between.

• Robert F. Dimlich

12/21/2019 08:32 PM

Having accomplished nothing in three years, The democrats in the House should return their three years of salary to the U.S. Treasury.

• Judy Krahulec

12/21/2019 08:25 PM

Merry Christmas to you and your amazing family. We cannot thank you enough for your words of encouragement while our President goes through this fabricated nonsense.

• Ron Martin

12/21/2019 08:21 PM

Merry Christmas. Thank you and all your staff for the great job they do bringing the truth to us. My wife and I appreciate you efforts.

• Linda C. Furlong

12/21/2019 08:19 PM

There's no way Pelosi can outsmart McConnell.

• Gary Stilwell

12/21/2019 08:09 PM

I saw this article by Christianity Today earlier. I also saw the rebuttal by Graham's son--I immediately delved into the reasons for this attack that was certainly not what Jesus would have done, or condoned. Turns out, it is purely political. the CT article does indeed spread lies, and certainly not the Christian moral position--they are undeserving of the name they have adopted--this is what results when folks are subjected to the constant barrage of "me too" or "you owe me" mentality the democrats(not all) are popularizing.
    I sent an email to the mag--they are refusing to even give me the decency of a reply--I'm not surprised----

• Jerry Korba

12/21/2019 08:09 PM

The Farce of Impeachment was brought forward in a way where the event was created falsely from the beginning. It rode its way to illegal rules and improper order a statement can be interpreted today almost any PC way and the framers can spin a few words in a total misrepresentation of the facts the Farce Impeachment is evidence of that. Midnight MASS on Christmas Eve was always time for Celebration of whom has become my best Friend Jesus I may not have known it quite as well when in my youth at the time fear and respect was at the top of the list today Love replaced most of the Fear and Respect is Loves equal ;Jesus is a great friend He put his best Angel to keep watch over me my Guardian Angel had its hands full keeping me safe for that I give THANKS. Merry Christmas to all !!!!!

• Janet Rector

12/21/2019 08:05 PM

Thank you Mike for all you do to set the world straight on what is really going on. God Bless, and Merry Christmas.

• Jack Houts

12/21/2019 08:02 PM

Mike,
    Thanx for your program on TBN.
    Also,
    Contact President Trump's staff about signing the democrat bill
    about the all encompassing provisions that the democrats want passed.
    It includes line item deletions & many bad ,bad thing that can be deleted
    or changed when the democrats come back into power. (God forbid).
    I do not know the # of the bill.
    President Trump has done so much for America & God has given us a
    window of time to repent ..America needs a Revival. Truth and Godliness
    has been lost & the aclu & soros is trying to destroy America.
    Have a Blessed CHRISTmas. Jack Houts

• Jeff Struwe

12/21/2019 07:52 PM

Christmas memory: Grandma's house for Christmas. She had 6 girls and 2 boys. So we had many cousins. By the time I was born all of grandma's children had left leaving a couple in a small town in South Dakota. The rest were all spread across the U.S. - a few in California. Grandma and grandpa were very poor. I don't remember my grandpa working - he was 15 years older than grandma. Grandma worked for one of the wealthy families in town cleaning their offices and at times walking a good distance to work in their home cleaning, doing laundry, and cooking. As grandma was raising her family, they lived close to the tracks and during the hard times of the 30's many hobos wandered into town. Grandma always had something to give them to eat. So it wasn't surprising that she didn't have a lot to give at Christmas. But could she cook. When I was in the service we communicated many times via letter. She was so special. Later in her life she was in her 80's and I was living in Washington state when I got word that she probably didn't have much time left. I flew home and all my aunts and uncles were gathered at the nursing home. When I arrived I was warned that because of her alzeimer's she probably wouldn't recognize me, she didn't know any others of the family. But, when I saw her, her eyes grew bright and called me by name. Christmas always brings out the best of memories. Thank you for letting me share. Merry Christmas to you Gov. Mike and your family. May God bless you immensely in Jesus name.

• Ellen Chouinard

12/21/2019 07:52 PM

I wish you a very Merry Christmas with your family.

• Keith harter

12/21/2019 07:51 PM

What about our President's guarantee of a "speedy trial" that the Democrat's are not allowing?

• Mark and Ruth Harbour

12/21/2019 07:39 PM

My wife and I are American missionaries in Taiwan. We deeply appreciate
    the work you do to keep us informed of the truth behind so
    much false news. God bless you and your daughter, your families
    and staff, Merry Christmas!

• Sid Levin

12/21/2019 07:39 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HANUKKAH to YOU and your family!
    May you receive ALL the blessings of the season!

• Beatrice Brooks

12/21/2019 07:27 PM

Keep up the good work. I depend on you to keep me posted on what’s really the truth. I don’t watch news it’s too disturbing for me.

• Dianed DeVoe

12/21/2019 07:22 PM

Merry Christmas Mr. Huckabee and family. God Bless you!

Evening Edition - December 21

December 21, 2019

------------------------

------------------------------------------------

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor."

-----------------------------

• Louise Williams

12/22/2019 12:22 AM

• WILLIAM JAKOVAC

12/22/2019 12:18 AM

• Marion Lovell

12/22/2019 12:14 AM

Wishing you and yours a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

• Marilyn Reed

12/21/2019 11:32 PM

• Kevin J Cook

12/21/2019 11:19 PM

• Bruce Vanderhoef

12/21/2019 10:01 PM

• Mark Forde

12/21/2019 10:00 PM

• Sandra Blake

12/21/2019 08:55 PM

thank you for providing a different viewpoint from all the liberal media!

• J Howard Markley Jr

12/21/2019 08:34 PM

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Governor!

• Daniel Brown

12/21/2019 08:33 PM

Keep up the good work.
    We NEED honesty in the media, which is far & few between.

• Robert F. Dimlich

12/21/2019 08:32 PM

• Judy Krahulec

12/21/2019 08:25 PM

• Ron Martin

12/21/2019 08:21 PM

• Linda C. Furlong

12/21/2019 08:19 PM

There's no way Pelosi can outsmart McConnell.

• Gary Stilwell

12/21/2019 08:09 PM

• Jerry Korba

12/21/2019 08:09 PM

• Janet Rector

12/21/2019 08:05 PM

• Jack Houts

12/21/2019 08:02 PM

Mike,
    Thanx for your program on TBN.
    Also,
    Contact President Trump's staff about signing the democrat bill
    about the all encompassing provisions that the democrats want passed.
    It includes line item deletions & many bad ,bad thing that can be deleted
    or changed when the democrats come back into power. (God forbid).
    I do not know the # of the bill.
    President Trump has done so much for America & God has given us a
    window of time to repent ..America needs a Revival. Truth and Godliness
    has been lost & the aclu & soros is trying to destroy America.
    Have a Blessed CHRISTmas. Jack Houts

• Jeff Struwe

12/21/2019 07:52 PM

• Ellen Chouinard

12/21/2019 07:52 PM

I wish you a very Merry Christmas with your family.

• Keith harter

12/21/2019 07:51 PM

• Mark and Ruth Harbour

12/21/2019 07:39 PM

My wife and I are American missionaries in Taiwan. We deeply appreciate
    the work you do to keep us informed of the truth behind so
    much false news. God bless you and your daughter, your families
    and staff, Merry Christmas!

• Sid Levin

12/21/2019 07:39 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HANUKKAH to YOU and your family!
    May you receive ALL the blessings of the season!

• Beatrice Brooks

12/21/2019 07:27 PM

• Dianed DeVoe

12/21/2019 07:22 PM

Merry Christmas Mr. Huckabee and family. God Bless you!

Evening Edition - December 21

December 21, 2019

------------------------

------------------------------------------------

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor."

-----------------------------

• Louise Williams

12/22/2019 12:22 AM

• WILLIAM JAKOVAC

12/22/2019 12:18 AM

• Marion Lovell

12/22/2019 12:14 AM

Wishing you and yours a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

• Marilyn Reed

12/21/2019 11:32 PM

• Kevin J Cook

12/21/2019 11:19 PM

• Bruce Vanderhoef

12/21/2019 10:01 PM

• Mark Forde

12/21/2019 10:00 PM

• Sandra Blake

12/21/2019 08:55 PM

thank you for providing a different viewpoint from all the liberal media!

• J Howard Markley Jr

12/21/2019 08:34 PM

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Governor!

• Daniel Brown

12/21/2019 08:33 PM

Keep up the good work.
    We NEED honesty in the media, which is far & few between.

• Robert F. Dimlich

12/21/2019 08:32 PM

• Judy Krahulec

12/21/2019 08:25 PM

• Ron Martin

12/21/2019 08:21 PM

• Linda C. Furlong

12/21/2019 08:19 PM

There's no way Pelosi can outsmart McConnell.

• Gary Stilwell

12/21/2019 08:09 PM

• Jerry Korba

12/21/2019 08:09 PM

• Janet Rector

12/21/2019 08:05 PM

• Jack Houts

12/21/2019 08:02 PM

Mike,
    Thanx for your program on TBN.
    Also,
    Contact President Trump's staff about signing the democrat bill
    about the all encompassing provisions that the democrats want passed.
    It includes line item deletions & many bad ,bad thing that can be deleted
    or changed when the democrats come back into power. (God forbid).
    I do not know the # of the bill.
    President Trump has done so much for America & God has given us a
    window of time to repent ..America needs a Revival. Truth and Godliness
    has been lost & the aclu & soros is trying to destroy America.
    Have a Blessed CHRISTmas. Jack Houts

• Jeff Struwe

12/21/2019 07:52 PM

• Ellen Chouinard

12/21/2019 07:52 PM

I wish you a very Merry Christmas with your family.

• Keith harter

12/21/2019 07:51 PM

• Mark and Ruth Harbour

12/21/2019 07:39 PM

My wife and I are American missionaries in Taiwan. We deeply appreciate
    the work you do to keep us informed of the truth behind so
    much false news. God bless you and your daughter, your families
    and staff, Merry Christmas!

• Sid Levin

12/21/2019 07:39 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HANUKKAH to YOU and your family!
    May you receive ALL the blessings of the season!

• Beatrice Brooks

12/21/2019 07:27 PM

• Dianed DeVoe

12/21/2019 07:22 PM

Merry Christmas Mr. Huckabee and family. God Bless you!