Morning Edition - October 3

October 3, 2020 |

MORNING EDITION

October 3, 2020

By Mike Huckabee

“USA OR NBA: THAT IS AN EASY CHOICE FOR ME."

For those who don’t follow sports, Jason Whitlock is a highly-regarded sportswriter with over 25 years’ experience, including ESPN, Fox Sports, AOL Sports, the Sporting News and other major outlets. He is also African-American. And he’s just taken a brave stand against the prevailing PC orthodoxy in professional sports with a must-read column at Outkick.com called “USA or NBA: That Is An Easy Choice For Me.”

The gist is that as a lifelong basketball fan, he “just can’t take it anymore.” He’s had enough of "the kneeling. Black Lives Matter splashed across the court. The finger-wagging, self-righteous commercials. The ‘Vote’ T-shirts. The silly slogans on the back of the jerseys.” And for the first time ever, he turned off game one of the NBA Finals when only one brave player defied the groupthink and stood during the National Anthem.

Whitlock describes how the NBA, with players like Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan, used to represent the best of America. But now, all the league, players and Nike care about is pleasing China and selling to the Chinese market. Whitlock writes:

“(LeBron) James, Nike and China have dragged the NBA into a racial propaganda war with the United States as the opposition. I feel like I’m being forced to choose between love of country and love of basketball. That’s not a hard choice for me. I choose America. I can survive without the NBA. The NBA apparently can’t survive without pleasing communist-run China.” And they’re doing it by treating people like Jacob Blake as if they were Medgar Evers or Rosa Parks and genuflecting before Black Lives Matter, “a Marxist, anti-religion organization.”

He writes, “Black Lives Matter and Antifa are burning down a country I love. I’m not going to support a group of pampered millionaires who support the anarchists destroying the country that made them rich.”

Those are just the highlights so please click through and read the entire thing. I’m sure he’ll get grief over it from the media and the league, so show your support in the comments. FYI: when I read it, there were already 69 comments, and every last one was in complete agreement.

Maybe that would explain the catastrophic ratings drop for the finals opener between the Miami Heat and the Lakers with LeBron James. Even with millions of Americans stuck at home on lockdown, viewership plummeted 45% from last year to just 7.41 million, the smallest audience for the NBA Finals since 1994.

As they say, "Get woke, go broke." Or to put it in terms Nike would understand: “Swoosh! There went all your fans and customers!”

HYSTERIA UPDATE

The Piedmont Unified School District in California announced that students would have to undergo “anti-racism” training, including the controversial topics of “systemic racism” and “identity privilege,” after a noose-like rope was spotted dangling from a tree in front of a local home.

The “noose” turned out to be nothing more than a child’s rope swing, but if you think that meant the school realized it was just an overblown false alarm with zero racist intentions and canceled the brainwashing, then you don’t know how today’s schools work. By all means, teach children that lynchings were an awful and tragic page of America’s history. But that’s not what they’re doing. I won’t quote it here because it’s a stream of leftist gobbledygook, but click the link to read how the school administrators attempt to use racism from the past to justify pushing more racism in the present.

LOOK WHO IS MODERATING

I’ve known for a while that the moderator of the next Presidential debate is a former intern for Joe Biden, but it’s nice to see that word is finally getting around. Although I don’t know whether “intern” is really worse than “lap dog,” so I’m not certain why anyone is surprised.

By the way, knowing Joe Biden’s pathological fear of getting COVID-19 (understandable; he is 77 years old), and that the debate is set for just two weeks from now, I wonder what the odds are that it will actually take place or if Biden’s handlers will see Trump’s having just left quarantine by that time as a viable excuse to cancel. If so, I refer you to my suggestion after debate #1: “Debate by Zoom conference.”

"THEY DON'T HEAR VERY WELL, DO THEY?"

“They Don’t Hear Very Well, Do They?” The media continue to press President Trump to denounce white supremacist groups and claim he refuses to do it. I recently shared a video showing him doing that exact thing on seven different occasions. Now, someone has compiled a longer video showing him doing it on 17 different occasions. You can watch it at this link, along with some more examples the video left out, which brings the total number of public condemnations of white supremacists to over 20.

All of this is a straw man. There is no giant surge in the number of white supremacist hate groups, or the SPLC wouldn't have to keep slandering benign Christian conservative groups as "hate groups" to gin up donations. We also know that the ludicrous claim that the rioters destroying blue cities are rightwing extremists in disguise is a lie because if they really were rightwingers, instead of being immediately released to do it again, they'd actually be arrested, jailed and have the book thrown at them, like anyone in those cities who uses his Second Amendment rights to defend his life, property or family.

The idea that Trump's supporters are all racists and white supremacists is a feeble excuse the Democrats cooked up to explain why he beat them in 2016. It saved them having to do any serious self-reflection about why they were really rejected, like the fact that eight years of Obama had proven that their policies are a disaster, and that they had nominated the most arrogant, entitled, dishonest and unlikable candidate in history.

Incidentally, the one candidate in the 2020 Presidential race who actually has been endorsed by a genuine, prominent white supremacist (Richard Spencer) is Joe Biden.

His campaign denounced the endorsement, but Biden himself never has personally. So how come the media aren’t demanding that he denounce Spencer’s endorsement? Oh, right: they don’t really believe this is an issue. It’s just a way to smear Trump with the same false accusation. Over and over and over. I think Candace Owens described the diminishing effects of this tactic perfectly in one word: “Boring.”

Say, here’s a way to put a fresh spin on it and make it more interesting: how about if the media start demanding that the Democrats apologize for their long, long history of supporting white supremacists?

BIBLE VERSE OF THE DAY

• Robert Arvanitis

10/03/2020 11:40 AM

For highly paid athletes, it's hard to be an active role model, coaching kids, devoting time and energy to the next generation. Very few do.
    Simpler to write a check occasionally.
    But easiest and least expensive of all, is moral posturing. No wonder it's most popular.

• Robin Rebhan

10/03/2020 11:36 AM

For the record, I too stopped watching any professional sports! When I was a kid and to the present day Jackie Robinson and Willie Mays were and are my heroes. When I was a kid I caught a ball just like Willie Mays, because I wanted to be just like him. Indeed it is a sad day for America that out of ignorance, the very flag that represents the high ideals of freedom for all is so despised and disrespected. " My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge ".

• Jerry Korba

10/03/2020 11:24 AM

The large Corporations that fund BLM Antifa and the Soros and Bloomberg that buy DAs to let criminals go free without prosecution or even charged for committed crimes America or a third world program used to destroy what America is. This Administration gave these people and corporations a decline in the taxes it pays for the sake of renovation of their facilities to add to the employees benefits and earnings and this is how it repays America by burning its mainstreets and stealing its goods and livelihoods and employment of people that live in the neighborhoods. Heads up BLM Antifa are not myths as Nadler of the Democratic party says, it is terrorism and should be charged as a Hate crime also. Corporations are you supporting terriorism as Obama and Biden did giving money to Iran to carry out Terriorism?

• Vernon Thompson

10/03/2020 11:17 AM

You and Jason reminded me how glad I am to no longer have Laker Season Seats. I don't have to witness and listen to abject stupidity every game and every interview that Professor James gives a lecture on his world view!!!!!!

• Laurie Keiski

10/03/2020 11:11 AM

Quit watching NBA decades ago, just lost interest. Quit watching baseball after the strike in the 90’s. And stopped watching NFL with Kapernick kneeling along with some of the other thugs in that game. Left me with auto racing and even there NASCAR is pushing the limit after one constant also run played the race card with them. Just maybe Jordan will pull Wallace and NASCAR back to reality before they loose their fans.

• William Fuhrer

10/03/2020 11:09 AM

Why don't they show their true alligence: hammer and sickle or marx

• Randall Harris

10/03/2020 11:09 AM

Is it a coincidence that so many Republican Senators are testing positive for Coronavirus ? Could it be a liberal plan to delay the confirmation on Judge Barrett ? Could Democrats have planted someone with the virus in the Trump Administration or campaign ?
    Just wondering.

• Lisa Ford

10/03/2020 10:31 AM

Glad somebody else is turning off sports. I am so fed up with sports. They have ruined football & NASCAR. Sorry guys, you all are a bunch of rich spoiled brats, that truly do not have the brain capacity to do your research before you back something. All that money, don't make you very smart! So folks, do some research, find out what companies are backing these Nazis & boycott! Nike, Gatorade, Chevy just to start your list. I am boycotting, helps to have more than 1. And keep turning off the sports, maybe the rich might find 2 brain cells to rub together & a light will go on. 4 More Years! Love my President & 1st Lady, many prayers their way!

• Lisa burton

10/03/2020 10:29 AM

This is my 1st newsletter of yours that I have read. I found through link on Twitter or Parler- can’t remember. You are “on” with every single point. I will be forwarding to many same minded friends. Thank you!!!

• Stephen Russell

10/03/2020 10:21 AM

Pres Debate 2:
    o No meds, earpieces, No breaks
    o New Moderator.
    o OK questions from audience
    o Mods are Indies NO ties to person in debate.

Morning Edition - October 3

October 3, 2020 |

MORNING EDITION

October 3, 2020

By Mike Huckabee

“USA OR NBA: THAT IS AN EASY CHOICE FOR ME."

HYSTERIA UPDATE

LOOK WHO IS MODERATING

"THEY DON'T HEAR VERY WELL, DO THEY?"

BIBLE VERSE OF THE DAY

• Robert Arvanitis

10/03/2020 11:40 AM

Simpler to write a check occasionally.

• Robin Rebhan

• Stephen Russell

10/03/2020 10:21 AM

Pres Debate 2:
    o No meds, earpieces, No breaks
    o New Moderator.
    o OK questions from audience
    o Mods are Indies NO ties to person in debate.

Morning Edition - October 3

October 3, 2020 |

MORNING EDITION

October 3, 2020

By Mike Huckabee

“USA OR NBA: THAT IS AN EASY CHOICE FOR ME."

HYSTERIA UPDATE

LOOK WHO IS MODERATING

"THEY DON'T HEAR VERY WELL, DO THEY?"

BIBLE VERSE OF THE DAY

• Robert Arvanitis

10/03/2020 11:40 AM

Simpler to write a check occasionally.

• Robin Rebhan

• Stephen Russell

10/03/2020 10:21 AM

Pres Debate 2:
    o No meds, earpieces, No breaks
    o New Moderator.
    o OK questions from audience
    o Mods are Indies NO ties to person in debate.