Nancy Pelosi letter: a follow-up

December 20, 2019 |

The Nancy Pelosi we saw Wednesday was the Sad Nancy: covered in funereal black as if to pronounce an official period of (fake) mourning. She dressed to convey a deep, profound (profoundly fake) sadness brought on by the (fake) notion that Congress had been given “no choice” but to shamelessly lie, manufacture evidence, ignore due process and twist the procedural rules to impeach the President of the United States. Nancy’s hair and make-up were camera-perfect for this important day, the mascara no doubt waterproof to stand up to crocodile tears. This, not the day she marched with gavel in hand to celebrate passage of Obamacare, would be the day she would go down in history for, and she had to look appropriately somber and serious.

But the Pelosi we saw the following day was the Glad Nancy: decked out like a fire engine in eye-popping Christmas red, celebrating the culmination of literally years of work to impeach the President. She had done what was required of her by the far-leftists running her party and thus would surely keep her job as Speaker, at least until the Republicans take back the House in a landslide in 2020. (Yes, after all this insanity I do think that will happen.) Most actual periods of mourning last at least a few months; this one lasted less than 24 hours.

By Thursday, there were already rumblings that Madam Speaker was going to play a political game with the Articles Of Impeachment, withholding them from Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to keep the Senate from taking action that would dismiss the charges or acquit Trump. She was concerned that the rules in the Senate would not be “fair.” (I’ll pause while you fall to the floor helpless with laughter.) When asked about this by reporters, she was coy, refusing to answer any questions at all on the subject.

I wrote her a letter about it, which thousands eagerly co-signed, though she almost certainly didn’t read it. I’m not sure she even read the President’s letter, though she did call it “sick.” But it hardly matters whether she read them or not, as she will not veer from the path of destruction she’s on. My letter was less for Pelosi herself than for thinking people who are figuring things out and starting to understand how to deal with Democrats who will do anything to get power. (The main thing to remember: don’t give in to them EVER, AT ALL.)

Pelosi’s half-baked scheme to withhold the Articles is not going to work. Reportedly she got the idea from wacko-leftist law professor Laurence Tribe, who has been advising her on the impeachment, but I can cite another leftist law professor, apparently not quite so wacko but just as partisan and anti-Trump, who disagrees completely. Noah Feldman, one of the legal experts who testified recently during Adam Schiff’s impeachment hearings, says President Trump isn’t officially impeached until the House turns over the Articles to the Senate. That’s what does it, not the vote. “If the articles are not transmitted,” he writes for Bloomberg News, “Trump could legitimately say that he wasn’t truly impeached at all.”

Here’s what Katie Pavlich had to say:

So now the country gets to be put through not just an impeachment, but a mind-numbing fight over whether the President has actually been impeached or not. It’s hard to say which is worse. Personally, I resent having to delve into all this when we have ELECTIONS that are supposed to choose our leaders. We are in uncharted territory (which I would say is just where radical leftists want us to be). There’s a LOT to think about, and a heckuva lot of work for lawyers:

I recommend this one, which quotes Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz, who don’t believe the stalling tactic can work for long. “Articles of impeachment were not meant to be articles of barter,” Turley says. Dershowitz calls it “an unconstitutional gambit.”

And my favorite is by Sean Davis and Mollie Hemingway for THE FEDERALIST. It makes an ironic observation that had also occurred to me: that while Pelosi impeaches Trump for obstructing Congress (which he has not done), she actually IS obstructing the Senate. Highly recommended reading:

Rep. Mike Johnson of Shreveport, Louisiana, did a segment with Tucker Carlson on Thursday night in which he said the Democrats were “breathless with a sense of urgency” to impeach President Trump. “The reason why they brought Article II of the impeachment articles was they said he was obstructing Congress --- what did that mean? He didn’t willingly give you all the direct communications he had with high-ranking consultants in the White House? That’s what every administration’s done. They said, ‘Oh, but we can’t go to a court, like everyone’s done before, ‘cause we HAVE to get this done RIGHT NOW. Donald Trump is an existential threat to the Republic, he’s a threat to the Constitution. They were just saying this, like, 48 hours ago.” And now Nancy is stalling.

“It’s comedy,” he said, citing an analogy he’d just heard involving Pelosi pulling the pin out of a grenade and holding it in her hand.

He made the point that they’ve literally been making the whole process up as they went along. (Jonathan Turley made that point more colorfully, saying, “This is not improvisational jazz.”) “They’ve created for themselves a real mess, and I think it’s political malpractice.” Also, he reminded us that the founding fathers feared a single-party impeachment and said, in effect, “Don’t go down that road. You’re gonna divide the public, perhaps irreparably. And that’s what we have right now. They should have never done this. It’s a single-party impeachment, and it’s completely evidence-free.”

They had such a sense of urgency getting the impeachment vote that anyone has to wonder why they’re taking their sweet time about turning it over to the Senate. In a normal world, that makes no sense. We’re way past normal.

And while Nancy makes up her own rules for turning over the Articles Of Impeachment on Trump, Adam Schiff is apparently busy on the next step of this coup: impeaching Vice President Pence. He flat-out told Rachel Maddow on MSNBC that he may have “acquired” evidence that the VP is hiding evidence in the Ukrainian investigation. Democrats are determined to continue with this scam until they have completely undone the election and Nancy Pelosi is sworn in as President. And I guess that’s why we saw Madam Speaker cheerfully trotting around in red on Thursday.

Breaking: Adam Schiff Sets Eyes on Pence - Tells MSNBC He's "Acquired Evidence" from Vice President's Office on Ukrainian Investigation

• Mona Weisenberg

12/20/2019 02:07 PM

She professes to be a "DEVOUT" Catholic. I hope when she goes into the confessional she confesses all her lies, deceits and hateful rhetoric and deplorable actions against a duly elected president who has done nothing to warrant these fraudulent impeachment actions. She says no one is above the law....THAT INCLUDES HER....SHE IS A DISGRACE.

• James Rising

12/20/2019 01:55 PM

Although my comment has nothing to do with the fake impeachment, it does have to do with the fake news - CNN. It was reported on Tucker Carlson last night (and laughed about), CNN has bought airport time (for all those captive souls waiting for their plane), who can now watch only CNN. Do you think that will have an impact, especially to those who rarely or never watch CNN? I do! Many gullibly people, who can only watch made-up news, will think that it is the real thing, with real reporters and anchors (like Lefty Lemon, Warlock Wolff, or Joker Jake. My fear is that many people will be taken in by deception thinking it is truth.

• Beverly Nolan

12/20/2019 01:52 PM

Since the Democrats have so generously ceded the 2020 election to Trump this early in the game, my fear is that the youngsters so willing to do the same with all of their rights for Socialism will only have 4 years to mature out of their stupidity.

• James McCrea

12/20/2019 01:49 PM

Pelosi, is it because that little voice from God in the back of your head bothering you, you know the fork in the road is coming, we all get to that age!

• John Baughmna

12/20/2019 01:44 PM

Schiff if you have evidence show it; otherwise what you are showing is you are full of "it"!

• Terry Nixon

12/20/2019 01:41 PM

Sir,
    As usual your points are "straight-on!" I would seriously hate to be Ms. Pelosi when she passes from this life and gets to the Pearly Gates and has to answer for her transgressions on earth, how she lied, cheated, and stole bore false witness, and I am sure thousands of other things that we don't even know about. For me as an old retired cop it's difficult to figure out what her motives really were. Was it greed, power, disrespect, or just knowing that President Trump was "on" to her shenanigans and those of others and was going to stop her from getting richer by insider stock trading, influence peddling etc? We will probably never know why unless she is subjected to a thorough investigation, not a sham like Trump received.

• Christine Norton

12/20/2019 01:41 PM

Thanks so much for the letter. You nailed it. Fake Fake Fake and what a legacy for the whole bunch. Any person with integrity would be devastated with such a legacy.

• Noemi Cain

12/20/2019 01:40 PM

This scenario gets worse as we go along. Is there no end to the unconstitutional and illegal acts that Congress members can get away with?? Are they Above the Law? I can not understand why this sham/fake impeachment along the withholding of the articles has not been taken before the courts to intervene and finally put an end to this endless abuse of power by Congress.
    Pelosi is acting like a megalomaniac using the Constitution to suit her political agenda.
    The American people are weary with impeachment fatigue and the country is so divided with the political chaos which it has been created by the democrats.

• Angel S

12/20/2019 01:37 PM

Unfortunately the Dems' tactics are working to some extent as less informed people who receive their news from the likes of CNN and other news outlets in the lame stream media think that Trump is a bad, bad man who must be impeached. I also continue to have many Canadian friends who show up on my Facebook page who continue to view Trump in a bad light but of course, Canada's major news sources are also CNN and their government controlled lie spewing CBC which, of course, is even more liberal - it even portrays Trudeau in a good light. Thankfully, I do still have a few Canadian friends that can rationally discuss politics and don't hate Trump. On the other hand, I continue to see people appearing on Facebook who claim to have been Democrats who say that they will never vote for another Democrat. I personally do feel that Pelosi's tactics have backfired and that she is helping Trump to win in 2020. I just wish he would refrain from making some of his stupid comments that are used for fodder against him.

• briam mc gough

12/20/2019 01:33 PM

Pelosi is a train wreck, babbling idiot, forgets what words too say dementia personified,the real reason why term limits needed. question what is this article Mark Galli wrote does he remember Jesus wasn't accepted either.the hate has gone too far. god is forgiving
    '

• Linda Cunningham

12/20/2019 01:32 PM

It's such a shame that our government has veered so far from running our country and doing the the jobs they were elected to do. And that they are getting PAID to do. The Democrats are acting like a bunch of junior high bullies who are so mad about not getting their way, that they are embarrassing our country on the world stage.

• Pamela Lofland

12/20/2019 01:29 PM

Let not our hearts be troubled. It's just political theater. While this farce may be heartbreaking for our Republic in many ways, neither President Trump or Vice President Pence is going anywhere but right back to the White House for four more years come Jan. 2021.

• Bo Ehrig

12/20/2019 01:28 PM

Let the libatards keep this up. It's exposing them to there own base.
    Eventually this will have to be brought to the Senate. And that is where the sham ends.
    Once the unsealing begins all will be exposed. So we need to just laugh at how sad and what clowns they are. Patience grasshopper. Trump and the Patriots are 10 steps ahead of them.
    Psalm 2, 1:5 says it all.

• Nina

12/20/2019 01:24 PM

I heard you wore black for work to control or intimidate someone.
    Just a thought
    Either case it didn’t work

• Cheryl Crum

12/20/2019 01:17 PM

I have began to wonder just what they are smoking or taking that has caused them to all loose their minds and act like crazy people. It is just plain crazy to think that they are all just naturally that stupid.
    Sorry, but I try to give people the benefit of doubt, but it is now far beyond that.

• Pamela Lofland

12/20/2019 01:17 PM

• Darlene Estlow

12/20/2019 01:16 PM

I am so saddened by all of this. It is the destruction of our Constitution. Isn't it true that the Senate doesn't have to wait for those articles of impeachment to begin the trial? I pray for our country in the midst of this great evil for God's grace for healing and righteousness. Thank you, Mike, for your commentary. May God bless you.

• Sharon Faulkner

12/20/2019 01:07 PM

Nancy Pelosi is a sick old woman. Period.

• Anita McCurdy

12/20/2019 01:06 PM

Pelosi, Schumer, Nader (99.9% of the dems) are irrational hack-jobs.
    We are praying for our President and V.P. and also that the Republicans will take all 3 houses in 2020. May God bless those who dear and love Him!

• Amelia Little

12/20/2019 01:03 PM

And, through it all, our President has been accomplishing more of his campaign promises, and is getting out all over the country for campaign rallies. I wonder if they thought he would be a snowflake and go hide under his bed or whatever he would deem a "safe space" during all this farce. And, while the democrat candidates are making senseless and country-ruining plans to destroy America, he is out there reminding people of all that has been accomplished in 3 years. Good thing he is--because for those who only pay attention to cnn and other msm "news" they would never have a clue as to what all has been accomplished--for THEM, for US, for our country!!!!

I think nancy has poor advisors. Perhaps she AND her advisors should read the Constitution regarding impeachment. And, to understand that they can't just go around making up a new meaning of what is required. (Although making up new meanings and new rules seems to be something democrats do whenever something is in their way.)

• Bonnie Simpson

12/20/2019 01:01 PM

I agree with you. Pelosi will not be happy until she becomes President. I believe that is why some states are giving illegal immigrants Drivers Licenses also the right to vote. I wonder if George Soros is padding her pockets. Praying for our country and President Trump and Vice President Trump. Thank you for your honesty and integrity.

• Patriia Pfeiffer Hepner

12/20/2019 01:01 PM

President Trump has been hated by the other party before he was elected our president by a land slide. Hatred , bitterness and unforgiveness are all from the devil and this investigation has been based on all three . The tax payers money being spent based on the devil's underlying purposes, to steal, kill and destroy .

• Torpy Skinner

12/20/2019 12:59 PM

When can we go after all the lawbreaking and lies the left has committed?? AND when can we go after Obama for the long list of treasonous things he committed knowingly!!!!

• Robbie Mize

12/20/2019 12:57 PM

I think if I should happen upon either of that bunch in an elevator, which will never happen, Thank God....but if it did, I might suddenly have a sickening urge that expelled all I had eaten for the last several hours....the stench would be horrible but not from my sickness . What they have done and continue to do just stinks to high heaven itself! It is the smell of a dying part of a once working America. The smell of death is not pleasant.

• Kay DeWitt

12/20/2019 12:54 PM

Mike Johnson may have referred to this as a "comedy", but my heart is breaking too much to even, in jest, call this tragedy a comedy! As a Christian, I cannot NOT take some kind of ACTION against that which is making such a mockery of the God Who made it possible for our country to claim to BE a nation under God!
    It is now a nation under God's adversary, the devil, and it's time for Christians to take a stand AGAINST this "he" who is destroying our country....that is if they really BELIEVE that the He Who is in us is greater than the he who is in the world!

Because one of the first things I am going to do, after the New Year, is to try and speak with Mark Harris, am I going to copy, and paste, the last comment I wrote to you where I explained WHY I want to speak with Mark because, when I went to see if my comment was posted, there were over 1,000 comments I had to wade through.....SO....

I decided to rewrite what I wrote in that last comment because, if it IS posted, I want to fwd it TO Mark's friend who, just over a month ago, fwded something else I'd written about Mark that was supportive of him...BELOW is the cooy:

Mike Huckabee, you might not have won the "office" of " President ", but, as this spiritual battle (for that IS what it is) continues, don't be surprised if God chooses YOU to be HIS "commander -in-chief" in the "war" that AUTHORED this "battle" !

And, dear friend, my dream is that one Mark Harris will be marching right beside you....because this city of Charlotte committed a crime against Mark and proving THAT it did is part of MY spiritual warfare agenda!

For anyone reading this, I just want to state that Mark Harris...more than ANY pastor I've met in the 25 years I have lived here in Charlotte....has a heart after God and, BECAUSE, Mark does, Mark....in GOD'S eyes...is STILL a "man after God's own heart!"

I met Mark, personally, when he was campaigning and spoke at the church where I was playing the violin and, after the service, I shared, WITH Mark, my burden for our dying kids and gave Mark some of the material that I hand out to gang kids that God had used to persuade them to put DOWN their guns!

When I read a news article ABOUT Mark....that was penned by the same brand of evil that penned the articles of impeachment....I wrote a letter of refute to said reporter! When Stony Rushing became a Republican candidate..in the re-election....I called him and he agreed to make sure that, if I sent my letter of encouragement (along with supportive "material") to him, Stony, he would make sure he gave it TO Mark!

Just over a month ago, I sent an email to a friend of Mark's...explaining WHY I believed God was going to use Mark in this political nightmare (despite the fact that, like yourself, Mike, Mark wound up losing a "political" election ).....AND...in response TO this email I sent to Mark's friend, he thanked me FOR my message to Mark and told me that he had already forwarded it TO Mark!

I hope to be able to, again, be given the opportunity to speak with Mark, personally, and tell him HOW...and WHY...he is sitting on a million-dollar story.. that I have written proof of...that will serve to VINDICATE him...and his good name...from the injustice he became a victim of...that is being reechoed by the same kind of injustice that President Trump has been a victim of!.....AND I want Mark to help me....and other Christians who share our Lord's grief over this tragic political saga....seek God as to how He wants to use Christians as HIS mouthpiece to make His voice about...and His cry over....this evil political nightmare HEARD all over this US of A....and His world!

Nancy Pelosi letter: a follow-up

• Linda Cunningham

12/20/2019 01:32 PM

• Pamela Lofland

12/20/2019 01:29 PM

• Bo Ehrig

12/20/2019 01:28 PM

Let the libatards keep this up. It's exposing them to there own base.
    Psalm 2, 1:5 says it all.

• Nina

12/20/2019 01:24 PM

I heard you wore black for work to control or intimidate someone.
    Just a thought
    Either case it didn’t work

• Cheryl Crum

12/20/2019 01:17 PM

• Pamela Lofland

12/20/2019 01:17 PM

• Darlene Estlow

12/20/2019 01:16 PM

• Sharon Faulkner

12/20/2019 01:07 PM

Nancy Pelosi is a sick old woman. Period.

• Anita McCurdy

12/20/2019 01:06 PM

Pelosi, Schumer, Nader (99.9% of the dems) are irrational hack-jobs.

• Amelia Little

• Linda Cunningham

12/20/2019 01:32 PM

• Pamela Lofland

12/20/2019 01:29 PM

• Bo Ehrig

12/20/2019 01:28 PM

Let the libatards keep this up. It's exposing them to there own base.
    Psalm 2, 1:5 says it all.

• Nina

12/20/2019 01:24 PM

I heard you wore black for work to control or intimidate someone.
    Just a thought
    Either case it didn’t work

• Cheryl Crum

12/20/2019 01:17 PM

• Pamela Lofland

12/20/2019 01:17 PM

• Darlene Estlow

12/20/2019 01:16 PM

• Sharon Faulkner

12/20/2019 01:07 PM

Nancy Pelosi is a sick old woman. Period.

• Anita McCurdy

12/20/2019 01:06 PM

Pelosi, Schumer, Nader (99.9% of the dems) are irrational hack-jobs.

• Amelia Little