October 2, 2018

Those of us who watched Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony last Thursday (um, that would be all of us) were frustrated to no end by the dispassionate, methodical and seemingly confined manner of questioning used by Rachel Mitchell, who heads the Special Victims Division of the Maricopa County attorney’s office.  But while her questioning set off no fireworks in the room, she did come up with some conclusions that validate many of our conclusions.

In a memo to Senate Republicans on Sunday, she wrote, “A ‘he said, she said’ case is incredibly difficult to prove.  But this case is even weaker than that.”

She offered nine points to support her conclusion.  We’ve already discussed most of them here.  But I’d like to call attention to the last two on her list.

8.  Dr. Ford’s description of the psychological impact of the event raises questions.

9.  The activities of congressional Democrats and Dr. Ford’s attorney’s likely affected Dr. Ford’s account.

These two factors are the ones that seem most affected by the political context of Dr. Ford’s accusation.  That would especially apply to #9, which is why Sen. Lindsay Graham has called for an investigation of those suspicious activities.  Dr. Ford was obviously used by the Democrats and forced by their deception into a three-ring circus when it was thought her last-minute testimony would bring down Judge Kavanaugh.  Let’s hope enough people can see through this tactic, as Ms. Mitchell apparently has, to discredit the whole shameful episode.

Ms. Mitchell was speaking from a legal standpoint about what it would take to bring a case, finding Ms. Ford’s case lacking.  Democrats will say (once again) that this wasn’t a trial, it was a job interview.  But let me ask the men:  How many job interviews have you sat for in which you were put under oath and asked if, as a teenager, you’d ever tried to rape someone?

OR

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Benita Miller

10/02/2018 11:50 AM

Yes, I watched the entire fiasco. It sounded more like a criminal trial than what it was supposed to be. I am appalled with the attitude and the underhandedness of the Democrats. They have ripped apart a decent man and his little family. The democrats have no sense of decency and I have little or no respect for most of them. My take on Senator Jeff Flake is a political ploy was entered into. He has made it clear he will be a candidate for President in 2020 and I am saying right now he doesn't have a chance of being our next President. He is not popular in our area of AZ, this I know. I am more than satisfied with President Trump. He is doing what he promised to do so he's got my vote in 2020. Our prayers are with Brett Kavanaugh and his family. I'm so sorry he's had to go through that ridiculous hearing.

• Shauna Dickerson

10/02/2018 11:46 AM

I'm coming to believe that she really has been used by the Democrats because they are so afraid of a conservative court and they really hate Trump. The Hate Trump Syndrome should be sent to the CDC in Atlanta for analysis. Could there be a prescription for a cure. I'm coming to believe Ms Ford was a fragile teen, sounds like she was left on her own a lot and therefore went to parties young, drank young, and was groped often enough that she's confused of the circumstances. All this has come crashing down on the Kavanaugh family, and thus on the American people.

• Rosalia Li Bassi

10/02/2018 11:37 AM

I believe that it all about keeping a catholic out of the court. Remember John Kennedy?

• Rosemarie Campanile

10/02/2018 11:31 AM

Or were they ever asked if they drank or got drunk as a teenager? I'd like to know how many Democrats can actually say they never drank or got sick while drinking. And I bet they are still drinking something!!

Rosemarie

October 2, 2018

OR

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Benita Miller