April 17, 2019

Since many of you reading this likely watch my show, I suppose I need to warn you that according to some recent news articles, you are watching a show hosted by a hateful bigot.  And that was about the nicest things said about me.

I recently spoke at the National Religious Broadcasters meeting in Anaheim, CA and was interviewed by the Christian Post.  They asked me what did I believe was the biggest threat facing our culture.  I replied that it was the abandonment of the Biblical standards of the family.  The view that there is no such thing as maleness or femaleness anymore.  That marriage doesn’t really matter so therefore divorce is no big deal and any form of marriage is equally valid—not just between a male and female.  That fathers aren’t that important to the development of a child.  That gender is fluid and we can just choose a gender based on how we feel rather than how we were created.  And that the Bible is an old book that no longer represents our changing culture and it often fails to be on the “right side of history.”

Since that article, virtually every left-wing publication in the country has blasted me for what they called homophobic and anti-LGBTQ hate.  Most fail to point out that I said virtually NOTHING about LGBTQ anything.  My main point was the reason for so much cultural confusion and moral decadence was the Christian church.  Too many modern churches have decided to preach a gospel that doesn’t offend anyone by basically saying “do whatever you feel good about. “ We have ignored or dismissed Biblical standards so we can be modern, relevant, in-touch, hip, and relatable.  Surely God would never want us to hurt someone’s feelings or disagree with THEIR beliefs.  I certainly don’t think God wants us to be obnoxious, judgmental, hateful, or self-righteous, but without apology I believe God has created a standard and we need to challenge our culture to tune itself to God’s truth rather than to demand God tune Himself to “my truth” and our culture.  Before I can play a piece of music, I must first tune the instrument to the musical standard.  Whether the standard is a tuning fork, a well-tuned piano, or an electronic tuning device, even the most virtuoso musician will only make noise if his/her instrument isn’t tuned to the fixed, absolute notes of the musical scale.

I didn’t make the rules.  If there is indeed a God and I believe there is, then He creates the rules since He created the game.  My job as a human is not to persuade Him to agree to MY behavior or standards, but to change my behavior to HIS standards.  I don’t hate anyone, but I refuse to ignore or deny God’s law or natural law.  If I fail to tune my life to those standards, how can I hope to make music of my life?  When every instrument in the band plays according to its own standard of tuning, the result is chaos and noise.  The instruments are not the same in tone or volume, or sound, but they join together to make music only if they agree on the tuning device.  You are free to live the life you wish to live, but you are not free to tune your life to what YOU feel, believe or think instead of a standard of God and end up with a result that is beautiful.

If that makes me a hateful bigot, then it’s because those who label me that are tuned to a different standard.  With no apology, I’ll do my best to tune my life and beliefs to God’s unchanging standard rather than ask Him to re-write the Bible and tune His standards to me.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM.

• John Darnall

04/23/2019 11:04 AM

Stay strong Governor Huckabee. Correctness is not determined by popular opinion but by God's Law and you spoke heartfelt truth. There would be no USA if the Founding Fathers had followed the opinion polls of the day.

• Linda Souders

04/23/2019 03:28 AM

Thank you Mike for taking the most strategic position of "standard bearer." The standard bearer holds the standard high on a hill so in the fierceness of the battle the warriors have a rallying point where they can regroup and re-enter the battle re-charged and re-focused... Your voice and clear statement of God's standards for successful living is critically needed... Please don't grow weary but know your position as standard bearer is all important for many who are looking to you in the midst of the fray... God bless you, brother in arms!!!
    Linda Souders
    Ft. Worth, TX

• Linda Goodwin

04/22/2019 06:06 PM

You speak the truth. Unfortunately the truth seems to provoke attacks on all Christians. Thank you for not backing down. I hope I will be as strong. We love your daughter. God Bless you and your whole family. All of you are Christian Soldiers fighting for our faith and our God.

• Jackie Montoya

04/22/2019 05:13 PM

I totally agree with you Mike!

• Shirley J Peterson

04/22/2019 05:12 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee, I have a rule!! if whatever I receive, hear, or read - that is negative toward you, or your precious daughter, I immediately know it's "FAKE" and I believe the opposite!! I love your TV show, etcetera! Been a fan for years!! You are trustable :) But thanks for the warning Soooo sad what our world has become!! Really looking forward Jesus coming again!! I'm ready!!!! And know you and yours are too!!!! Lord Bless and Keep!!

• Carolyn Reeves

04/22/2019 11:29 AM

The people who are busy criticizing your "hateful" beliefs are not the majority of Americans. They may own some of the platforms, but you also have an influential platform. I pray that you will keep on speaking to the majority, informing and encouraging those of us who believe as you do that God created the world and He gets to make to the rules.

• Mildred Holcomb-Allen

04/22/2019 09:40 AM

Amen!

• Elayne stainton

04/21/2019 11:13 PM

it's not a loser and you go to the winner. I agreed on GOP's support with Gov. Mike, thank u very much.

• Sue Dillard

04/21/2019 07:27 PM

AMEN!!!!!!

• Pamala Monis

04/21/2019 07:17 PM

Dear Mike,

Your fans truly appreciate you and all you do to stand for Biblical values! It is obvious who the "haters" really are, and it is absolutely NOT you! The libs and Dems jump at ANYTHING to attack others. True or not true, they attack because they are SO TERRIFIED the truth about everything (whatever that is) will be found out. Foolish people that believe the world MUST go their way trampling everyone else. Thanks again Mike! We're right there with you. May God continue to bless you and yours.

• Diane Melton

04/21/2019 07:12 PM

Thank you for standing firm, and for expressing the truth so clearly.

• Steve Glary

04/21/2019 06:26 PM

A good friend once told me, "Only you can let other people get under your skin. Don't give them that power."
    The mindless numchucks, that are so politically correct, will melt if the sun doesn't come out on Sunday.
    I appreciate your letter, but if I gave a hoot to anything the LGBGTQRSTUV said, I would ruin my day. As the song says: "Losers got to lose." And that group fits the mold perfectly.

• Karen Rae Ignatius

04/21/2019 04:42 PM

Amen, Mike
    Excuse the informality, but I've watched and listened to you so much I feel like I know you personally.The people who believe they can ignore God's laws and principles of behavior have to suffer the consequences of their actions. The unfortunate part of that is that politicians are now making the rest of us suffer consequences when we want to keep our laws in line with Biblical principles. Our Founders chose not to protect the rights of those whose actions adversely affect others. Too bad our current legislators and judges don't follow their example.

• Basil Kopey

04/21/2019 02:43 PM

I agree with you 100%, Governor! Keep up the good work and don't let the anti-Christian hate mob get you down.

• Richard Boot

04/21/2019 01:46 PM

God bless you for your stand on Christian values.

• Joan Swirsky

04/20/2019 11:52 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee....way back in 2008, I spoke to you at length on the phone and subsequently gave your book a glowing review for, I think, Newsmax.com or Newsmax Magazine. If there is an upright and decent example of what politics should be about in our country, it is you! And your fabulous daughter Sarah! Whatever you're doing or saying, keep on keeping on! Below is my review. All the best.... Joan

• Do The Right Thing: Inside the Movement That’s Bringing Common Sense Back to America
    • By Mike Huckabee
    • Hardcover: 240 pages
    • Publisher: Sentinel/Penguin Group (November 18, 2008)
    • $25.95
    [email protected]

Book Review

Joan Swirsky

In the bruising presidential race of 2008, one of the last – and most unlikely – men standing was the former Governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee, the affable former broadcaster and Southern Baptist minister, whose down-home but passionate brand of conservatism won him an upset victory in the Iowa caucuses and triumph in eight states.
    In Do The Right Thing, Huckabee’s sixth book, he describes how his dark-horse candidacy – in spite of a paltry budget, no consultants, and no name recognition beyond his home state – inspired legions of grass-roots volunteers, captured the imaginations of more than four-million voters, and placed conservative values front and center on the political landscape, where he clearly believes they will stay despite the recent lurch to the left our country took with the election of Sen. Barack Obama.
    “The Conservative movement isn’t dead,” Huckabee told NEWSMAX in a phone interview. “Conservative principles are very much alive. But during the presidential contest, those who claimed to be conservative leaders became more committed to their own power than to those principles.”
    As one example, he cites the failure of the influential pro-family, pro-life “Arlington Group” to give him an early endorsement. “I was not coming to them,” Huckabee writes, “I was coming from them.” But after several meetings – with particular resistance coming from former-presidential candidate and conservative activist Gary Bauer – the endorsement never materialized.
    “I finally realized that theirs was a house divided,” Huckabee says. But he ultimately concludes that the group’s endorsement “would have appeared to the outside world that I was a wholly owned subsidiary of them, and they themselves might have thought that they were solely responsible for any success I might have had.”
    Equally “shocking” to Huckabee was the endorsement that the hugely influential evangelical pastor, John Hagee, gave to John McCain. Hagee “expounded on the `inevitability’ argument,” Huckabee writes, “and that he wanted to be in a position of influence with….the nominee. This was one of the many moments when I came to the conclusion that political expediency and pragmatism had supplanted prophetic principles among those who aspired to influence the process but unwittingly had become influenced by the process and, in fact, were held captive by it.”
    While Huckabee is known for his geniality and even temperament, he is not above throwing a few jabs, especially at rival Mitt Romney, who he takes to task for being the only competitor who didn’t call with congratulations after the Iowa contest, thus delaying his acceptance speech by hours. And he unsparingly addresses his ideological differences with and criticism of the former Massachusetts governor, which is in stark contrast to the largely benevolent view he holds of the other candidates, including Democrats.
    Huckabee attributes a good part of his campaign’s success to “politically homeless” voters – the “faith voters (often incorrectly dubbed the `evangelical voter,’ although many are Catholic, Jewish, or even nonreligious), who are driven by a simple desire to preserve simple principles of faith, family and freedom for their children…and are still committed to traditional concepts of marriage, respect for human life, family, work, and community involvement.” These voters, he says – who provided the margin of victory for Republican candidates in 2000 and 2004 elections – “were forced out of their political homes and onto the symbolic streets.”
    Throughout DoThe Right Thing, Huckabee expands on his small-government, low-taxes, faith-family-and freedom philosophy. “Even as a young man,” he says, “I realized that Democrats and Republicans view the world through different lenses. Democrats focus on government, and we focus on the individual. Democrats put their faith in government, and we put our faith in people. Democrats give government more control over our lives, and we give individuals more control over their own destinies.”
    His emphasis is on “vertical politics.”
    “Simply put,” Huckabee writes, “when the dessert cart rolls around, most people don’t care who made the cheesecake, as long as it tastes good. Are schools better or worse? Test scores up or down? Job market getting better or worse? Crime rate going up or down? These are the questions that most citizens care about, yet most campaigns – especially during the primaries – run almost entirely on the horizontal scale,” which he says is comprised of “left/right, liberal/conservative, Democrat/Republican.”
    Addressing the healthcare plans of John Edwards and Hillary Clinton, the expiration of the Bush tax cuts, globalization, the Democrats’ indebtedness to teachers’ unions, even the War on Terror, Huckabee says: “Let me tell you two words that should make you afraid, very afraid. Those words are `over time.’”
    The Democrat’s dismantling of our employer-based system, Huckabee says, will over time become socialized medicine. When the Bush tax cuts, expire in 2010, “millions of folks will find themselves paying more under the alternative minimum tax” and over time “those breaks will disappear.” Globalization under a Democrat president will over time result in hiding “behind protectionism rather than vigorously and creatively engaging the world economy,” and the Democrats’ aversion to undertaking education reform will over time result in stagnation.
    Do The Right Thing is a testimony to Huckabee’s bed-rock conservatism and the promise he believes it still holds for America. While the manuscript was completed in June, Huckabee told NEWSMAX that if given the opportunity, he would have included his thoughts about the government bailouts of the past few months, which he said he had warned about months ago, “and was pilloried for in the Wall St. Journal and National Review.”
    “It was totally ridiculous for conservative leaders to wring their hands and then vote to nationalize banks and maybe the auto industry. It is anti-free-market and it won’t stabilize the markets but cause more disarray.”
    Huckabee makes it clear that the Democrat president and Congress recently swept into office will not “do the right thing.” And that is the major frustration I have with this highly readable book. If Huckabee had postponed the publication date for just a few weeks, he might have been able to present many of his cogent and persuasive arguments not in theoretical terms but in terms of the concrete reality of America having elected the most liberal (some say socialist) person to the presidency in our country’s history. And he could have elaborated on the specific ways the now-splintered Republican Party might find its way back to influence and power.
    One way is spelled out in Do The Right Thing, where Huckabee sounds a clarion call for national service – urging all Americans to stand up for their country and to put “some skin in the game.”
    “Our young people can teach or serve as teacher’s aides; fix our crumbling infrastructure; help with caring for preschoolers, seniors, and the mentally and physically disabled; provide assistance during natural disasters; guard our boarders; clean up cities; rehabilitate and build housing,” he writes. Volunteerism can make amazing things happen.”
    Gov. Huckabee’s campaign was proof of that. The youthful 53-year-old is still plunking his bass guitar (with his band, Capitol Offense), hosting his own weekly show on the Fox network, and scheduled to deliver a five-day-a-week commentary on ABC radio. Now seen as a major – and quite eloquent – spokesman for the Conservative movement, curiosity about a future run for president his high. Will he run again?
    “I simply don’t know,” Gov. Huckabee told NEWSMAX.
    1,203 words.

SIDEBAR:
    Unlike a ghostwritten book in which the “voice” of the writer is unrecognizable from the real specimen, Huckabee’s book rings true, and will leave the reader with a sense that he or she is sitting by a fireplace, listening to the former two-term governor describe in his inimitably folksy fashion both his political philosophy and the ups-and-downs of running for national office.
    On campaign travel: “Most [of the volunteers] worked with little or no sleep, lousy pay, and the kind of conditions that would be against the law in most places – or should be (not that I’m advocating regulation!).”
    On guns: “It’s also pretty clear where Democrats stand on guns: they really just don’t like them.”
    On small government: “The Founder [James Madison] had it right. Quite simply, the best government, the simplest, the least expensive, the most local and accountable, the least intrusive, the most efficient, the least threatening, is self-government.”
    On the model community: “Let me take you to an imaginary city that we’ll call `Hucktown.” (We call it Hucktown because I want to, and I’m writing this book.”).
    On gratitude: “I’m talking about the millions who voted for me, but especially the thousands of volunteers who donated, blogged, rallied, clapped, prayed, and most of, believed that this country still belonged to them…I will spend eternity looking up each one to say, `Thanks!’”

• Lois M. Holtz

04/20/2019 10:12 PM

Thank you for your clear answer! I have some "Christian " friends who are trying to maintain the title of Christian but compromise and let me know I am outdated! I intend to print this so I can refer to it often and use the same argument. I know what I believe but usuallt get tongue tied when I am attacked!

• Jerry D Woods

04/20/2019 09:29 PM

Truly, we live in a world where the love of many has grown cold in our churches and the hatred of Satan in our world toward the Love of Jesus is out of control. As a teenager, I once thought I would see the Second Coming of Jesus when he returns. I'm beginning to think I may not have been wrong.
    Amen ! God wrote the book and made the eternal laws !
    People cannot write their own laws.
    Keep on Keeping on Keeping On as Carlos McLeod used to say !

• Carol Hale

04/20/2019 09:10 PM

I have always admired you so much for the very reasons you mentioned in the above. You are refreshing, in this world of craziness. You always speak about what God wants us to be and you have done such a fine job with daughter Sarah. It shows.

• Joetta Stephen

04/20/2019 09:05 PM

Gov. Huckabee,
    I appreciate the stand you take on Biblical standards. I believe the same.
    Keep up the good work.
    God's blessings to you and your family!
    Joetta :-)

• Laila Moore

04/20/2019 08:06 PM

Amen! Very well said. People who do not truly follow Christ do not understand this line of thinking but I do and your hit the nail on the head. (excuse the semi-pun there). It's our job to just continue to love and pray for them to open their hearts and minds to the Lord, so they can see. Thanks for all you do! Have a blessed Easter! (I love your daughter too! You raised a good one!)

• Genie Brown

04/20/2019 04:23 PM

I am so thankful for the clear voice (sound) you and your courageous daughter speak with to the world. The analogy of Believers and musicians is such a good one. Our pastor does not compromise the Word of God and I am so thankful for that. It's not easy is this crazy culture to be bold with one's beliefs without being self-righteous or judgemental, but we need to make a decision to be faithful to God and leave the results with Him.

• Mike Mallinson

04/20/2019 04:21 PM

I agree with what you were saying. I too hold myself to God’s holy Word and His standards like you. I’m glad about the good news of Jesus Christ!!
    The leftist media needs to stop being bigots towards Bible believing Christians who love Godly unconditional love and blessings when we obey Him and His Word.

• Dee

04/20/2019 04:14 PM

Thank you for standing firm, and speaking the truth about God’s Word! May God bless you, protect you, and speak peace to your heart during these unsettling times!

• Pam Weeks

04/20/2019 04:11 PM

You are exactly right Gov Huckabee! I refuse to change my beliefs to accommodate the popular culture that’s in this world now! JESUS WILL RETURN!!! Of THAT I’m certain! I want to be gathered up in the clouds and swept up into Heaven! Keep preaching the Bible the way it was WRITTEN!! And we true believers will keep believing, praying and singing the hymns!! Hallelujah He is Risen!! ??????

April 17, 2019

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM.

• John Darnall

04/23/2019 11:04 AM

• Linda Souders

04/23/2019 03:28 AM

Linda Souders
    Ft. Worth, TX

• Linda Goodwin

04/22/2019 06:06 PM

• Jackie Montoya

04/22/2019 05:13 PM

I totally agree with you Mike!

• Shirley J Peterson

AMEN!!!!!!

• Pamala Monis

04/21/2019 07:17 PM

Dear Mike,

• Diane Melton

04/21/2019 07:12 PM

Thank you for standing firm, and for expressing the truth so clearly.

• Steve Glary

04/21/2019 06:26 PM

• Karen Rae Ignatius

04/21/2019 04:42 PM

Amen, Mike

• Basil Kopey

04/21/2019 02:43 PM

• Richard Boot

04/21/2019 01:46 PM

God bless you for your stand on Christian values.

• Joan Swirsky

04/20/2019 11:52 PM

• By Mike Huckabee
    • Hardcover: 240 pages
    • Publisher: Sentinel/Penguin Group (November 18, 2008)
    • $25.95
    [email protected]

Book Review

Joan Swirsky

His emphasis is on “vertical politics.”
    “I simply don’t know,” Gov. Huckabee told NEWSMAX.
    1,203 words.

SIDEBAR:

• Lois M. Holtz

04/20/2019 10:12 PM

• Jerry D Woods

04/20/2019 09:29 PM

Amen ! God wrote the book and made the eternal laws !
    People cannot write their own laws.
    Keep on Keeping on Keeping On as Carlos McLeod used to say !

• Carol Hale

04/20/2019 09:10 PM

• Joetta Stephen

04/20/2019 09:05 PM

Gov. Huckabee,
    I appreciate the stand you take on Biblical standards. I believe the same.
    Keep up the good work.
    God's blessings to you and your family!
    Joetta :-)