April 17, 2019

Since many of you reading this likely watch my show, I suppose I need to warn you that according to some recent news articles, you are watching a show hosted by a hateful bigot.  And that was about the nicest things said about me.

I recently spoke at the National Religious Broadcasters meeting in Anaheim, CA and was interviewed by the Christian Post.  They asked me what did I believe was the biggest threat facing our culture.  I replied that it was the abandonment of the Biblical standards of the family.  The view that there is no such thing as maleness or femaleness anymore.  That marriage doesn’t really matter so therefore divorce is no big deal and any form of marriage is equally valid—not just between a male and female.  That fathers aren’t that important to the development of a child.  That gender is fluid and we can just choose a gender based on how we feel rather than how we were created.  And that the Bible is an old book that no longer represents our changing culture and it often fails to be on the “right side of history.”

Since that article, virtually every left-wing publication in the country has blasted me for what they called homophobic and anti-LGBTQ hate.  Most fail to point out that I said virtually NOTHING about LGBTQ anything.  My main point was the reason for so much cultural confusion and moral decadence was the Christian church.  Too many modern churches have decided to preach a gospel that doesn’t offend anyone by basically saying “do whatever you feel good about. “ We have ignored or dismissed Biblical standards so we can be modern, relevant, in-touch, hip, and relatable.  Surely God would never want us to hurt someone’s feelings or disagree with THEIR beliefs.  I certainly don’t think God wants us to be obnoxious, judgmental, hateful, or self-righteous, but without apology I believe God has created a standard and we need to challenge our culture to tune itself to God’s truth rather than to demand God tune Himself to “my truth” and our culture.  Before I can play a piece of music, I must first tune the instrument to the musical standard.  Whether the standard is a tuning fork, a well-tuned piano, or an electronic tuning device, even the most virtuoso musician will only make noise if his/her instrument isn’t tuned to the fixed, absolute notes of the musical scale.

I didn’t make the rules.  If there is indeed a God and I believe there is, then He creates the rules since He created the game.  My job as a human is not to persuade Him to agree to MY behavior or standards, but to change my behavior to HIS standards.  I don’t hate anyone, but I refuse to ignore or deny God’s law or natural law.  If I fail to tune my life to those standards, how can I hope to make music of my life?  When every instrument in the band plays according to its own standard of tuning, the result is chaos and noise.  The instruments are not the same in tone or volume, or sound, but they join together to make music only if they agree on the tuning device.  You are free to live the life you wish to live, but you are not free to tune your life to what YOU feel, believe or think instead of a standard of God and end up with a result that is beautiful.

If that makes me a hateful bigot, then it’s because those who label me that are tuned to a different standard.  With no apology, I’ll do my best to tune my life and beliefs to God’s unchanging standard rather than ask Him to re-write the Bible and tune His standards to me.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM.

• Joe Wilkerson

04/20/2019 02:32 PM

Right on Gov. Huckabee. These words should strike a chord with every Christian. I thank God that I am living in the season of Christ return. I have never seen so much truth about the rapture and Christ second coming in my life and by contrast never so much hatred towards Christians. I truly wish everyone could and would repent. I honestly believe that most people are on the wide road to hell as they have stopped believing in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. My heart truly goes out to all of my Christian brothers and sisters who are suffering so much. I strongly believe that one day soon America will be like the EU (full of muslims and their hatred towards Jews and Christians. I am truly looking up in the hope of my redemption at any moment. I know the rapture is just around the corner and even though I have a lot to answer for, I know where my eternal home is. Come quickly Lord Jesus!

On another note it saddens me that Sarah is being constantly having to put up with the likes of a hateful msm. I know you already are, but please tell she has a lot of prayers going out for her. She is a daughter to be proud of. I pray that the Holy Spirit is giving her all the strength she needs.

Joe Wilkerson

• Elizabeth A Slack

04/20/2019 02:15 PM

Mike,

'So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them". Genesis 1:27

Those who reject the Lord's plan of creation have nothing except to vilify others who accept Him unto salvation.
    We, as believers, can accept the burden of that vilification. Or, we can pray for them which will liberate us from that vilification.

Take heart, my fellow sojourner in the Lord:
    "You shall have tribulation ten days. Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give you a Crown of Life." Revelation 2:10.

Elizabeth

• Chuck Carlson

04/20/2019 01:39 PM

I love your written standards. I appreciate they way you expressed them... using music as a great model. We need to address a culture run amok, and you have stated it well. Thanks.

• Denise A Wright

04/20/2019 01:27 PM

Governor Huckabee - Please try not to take to heart all of the hateful things that are out there against those who speak the honest truth and most importantly speak, stand up for, and are living in the ways of the Lord.
    God's Word does not come back void and we are so proud that you are a godly man of great integrity, courage, wisdom and wit! We look forward daily to your newsletters which now have become pretty much our source of news along with the Christian Broadcast Network (CBN...please note...NOT CNN).
    We love you and your show on TBN (which we have attended and can't wait to come back!).
    It always a brightens up our weekends. With God's strength, wisdom and courage, keep up the good work! You and your entire family are a bright light in this dark world.
    God bless you and keep you in His care.

• Gary L Koch

04/20/2019 01:16 PM

I refer to the subject you wrote about as : We (as a nation) have lost our moral compass.

• Gail Gibson

04/20/2019 01:04 PM

You are so correct. Also can we get armistices on the political scene. The word is ENOUGH

• Deborah Burleson

04/20/2019 12:37 PM

Continuing to support this president no matter what he does is sickening. I used to believe you were a good Christian man who had the best of intentions at heart. I continued to follow you because I thought maybe you were just giving Donald Trump the benefit of the doubt and of course supporting your daughter. But obviously that’s not it. You either believe the ends justify the means(no matter what, he pretends to be pro-life and appoints judges so that’s enough for you) or you are filthy rich and as long as things are going good for you and you are getting your tax breaks you don’t care what happens to anyone else or how low this country goes. If you or any other influential conservative does care, you should look for someone to run against Mr. Trump in the primary. Otherwise, I, along with many conservative friends will vote the other way, as we did in 2018. For now, I will be unfollowing you and will call for everyone I know to get their heads out of their backsides, read the report for themselves, and follow suit!

• Deborah Burleson

04/20/2019 12:36 PM

• Deborah Burleson

04/20/2019 12:35 PM

• Deborah Burleson

04/20/2019 12:34 PM

• Linda Fuller

04/20/2019 10:49 AM

A classmate from years ago just sent me your message. This is the first time I have ever had knowledge of your newsletter & the privilege that we have of being able to leave you a comment. After I read your words the scripture that came to me: "All that will live godly
    in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." Phil. 2:12
    I am so happy to be able to read the words & respond to one of God's "remnant people!"
    I look forward to being subscribed to read more of your comments. Sincerely, Linda F.

• Susan Gravely Wingfield

04/20/2019 10:33 AM

Beautifully stated and truthfully told. I agree one Hundred and Fifty percent. May more like us stand up for what is correct according to
    Our GOD's standards. Amen and Amen

• Cheryll Matlock

04/20/2019 10:15 AM

I agree, and appreciate your stand for Jesus Christ. If you had won the nomination, I would have voted for you. I don't agree with eveything Trump does or says, but I pray for him. God Bless You.

• Jerry Palo

04/20/2019 10:10 AM

Fully agree with you Gov. ????????????????????????

• Marti Hearn

04/20/2019 10:07 AM

Thank you Sir for standing up for God and His word the Bible. You are absolutely right to adhere to the standards God has set for us to live by.

• Debbie Pitsenbarger

04/20/2019 10:06 AM

You speak Truth Mr Huckabee. Laws of nature and of God are immutable. Thank you and Happy Easter! GOD bless!

• Donna Powell

04/20/2019 09:40 AM

You told the truth and we have a world full of lost souls who believe whatever they feel and do not believe in God or that He is Real. I pray daily for a revival to awake the lost before it is too late.

• John Shields

04/20/2019 09:36 AM

Well said.

• Mary V Jameson

04/20/2019 09:04 AM

I have always revered you, Mike Huckabee, as a person of integrity, fairness, honesty and one who wishes to live a life pleasing to the high standard of right moral living. I fear for the future of my grandchildren as I have seen society degrade to a "me" society and one whose first reaction to anything objectionable to "me" is outrage, not kindness or understanding. Bless you for speaking the truth!

• judy koehr

04/20/2019 08:40 AM

I agree with everything you say...I loved watching you on Fox when you had your Saturday night show...and we miss you terribly now...Our world today is missing believing in a Supreme Being...our homes no longer have God , our schools no longer had God and our Cities no longer had God...and most of our leaders don't want God around....He makes them uncomfortable....What is going to happen to our World..? Only gentle people like you who believe in God can help us...Sarah is an inspiration when I see her taking the garbage the media hands out to her and not losing her cool...she is exceptional...but then she had an excellent teacher......Thank you for being in our world....

• Lenore Delores Peck

04/20/2019 01:03 AM

Thank you for your words of truth. I really like reading your letter and your take on the news of the day. Our country needs as many voices speaking the truth as it can get. By that I mean the truth according to God's standard.

• Louise Harsha

04/19/2019 11:25 PM

So sorry to hear the disgusting remarks. You are such a good person. Our country is falling apart with stupidity.
    I Just can't believe there is such hate among Americans. Keep up what you are doing.

• Marlene Salcher

04/19/2019 10:37 PM

Mike,
    Well said and please keep speaking and writing about God’s truth. We so need more leaders who will contend for the faith and the truths of God’s Word. My husband and I believe His truth as well. God bless you as you fight the great fight of faith.

• Kathleen S Wood

04/19/2019 09:53 PM

I cannot believe that anti-Christian, anti-Pence, anti-freedom of religious beliefs come from good, well-meaning Americans. We love freedom and are willing to extend that freedom to others even if we don't see every issue the same way. It grieves me to my heart that an organization which originally sought to help defend victims of bullying, violence and discrimination, now is the bully, discriminating against the rest of society. Their cries of tolerance have now warped into intolerance toward any who disagree as they force their agenda on the rest of the world. A true Christian would never want to hurt others, call them names, etc. However, we have an inalienable right, just as others do, to believe according to our own consciences. Free people everywhere must respect that and extend that same respect toward others - for Christians, for gays, for Muslims, for the Jewish people, for all others.

• Carol Loignon

04/19/2019 08:57 PM

God bless you for being so connected to our God that you walk the walk and talk the talk. I am sure that our Lord is proud of you for being
    a dedicated disciple. Thank you for your beliefs and your willingness to speak them publicly. I 'm with you.

Carol from Carefree

April 17, 2019

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM.

• Joe Wilkerson

04/20/2019 02:32 PM

Joe Wilkerson

• Elizabeth A Slack

04/20/2019 02:15 PM

Mike,

Take heart, my fellow sojourner in the Lord:

Elizabeth

• Chuck Carlson

04/20/2019 01:39 PM

• Denise A Wright

04/20/2019 01:27 PM

God bless you and keep you in His care.

• Gary L Koch

04/20/2019 10:33 AM

Our GOD's standards. Amen and Amen

• Cheryll Matlock

04/20/2019 10:15 AM

• Jerry Palo

04/20/2019 10:10 AM

Fully agree with you Gov. ????????????????????????

• Marti Hearn