For people who have no sense of humor, Democrats seem to have no sense of “serious,” either.

First, let's examine the premise that Democrats have no sense of humor.  I can personally attest to that. On Thursday, I tweeted something so outrageously silly that no one in his right mind would take it seriously. I forgot there were clueless Democrats out there and that I needed to add “THIS IS A JOKE, YOU IDIOTS."

Here’s what I tweeted: “I’ll be on @seanhannity [email protected] FoxNews at 9pm ET and will explain how @realDonaldTrump will be eligible for a 3rd term due to the illegal attempts by Comey, Dems, and media, et al, attempting to oust him as @POTUS so that’s why I was named to head up the 2024 re-election.” It went on: “Greatly honored to be asked to chair @realDonaldTrump re-election campaign for @POTUS in 2024. Gives me lots of time to plan! By then the Dems will no longer be a political party in America, replaced by the New Whig Party.”

Democrats flipped their whigs.

Now, since comedy is (or should be) based on truth, I should say that certain elements of my tweet were true. I WAS going to be on with Sean Hannity at 9pm ET on Thursday. There certainly WAS (and still is) illegality involved in the attempt to bring down the President. But the rest of the tweet is so obviously in jest that I was not expecting to be “fact-checked.”

(Of course, fact-checking isn’t what it used to be, because “facts” aren’t what they used to be. Today, a “fact” is what I believe because it has been repeated enough times to me as a talking point even though there is no evidence for it. But I digress.)

Anyway, plenty of leftists assumed I was serious. One tweeted, “If they ACTUALLY try this, we need to revolt. We need to leave our jobs, march to D.C., put the orange f----- out of the White House, and lock him in chains. If anyone tries to protect him from facing justice, they should be prepared for violence. Normally, I think the civil war talk is irrational, but gunning for a third term because of “Democratic obstructionism” is fascism at is finest. It needs to be stopped by any means necessary.”

You know, if anything is “fascism at its finest,” it’s marching to D.C. and locking the duly-elected President in chains. Another insane person tweeted: “When he [Trump] said China had the right idea about getting rid of term limits and laughed and said ‘we’re working on that’ when supporters push for him to get three terms, those really should have been obvious signs that he absolutely planned to proclaim himself president for life.”

And this: “Why not just say Trump should be made King? Or maybe president for life, mister huckabee?”  Good grief.

"It was unclear if Mr. Huckabee was serious,” wrote Tom Embury-Dennis at the British news outlet INDEPENDENT, “but there is no indication there exists any official 2024 re-election campaign for Mr. Trump, who faces a battle just to win a second term in November 2020.” (We’ll see about that.) In case their readers aren't aware, Mr. Embury-Dennis helpfully noted that such a campaign “would be unconstitutional” because “the U.S. Constitution expressly forbids Presidents from serving more than two terms in the White House.” Gosh, really? (On the other hand, since this is a British publication, some of their readers probably DON’T know an American President can’t serve three terms. So at least the Brits have an excuse for not knowing. Maybe they find our system as baffling as we find their Parliamentary system. But I digress, again.)

Recall that when Obama was President, there were theories going around that he would find a reason to declare marshal law and remain in office indefinitely. I think a lot of that anxiety was fueled by the fact that he had the media in the palm of his hand, was worshiped as a god by leftists and was already exercising power “with a pen and a phone” that went beyond his constitutional duties.

Even THE HILL reported on my tweet as if it were serious. Were they just playing along with the joke? I don’t think so; they say they “reached out to the White House and Trump’s 2020 campaign for comment.” Really??

Huckabee teases Hannity appearance, says he'll explain why Trump is eligible for third term

So when you see Democrats on the floor of Congress repeatedly calling Trump a “dictator,” as they did during Thursday’s big, embarrassing impeachment confab, don’t think their words have no effect. They do with their lame-brained base --- the ones who take the dumbest ideas ("Medicare For All"?) at face value and think AOC says deeply profound things --- because that crowd has completely lost its collective mind. They’ve known nothing but freedom and don’t understand that If Trump really were a dictator, he would have silenced them all long ago, either by throwing them into prison, throwing their families into prison, or standing them up against a wall and shooting them. Plus, he would have taken everyone’s guns and money, which, when you think about it, is what THEY want to do.

Gee, if Presidents want to continue having their hands in the pot when their term of office is up, the best way would probably be to have loyal swamp-weasels embedded deep within the government bureaucracy, doing every possible thing they thought they could get away with to sabotage the interloper and get him thrown out of office. Even spy on him. Just a thought.

Anyway, I did go on HANNITY Thursday night. (See?  That part is true.)  Sean put up the response to my tweet from Susan Rice:  “WTF??!!,” which I understand means “Well, that’s fine.” It was fun for me to see Democrats’ heads explode over this, especially when Susan Rice took the bait. To never-Trumpers, having Trump in office another four years is something you can’t even joke about. Not even on April 1.

So, we’ve established that Democrats can’t take a joke, or even recognize one. But it seems they don’t have a sense of “serious,” either. Look at the hurt their self-indulgent impeachment sham is causing the country right now, setting precedents that undercut our system of checks and balances and due process. Nancy & friends put on long faces and pretend to be heartbroken, when we know they can barely contain their shivers of delight as they sit before the cameras all day and call President Trump a dictator a few thousand times.

This is their fantasy come true.  For a few hours, they get to stomp all over Trump and forget how this travesty is going to make many of them very, very sorry in November. (Contrast their phony Constitution-waving with the gravitas of someone like Bill Barr, who genuinely cares about the law.) These Democrats have no idea how ridiculous they look to the rest of us. And that truly is sad.

• Steve Glary

12/13/2019 09:00 PM

You know Governor, If the leftist democrats want to increase the justices on the US Supreme Court and do away with that unfair electoral college, I say why not have the president stay for as long as he can continue to win elections. But then... I'm starting to think the election process itself is unfair. So maybe the president should stay on the job until he can find a suitable replacement. The only logical solution.

• Elizabeth

12/13/2019 08:41 PM

Democrats are so extremely stupid, ignorant with no known sense of humor and a short temper. I saw a headline today about college students being depressed and possibly suicidal. It’s no wonder; they are fed liberal trash by godless professors day in and day out for at least 4 years with no or little diversity (California). I’m so glad I’m not a democrat.

• Barb Sabin

12/13/2019 08:28 PM

Thank you for Truth!!! It used to be Truth, Integrity and Honesty, was the American way!!! My precious patriotic mom, who is part of that great cloud of witnesses in Heaven, would be outraged at this sham of hypocritical Dems who are using hate mongering on Our President!!! God Bless America and God Protect us All, especially President Trump!!! Amen

• Bettye Martinez

12/13/2019 08:23 PM

I can't help but find your letter hilariously funny this time. Do the dem's really think they are taking themselves that seriously? What a joke and it's all on them. Go Trump! 4 more!

• Ronald Besse

12/13/2019 07:48 PM

Apparently with the results of the election in Great Britain they are seeing protests by 'I assume' leftist crazies because the Labour Party lost. I fear the same may come true here if and when Trump win's re-election. I hope not but after 3 years of various protests here it probably will happen along with additional attempts of impeachment.

• Carol Davis

12/13/2019 07:34 PM

I have to tell you, this impeachment hoax has me feeling so depressed (and I am sure that I am not alone)! I just keep hoping and praying that it will end. Not happening! Please keep supporting him and let us know when something good ever happens! Thank you and God bless you!

• Mary Jo Wilson

12/13/2019 07:02 PM

Thank you Governor Huckabee for always bringing the truth along with some humor. I look forward to reading your daily comments and watching your show on Saturday nights. I will continue to pray for President Trump and our country.

• Gary Stilwell

12/13/2019 07:00 PM

Comment on this:
    "Gee, if Presidents want to continue having their hands in the pot when their term of office is up, the best way would probably be to have loyal swamp-weasels embedded deep within the government bureaucracy, doing every possible thing they thought they could get away with to sabotage the interloper and get him thrown out of office. Even spy on him. Just a thought".

You speak with insight here--the rumblings of clinton entering the race are coming more frequently--(seems I warned of this 2 yrs ago)--the machine does have the embedded operatives--the weak dem lineup is not without direction---it's intended--I believe even the current expendables pushing the impeachment do not know what is coming--Barr and Durham better get their reports done(or at least have hard documentation of the dates of their conclusions) well before clinton announces---if not, the machine will do what it does--claim the reports are in response to clinton's announcement and are trying to de-ligitimize her candidacy(like she didn't do that already---since when do we elect murderers?)

• Charles Wacker

12/13/2019 06:53 PM

I’m still laughing a whole day later !

• Crystal Pafford

12/13/2019 06:53 PM

I love your comments. You are so right, the Socialist/Dems have no sense of humor. Keep it up Governor Huckabee! Also, I love your daughter. You and your wife raised a strong, intelligent and classy woman.

• Carol Layne

12/13/2019 06:26 PM

I've fantasized over what I'd like to do to DEMOCRATS, but Alas it's illegal, love your comments, believe you Me, you hit the nail dead on.

• None Of Your Business

12/13/2019 06:17 PM

You’re such a sorry POS. You got cat fished and now you’re trying to save face. I doubt you’ll publish this but we know. You’re a loser. You couldn’t even run Arkansas.

• Dave Newbry

12/13/2019 05:41 PM

Bet you're gonna get copious comments about TDS and how deeply (and probably permanently) affected democRATs have become. "It was unclear if Mr. Huckabee was serious,” wow!!!!

• Alexander Webb

12/13/2019 05:30 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee,

Saw your tweet on Hannity. Laughed out loud, especially at the responses.

• Larry S. Grubbs

12/13/2019 05:24 PM

The real charge of Congress is not investigation of obstruction but of PERVERSION.
    Congress says our President abuses office. I say our President is FULFILLING his oath of office to protect Americans from enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC. He has every right and obligation to investigate corruption no matter where it leads.
    Thank you Mike Huckabee.

• Warren Lindquist

12/13/2019 04:58 PM

Great article! I have always enjoyed your sense of humor and this one just took the honors! Keep those tweets and letters coming, Governor! #KAG #MAGA

• Richard Thompson

12/13/2019 04:42 PM

I thought your joke was great, wish I thought of it. Now you need to make a few T shirts for sale saying some thing like “4 more in 24”, haha can’t you just see it.

• Neil Lesser

12/13/2019 04:38 PM

Like you and your daughter. You should be very proud!

• Dennis Bodlien

12/13/2019 04:35 PM

I have a hard time assuming that the left is TOTALLY brainless over the impeachment push (as unfounded as it is from a legal due process perspective) for the following rationale:
    1) I have heard many in the Democrat Party (and their brainwashing supporters in academia) in recent years state that we need to revamp (or even rewrite) the Constitution to make it more relevant to modern societal norms (whatever that means!).
    2) I have listened recently to many Republicans talking about how this current impeachment effort will permanently harm and weaken the Constitution (a position I firmly believe to be true).
    3) Therefore, is it not possible that the highest leadership of the left may be collaborating (dare I say colluding?) to deliberately undermine the foundations of the Constitution, thus forcing a Constitutional Convention so that they can rewrite it according to their own morally baseless and globalist notions?
    4) Finally, if my scenario is plausible, when do concerted efforts to undermine and destroy the Constitution (which they are SWORN to defend and protect) become treason?

• Gary Kinser

12/13/2019 04:34 PM

On the subject of a third presidential term, how could Hillary Clinton be eligible to run for President after serving 2 terms as Co-President?

• Dot whitley

12/13/2019 04:16 PM

It's because of politicians like the Democrats that there has to be term limits. They are too blind to see that they are the ones who are trying to change America into a communist country, or else they are smart enough to know that there are many people easy to deceive now, and who will fall for any lie they tell. I just hope there's more Americans with good sense than the other kind.

Dot Whitley

• James E. Bagby

12/13/2019 04:08 PM

Gov. Huckabee; During the impeachment proceedings one republican responded that this was just the beginning and that when it was over there were several bad players (democrats) that would be held accountable for their misdeeds and prosecuted. I just hope this will come to be and we all will be able to see them squirm when the verdict is read. Another republican stated that in the event Trump is impeached for doing nothing illegal, then all following presidents should be impeached for the same reasons. It is a shame that our country has been forced to experience this shameful act by a bunch of power hungry, crybabies that didn't get their way. For three years the do-nothing democrats have accomplished absolutely nothing that they were elected for by their own party. It seems to me that they should be held accountable for dereliction of duty and obstruction of congress for their failure to perform their elected duties. Thanks for the e-mails and laughable comments.

• Phyllis Murrell

12/13/2019 04:08 PM

My only hope is that there are enough concerned conservatives out here to outnumber the clueless democrats in November. We MUST not let our nation fall back into the hands of the corruption tainted left again.

• Charles Simmons

12/13/2019 04:08 PM

America’s democrat partisans apparently have channeled their inner Soviet and decided to proceed as jesters in Beria-style impeachment proceedings, as jesters in their kangaroo court of fantasy impeachment.

Democrats have learned well from their vile Soviet masters, from their tyrannical ChiComm idols, and from prior National Socialist examples.

So in conclusion, as goes President Trump, so goes American life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

• Lee Bush

12/13/2019 03:48 PM

Well, hey—at least the idiots are reading your messages. Those who can read. You never know. Someday something might sink in.

Democrats flipped their whigs.

• Steve Glary

12/13/2019 07:02 PM

• Gary Stilwell

12/13/2019 07:00 PM

Comment on this:

• Charles Wacker

12/13/2019 06:53 PM

I’m still laughing a whole day later !

• Crystal Pafford

12/13/2019 06:53 PM

• Carol Layne

12/13/2019 06:26 PM

• None Of Your Business

12/13/2019 06:17 PM

• Dave Newbry

12/13/2019 05:41 PM

• Alexander Webb

12/13/2019 05:30 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee,

Saw your tweet on Hannity. Laughed out loud, especially at the responses.

• Larry S. Grubbs

12/13/2019 05:24 PM

Thank you Mike Huckabee.

• Warren Lindquist

12/13/2019 04:58 PM

• Richard Thompson

12/13/2019 04:42 PM

• Neil Lesser

12/13/2019 04:38 PM

Like you and your daughter. You should be very proud!

• Dennis Bodlien

• Phyllis Murrell

12/13/2019 04:08 PM

• Charles Simmons

12/13/2019 04:08 PM

• Lee Bush

12/13/2019 03:48 PM

Democrats flipped their whigs.

• Steve Glary

12/13/2019 07:02 PM

• Gary Stilwell

12/13/2019 07:00 PM

Comment on this:

• Charles Wacker

12/13/2019 06:53 PM

I’m still laughing a whole day later !

• Crystal Pafford

12/13/2019 06:53 PM

• Carol Layne

12/13/2019 06:26 PM

• None Of Your Business

12/13/2019 06:17 PM

• Dave Newbry

12/13/2019 05:41 PM

• Alexander Webb

12/13/2019 05:30 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee,

Saw your tweet on Hannity. Laughed out loud, especially at the responses.

• Larry S. Grubbs

12/13/2019 05:24 PM

Thank you Mike Huckabee.

• Warren Lindquist

12/13/2019 04:58 PM

• Richard Thompson

12/13/2019 04:42 PM

• Neil Lesser

12/13/2019 04:38 PM

Like you and your daughter. You should be very proud!

• Dennis Bodlien