Evening Edition - April 5

April 5, 2020 |

GOD'S LOVE

I know you’re all under a lot of stress, having to self-quarantine, social distance and other things that have upended our lives that that were unheard of only a month ago. Some of you are only dealing with the stress of trying to avoid the COVID-19 (Chinese) coronavirus, while others have actually suffered it, or seen loved ones contract it and even die from it. But before I start getting into the grim updates, I want to say something to help you keep a positive outlook.

I said this at the end of last weekend’s “Huckabee” on TBN, and I want to share it with you here, too:

“I want to offer you some encouragement. All the talk about the virus and the upheaval it’s brought to our jobs, our schools, our sports, our daily routines, is unsettling. And we really don’t know yet what’s to happen, or if we’ll ever be the same financially or emotionally.

But when things in this world become more uncertain, I’m comforted by the certainty of God’s love and purpose. The virus may indeed separate me from my events or my friends or my travels. But it won’t separate me from God or His love. And He’s got a bigger purpose for you, me and the world than for us to live in fear. I’m going to keep my sense of humor. Keep my faith. And keep believing that greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

We’re going to be back next week, and I hope you will, too. In the meantime, keep smiling, keep believing, and keep looking up. God is with us!”

SUNDAY IS COMING!

A week from now, we’ll celebrate Easter—to commemorate the Resurrection of Christ. One of the best Easter sermons I ever heard was titled, “It’s Friday, But Don’t Worry, Because Sunday is Coming!” It was a reminder that on the day Jesus was crucified, everything was dark, evil, and appeared hopeless. Those closest to Jesus were in fear for their own lives and felt that all they had devoted themselves to for 3 years died on that cross. They saw their Master and their hopes and faith buried in a borrowed tomb. That was Friday. But then came Sunday. It was the day that 3 women went to the tomb to honor a man who was dead. Instead, they were the first to know that what they had witnessed on Friday WASN’T the last chapter. We all have a lot of Fridays in our lives. Bad doctor reports; financial problems just to pay rent or buy groceries; a sick child; broken relationships. Yes, it’s Friday, but don’t worry because Sunday is coming. The coronavirus and what it’s done to us individually and as a nation is truly a Friday. Even if you’re never afflicted with the VIRUS, you HAVE been affected by a complete shutdown of our economy, culture, and even our recreational activities. It’s definitely Friday. But don’t worry, because Sunday is coming. As we observe Palm Sunday this weekend, remember that the same crowd who screamed “crucify him!” was shouting his praise and screaming “Hosannah!” the week before. Let’s not get lost in our Fridays, because Sunday is coming. God is good. All the time. All the time, God is good. From all of us here at the Huckabee Show, thanks for joining us, stay safe, and remember that Sunday IS coming!

WEB SENSATION

While we’re all staying inside, and parents are looking for interesting and educational things for kids to do on the Internet, here’s the least likely new web sensation of the year.

The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City had to shut down, so they put their head security guard, Tim, in charge of updating their social media pages. Tim obviously knows as much about social media and Internet lingo as you would expect the guard at a cowboy museum to know, and his delightful stabs at it, mixed with authentic cowboy lore and goofy “dad jokes,” have adults and kids flocking to the museum pages to see what he’ll post next.

In a time like that, when we all could use a smile, Tim the cowboy museum security guard is the “social media influencer” of kids that we all needed.

SHAMELESS

House Speaker (and boy, should she try thinking before speaking) Nancy Pelosi was interviewed by fellow TDS patient Jake Tapper of CNN this week, who pointed out that her home district in San Francisco was hit hard by the COVID-19 coronavirus. She then tried to blame this CHINESE virus on President Trump, accusing him of “deadly” delays. When Tapper asked if she was saying his actions cost American lives, she replied, “Yes, I am. I'm saying that…”

And this: “His denial at the beginning was deadly…his delay in getting equipment to where it's needed is deadly. But as the president fiddles, people are dying.”

Sen. Lindsay Graham called that “the most shameless, disgusting statement by any politician in modern history.” I would call Graham’s description the “understatement of the century.”

President Trump (who called Pelosi a "sick puppy") isn’t “fiddling.” He's orchestrating constantly to get needed supplies to places where they need to be and to clear away the kind of pointless laws and regulations that hamper urgent action, and that Nancy Pelosi and her ilk have spent decades in DC, spinning like cocoons.

While he was imposing a travel ban from China way back in January, Pelosi and her single-minded cabal of radical House partisans were doing nothing but sawing their broken impeachment fiddle (irony of ironies, she wanted to impeach Trump on a false charge of holding up needed aid to Ukraine to boost his electoral chances, when she later cynically held up the aid bill for Americans for a week, trying to stuff it full of leftist pork to boost her party’s electoral chances.)

Democrats like Joe Biden, whom she wants to make President, Chuck Schumer and others called Trump a racist, xenophobic, immigrant-hating fear monger for shutting down travel from China, which turned out to be the single biggest factor in delaying the spread of the disease in the US and buying more time to prepare for it.

As Trump has continued working tirelessly, trying to clear away obstacles, get resources where they’re needed, and draw a bead on a constantly-moving target, he’s had to deal not only with the coronavirus but with the virus of toxic partisanship, as Pelosi, her Party and their stenographers in the press attack, question, deride and misrepresent everything he does and says.

And speaking of deadly delays, what have they done to help? Her Democratic House didn’t hold a single hearing on the virus until after their failed impeachment imploded, or about a week after Trump’s travel ban started. Right up until earlier this month, New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio and Democratic officials were urging city residents to ignore the warnings and go out to public events.

I am genuinely sorry for the people of Pelosi's district who are suffering the effects of this disease particularly hard. But if they are realy concerned about public health, safety and hygiene affecting them and their families, then I strongly suggest they vote out leftists like her, who have been content for years to live in walled mansions that function like islands, protecting them from the ocean of needles, trash, disease, crime and human feces they allow to plague the less wealthy and connected all around them.

If anyone has spent years fiddling while Rome burned, it's Nancy Pelosi and her leftist cohorts. This latest crisis, and their self-serving, worse-than-useless response to it, have only proven that they are not only Neroes, they are zeroes.

1. U.S. # CONFIRMED CASES (As of 3:19 PM): 331,151   DEATHS: 9,441  RECOVERIES: 16,826 (Reported recoveries)

Source:  Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

TESTS GIVEN:  1,644,200

Source: The Covid Tracking Project

2.  CDC RECOMMENDATIONS: How to protect yourself  |  What to do if you are sick

3.  REACTION:  Readers sound off on the response to COVID-19.

4. NEWS YOU CAN USE: Cleaners that kill coronavirus

DAILY BIBLE VERSE

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to get, [1] and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

• JoNancy Sundberg

04/06/2020 06:46 AM

Amen to all that was said. Concise, Complete, Correct. Thank you for your spot-on appraisal of the current situation AND for the encouragement you offer. God bless you, Mike Huckabee. From a long-time Arkansas resident .

• Linda Orf

04/06/2020 06:18 AM

Great read, Governor. Thank you. I imagine that after this is all over and the elections come upon us, there will be a multitude of videos showing Nancy Pelosi in SanFranscisco in February encouraging everyone to “come to China Town”. I hope and pray that there is a level headed, God fearing man or woman in SanFranscisco who will challenge her seat for that district and retire her. Everyday as I spend time in prayer I plead with our great God to turn this nation back to Him as the founders were also inspired by Him over 200 years ago. Bottom up, top down and inside out!

• D. I. Swender

04/06/2020 04:36 AM

In the next stimulus bill, will there be adequate economic bailout for the churches that are struggling financially during the Covid-19 pandemic, especially when those churches are adhering to the suggested guidelines? In comparison, financial support for the Kennedy Center was included in the last stimulus bill.

Ref: https://pjmedia.com/trending/as-easter-services-are-canceled-churchs-struggle-to-stay-afloat-financially/

• LaVerne Wisdom

04/06/2020 03:23 AM

When I have time, I copy and paste your comments to Facebook, I wish I would get them straight to Facebook so I don't have to go through so much extra work, this post was excellent. God bless you for your work and I miss your sweet daughter as the WH speaker for DJT but I understand that everybody jumping on her constantly would be a high-stress job....

• Shelley Jordan

04/06/2020 03:04 AM

Your words are so powerful and useful for all! Thank you also for still having the Huckabee show given the necessary logistical changes!

• Cynthia Fitzmorris

04/06/2020 02:38 AM

This was excellent. Thank you so much for your reassurance and encouragement, it's much appreciated!

• Marlene Jensen

04/06/2020 02:17 AM

When Pelosi lies about Trump's delays and "fiddling," why doesn't someone remind her that Obama/Biden waited SIX MONTHS before they did anything about the Swine flu around 2009!!!

• Anne Amato

04/06/2020 02:11 AM

Dear Governor,
    Thank you for the Bible verses. Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8 reminded me of a song popular when I was many years younger....."Turn, Turn, Turn" by The Byrds.
    Only thing I would question is the last "i swear it's not too late".
    Here is link for anyone who wants to listen: https://youtu.be/xVOJla2vYx8

• Douglas Pinckney

04/06/2020 02:08 AM

Thank you for mentioning about voters voting out leftists like Pelosi and her gang.

Would it be possible to make available, a list of all the leftists who are up for re-election this year? Both to make it public and also to begin putting thoughts in the minds of conservative leaders who might begin to wage an election war against the leftists. I'm sure those conservative hopefuls would get all kinds of financial and supportive help from the GOP.
    The time to plan and work a strategy against the leftist swamp is now. I believe voters who would normally vote for leftists have had enough of the rediculous games and might vote against their previous left swamp feeders.

• Stephen Rein

04/06/2020 01:54 AM

Thank you for the bible passage. Before I heard about this virus, God told me to go to Church. I have not been to church for a long time. Shortly after that God pointed me in the direction of John Chapter 3. I looked it up, on the internet. Of course it came up under Billy Grams ministries. So I confessed my sins and accepted Jesus as my lord and Saviour. Now I have a craving to learn more about God and Jesus. Since today begibs Holly Week, cannot go to Church. I listened to our sermon on my laptop. Then the rest of the day listening to Greg Laurie. I get very frustrated with family members hear in Canada. Because they believe the media about Trump. Nancy flat out lies. I am taking this time to get to know God better. I know I donated some money to an Israely group. They said my name would be written on the Western wall. Whether it is or isn't it will be nice to see that area of the Middle East. I know you have been to the wall. I do not know when the Coming of Christ will happen. I know something is up, because of the nudge I recieved from God. I am not going to stress about now, there is something better coming.
    Good night.

• William Dame

04/06/2020 01:40 AM

Thanks for the encouraging words. If you are ever called to preach again, please let us know. I would love to attend.

• Lauri Norris

04/06/2020 12:37 AM

I don’t understand Pelosi’s complaint about the affect of COVID-19 on SF. There are less than 600 confirmed cases and 8 deaths in SF, and 344 deaths in all of California.
    To me the numbers are not adding up to their (panic) crisis. Just another attempt to attack Trump. They hate that he is on top of things and they can’t get him down, not for lack of trying.
    This feels like the next attempt at a distraction. They have no party. They have no policy. They have nothing to go forward, and they know they’re doomed.

• James Hinckley

04/06/2020 12:37 AM

Thanks for your insight

• Kathy Wingate

04/06/2020 12:08 AM

Happy beginning of Holy Week....our Church is holding youtube services, they have managed pretty well, all things considered, this is totally new to us. No one has been stricken by Covid-19, that I am aware of, and I don't know anyone at all who has had it..I guess we're behaving as directed.
    Nancy P. has to try to make Trump look bad, but I think he's done a great job. Lies from China are the problem, and I think it terribly suspicious that the lab so close to that market, has created this pandemic, and I'm not so sure it was accidental. I don't think we should trust China with anything, esp. PPE for the nurses and doctors, food, drugs, there are so many opportunities for them to sabotage us, it's just to dangerous to trust them. I believe the tariffs have made Xi mad, and he is resolved to wreck us and our economy in return. They want us to use their electronic devices for our 5G mobile and internet, but they can insert chips to spy on us...I believe they have already been doing that, we are dumb enough to be buying electronics from them for years. We need to push our Gov't to stop bringing Chinese goods into the US, and make our own things or purchase from friendly non-communist countries, they aren't our friends...POTUS has a "great relationship" with Xi, and it is good that we are not going to war with them and Russia...but it doesn't mean we can trust them...I hope Congress gets that...Stop buying drugs from China!!

• Frankie Broussard BeSt GrAnDmA eVeR!!

04/05/2020 11:52 PM

Thank you, Nr Huckabee, I need your. Knowledge and encouragement!
    Please help Make America Great again.

• Claudine Day

04/05/2020 11:36 PM

And in the midst of all this, Jesus is walking with us and aren't we who know Him thankful ! We're just praying for revival so many more will come to know Him, especially in these end times. Thank you, Mike for your faithfulness! Blessings to you and your family!

• Peter Rodi

04/05/2020 11:24 PM

Mis-statement in my second paragraph
    Meant to say: Even though the economic losses will be huge......

• Phyllis Lambert

04/05/2020 11:23 PM

Governor, thanks for repeating what you said on your show. Those are probably some of the most comforting words anyone has said during this crises. My Dad was also a Baptist pastor. He died in June of 2001. I sure miss asking him questions and hearing him expound on the scriptures. He was a wonderful preacher.

• Eleanor Allert

04/05/2020 11:21 PM

Thank you for your steadfast love and support of the President. My prayer is that he will learn the way of Jesus and "rejoice" when men speak all manner of evil against falsely. Today I read that the civilization jihad is succeeding through government, education, media and law enforcement institutions because of their ignorance of the plan. This breaks my heart, but God is still in control and we must keep our eyes on Him and nothing else. Those who are on the devil's side will reap their reward. Let's keep the faith!

• David L. Dougall

04/05/2020 11:17 PM

Your comments concerning Pelosi and her arrogant leftist liberals is spot on. As a born again Christian I believe that many people may come to realize that God is in control of this Corona virus and just perhaps, on Easter Sunday the virus may be on a downward decline and people may accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior. May God bless you Governor Huckebee, and may God bless America.

• Peter Rodi

04/05/2020 11:15 PM

I believe we're quite probably in the midst of the greatest worldwide Christian revival in the history of God's world on the basis of the huge numbers of viewerships attending virtual church services world wide and the corresponding number of conversions just after the first three weeks of quarantines worldwide. Thank you Jesus, PTL. Amen !!!

Also, though the losses will be huge worldwide compared with any other worldwide event, the human loss of life will not even compare closely with many other common causes of the loss of life.

• Mary Williams

04/05/2020 11:00 PM

Thank you Mike for your Biblical inspirations.
    I believe The Lord is not happy with what is happening in America. First is the abortion industry, second No prayer in schools or many family gatherings, there are other things He most likely does not like. In other words We as a people/country do not spend enough time with Him in reading our Bible or in prayer. Maybe if Churches would get more involved in promoting prayer and teaching Gods Biblical word, Families would have prayer in the home again, and if we can get prayer back in schools, public meetings, and sports activities God will come close again.
    I believe He wants to help America and the people but He needs the Church’s and our prayers and worship so He knows we love Him.

• James Kemp

04/05/2020 10:37 PM

thank you Mike for these wonderful short emails, I espesially liked todays about God and how we are supposed to believe. Keep them coming. Love you Jom

• Ellen Hoffman

04/05/2020 10:31 PM

How does the media get away with all these lies? Is there no one who can hold them accountable for truth?? Our standards in our country have been dropping for decades. I fear we will lose our republic if there isn't a change. The media, house and senate and even our President, once a very dignified position are acting like children. This is not acceptable. I can't believe this is the best our country has to offer. Really? I pray for Joe Biden, it must be horrible to have been an intelligent well thought of man to be turned to a laughing stock. It is obvious to most of us that he has some form of medical condition. I can't believe he's still running. It's as if we're in a horrible nightmare and we can't wake up!!

• Gary Stilwell

04/05/2020 10:28 PM

We see here the stuff from madam pelosi:
    SHAMELESS

We--the American people, should have a really big problem with this---pelosi is supposedly representing the "home district" of San Francisco--oops!!!! the lady DOES NOT LIVE IN THIS DISTRICT!!! She does not have the right to represent those individuals who DO live there--

Evening Edition - April 5

April 5, 2020 |

GOD'S LOVE

SUNDAY IS COMING!

WEB SENSATION

SHAMELESS

Source:  Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

TESTS GIVEN:  1,644,200

Source: The Covid Tracking Project

2.  CDC RECOMMENDATIONS: How to protect yourself  |  What to do if you are sick

3.  REACTION:  Readers sound off on the response to COVID-19.

4. NEWS YOU CAN USE: Cleaners that kill coronavirus

04/06/2020 02:38 AM

• Marlene Jensen

04/06/2020 02:17 AM

• Anne Amato

04/06/2020 02:11 AM

Dear Governor,
    Only thing I would question is the last "i swear it's not too late".
    Here is link for anyone who wants to listen: https://youtu.be/xVOJla2vYx8

04/06/2020 12:37 AM

• James Hinckley

04/06/2020 12:37 AM

Thanks for your insight

• Kathy Wingate

04/06/2020 12:08 AM

• Frankie Broussard BeSt GrAnDmA eVeR!!

04/05/2020 11:52 PM

Thank you, Nr Huckabee, I need your. Knowledge and encouragement!
    Please help Make America Great again.

• Claudine Day

04/05/2020 11:36 PM

• Peter Rodi

04/05/2020 11:24 PM

Mis-statement in my second paragraph
    Meant to say: Even though the economic losses will be huge......

• Phyllis Lambert

04/05/2020 11:23 PM

• Eleanor Allert

04/05/2020 11:21 PM

• David L. Dougall

04/05/2020 11:17 PM

• Peter Rodi

04/05/2020 11:15 PM

• Mary Williams

04/05/2020 11:00 PM

Thank you Mike for your Biblical inspirations.

• James Kemp

WEB SENSATION

SHAMELESS

Source:  Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

TESTS GIVEN:  1,644,200

Source: The Covid Tracking Project

2.  CDC RECOMMENDATIONS: How to protect yourself  |  What to do if you are sick

3.  REACTION:  Readers sound off on the response to COVID-19.

4. NEWS YOU CAN USE: Cleaners that kill coronavirus

04/06/2020 02:38 AM

• Marlene Jensen

04/06/2020 02:17 AM

• Anne Amato

04/06/2020 02:11 AM

Dear Governor,
    Only thing I would question is the last "i swear it's not too late".
    Here is link for anyone who wants to listen: https://youtu.be/xVOJla2vYx8

04/06/2020 12:37 AM

• James Hinckley

04/06/2020 12:37 AM

Thanks for your insight

• Kathy Wingate

04/06/2020 12:08 AM

• Frankie Broussard BeSt GrAnDmA eVeR!!

04/05/2020 11:52 PM

Thank you, Nr Huckabee, I need your. Knowledge and encouragement!
    Please help Make America Great again.

• Claudine Day

04/05/2020 11:36 PM

• Peter Rodi

04/05/2020 11:24 PM

Mis-statement in my second paragraph
    Meant to say: Even though the economic losses will be huge......

• Phyllis Lambert

04/05/2020 11:23 PM

• Eleanor Allert

04/05/2020 11:21 PM

• David L. Dougall

04/05/2020 11:17 PM

• Peter Rodi

04/05/2020 11:15 PM

• Mary Williams

04/05/2020 11:00 PM

Thank you Mike for your Biblical inspirations.

• James Kemp